• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So from what I have heard many reports have come out saying that the whole Biden thing was already investigated and there was nothing that came of it right? Makes me wonder why we don't just say "Oh.... yeah sure you can interview Biden's kid if you'll also let us bring in Bolton and whoever else we want" and we'd kill this whole Biden deal because obviously it's all garbage anyway and we can still get our witnesses. I say call their bluff.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
So from what I have heard many reports have come out saying that the whole Biden thing was already investigated and there was nothing that came of it right? Makes me wonder why we don't just say "Oh.... yeah sure you can interview Biden's kid if you'll also let us bring in Bolton and whoever else we want" and we'd kill this whole Biden deal because obviously it's all garbage anyway and we can still get our witnesses. I say call their bluff.
Because no matter what answers Biden gives, Trump supporters will only listen to the lengthy rants of the Reps "questioning" him. Also, Biden's not on trial.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's Benghazi all over again.

Oct 25, 2017
"If you're going to bring up Ukraine and Trump, how are you not going to bring up Ukraine and Biden??"

Willful fucking ignorance. Going to hear a lot of this over the next while from Republicans and Trump's henchmen

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because no matter what answers Biden gives, Trump supporters will only listen to the lengthy rants of the Reps "questioning" him. Also, Biden's not on trial.

Trump supporters are going to do that no matter what though. I figure the big key is for swing voters who may be on the fence. Hearing John Bolton's testimony and others that they could call to me would be worth it.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sekulow is on CBSN and is pretty pathetic.

He's saying that if you want to accuse Trump of interference you have to accuse the Clintons of interference, too. Um... okay?

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Sekulow just spouting more of that Q anon garbage? It's so odd how angry all the republicans are all the time whether they be lawyers, chief justices, presidents, senators, etc.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
That guy might be the worst bs bluffer I've ever seen. I can see why Trump likes him, he's a domineering blowhard just like Trump, but he's so transparent I can't believe he's a successful lawyer. Or maybe he's just overwhelmed by how much of a corrupt scumbag criminal his client is.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you bring Hunter Biden in as a witness and let republicans interview him, you are directly complicit in the very crime Trump is being impeached for. Hunter Biden having nothing to do with this is precisely the point. The GOP doesn't want to investigate him to find something, they want to smear him by association - a la Hillary, emails, benghazi. Give the public the idea there's a there there. Puttting him on an impeachment trial would be absolutely insane.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you bring Hunter Biden in as a witness and let republicans interview him, you are directly complicit in the very crime Trump is being impeached for. Hunter Biden having nothing to do with this is precisely the point. The GOP doesn't want to investigate him to find something, they want to smear him by association - a la Hillary, emails, benghazi. Give the public the idea there's a there there. Puttting him on an impeachment trial would be absolutely insane.

Yeah good point. Just frustrating. Just sucks when you feel like common sense can't win the day.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
The WH Counsel defense is going to be a similar defense as the Kavanaugh hearing : just yelling and loud noises.

I'm not sure I have the mental fortitude to sit through however long they decide to spout bullshit.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Too bad Schumer shot this down a few nights ago

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017

The thing about this - GOP holds entire control over witnesses coming in. They have 53. They don't even need to do a witness trade, just call him in. They could vote right now to bring in the Bidens and Dems can't do anything about it. But they won't do it (I really doubt they would), because it doesn't help they're case at all. As usual, it's just fucking talk.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017

GOP loves to fear monger and create caricatures of events that disprove their theories to push their narrative. It's scary because it works for them. Its why they are pushing this Biden narrative so hard, they are already setting him up because even if he wins they have this narrative plugged into the viewers minds.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about this - GOP holds entire control over witnesses coming in. They have 53. They don't even need to do a witness trade, just call him in. They could vote right now to bring in the Bidens and Dems can't do anything about it. But they won't do it (I really doubt they would), because it doesn't help they're case at all. As usual, it's just fucking talk.

This was my thought. I think it's all smoke and bullshit. Which is why I said call their bluff and say yeah let's do the trade.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They can't bring in their own witnesses and not Dems, unless they want to risk Roberts finally doing something beyond gathering dust and doing what Mitch just told him to do. Roberts IS an institutionalist, but I get the profound sense he just wants this farce to be over without having to call a ball or a strike, period. If the GOP tried unilateral witness calling, Roberts would have to rule on an objection and the GOP probably isn't confident about pushing it that far.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sekulow's probably still mad about the whole "LAWYER LAWSUITS!" thing. It made him look like a bigger fool than he already is. I laughed at that so many times.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This was my thought. I think it's all smoke and bullshit. Which is why I said call their bluff and say yeah let's do the trade.
That's not a trade. You assume Bolton and Mulvaney will be friendly witnesses, instead of just crying, "Executive privilege" all the time. Their "testimony" is also unnecessary and won't affect the outcome, other than ensuring the trial continues during SOTU which is a fleeting victory. Meanwhile they'll have Biden(s) on the stand for hours trying to find any gotcha they can repeat all year long, plus the fact he's sitting in a chair answering questions and Trump isn't gives the impression to casual observers that he's at least as guilty as Trump.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
***Republicans block evidence***

Also Republicans: "Oh my god you keep repeating facts, we're so bored! Where's my fidget spinner?"

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
They can't bring in their own witnesses and not Dems, unless they want to risk Roberts finally doing something beyond gathering dust and doing what Mitch just told him to do. Roberts IS an institutionalist, but I get the profound sense he just wants this farce to be over without having to call a ball or a strike, period. If the GOP tried unilateral witness calling, Roberts would have to rule on an objection and the GOP probably isn't confident about pushing it that far.

Sure? Roberts hasn't exactly been enforcing the fact that everyone needs to be there, so idk. I'd like to think that tho

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Are there any trial rules that'll be enforced? Seems like going off on irrelevant topics like a fictional Biden crime in front of the US Senate and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is the most extreme contempt of court possible.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Going after Biden seems like a bad idea, I'll be honest.

Biden is pretty well liked in general. It may not matter for those plugged into the Fox News machine but the more flexible independent likely won't like it.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Nadler called Trump an outlier - expect Sekulow to deliver an inflamed speech saying his client is not a liar.