• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
As evidenced in the growing months and after the events of tonight, Trump must be removed from office and Congress seems unwilling to do so. In part because they dont think enough people support it. Currently there are 140 rallies/protests/demonstrations nationwide. Use the link below to find the closest one to you. Many on this forum talk about how he must be impeached now. The more people that participate the louder they will get the message. This has been something they have been organizing for weeks.

While you're at it call/write to your local representatives and senators in addition to Pelosi and McConnell.

Last edited:

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Protests will never happen in the US. The system is designed to keep people working from paycheck to paycheck so that if you miss a day of work you are fucked.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what happened tonight? Er yestetday. I must have missed a big piece of news

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi: "Only 140? We need at least 170 protests before I'll think about maybe discussing the possibility of one day maybe mentioning it to a colleague. Maybe."

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good, keep this shit in the face of representatives. We'll see how long Democratic leadership can ignore their base.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
After you impeach him, what will be done about the 60 million people who support him and millions more who're comfortable with the negative peace that beget Trump?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a pretty compelling argument that trying to impeach him now would just play in to the Republican's plan. Impeachment WILL fail due to how many Rs they need to flip, so it's better to do it closer to the elections when you can limit Trump's campaigning and also keep the whole thing fresh in people's minds. If you try to impeach him now, then it fails, and you get a year of Trump and the Republicans claiming victory the same way they did over the Mueller report and a news cycle that drowns out all the messages from smaller Democratic candidates which will knock them out of the race (this wouldn't affect Bernie, Biden, or probably Warren). That's the argument at least. I'll see if I can find the post.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I saw a pretty compelling argument that trying to impeach him now would just play in to the Republican's plan. Impeachment WILL fail due to how many Rs they need to flip, so it's better to do it closer to the elections when you can limit Trump's campaigning and also keep the whole thing fresh in people's minds. If you try to impeach him now, then it fails, and you get a year of Trump and the Republicans claiming victory the same way they did over the Mueller report and a news cycle that drowns out all the messages from smaller Democratic candidates which will knock them out of the race (this wouldn't affect Bernie, Biden, or probably Warren). That's the argument at least. I'll see if I can find the post.
Or Democrats could get off their asses, go on every news channel in the country and control the narrative that the Republican Senate is complicit and not upholding the law.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
There is merit to this argument. But there is evidence that dems don't ever plan to impeach as they feel its a gamble and will jeapardise there standings in congress. This is a miscalculation If now isnt the best time to impeach fine... but it has to happen. Impeachment hearings for Trump must take place at some point before his term is up.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Or Democrats could get off their asses, go on every news channel in the country and control the narrative that the Republican Senate is complicit and not upholding the law.
I doubt that would have any significant effect on swing voters unfortunately.

There is merit to this argument. But there is evidence that dems don't ever plan to impeach as they feel its a gamble and will jeapardise there standings in congress. This is a miscalculation If now isnt the best time to impeach fine... but it has to happen. Impeachment hearings for Trump must take place at some point before his term is up.
Agreed. It NEEDS to happen at some point or else the precedent set is frightening.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think any amount of protesting will be able to convince the Republican majority in the Senate to remove Trump from office, but hopefully if the turnout is large enough it will pressure Dems in the House to do their job and move forward with the impeachment proceedings. It'll be helpful in aiding the only realistic path toward removal, the 2020 election.

Erpy

May 31, 2018

The democrats are a much more diverse party than the GOP, which makes unified message discipline harder and they also lack the propaganda apparatus that the Republicans can take advantage of. It's easy to say "control the narrative already", but in a narrative-setting war, it's not easy to compete with something like this:

01-Sinclair-News-Anchors-Unison.w700.h467.jpg

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I see no point to doing impeachment proceedings against trump. They do not have the votes to actually have this matter.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
this is gonna be a wet fart like when they pulled the trigger on the mueller protests too early

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Protests will never happen in the US. The system is designed to keep people working from paycheck to paycheck so that if you miss a day of work you are fucked.

I guess you've ignored the dozens of major protests in the last decade that feature thousands/tens of thousands of people marching in multiple cities for various causes.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There are protests all the time in the US, they just don't necessarily make national news. We still also have had many large scale protests even since Trump's election.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You idiots. He wants to be impeached. Let's just ignore him and not give him what he wants.