• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are Bears Dogs or Cats ?

• Dogs

• Cats

• bears

Results are only viewable after voting.

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Are bears dogs or cats?

For your mental health, whenever you're about to check the news today and be stressed, put your energy into pondering this question, instead. It's important. And it's up for debate.

Are bears, dogs or cats?

Last edited:

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I voted bears but I feel this must be going over my head in some way.

Edit: I guess it's not going over my head. Quarantine threads are worse than weekend threads. Stay healthy everyone.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Did you factor the toilet paper equation into this?

If so, you'd know.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
A bear is neither but it is actually classified as a Canidae or Canis, which is a family of animal often described as a "Dog-like Canivoran".

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
They're bears, but if you absolutely had to put them on a sliding scale that only ended in dogs or cats...they're more closely related to dogs.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most closely related to Seals, actually.

www.quora.com

What animals are closely related to bears?

Answer (1 of 7): SEALS. That’s right, seals are the closest living relatives of bears. Bears belong to the Carnivoran suborder caniformia, which contains dogs, raccoons, mustelids (weasels, badgers, otters, and the like), skunks, and seals. Out of these, the ones bears share the most recent commo...

by that measure, the answer to OP's question specifically would then be dogs since they are also related to seals

B9781437708127000015_f001-001-9781437708127.jpg

Last edited:

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super disappointed in everyone who voted bears. C'mon y'all. I bet you answer "neither" when someone gives you a "would you rather."

On topic, bears are definitely dogs. They don't have the grace of the cat family. They're big derps, and I want to give them hugs and scritches.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the Humane Society couple weeks ago and there was a dog that look like a bear in a dog costume. I'm going with dogs.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Also to be clear here, if someone posts a pictures of dogs climbing trees then let it be known that those dogs are also cats.