• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are Bears Dogs or Cats ?

• Dogs

• Cats

• bears

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
Neither, but their personality is closer to dogs.

How do you figure?
They are largely solitary, sleep like half the year, grumpy to strangers, very hard to domesticate (if even trully possible) they like fishing and so on and on.....they are definetely closer genetically to dogs but personality is def closer to cats.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
They're in the suborder "Caniformia" along with dogs, foxes, badgers, and seals. Elongated snout, non-retractile claws.

Cats are part of a different suborder, "Feliformia."

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bears are their own species. But they are part of the caniform suborder of carnivores.

Regardless, the answer is still: No, a bear is distinct from dogs and cats.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
my understanding is that they are more closely related to canines than felines, so I guess to answer your question OP the answer is dog but the real answer is bear

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're an alcoholic drink as apparently every time I say "beer" my Canadian coworkers understand "bears"

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Bears are dogs. It's just science.

There was a third type of carnivorous mammal in the past, but it went extinct.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
They're in the suborder "Caniformia" along with dogs, foxes, badgers, and seals. Elongated snout, non-retractile claws.

Cats are part of a different suborder, "Feliformia."

This is the correct answer. Obviously bears are closer to bears in the poll options but if you had to put a gun to my head between dogs and cats it'd be dogs.

OP
OP

learning

Jan 4, 2019
anyone answering with taxonomy and/or phylogeny needs to answer with their heart not their mind

Mar 30, 2019
Excuse me sir. May I inquire as to what you are implying. I am just a lustrous wondrous beast with exquisite omnivorous tastes. I bear dare you to say that to my face not online.

Translator's Note: A bear dare is equivalent to 3 fundamental dog dares, or a triple dog dare for conversion factors.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bears can pay bugles and you just know dogs would if given the possibility.

But like someone said, they can climb trees.