• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are Bears Dogs or Cats ?

• Dogs

• Cats

• bears

Results are only viewable after voting.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
polar-bear-dogs-1.jpg

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Bears may be dogs, but hyenas are cats.

Or perhaps more to the point,
dogs may be bears, but cats are definitely hyenas.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Between these two choices, they're dogs:
en.wikipedia.org

Bear - Wikipedia

Bears are carnivoran mammals of the family Ursidae. They are classified as caniforms, or doglike carnivorans.

Weasels, foxes, skunks, otters, raccoons, and even seals are also caniforms. Cats, appropriately enough, are kind of their own thing.

EDIT: anyone answering with taxonomy or phylogeny should answer with their heart not their mind

You're not my real mom, you can't tell me what to do.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Most closely related to Seals, actually.

www.quora.com

What animals are closely related to bears?

Answer (1 of 7): SEALS. That’s right, seals are the closest living relatives of bears. Bears belong to the Carnivoran suborder caniformia, which contains dogs, raccoons, mustelids (weasels, badgers, otters, and the like), skunks, and seals. Out of these, the ones bears share the most recent commo...

by that measure, the answer to OP's question specifically would then be dogs since they are also related to seals

B9781437708127000015_f001-001-9781437708127.jpg

Wait, hyenas are closer to cats than dogs?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I had to vote with my mind because my heart doesn't actually have strong opinions about bears?

Fun Fact: I once encountered a bear walking home through a suburban neighborhood after classes. The bear was frightened off by an SUV before it could become a more interesting story. Neither dogs nor cats are scared of SUVs, so I content bears are neither.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017

www.quora.com

Answer (1 of 7): SEALS. That’s right, seals are the closest living relatives of bears. Bears belong to the Carnivoran suborder caniformia, which contains dogs, raccoons, mustelids (weasels, badgers, otters, and the like), skunks, and seals. Out of these, the ones bears share the most recent commo...

by that measure, the answer to OP's question specifically would then be dogs since they are also related to seals

hyenas are closer to cats than to dogs?
the fuck?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Hyenas are fucking weirdos, and if you don't know much about them take my advice and keep it that way.

You're heading into echnida territory all over again.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I went and Googled "bears" and every result including the little info portion is for the Chicago Bears US football team. Jesus Christ Google.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
The real question is who would win in a fight:

A Grizzly Bear or a Silverback Gorilla?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Bears are bears, but this species (Sloth Bears) of bears are really just humans in bear suits.

giphy.gif

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bears (big 'B') are bears (little 'b'), but bears (little 'b') are dogs. this is just scientific fact

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of big and lumbering like a shaggy dog. But they use their paws a lot and like fish..

it's a ponderer..

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada

www.quora.com

It's kind of fucking with me that hyenas are on the cat branch. I've always thought of hyenas as dog-like, or maybe I'm just mentally conflating them with jackals and wild dogs since they all share the same general habitat, behavior, and diet.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Sometimes the common people are ahead of science and scientist's rigid ways of seeing the world, sometimes you find the true answers to nature's mysteries by using your seven senses, by tossing a coin or by beating the answers out of our Reptilian invaders.

What I'm saying is, bears are dogs.

Who'd win in a fight?

1 bear, or a hundred ducks?

It depends on where they fight and how they use the environment to their advantage. Still I have a hard time seeing how a hundred -anything- is not going to defeat one -anything-.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
For all you people who are wrong, explain to me the existence of the Binturong, or Asian Bearcat. QED.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on where they fight and how they use the environment to their advantage. Still I have a hard time seeing how a hundred -anything- is not going to defeat one -anything-.
Plain ass room. No environmental advantage anywhere. See, my theory is the ducks would just all scatter, letting the bear tear into them one by one.