• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are Bears Dogs or Cats ?

• Dogs

• Cats

• bears

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
UnnaturalGratefulAntelope-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
neither? lol

not every animal needs to be a cat or dog.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Is the bear from Mother Russia?
Nah, Canada.
It's kind of fucking with me that hyenas are on the cat branch. I've always thought of hyenas as dog-like, or maybe I'm just mentally conflating them with jackals and wild dogs since they all share the same general habitat, behavior, and diet.
I noticed that too and I was very confused. They seem very dog-like, and like you say reminiscent of wild dogs but thicker. Hmm I wonder, do they have retractable claws? Maybe not they are in their own family.
That's a neat fact.

spotted-hyena-crocuta-known-laughing-260nw-1041317920.jpg
big-cats-2062772_960_720.jpg

I suppose they have a pretty square jaw like the bigger cats though more for eating bones than suffocating prey. Though they are just related, not actually cats but their own thing, Hyenidae.
https://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/spotted-hyena

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Bear is bear.
To me, cats are agility, dogs are endurance and bears are strength. Bears are just not like cats or dogs.

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, Canada.

I noticed that too and I was very confused. They seem very dog-like, and like you say reminiscent of wild dogs but thicker. Hmm I wonder, do they have retractable claws? Maybe not they are in their own family.
That's a neat fact.

spotted-hyena-crocuta-known-laughing-260nw-1041317920.jpg
big-cats-2062772_960_720.jpg

I suppose they have a pretty square jaw like the bigger cats though more for eating bones than suffocating prey. Though they are just related, not actually cats but their own thing, Hyenidae.
https://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/spotted-hyena
Then I'm convinced the Grizzly and Silverback will become best buds and go on adventures together!

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Day 10 of quarantine: are bears cats
Day 20 of quarantine: what lunch meat sticks best on the ceiling
Day 30 of quarantine: as we sit and ponder the universe around us, do bacteria in our body do that about their universe -- our bodies. can a red blood cell imagine the lung much as we might ruminate on the nature of a black hole.
Day 40 of quarantine: i have been to the end of the internet and come to tell my story
Day 50 of quarantine: best way to distress the children in my neighborhood so they TP my house. im out of things to wipe with
Day 60 of quarantine: holy shit, bears are just big raccoons

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Are hippos elephants or rhinos?
They're pig-whales. Hippos are artiodactyls - or even-toed ungulates, meaning they bear weight on two of their five toes. Their closest relatives are pigs and cetaceans, aka whales, while giraffes, bovids, deer and antelope, goats and sheep, etc are a little more distant. Rhinos, meanwhile, are perissodactyls - or odd-toed ungulates, related to horses and tapirs. Elephants, meanwhile, are not ungulates at all but afrotheres, a unique clade of animals named so due to many of their species living or originating on the continent; their closest relatives are sea cows (manatees and dugongs), and are more distantly related to hyraxes, aardvarks, and the golden mole.

EDIT: Also surprised at how many people are just now learning that hyaenas are feliforms. That's one of the first "interesting" animal facts I learned growing up.