• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 4, 2017
220px-Zack_%26_Wiki_-_Quest_for_Barbaros%27_Treasure_Coverart.png
wnk.jpg

/jarosh

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
There was a strong hating and defamation campaign funded by Nintendo competitors, detractors, biased and unfriendly sites against Wii. The amount of bashing and hate it got was unprecedent in gaming history. It made many overlook it's library and focus it's attention on the shovelware. It's funny because other system from Sony and Microsoft had as much shovelware being released and never got such attention.

But yeah, Wii had a solid library, besides a clear focus from Nintendo and third-parties into simples, more casual stuff.

FxcDf99.png

xbgs5m3.png

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep, and this was a lighter one. 1UP, which had many notorious Nintendo detractors, such as Shane, for example, always found a drawback within a Wii and spent considerable amount of it's review speaking about it instead of it's pros.

This can explain why Wii had so much negativism and cynicism. It was frustrating.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The Wii was an amazing console. After the PS4 hands down my favourite system ever.
Something like Red Steel 2 for instance is totally unique in videogame history and will most likely never be seen again.

Thumbs up for Wii!!

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think Arc Rise Fantasia is an extremely underappreciated game on the Wii. The voice acting is utter trash, but I highly enjoyed everything else. One of the few JRPGs that don't handhold difficulty wise.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Anyone know the name of this 3d platformer game it's like a kid with a water jet a water game on Wii? Forgot the name completely it was a cool game

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Kororinpa is a shining example of Wii hidden gem.
It's a marble rolling game with good motion controls and cheerful atmosphere.

220px-Kororinpa_Wii_PAL.jpg

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
There were so many gems on the Wii, was a hell of a system despite its library being also full of crap. I always hate when people tell me the system had no games, it had a varied lineup of pretty incredible quality despite its reputation.

Art of Balance
Bit Trip series
Boom Blox series
Boy and His Blob
Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth
Contra Rebirth
Dead Space Extraction
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Endless Ocean series
Excitetruck
Excitebots
FAST Racing League
Final Fantasy games, several unique
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Fluidity
Geometry Wars
Ghostbusters
Gradius Rebirth

I'm sick of typing this list out but it goes on throughout the alphabet, that's already a pretty sizable list of games worth playing. It was a much much MUCH better system than people gave it credit for.

So, Art of Balance was originally a Wii game? Make sense. I brought it for my switch and it was so easy that it bothers me a little.

I believe that with the Wiimote the challenge was another level and make that game really shine.