• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Still in early access, but it seems this title has been gathering lots of positive words right now on social media (twitter, facebook, reddit). This is a game developed by Solfar Studio and there's an interview with them on Oculus blog. Its a procedural generated VR rouge-like action game.

Created exclusively for VR, In Death is a Roguelite Shooter set in the godless afterlife. Battle through procedurally generated levels and dungeons in intense ranged combat, coupled with a unique locomotion system perfectly attuned to your fighting style.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/605450/In_Death/

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
Wow, this looks amazing. Time to take the dust off my Oculus (literally, haven't used it in months since I've been pretty busy).

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Looks too scary for me.

Can we stop having most of the best experiences include horror?

TrashFuego

Nov 21, 2017
Truthfully its not scary, I certainly looks to be terrifying, but it all feels very "game" like rather than a horror experience. Didn't scare me senseless like the first time I played the second level of Raw Data.

Its an excellent game so far, and worth the price of admission.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, gonna have to give it a whirl. I'm getting tons of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic vibves.

So whats the "unique locomotion"?

TrashFuego

Nov 21, 2017
Its a teleport mechanic that involves shooting the arrow to your location. Instead of using the trigger to shoot an arrow, you press the trackpad (brings up teleport) arrow and then shoot it to where you wanna go. Or you can press the trackpad and just throw the arrow shard to move.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
its not really a horror game at all

At least, with VR I have an extremely low threshold for horror. I bought Edge of Nowhere and after the intro I had to turn it off.

I've also seen people rip the headset off their head because of the intro to Robo Recall.

Fuck VR jumpscares. If this game doesn't have any then I'll keep it on my radar but I'll definitely check a playthrough and not go in blind.