• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
1IDOmmu.png

slate.com

What’s Neil deGrasse Tyson Doing on Ben Shapiro’s Podcast?

On second thought, this makes a lot of sense.

Seriously, Ben sounds like the doberman from "Up"

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, so he's just doing the Louis CK route of playing the fuckwit circuit?

What's Louis been up to? I haven't heard anything about him in quite awhile has he been doing interviews?

This isn't a total shock, Shapiro is absolutely a whole other level of shit but Neil has been on Joe Rogan's show multiple times, it seems like he'll be on whoever will have him.

What would these two even talk about?

Seriously, Ben sounds like the doberman from "Up"

I used to have a coworker who really liked Shapiro. He was also all about the alpha bullshit propagated by Joe Rogan, Peterson, Molyneux, and that whole crowd. I don't understand how people with that mindset can get behind Shapiro, he sounds he's playing the nerd character in an 80s movie, it's ridiculous how much of a stereotypical spaz he sounds like. He also has zero composure when confronted on his views and behavior, as seen on his infamous BBC appearance.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Fresh off of him shitting on TMT protestors, dude has really gone full heel

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
What's Louis been up to? I haven't heard anything about him in quite awhile has he been doing interviews?

This isn't a total shock, Shapiro is absolutely a whole other level of shit but Neil has been on Joe Rogan's show multiple times, it seems like he'll be on whoever will have him.

What would these two even talk about?
He's basically fallen into "Fuck 'woke culture'" material to capitalize on the only audience he has left.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
He's basically fallen into "Fuck 'woke culture'" material to capitalize on the only audience he has left.

Oh wow, I had no idea. Makes sense though, for the longest time it seemed like the only attempt he made at cultivating an audience was making obnoxious Twitter posts about popular movies getting scientific concepts wrong.

Wasn't he mentored by Carl Sagan? What a disappointment.

Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of these men that were accused of sexual harassment seem to always bump elbows with the alt-right.

Fuck him. Even more reason to not care about NDT anymore.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Damn Neil...All that brain you wind up there....

Truly we need another episode of Cosmos to explain this.

Next Episode of Cosmos: The Sunken place

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Oh wow, I had no idea. Makes sense though, for the longest time it seemed like the only attempt he made at cultivating an audience was making obnoxious Twitter posts about popular movies getting scientific concepts wrong.

Wasn't he mentored by Carl Sagan? What a disappointment.
Oh I was talking about Louis CK, not NGT.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of these men that were accused of sexual harassment seem to always bump elbows with the alt-right.

Fuck him. Even more reason to not care about NDT anymore.
in an infinite universe, who are we to claim such hubris and assume that we are the literal center of all things and split things into left and right? on a cosmic scale, we are all but directionless atosm.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's also helping Daily Wire with spreading Pro-Gun Propaganda

He needs to fuck off forever.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
As far as celebs and public figures go, this slide of Neil's is one of my absolute most disappointing and devastating ones. I just never saw this coming prior to its start over the last couple of years. :/

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
you used to be cool neil. what happened to you?
at least we still have bill nye and michio kaku

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I see this fucker's face every time I drive to Los Angeles for work:

D6KWqJCW4AAYqJz.jpg

Keep drinking that kool-aid, Neil.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
He has stated he does not feel same-sex marriage should be taught to students in schools, saying, "In California, they've already passed laws that you have to teach same-sex marriage in public schools, for example... I went to public school for elementary school and junior high, I don't know why the government is teaching me anything about this stuff. This is for my parents to teach me. This is a values thing".

Eat fucking shit Ben, may our state continue to leave bozos like you in the dust.

Neil, this is your king?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Neil is a prime example of never falling into your own hype

He could never connect the humanity with the science the way Sagan could, that is why i found comparisons between the two a tad insulting

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I always interpreted Shapiro's shtick as some kind of an outrageous comedy persona. He acts differently depending on who he speaks to.
He threatened to arm up if we start teaching kids about LGBTQ people. He's a dangerous lunatic spreading hate and threatening his opponents with violence, not (just) some loser to laugh at.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A "scientist" has to be first a philosopher, a researcher. Not a follower of dogma, specially not those in the public sphere. Most of the brightests minds of the early past century knew this. A deep understanding of subjectivity helps to stay away from the temptation of dogma and conversativism (eugenics, bioligical essentialism) that the right wingers are so fond of.