• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Today, I was looking at rankings on Nintendo eShop for July 2019:

EB7ngCNX4AACrdR

(If someone has access to the japanese ranking, please post it there)

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is nowhere. Yes, it has been released late in the month, but it's the same for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which is second. In the same month, Bethesda released Doom (1993), Doom II and Doom 3 on Nintendo eShop. All of them had good sales, especially the first game. I think it's interesting to see three very old games selling more than a game released last month.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Doom is cheap as fuck though.

Also no one should be buying Youngblood on the Switch considering how wack the port is. I like that it's on the system but you're better off playing it on PS4 or PC or something.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
even if it's because it's only $5, that's still remarkable. Doom is coming up on thirty years old and it still holds up.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
What, I didn't know the new Wolfenstein released, did this have any marketing at all?
Also yeah, not the same price.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
As already posted, there's not a comparison to make. 911 Operator probably sold more than Mario Maker 2 because it was reduced to a quid.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I'd wager 95% of the people who are interested in Youngblood arent buying it on Switch. New Colossus on Switch was a fun experiment but the series just doesn't belong there.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Are you really comparing a 5 dollar purchase and an anticipated exclusive to a 3rd party game most people agree preforms weakest on switch

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
actually you know what, i cant wait for the followup thread doom 1993 outsells doom eternal on switch - Is DOOM Doomed???????

OP
OP
Alandring

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be curious to see how these respectively charted on other platforms to be honest.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 bucks

What's up with Smash Ultimate being #1 overtaking very recent big first party releases in US while not being in the Top10 in Europe at all?
Is America just that Smash crazy compared to everyone else?

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is at $70, Fire Emblem: Three Houses at $60.

Of course, the price of Doom games help them to sell well. But the price of Wolfenstein: Youngblood don't explain why it isn't in the top 30 in North America.

Yes, it only count unit sold.

Look at the list.

It's cheap games
Discounted games
And only the top selling full priced retail games.

It's not particularly surprising WS didn't make it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's 5 bucks

What's up with Smash Ultimate being #1 overtaking very recent big first party releases in US while not being in the Top10 in Europe at all?
Is America just that Smash crazy compared to everyone else?
Smash always been relatively bigger in Japan/US compared to EU - only recently it became more of a blockbuster release around here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Doom games and Wolfenstein: Youngblood weren't in PlayStation Store top 20 for July 2019:
EB7nr9HWwAYbGSI

It was 20th in Germany physical chart for July 2019 (all plateforms combined):
game_PC-Charts_Top20_Juli2019.jpg

So the most logical conclusion here (to me anyway) is that Wolfenstein Youngblood was just not a very desirable (or noticeable) game. To anyone.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see my boy Cuphead still hanging around. I wonder what the sales numbers are for Cuphead.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Youngblood bombed hard, and thats understandable because its an expansion of a game that didn't do very well either.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
While there's a bunch of reasons why Youngblood should be selling poorly on the Switch, lets be honest, that game is bombing/will bomb on its other platforms too.

I like the game, but, as a Machinegames/Arkane fan, it is definitely not what I thought it would be. And I know I'm not the only one.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looked like dirt on the Switch no wonder, I took one look at a video of Youngblood on Switch and ran away.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
This thread is a good a place as any to ask.

Should I play the original Doom or Brutal Doom?

I've only played the 2016 game.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
I think Spain is the only numbers we have so far

First week sales:

Wolfenstein Youngblood
PS4:
Switch: 450
XBOX One: 350
PC: 200