• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Switch_5F00_SuperMarioOdyssey_5F00_char_5F00_enemy_5F00_09_5F00_png_5F00_jpgcopy.jpg

running running running to 15 mil (and beyond?)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What the ever living heck...

It's entirely deserved but my god.

9 million for an exclusive in 3 months!?

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Crazy, I keep forgetting this game is only a few months old... Game are releasing at breakneck pace

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Holy balls. I'd not have guessed that even if I were being super liberal. We're officially in Nintendo renaissance times.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
There had to be legit 50 copies of the game in the Gamestop that I went to a few weeks ago.

Here I am foolishly thinking they overshipped.

Holy fucking shit is 9 million copies insane though

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2 months aaaaaahhh that's what I get for not reading thread titles properly lol.

Even more insane obviously.

Hayvic

Oct 27, 2017
I will soon be contributing to a second copy as my Switch got stolen together with Odyssey and MK8. Also fuck Nintendo for being so behind the curve and not providing cloud saves in 2018!

OP
OP

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Mario Kart 8 Deluxe only needs to sell a little over a million more units to overtake MK8 vanilla.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After a long journey of self introspection, the king returns to his throne.

Well done, my lord.

Oct 26, 2017
God damn! To think not even the Galaxy games could sell like this on a juggernaut like the Wii. I love Odyssey and I know it was doing well but I wasn't expecting sales like this. Nice to see Nintendo doing well again

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That number is like double what I would have thought. That's crazy.

And jmon is never gonna happen, man.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I did not expect over 9 million lol. That's massive but well deserdes as it's my GOTY.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is insane. I never expected Odyssey to sell that much in just these months. I thought it would reach like 5 million, not 9 million.

Congratulations to Nintendo EPD and Nintendo for this result for this amazing game. :O

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't finished the game yet(just got to Bowser's Kingdom), but holy hell is the game incredible so far. Just a joy to play. Glad to see it's doing so well.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Simply sensational, well deserved numbers. If you're not on the Switch, you're missing out on very hungry users.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MK8 selling 16 million copies across all platforms is the real story here.

I'm happy but a 3D Mario just got a 60%~ attach rate in 2 months

the idea and possibility of Pokemon on this thing is literally making me realize every sales record Nintendo ever had might get demolished

That number is like double what I would have thought. That's crazy.

And jmon is never gonna happen, man.

even if I am the only person on the planet jmoning I'm still gonna jmon

and yes, I honestly expected 4-5 million in the two months. 9 million fucking units, FUCK.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly well deserved. The game not only exceeded my high expectations, it even beat out Galaxy as my favorite game of all time. I loved it that much.