• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think Halo Infinite will be Microsoft's Breath of the Wild?

• Yes.

Votes: 255 15.8%
  • No.

Votes: 1,354 84.2%

• Total voters

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
MS Game Studios has inspired zero confidence in me the last four or five years.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
I'd like to meet in person the 57 souls who think this is even remotely possible, lol.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Going by their previous track record it has more chance to be just another Halo that'll be forgotten, nothing in your comparison is even about the quality of the game.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Honestly, the odds are already against it for me because they are yet again focusing on the Cortana/Chief relationship that should have gotten wrapped with Halo 3

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
We know nothing about the game other than it's a spiritual reboot in both story and gameplay and that it has a more classic art style. The open world stuff is just speculation from the first trailer.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
343 is nowhere near Nintendo's level. The game will be like an 8.0/10 at best.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Anything's possible.

Breath of the Wild was a massive improvement over Nintendo's previous 3D Zelda game (Skyward Sword).

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've heard several times now that development has been a bit rough :-/

Hopefully it all comes together, I love Halo and I like the direction the game seems to be going in.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The first person part was technically 0.5 seconds of the look up look down controller configuration section of the game, but yeah calling that trailer gameplay is a stretch. Everyone knows when someone says they want to see gameplay they mean shooting.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how rather lacking 343's output has been, I'd be very surprised if they actually make a legitimately all-around great Halo game. I guarantee they'll figure out some way to fuck it up.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
343 is not a studio I trust at all to make something even remotely that incredible (BoTW is one of the best games ever made), let alone to make a satisfactory Halo game.

I'm approaching this release hoping for the best but also know to have trepidations about it. Plus theyve shown off nothing but CGI trailers in back to back E3's, we know next to nothing about what this game even is.

Oh also if those rumors about this going with RPG mechanics and a destiny like game, Halo will be dead to me.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I won't make comparisons to BOTW. But I do know it needs to be good. Really good. There is just no buzz around the Halo franchise anymore.
Halo is non existant to the younger demographic, I am a PE teacher @ an elementary school and I have never EVER heard anyone talk about it. It's all about Fortnite, FNaF's and Apex Legends.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
We know literally nothing about the game.

Given that criteria you could say the same for practically any of their titles: Everwild, Fable, Hellblade 2 etc etc

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Halo is non existant to the younger demographic, I am a PE teacher @ an elementary school and I have never EVER heard anyone talk about it. It's all about Fortnite, FNaF's and Apex Legends.

can't fault them. it stars a protagonists wearing a helmet with zero personality. Halo fans said masterchief is a recognizable gaming icon but sorry, i need to call bullshit on that one. Masterchief's helmet & armor is the icon.
Take away Ironman's armor and there's still Tony Stark. Take away the spartan armor and what are we left?
Masterchief himself is barely a caricature of an idea. Doom 2016's Doomslayer got more personality than masterchief.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be good, so it won't be BotW.

Snark aside, it'll be an interesting departure but have a lot of issues. Huh. Maybe it will be then.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I'll eat my hat and jump for joy if it even breaks a 90 Meta. BotW is not and never will be a fair comparison - it's one of the greatest games of all time, and imo is something that even industry giants like Naughty Dog, CDPR, and Rockstar couldn't match (let alone 343i).

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol let's wait until we know literally anything about the gameplay before making claims like this.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo EAD has the track record of making some of the best games of all time. 343i....ehhh not so much.

Soooo I'm gonna lean on saying no to this question. Hopefully, Halo turns out excellent though.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know enough about it yet and it really depends on if they're planning on pushing it way outside it's comfort zone, or going way back to basics and trying to nail it on that end. This would be a better conversation had after E3 I think.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I get why people are all voting no, but OP I totally get what you're saying.

Hopefully this will really pan out. I feel like I'm just gonna burn myself, but I really am hopeful. And it being on gamepass means it'll be really easy to try out for me since I'm good clear till like March 2021.

I'm just...worried because 343. Whereas BoTW isn't being made by a different developer that hasn't shipped any of the more universally loved entries in the series.

I have a good feeling Halo Infinite will be more akin to Sony's God of War

Oh, I can kinda see that too. Obviously it can't not be a first person shooter, but that doesn't mean that it can't have a complete change of focus in how it is designed.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild wasn't a very good game so let's hope not. Always hope for the best. We've seen nothing from the game though, so this thread/opinion is based on nothing.

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
If it does manage to match BoTW in any way, it will be interesting to see how it influences video games on a wider scale. Frankly it's hard to imagine how it could do that though.

Dec 31, 2017
I have faith in 343i. First trailer had Halo CE vibes to be quite honest, so it makes me hopeful for the single player part of the game. 343i has also shown that they know what they are doing on the multiplayer side, so if H5 is any indication, this'll have a great multiplayer mode.

Don't know about the BOTW thing (not a fan of the game myself, last Zelda game I really enjoyed was Wind Waker), but I am definitely expecting above 90 MC score.