1. Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey
    Member OP

So in one month we will start to pay for online. As i understand that an online servoce on console can t be free, i m a little afraid of nintendo marketing about this.
    No change in september when i thought Smash would be the title to launch this...

Am i the only one worried ? Or maybe a surprise at Gamescom will come (new dlc roads on MK8 ?)

2. Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Personally I just want to know if F2P games will fall under that or not.

3. Stygr

Stygr

Better be good then.

I wont subscribe, unless Nintendo provides a 14-days trial or something to try the new Online system.

4. fourfourfun

fourfourfun

I play MK & Splatoon online a lot. I will pay to continue doing so plus grab the classic titles. Looking forward to the catalogue growing over time.

5. Cudpug

Cudpug

Not worried and quite happy to pay the fee. It works out as a couple of quid a month. I pay so many bills already, another few pounds won't personally worry me.

I'm curious about what the benefits will be, though I'm pretty confident they won't be anything special. I'm expecting a barebones online experience that a lot of people rant about as a missed opportunity... But pay the fee anyway because they want to play Mario Kart, Splatoon and Smash.

6. TC13

TC13

Cool

7. pswii60

pswii60

It'll certainly be interesting how/if it affects player counts in the likes of Mario Kart and Splatoon 2.

Between those games alone, and then Smash soon, they will see some healthy subscriber numbers.

Do you need to subscribe to play F2P games online like Fortnite?

8. Xx 720

Xx 720

I'm excited to see the free games with added multiplayer. Hope they have a party system as well for group chat.

9. Saint-14

Saint-14

Did I miss it or they still haven’t explained how the online system works?

10. Kafkaswaffle

Kafkaswaffle

And so my last option to play online vanishes.
    A pity, but I won't pay for shitty p2p connections.

11. danmaku

danmaku

I'm curious to see what will happen. I think it's the first time that an online service goes from free to paid on the same console.

12. BBQ_of_DOOM

BBQ_of_DOOM

I've got no worries because I won't be subscribing. Nintendo will have to earn my monthly $, and that means showing me how it holds up, what they offer, etc.

13. Elven_Star

Elven_Star

If it means a jump in quality, so be it. Personally, I don't play online and am not interested in classic games so, it won't affect me in any way.

14. unfashionable

unfashionable

Will cloud saves work on all games, like Zelda for example since thats a single player only game?

15. FrostyLemon

FrostyLemon
    Banned Member

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of angry people in a month. Angry people who didn't realise the online was coming, and angry people who knew it was coming and found out it was shit.

16. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Cool. I’ll pay for it and move on.

17. Nathan.exe

Nathan.exe

I can't miss Smash Bros.

18. Bazry

Bazry

I'll pay for it anyway, but interested to see if Fortnite remains F2P without it

19. Abicus

Abicus

So one month til some sort of means of playing Virtual Console type Nintendo legacy titles? Cool.

20. Seik

Seik

I play a lot online, so heh, at least it's not expensive.

21. mindsale

mindsale

I'm not worried, it's only $20 and maybe Smash online works this time.

22. Forkball

Forkball

How many months away are we from getting folders?

23. unicornKnight

unicornKnight

I don't play online but I'll look into the family model and if I can use it with friends regardless of where we live.

24. Silfer

Silfer

This is so weird because with how long this free period has been, it doesn't feel like a trial or whatever they used to phrase it but rather it just feels like something is being taken away.

25. Astandahl

Astandahl

And i'll stop playing online.

26. Cyanity

Cyanity

I don't see how Nintendo comes out of this looking good. They should have launched the console with paid online, or not at all.

27. RossC

RossC

I think this is really going to come as a surprise to a lot of people that don't follow gaming news closely.

28. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx

No worries. It'll probably be just as underwhelming as we expect and will soon just be considered another Switch tax. Nintendo was looking for alternate revenue sources without profit from another platform. Online is a part of their answer to that question among a number of other initiatives.

I guess I'm buying whenever I boot up Mario Kart again or Smash comes. Begrudgingly of course.

Probably the same for me. Depends on when they deliver the Switch dock I backed.

29. Continuum

Continuum

Wonder if the new system is robust enough to warrant that. Either way, I don't play online on the Switch so this doesn't affect me.

30. Eldon

Eldon

Probably gonna subscripe for MHGU. Can't wait for that after the good MHW but I enjoy the portable series style best.

31. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

In one month, Nintendo's revenue to rise greatly.

32. Rosur

Rosur

We do really need more info on there online system I hope it doesn't involve as smartphone app.

I hope there is a direct covers that and one for new games.

33. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Well they won't see my money for that, let me tell you

34. faint

faint

Isn't this what's been happening for the past year?...

35. rochellepaws

rochellepaws

No plans to pay since the only games I play online were Mario Tennis and Splatoon 2 and I feel I'm done with both for the moment and have zero interest in playing NES games so it won't really affect me.
    I'd be surprised if many see their online offering as good value.

36. Kudo

Kudo

Nintendo doesn't really have a game I want to play online, so I'll be fine.

37. GokouD

GokouD

It's £2 a month...Even if it does nothing at all, who really cares?

38. Stygr

Stygr

What?
    Im talking about the new system, if they are going to charge money and keep the current system, no money from me Nintendo.

39. jwk94

jwk94

Yes, cloud saves just means backing up your save data to Nintendo's online server. It's not really dependent on the game.

40. massoluk

massoluk

Yeah, I'm gonna be so heartbroken parting with less than $2 a month and getting cloud save on top

41. unicornKnight

unicornKnight

I forgot about the cloud saving. Guess I am subscribing sooner than later.

42. Rickenslacker

Rickenslacker

I'm worried about how much this might affect Splatoon 2.

43. Koeta

Koeta

in 1 month I can FINALLY backup my Zelda and Xenoblade saves and feel safe.
    /panic

44. Bizu

Bizu

I'm really worried. The online service doesn't looks so good, at least in my region (latin america). And the problem isn't my connection. Pay for something that errors and high latency is a common issue doesn't attract me.

Besides, there's just a few info about the rewards, like the classic games (which ones could be so much better, with n64 games, GC, etc).

Surprise me too that people are talking that they ll pay with no doubt, and proud about it. actually, scares me.

45. Bartend3r

Bartend3r
    Banned Member

If only the classic games were SNES at least. Phew guess we have to pay to play online.

46. GokouD

GokouD

I think people misunderstand what's going to change. There'll be a few extras like the NES games but there's not going to magically be servers and party chat and all that stuff. The last year was the trial.

47. Cool. I won't pay for it and move on.

48. Spine Crawler

Spine Crawler

There must be a nintendo direct adressing the online service.
    Its not that expensive for me. However im not seeing the value at the moment

49. ckareset

ckareset

Honestly it still feels like they are gonna renege on this for some reason

50. marvelharvey

marvelharvey

Despite owning a Switch at launch and owning MK8, Arms, Splatoon and Mario Tennis, I've never played online.