• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

I had no idea cats could be like that. Usually it is dogs. I always assume cats are assholes and would probably push you off. This wasn't even a mistake either. The cat was clearly pushing against the kid. GG.

Still though:
Cats 1 - Dogs 6
edit:

Cats 0 - Dogs 7

edit:

Sad fate for the baby. I hope it's okay.

Nevermind. TURNS OUT CATS ARE STILL CONFIRMED ASSHOLES. FUCK.

More cats protecting their small human children.

UPDATE 3:

I was watching this video and I was very moved by how these cats seemed to be very.... caring for the babies. For that reason alone, I will return that point I previously took away. Thanks.

Cats 1 - Dogs 6

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Seems to go for the nape as it would a kitten but realises it's not working and then goes for the body-block. What a champ.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Thats cool and all but wtf is with that apartment/situation in general? it looks abandoned and covered in filth

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The cat and the stairs:
KGpefeE.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was gonna be a cat just happening into heroism somehow, but gosh that cat really does just rush to save the baby.

Hero cat!

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
What my cat would have done

mufasascar-e1503220724691.jpg

This cracked me up pretty hard lmfao.

It was crazy to see the cat watch the whole situation and when the baby appearing to just be going full steam towards the steps the cat clearly shot for it and did all they could to stop the baby. Afterward, they observed to make sure the baby wasn't trying to proceed anymore. That's pretty awesome. I saw the pictures of those steps too... That baby would have been in serious trouble and was a lot closer to the steps than I could have known.

The whole housing setup looks kinda wild too like the crib is tilted? and there's all kinds of stuff all over. I'm just wondering who was supposed to be watching this baby.

Jun 2, 2019

I had no idea cats could be like that. Usually it is dogs. I always assume cats are assholes and would probably push you off. This wasn't even a mistake either. The cat was clearly pushing against the kid. GG.

Still though:
Cats 1 - Dogs 6

My cats have saved our lifes more times than I can count. Last time was when my mother had an internal bleeding and our two cats woke up everyone and took us to her.

Only asshole owners have asshole cats

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the cat was just playing. Looks like it was just a coincidence. At the beginning the cat and the baby are playing then the baby crawls away. The cat wants to continue and pounces. I doubt it did anything to prevent anything, it just wanted to be amused for a bit longer. Fucking cats.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There was this one cat that my dad's cat had around the same time I was born. It and I were inseparable, it used to be around me all the time and I would play with it a lot. There was a story my dad told me of this one time I was about to fall it actually came to grab and hold me a bit like in this video I presume (as I don't remember it).

I recall hearing that mammals are kinda' programmed to find other mammal babies cute and to be protected, like how we as humans find puppies, kittens and other baby mammals cute, other mammals can also find other types of mammal babies cute, including human babies. I'm pretty certain from that video that the cat had the protective "must protect baby" instinct with that baby.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tortie Siameses are awesome, we have 4 siamese cats, one is a tortie and she is just such an awesome cat. But then again, they all are.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
why was the baby left unattended crawling around by a set of treacherous stairs with no baby gate but also under the care of someone so paranoid they were filming every moment?

nonetheless praise cats

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like the cat was just playing. Looks like it was just a coincidence. At the beginning the cat and the baby are playing then the baby crawls away. The cat wants to continue and pounces. I doubt it did anything to prevent anything, it just wanted to be amused for a bit longer. Fucking cats.

I've seen a few tweet responses similar to this.

Sometimes I don't know what yall be seeing... or maybe yall just like to look for something different in things.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
My coworker's cat woke her up because her house was on fire and saved both of their lives. Pessimist would say it was just saving itself but I'm sure if the cat wanted it would have left her there if it was strictly self preservation.

OP
OP
Vex

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is a joke -_-

I can't tell.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
why was the baby left unattended crawling around by a set of treacherous stairs with no baby gate but also under the care of someone so paranoid they were filming every moment?

nonetheless praise cats

The baby was in the crib, but escaped from it.

"Diana Lorena Álvarez, 27, wanted to know how her one-year-old Samuel León had got out of his crib when she'd left him sleeping on October 31. But the mother, from Bogotá, Colombia, was not prepared for the scene that would play out on security camera footage, showing her cat heroically rescuing her son."

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
It was probably a time traveling cat sent back to guard a baby that grows up to be future-Hitler.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
The baby was in the crib, but escaped from it.

"Diana Lorena Álvarez, 27, wanted to know how her one-year-old Samuel León had got out of his crib when she'd left him sleeping on October 31. But the mother, from Bogotá, Colombia, was not prepared for the scene that would play out on security camera footage, showing her cat heroically rescuing her son."

yeah, just read that. does mitigate some of my confusion. seems like an honest near-miss

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know cats and this isn't saving. Its playing with the baby. The baby turned its back which made it pounce. This isn't like that cat saving kid from dog situation.

mrprime

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't like cats, never have. But that's a damn fine cat worthy of respect and admiration.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
That is an amazing video.

And OP, your assumptions about about cats are as common among dog lovers as they are incorrect. They're not assholes, they are amazing pets if treated properly. Just like dogs.

edit: lol at people trying to paint the cat as evil ITT

Last edited: