• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017

The full video is at the article link below, but most of it is in the tweet above (it's not on YouTube)
Two young Insys Therapeutics salesmen wearing sunglasses and hoodies danced next to a giant spray bottle depicting the drug firm's opioid product, in a thumping rap video made to prod sales representatives to get more doctors to prescribe the addictive painkiller.

The five-minute video debuted in 2015 at an Insys national sales staff meeting, according to federal prosecutors. They played it Wednesday to a rapt US District Court jury in Boston in the racketeering conspiracy trial of John N. Kapoor, founder of Arizona-based Insys, and four former high-ranking company executives.

The five defendants allegedly funneled millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks to key practitioners to get them to prescribe the fentanyl product Subsys. The drug went on the market in 2012, supposedly to treat cancer-related pain, and was competing against at least four other fentanyl products.

About three minutes into the video, a purple and white Subsys bottle with a label marked 1,600 micrograms — the maximum dosage for the under-the-tongue spray — appears in a playground where the salesmen are rapping. The bottle then joins the duo, who go by the names Z Real and A Bean.

The refrain in the song — inspired by the rapper A$AP Rocky — is, "I love titration, yeah that's not a problem. I got new patients, and I got a lot of 'em." Titration refers to adjusting the dosage of a drug.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...eir-prowess/YsPTTbiDYDq1ZIpEtobmXL/story.html

There really is no rock bottom for the pharmaceutical industry.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
People like these led to a friend of mine dying. But at least they got another few millions, right?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe that they're allowed to have access to information on exactly what specific doctors are prescribing.
Just by getting rid of that you'd cut drug company sales departments off at the knees.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of burying the lead talking about a rap video. The story is about a criminal enterprise that also manufactured drugs