• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There is no feminist that will complain that Male Abuse is non existent
there are. or at least those the claim so while claiming to be feminist, and those there are the issues, specially when they manage to get vocal enough
#deathtothepenis
#maletears

etc etc etc

I think dorkly has a comic that insinuates that real equality could only be possible after women "take revenge" on men and do to em what men did to women for the past thousand years

Dec 18, 2017
You're actively ignoring a study from a reputable source because it doesn't match your beliefs. Reflect.
I am definitely not ignoring anything.

The study does not prove that men and women are behaviorally different on a neurological level. And that's the only claim I'm opposing.

Why are you defending male supremacist influence on science?

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
there are. or at least those the claim so while claiming to be feminist, and those there are the issues, specially when they manage to get vocal enough
#deathtothepenis
#maletears

etc etc etc

I think dorkly has a comic that insinuates that real equality could only be possible after women "take revenge" on men and do to em what men did to women for the past thousand years

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
#deathtothepenis
#maletears

etc etc etc

They aren't talking about abuse in those cases, they are talking about non existent issues being brought up to counter their arguments.

For instance #maletears can be about people like Bill O'Reilly suddenly being so "compassionate" about poor white men when it suits his agenda. Like about their "financial situation" when talking about why men make more then women.

Or about "male abuse" when normally they'd call the same victims "wusses". Or about gay rights, when normally they don't care one fucking bit about gay men and women. The list goes on and on in this regard. It's the fake tears from some pundits that suddenly take up a cause, without really doing anything about it. Only to take it up to use as a club to hit you with in an attack to destroy your credibility.

Yet at the same time, he doesn't care ONE FUCKING BIT if the same men make far less than a living wage or about men slaving away as immigrants on some plantation. (And yes it is slaving away, with the wages they make and the hours they work).

#deathtothepenis is more poking some fun and see which man is insecure enough to bite.If you are secure as a person it wouldn't even affect you. Of course there are those like Valerie Solanas, but those are just crazy people you'll find in any group.

But I don't think you're here to argue in good nature and standing, seems a bit like your poking to see whom you can troll :P. As you know perfectly well that most feminists don't do this, if you don't you wouldn't know so many of the hashtags ;).

TheHyde

Oct 29, 2017
Lived in SK for a while (project work), without any meaning to offend any South Koreans here - I was extremely surprised by how backwards the country is when it comes to many civil society related issues. Gender politics are almost nowhere to be seen (or like above, hostilely opposed), work place culture is like straight out of horror stories and basic rights-related things that have been taken as given in most Western countries are not even under discussion yet. Not to mention the level of corruption is enormous for a country of such stature as SK - like embarrassing levels.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
lol. Believe what you want but men and women ARE different. The question as to how much is based on culture versus biology is touched upon at the end of the article.
People are different. The difference between some men and women can be smaller than the difference between some men. As such it's just dumb to continue holding on to any kind of gender stereotypes.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
lol. Believe what you want but men and women ARE different. The question as to how much is based on culture versus biology is touched upon at the end of the article.
Awww.. cute...
My sister can probably out do you in physical labour :P. She works on a plantation, so often has to work with heavy machinery, load and unload heavy packages, toss up straw bales on top of cart, etc, etc. She also has to drive forklifts and big trucks.

So, unless you're a farmer or otherwise in heavy industry, she probably will run circles around you XD. Infact, it is something she often complains about when helping someone move, or when we both help some elderly person fix up their house (I do the carpentry and move some heavier objects) :"Gosh <name removed for privacy reasons>, I told you this guy just stands outside and does nothing it's aggravating! "Oh I need a smoke" and "Oh I need a coffee" blablablabla with the neighbours. Seriously put in some work and we'd be done already by now.. I swear if it wasn't for his Mother being a friend of ours, I'd have left by now to let him deal with it. "

You do NOT want to be caught being lazy when she's around XD. But yeah, keep telling yourself that your "Physically stronger and need to do harsher labour!", when you probably have a desk job XD. Believe me, you do NOT want the same harsh labour that these right wing radicals, that you seem listen to, want for you. It would mean a death sentence in some coal mine or working very long hours without safety protections in some kind of industry. Why do you think, they also attack safety inspectors and call people that report safety violations "Whiners and pussies" ;)? It's all part of the same schtick to take rights away from you.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
This isn't very surprising at all. A popular female idol recently mentioned that she was reading a popular feminist book and it turned a ton of her male fans against her with a number of them burning her photocards/breaking albums and shit. Usually that's only saved for when they actually date somebody!

And yes, that's it. She legit just mentioned she was reading a feminist book.

Idol culture is so fucking messed up.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am definitely not ignoring anything.

The study does not prove that men and women are behaviorally different on a neurological level. And that's the only claim I'm opposing.

Why are you defending male supremacist influence on science?

I swear I've seen this exact phrase before, except with "liberal influence on science." I choose to respond to what I see before me; not dismiss it because it feels better for me.

Oct 25, 2017
People are different. The difference between some men and women can be smaller than the difference between some men. As such it's just dumb to continue holding on to any kind of gender stereotypes.

Sorry for disturbing and not to discredit any woman and all finest respects to them but I am talking numbers , Of course Not saying that any man in earth whatever his physical condition is physically better than any woman in earth whatever her physical condition as this is nonsense , but saying there is no physical difference between men and women and saying it is just difference between humans contradict with the following

Weightlifting+World+Records+(men+and+women).JPG

PerformanceRatio.jpg

main-table.png

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
What studies about difference between man and women has anything to do with this thread?

This shit would not be justified even if god herself came down from heaven and said women are inferior

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love idols (male and female) but I will NEVER understand the obsessive culture that surrounds it where people think they literally own another human being. It's beyond disgusting.

Yup. I'm a K-pop fan myself and I feel bad for these girls who have to deal with these obsessive weirdos.
Side Note: Its really stupid that so many men instantly associate feminism with being "anti-man"

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Whats the 4chan korean website equivalent?? My korean is rusty but curious to read and also, yea gamergate won't go anywhere anytime soon. I'd like to think that Asian and Latin American countries have strong cultures where feminism isn't accepted. Will that change anytime soon, who knows, but is a problem

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the 4chan korean website equivalent?? My korean is rusty but curious to read and also, yea gamergate won't go anywhere anytime soon. I'd like to think that Asian and Latin American countries have strong cultures where feminism isn't accepted. Will that change anytime soon, who knows, but is a problem

Ilbe.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for disturbing and not to discredit any woman and all finest respects to them but I am talking numbers , Of course Not saying that any man in earth whatever his physical condition is physically better than any woman in earth whatever her physical condition as this is nonsense , but saying there is no physical difference between men and women and saying it is just difference between humans contradict with the following

PerformanceRatio.jpg

main-table.png
We weren't talking about peak physical performance. Even then, 99,99% of men probably couldn't reach those women's sports/olympics/whatever records.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

PerformanceRatio.jpg

main-table.png
Shall we also take into consideration the amount of resources invested into male athletes, sports and events compared to female athletes, sports and sporting events? I mean, if we give all the same benefits, you'll notice those numbers getting closer and closer, of course it depends on the sporting event; as there are some biological differences of course, nobody is denying that, but not as extreme as people like you wish it to be. Heck I'd wager that things like Marathons and other running events might get extremely close even (as males are more powerful in upper body strength, lower body strength things are very close.). But one only has to look to Football (European not American) to see just how many more resources are being pumped into male sports over female sports.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't very surprising at all. A popular female idol recently mentioned that she was reading a popular feminist book and it turned a ton of her male fans against her with a number of them burning her photocards/breaking albums and shit. Usually that's only saved for when they actually date somebody!

And yes, that's it. She legit just mentioned she was reading a feminist book.

I will never understand idol culture.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Well feminism IS a hate group so...

I really hope this was just a troll post. It concerns me that this kind of vitriol is something that some people actually believe.

Not wanting discrimination based on gender is never an act of hate. There are definitely some shitty people that say shitty things and justify it as an act of feminism, but that is only because shitty people exist in every group. Also, sometimes people become politically active very young before they really have a strong grasp of what they are talking about (primarily acting on frustration and lashing out).

So, the problem is that you aren't considering societal/cultural impacts. You are assuming that the data you have provided is indicative of the raw capability of women and men. While I am not willing to say that there are no physical differences between females and males, in fact I think that would be a pretty silly assertion, the data we have is at least partially tainted by cultural factors. Over time, as women's leagues have been taken more serious, the jumps in quality of the female athletes have been enormous. That is in a society that pushes men into competitive sports, and which doesn't actively encourage women to compete at all (or at least very rarely encourages women to compete in most traditional sports).

The problems aren't wholly biological, they are at least partially social. The top female athletes are pulled from a far, far, far smaller pool of talent. More than that, the pool they are pulled from isn't encouraged to be nearly as competitive. The odds that a superstar talent ever bothers to even play a sport in the first place, and be discovered, is far smaller with women than it is men. Then, if the stars align, and you do locate a special talent, they compete with players that are a notable step down from them. So they don't improve, they rarely face a wall because they are the wall.

I know that talking about societal impacts is generally something that gets people angry, and I also know that they are frustrating as it is hard to measure their impact, but I think it would be a little silly to pretend that they don't exist at all.

We will see how this goes... last time I talked about this kind of thing I was told to "fuck off" and called a "soy boy" (though I was in the youtube comments section, so I guess I had that coming). >_>

Last edited:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Dev: "I believe people should treat each other with human dignity, love and respect."

South Korea GG:

tenor.gif

Troubling times when people are persecuted for advocating kindness.

Oct 27, 2017
Why is having a dick such a hard and fast requirement by losers like this? It's not like they ever get to actually use them.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did this thread about female victims turn into a thread bashing feminists and focusing on bogus gender role science?

You know why....some people cannot live in a world were they might be associated with the bullies. If something happened to something else, it has to be someone else's fault, not them. Then they go blame the victim and come up with every way to justify it.

Dec 18, 2017
I swear I've seen this exact phrase before, except with "liberal influence on science." I choose to respond to what I see before me; not dismiss it because it feels better for me.
The difference being that there is a well documented history of arguing for white male supremacy in science.

There are reasons for being skeptical of "politically incorrect biotruths" than just social justice/feminism/anti-racism.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Scientific results just happen to be compatible with many liberal ideas more than they are with the bigotry, selfishness and greed of the right. Reality has a liberal bias and all that. Generally equality and good treatment of people leads for a better, happier society for all.

Last edited:

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
That's not what he said. He said there are fewer differences between some individual men and women than there are between some individual men.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Variation among humans, regardless of sexual dimorphism and common gender-based discrepancies, exists to a degree that people who judge others universally by category are either being lazy or opportunistic.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what he said. He said there are fewer differences between some individual men and women than there are between some individual men.

He also said " gender stereotypes." , Which why I replied by Official documented world records that at least on this world records area , it isn't a stereotype , There is of course gender stereotypes in a whole lot of other areas , but not this one

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

That is how I see things too. However some of you people get way too defensive of defending opposing views. I do not think there is any wrong to point out differences between us as it is more a matter of how you apply this difference. An insignificant or significant difference that does not affect how you need to approach people based on sex/gender.

Sad to hear about this in regards to South Korea. I have read similar stories from there. Unfortunately I can only see this getting worse as it is a country left behind in terms of womens rights (like most countries in the world)

No offense to you personally...but the fact that you basically just generalized literally anyone flying under the feminist banner essentially makes your argument worthless from the outset. I mean do a basic google search and you'd find that your viewpoint is completely wrong.

There are some vocal radical feminist groups,, like this one here, but your doing the exact same thing right now, basically using them to demean all feminist groups under a single banner and dismiss feminism or its goals entirely.

I don't know what circles you run in, but the only people who think "feminism" means a single type of negative connotation can't tell a social democracy from a communist dictatorship, and thinks black people need to "calm down" when it comes to social advocacy.

Mastefully said.

It just shows lack of critical thinking of all context people have for "understanding" local circumstances is feminist cause a lot of harm that is why every feminist is the same! I am tired of this stupid way of thinking as it just is an excuse to hate and marginalize groups.

Last edited:

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
To be honest, that region especially Japan and Korea (don't know well about China), are very far behind the west when it comes to human rights/sexism (women are just tools for sexual relief and should never think that they can have an opinion about anything, if they speak up we hit them-thinking)/acceptance for other races/people with different ways of thinking/views on sexuality etc. It is very common in Japan that wives get beaten if they don't prepare food and alcohol for their husbands after they come home, like it was 100 years ago.

I would be surprised if Japanese/Korean people even know what a thing like feminism is, a huge chunk of the their populations probably don't know about its existence.

Its not often talked about but if you care about these kind of things, if you move to either Korea or Japan, you wwill go completely insane after a while. Trust me. I have lived in both countries in the past. They are more far away from us than you might think, and nothing will change even if you try to.

Last edited:

loafofbread

Oct 28, 2017
You'd expect these things to come out of Saudi Arabia, not a first-world country like South Korea...

I don't understand why people always have to say stuff like this when we talk about Asian social issues. This is literally pretty much identical to the kind of shit that went down during Gamergate in the US and the West and yet we're taking it to 11 for some reason. It never fails when anyone has a a discussion on Asian social issues, it'll be an issue that is present everywhere around the West but without fail you'll get a bunch of people eager to claim "Wow Asian countries are fucking backwards".

Like I'm not saying issues don't exist and I'm not even saying they aren't worse there. But theres this trend that whenever we discuss Asian social issues its always discussed from some high horse that sometimes might not always be there. Sometimes it is there, if we look at this case, I'd need to look into it but I don't really think it is. This same shit just happened in the West. Of course we need to discuss and criticize this, but we can do it without acting like we're above it where we're from. I live in Tokyo and share a house with 13 Japanese women, we talk about shit like this. Is it worse here than in the West? I mean, yeah, it is. But is it worse to the point where you should compare them with Saudi Arabia of all places? Not even close.

Last edited:

Chromanin

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
The problem isn't just "them", it's also places like this forum. When you organize yourself in a way that you completely reject countering opinions and start banning people that have dissonant views, you are destroying discussion and spiraling into a "us" vs "them" deadlock.

There needs to be room for all viewpoints to openly discuss things. If not, we're nothing but a bandwagon for people to jump on, invalidating any good opinion we (or they) might have.

There needs to be a completely neutral moral high ground where things can be properly discussed.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The problem isn't just "them", it's also places like this forum. When you organize yourself in a way that you completely reject countering opinions and start banning people that have dissonant views, you are destroying discussion and spiraling into a "us" vs "them" deadlock.

There needs to be room for all viewpoints to openly discuss things. If not, we're nothing but a bandwagon for people to jump on, invalidating any good opinion we (or they) might have.

There needs to be a completely neutral moral high ground where things can be properly discussed.

I pretty much doubt forum rules can make a whole industry on a country going full on sexist.

But still, it's not us, but them going "me vs us" because they reject women's opinion and view / see them like tools and not human beings, and there's no room to discuss that. Intolerance should not be tolerated.

Chromanin

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying bigotry and intolerance, history of similar behaviour.
I pretty much doubt forum rules can make a whole industry on a country going full on sexist.

But still, it's not us, but them going "me vs us" because they reject women's opinion and view / see them like tools and not human beings, and there's no room to discuss that. Intolerance should not be tolerated.
You're vilifying people you don't know and don't understand. You don't know that these people view/see women as tools and not as human beings. This mass of people is a lot more diverse than you give them credit for, and taking some extreme figures and statements out of the large blob just makes your own opinion more extreme.

And your statement is very hypocritical, you're being intolarent by what you personally think should not be tolerated. Isn't that exactly what they're doing too? What makes you different from them?