• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Let's celebrate this prog rock masterpiece. 50 years old but it hasn't aged a bit. Every time I hear it I'm amazed it came out in 1969.

This is one of the few albums I'd say is flawless from the first second to the last. I've been exploring the KC discography the last few weeks as it happens, and even though there are incredible albums in there, this is still their best one.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
21st Century Schizoid Man is a mindblowing song, even today. The rest is lovely, but not as exciting as what the band would end up doing in the following decade. Still one of their best and a classic, though.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i just discovered this album a couple years ago
it's 50 years old? it was way ahead of it's time good lord

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I love this album a lot.....

... thank you Jojo for introducing it to me. I know there are several us coming in to say this.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
KingCrimson.jpg

I love this album a lot.....

... thank you Jojo for introducing it to me. I know there are several us coming in to say this.

it's cool that jojo introduces people to good music. i was really hyped for the stand when reading the comic because i love the album so much (and the song "Epitaph").

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*Obligatory JoJo reference.*

Listening to this album it's amazing that this came out in '69. Holds up incredibly well.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Absolutely timeless. Though Discipline era still takes the cake for me. Such a fantastic and massively influential group, so glad they finally made it onto streaming.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Epitaph is basically the best song ever written.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
may you avoid the pitfall in front of you known as the future, and remain in your best condition.

chironex

Oct 27, 2017
Great album. "Discovered" it in my dad's record collection when I was a teenager. And just about every other album they made. As a musician they were really influential on me, more so the later stuff than this but I still love it and listen to it several times a year at least.

OP
OP
Creamium

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Other KC albums I love

Discipline
Larks' Tongues
Red
Lizard

I have more in my playlist but these are the ones I've come back to so far. Discipline is a pure new wave album and you should check it out if you like Remain in Light era Talking Heads.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
The title track is my favourite song from this album, and one of my favourite King Crimson songs in general. It's a great album!

You should give Red a shot one day. That's the other "key" Crimson album, Starless in particular is awesome.
i'd say Discipline is also another key album to listen too. it represents an important part of KC's growth. Not to mention its an awesome album. I'd say it'd be: In the Court to Lark Tongues to Red to Discipline to THRAK as points of KC growth.

Saw KC in 2017 on Halloween, greatest concert ever.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This album is a true musical titan. Epitaph is one of my favorite songs.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Proud to say I was listening to KC before JoJo got popularized in the west with the anime.
Also proud to say I skip Moonchild every time.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
Never listened to it but this thread got me to download for tomorrow. Looking forward to what promises to be something special. And I'm interested to see how much if any I already recognise.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I love Moonchild. But the whole album is good. I have the 200gram vinyl pressing, sounds fantastic.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
KingCrimson.jpg

it's cool that jojo introduces people to good music. i was really hyped for the stand when reading the comic because i love the album so much (and the song "Epitaph").

I'm not very familiar with Jojo, but I know it started quite some time ago - but was this character introduced before '89? I mention it because my first encounter with the name was in Midnight Resistance on the Speccy.

Presumably both borrowed the term, but which did so first?

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
I am still selling a mid-70s press of this album on vinyl, any takers?!?!

Amazing album :)

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I unintentionally wore my crimson king tour shit yesterday. Found out like half way through the day it was the 50th anni and I was like, damn I nailed my clothing option today unintentionally.