• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

A bit OT, but Pokemon Sword and Shield are locked to the Galar Pokedex, you can't transfer any Pokemon that's not part of the regional Dex through any means. The excluded Pokemon are not even in the game's code. So even if a new game with them comes out, those Pokemon would never be compatible with these games. Also Megas and Z-Moves are gone. Only Dynamax is a thing now.

Masuda said that this is the approach all Pokémon games will have from now on. People are PISSED.

I'm reliving the Link Summoning announcement RN.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
A bit OT, but Pokemon Sword and Shield are locked to the Galar Pokedex, you can't transfer any Pokemon that's not part of the regional Dex through any means. The excluded Pokemon are not even in the game's code. So even if a new game with them comes out, those Pokemon would never be compatible with these games. Also Megas and Z-Moves are gone. Only Dynamax is a thing now.

Masuda said that this is the approach all Pokémon games will have from now on. People are PISSED.

Wow, that really is Master Rule 4. "just make new favourites"

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017

Fuck, I'm avoiding Sword/Shield news so I missed this. This is bad on a number of levels but I'm mostly sad that all the Pokémon I've built up over the years and generations will no longer be able to jump to the newest game. Instead they will be stuck in Pokémon Bank limbo until a Switch game that supports them finally comes out.

Oh shit this is totally off topic. Err... those Cipher cards I have absolutely no attachment to sure are something! But seriously, I never particurly enjoyed seeing Kaito in Arc-V. It's probably because I have no interest in the character (or Zexal as a whole) but he never stood out as having an engaging personality and as mentoned, had a particuarly bland deck which IIRC was one of THOSE decks that made the exact same play turn 1 every game (summon a bunch of Wings to turb out his XYZ) that had a laughably low chance of naturally occuring.

Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Generation 5: ARC-V
Users: Jack Atlas
Artwork:

What if we took every single complaint I had with "Red Dragon Archfiend" and fixed them? That's this card. Holy Crap THIS is the card I think about when I think of Jack Atlas.

As the King of the Synchro Dimension, Jack Atlas rules the duel arena with an iron fist. A legend among the inhabitants of that dimension, Jack was able to climb from a poor "Common" to the King of the "Tops" (Not that kind of Tops!). Jack Atlas crushes his competition and trash talks them like a pro. My man sent our protagonist Yuya through an existential crisis by telling him he's just a cheap rip-off of his father to the face. And without a Yusei or Carly in this universe to change him into a goofball, you can bet this version of Jack remains a lovable prick through the entire show. Arc-V Jack is best Jack. Fight me.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f65685178335a506f654f375735513d3d2d3430332e313537303332373466646666323435623232373132343535373339322e676966

Defeating Jack in the "Friendship Cup" is the only way for our heroes to escape the Synchro Dimension, as this was the condition Reiji was able to negotiate for the freedom of his Lancer Soldiers, Yuya, Gongenzaka, Shun, Selena, Dennis McField and the newest member of the Lancers Arc-V's version of Crow Hogan all enter the Tournament to try and earn a shot at defeating Jack and his ace card, a Level 8, DARK, Dragon Type Synchro Monster, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend!

Scarlight is such an improvement over Red Dragon Archfiend that is not even funny, instead of just a generic "Satan Dragon" in a "Come at me Bro!" Pose like I complained before, we get the a fully realized Satan Dragon with some really awesome orange markings all over it's body, longer horns a really badass looking armor and what's more important a pose that communicates that this Dragon is wounded. The way the Dragon is flying while holding it's broken arm high is perfect. It gives a sense of tragedy to this creature, a wounded beast that can still fuck you up. The fact that this card's wounds are a reference to the final shot of 5D's where Junk Warrior breaks OG Red Dragon's Archfiend arm with a it's "Scrap Fist" is just perfect.
300px-5Dx154_Junk_Warrior_VS_Red_Dragon_Archfiend.jpg

Scarlight is probably one of my favorite dragon designs in this game, and it even has a full background! Look at all that lava. Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend lives in a volcano, awesome. This card just looks awesome.
42d3f82bd37c8a8ba777a0e293735bbc381f5cecr1-400-224_hq.gif

Effect wise, another massive improvement. Instead of destroying all your monsters that didn't attack and destroying all defenses your opponent has. Scarlight simply nukes your opponent's field and destroys any monster that was special summoned, and then deals 500 points of damage for each...and you're still left with a 3000 ATK beast for a direct attack! Poor Yuya didn't even know what was happening. Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend has it's named changed to "Red Dragon Archfiend" while on the field, making all the previous 5D's support for RDA compatible with it. Truly a card beffiting a King.

But that's not all, 5D's Jack could upgrade his RDA into "Red Nova Dragon" and Arc-V Jack is not known to like falling behind, by synchronizing his Scarlight Red Dragon with TWO Tuners he can upgrade it into "Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend"

Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend can nuke the entire field except itself AND also negate the activation of a Spell/Trap during either player's battle phase. This is truly the unforgiving power of a tyrant.

While no further support for "Red Dragon Archfiend" has been released through the Link era, the fact that Jack's deck is mostly based around "Synchro Climbing", a strategy where you use your synchro as material to bring higher level synchros, means they don't really need more than 1 zone to play their monsters, so the Link Summon limitation in the form of the Extra Monster Form doesn't hurt it too much.

Red Dragon Archfiend is a deck that uses the power of 5D's Jack, Arc-V Jack and even Manga Jack, with bosses such as "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity" ready to wreck shit, unfortunately it's far from consistent enough to be competitive, but you should totally give it a spin and have some fun in "Legacy of the Duelist"

TRIVIA TIME!

Jack Atlas is also known for the "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES" meme inspired by Little Kuriboh´s Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series parody

Next Up!
Destiny.PS4_.Box_.Art_.jpg.optimal.jpg

Last edited:

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if my memory is playing trick on me but is Zexal the one ygo anime with highest budget? It sure look the prettiest out of them.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
One of the Red Dragon Archfiend Synchro monsters will even special Summon out other Dragon Synchro monsters from the grave, letting you bring back each step of the ladder into a main monster zone. It's fun to see how each generation's Blue Eyes equivalent does something slightly different with their 3000 Atk Beatstick.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Scarlight is so awesome. I've got a playmat with it and another one with Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon and I'll never get tired of them. Although I do need some new Link era playmats.

Some fun trivia: if you think English Yugioh names like Scarlight sound silly, you should try looking at the localized ones. I don't know why, maybe because English is a pretty flexible language, but words like Scarlight don't sound nearly as good in Spanish. Cicaluz. Yeah, that's not right. Sometimes they just miss puns entirely even when they are easy to translate (I can't remember any example now, unfortunately). I don't know, feels low effort. Also, early cards have horrendously absurd translations (Headuntress Hermosos,wtf?) that needed to be updated later. And let's just not talk about the games. Konami just stopped giving a fuck at some point. Later games seem to be translated with Google Translate, literally. It's funny, because they do import text from earlier games if they can, so if you go to do the tutorials you can find that most of the chapters are well translated, and the new mechanics suddenly drop the ball in quality, because that's the exact moment when they stopped giving a fuck.
Not sure if my memory is playing trick on me but is Zexal the one ygo anime with highest budget? It sure look the prettiest out of them.
I don't know, but it sure looks like it. It had great animation. I'm here on VRAINS crossing my fingers every preview to see if we get Noh Gil-Bo as animation director.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Scarlight is so awesome. I've got a playmat with it and another one with Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon and I'll never get tired of them. Although I do need some new Link era playmats.

Some fun trivia: if you think English Yugioh names like Scarlight sound silly, you should try looking at the localized ones. I don't know why, maybe because English is a pretty flexible language, but words like Scarlight don't sound nearly as good in Spanish. Cicaluz. Yeah, that's not right. Sometimes they just miss puns entirely even when they are easy to translate (I can't remember any example now, unfortunately). I don't know, feels low effort. Also, early cards have horrendously absurd translations (Headuntress Hermosos,wtf?) that needed to be updated later. And let's just not talk about the games. Konami just stopped giving a fuck at some point. Later games seem to be translated with Google Translate, literally. It's funny, because they do import text from earlier games if they can, so if you go to do the tutorials you can find that most of the chapters are well translated, and the new mechanics suddenly drop the ball in quality, because that's the exact moment when they stopped giving a fuck.

I don't know, but it sure looks like it. It had great animation. I'm here on VRAINS crossing my fingers every preview to see if we get Noh Gil-Bo as animation director.

I could write another entire thread on how awful the Spanish translations are.

"Morena Penetrante"
"Vaca de San Antonio Dorada"
"Tragarse el Volteo"
"Decodificador Hablador"

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Users: Jack Atlas
Artwork:

What if we took every single complaint I had with "Red Dragon Archfiend" and fixed them? That's this card. Holy Crap THIS is the card I think about when I think of Jack Atlas.

As the King of the Synchro Dimension, Jack Atlas rules the duel arena with an iron fist. A legend among the inhabitants of that dimension, Jack was able to climb from a poor "Common" to the King of the "Tops" (Not that kind of Tops!). Jack Atlas crushes his competition and trash talks them like a pro. My man sent our protagonist Yuya through an existential crisis by telling him he's just a cheap rip-off of his father to the face. And without a Yusei or Carly in this universe to change him into a goofball, you can bet this version of Jack remains a lovable prick through the entire show. Arc-V Jack is best Jack. Fight me.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f65685178335a506f654f375735513d3d2d3430332e313537303332373466646666323435623232373132343535373339322e676966

Defeating Jack in the "Friendship Cup" is the only way for our heroes to escape the Synchro Dimension, as this was the condition Reiji was able to negotiate for the freedom of his Lancer Soldiers, Yuya, Gongenzaka, Shun, Selena, Dennis McField and the newest member of the Lancers Arc-V's version of Crow Hogan all enter the Tournament to try and earn a shot at defeating Jack and his ace card, a Level 8, DARK, Dragon Type Synchro Monster, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend!

Scarlight is such an improvement over Red Dragon Archfiend that is not even funny, instead of just a generic "Satan Dragon" in a "Come at me Bro!" Pose like I complained before, we get the a fully realized Satan Dragon with some really awesome orange markings all over it's body, longer horns a really badass looking armor and what's more important a pose that communicates that this Dragon is wounded. The way the Dragon is flying while holding it's broken arm high is perfect. It gives a sense of tragedy to this creature, a wounded beast that can still fuck you up. The fact that this card's wounds are a reference to the final shot of 5D's where Junk Warrior breaks OG Red Dragon's Archfiend arm with a it's "Scrap Fist" is just perfect.
300px-5Dx154_Junk_Warrior_VS_Red_Dragon_Archfiend.jpg

Scarlight is probably one of my favorite dragon designs in this game, and it even has a full background! Look at all that lava. Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend lives in a volcano, awesome. This card just looks awesome.
42d3f82bd37c8a8ba777a0e293735bbc381f5cecr1-400-224_hq.gif

Effect wise, another massive improvement. Instead of destroying all your monsters that didn't attack and destroying all defenses your opponent has. Scarlight simply nukes your opponent's field and destroys any monster that was special summoned, and then deals 500 points of damage for each...and you're still left with a 3000 ATK beast for a direct attack! Poor Yuya didn't even know what was happening. Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend has it's named changed to "Red Dragon Archfiend" while on the field, making all the previous 5D's support for RDA compatible with it. Truly a card beffiting a King.

But that's not all, 5D's Jack could upgrade his RDA into "Red Nova Dragon" and Arc-V Jack is not known to like falling behind, by synchronizing his Scarlight Red Dragon with TWO Tuners he can upgrade it into "Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend"

Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend can nuke the entire field except itself AND also negate the activation of a Spell/Trap during either player's battle phase. This is truly the unforgiving power of a tyrant.

While no further support for "Red Dragon Archfiend" has been released through the Link era, the fact that Jack's deck is mostly based around "Synchro Climbing", a strategy where you use your synchro as material to bring higher level synchros, means they don't really need more than 1 zone to play their monsters, so the Link Summon limitation in the form of the Extra Monster Form doesn't hurt it too much.

Red Dragon Archfiend is a deck that uses the power of 5D's Jack, Arc-V Jack and even Manga Jack, with bosses such as "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity" ready to wreck shit, unfortunately it's far from consistent enough to be competitive, but you should totally give it a spin and have some fun in "Legacy of the Duelist"

TRIVIA TIME!

Jack Atlas is also known for the "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES" meme inspired by Little Kuriboh´s Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series parody

Next Up!
Destiny.PS4_.Box_.Art_.jpg.optimal.jpg

I wonder will Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend appear in Duel Links?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OOOOOO, how did I pull 3 boss monsters in 1 pack? I bought a random Arc V pack years ago that had Cyber Angel Vrash, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend, AND Frightfur Daredevil. That was the luckiest draw Id ever gotten and I didn't even know it.

Still wish the Frightfurs werent wasted on Sora, hate that character :/

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Ai is siding with Lightning. Did Ai forget Lightning is responsible for the destruction of the Cyberse world and reprogrammed the Wind Ignis? Yeah, Lightning only cared about himself.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
OOOOOO, how did I pull 3 boss monsters in 1 pack? I bought a random Arc V pack years ago that had Cyber Angel Vrash, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend, AND Frightfur Daredevil. That was the luckiest draw Id ever gotten and I didn't even know it.

Still wish the Frightfurs werent wasted on Sora, hate that character :/

That's the "Dimensional Guardians" set. It had the bosses of all major Arc-V characters

Has the all overshadowing ancient eagypt theme gone away completly? It feels like its all dragons nowadays

Short version: A voice actress royally fucked up and now the franchise avoids cults and ancient magic like the plague.

Destiny HERO - Dystopia
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Destiny HERO - Dystopia
Users: Aster Phoenix
Artwork:

In the Xyz Dimension, Aster Phoenix leads the occupation army tasked with keeping control of the ravaged city and transform any surviving, man, woman or children that dares use Xyz cards into a card. He is aided by the coward and loyalist Mamoru Noro and the extremely powerful duelists known as the Tyler Sisters, Gloria and Grace. Together, their reign of terror over the Xyz Dimension and it's survivors seems never ending.
tumblr_om484h3ysd1uax6y9o1_400.png

Aster hides a secret though, he somehow once met Yuya's father and the meeting changed his life, he started to believe in duels as an instrument for just fun and not wars, right before he could completely turn into a good person, Yusho, Yuya's father, disappeared leaving no trace, making Aster grow resentful and bitter towards him and his teachings. When Aster notices Yuya's "Performapal" cards, his resentment goes into overdrive, and he decides to personally take care of Yusho's son. He attacks Yuya with brand new Destiny HERO cards, among them is the Level 8, DARK, Warrior-Type Fusion Monster, Destiny HERO -Dystopia!

Dystopia is...bland. GX Destiny HERO cards such as Disc Commander or Diamond Dude had their little gimmick that translated to the design and the result was...okay? I'm not that much of a fan of Destiny HEROs to be honest. But Dystopia is so BORING compared to those, a Clone Trooper helmet with a giant "D" on it that simply looks ridiculous. The body is just a generic blue Power Ranger with some armor, and it's pose is generic too. Sick background though, I really like the portal effect and the lines surrounding the monster's body.

As a card Dystopia is a fusion of any 2 "Destiny HERO" cards designed to work with Aster's brand new set of Destiny HERO cards (Which all look cooler than him)

Dystopia has the ability to burn your opponent for the same amount as the ATK of 1 Destiny HERO in your graveyard, If Dystopia's attack points are different from their original value, he will be able to destroy a card and reset it's stats,that's ot...This is not good, this is not cool enough to be a villain's ace...what is going on here? Why does he sucks so bad?

Dystopia can be further fused into Dusktopia

And yes, he has a D for a face, you might even call it a "D-Face"...I'll show myself out
If Dusktopia is summoned, you get another fusion summon for free....that really helps in the era of the Extra Monster Zone! Because you'll need a Link to be set up to use this effect, it becomes inconsistent these days. It's other effect is...Make a monster on the field unable to be destroyed but no player takes damage from battles involving it....THAT IT? Good god.

Anyways, Destiny HERO received further Link Support Recently.
300px-XtraHEROCrossCrusader-DANE-EN-R-1E.png

And it's actually a really easy to summon, pretty nice searcher with 2 arrows pointing to your zones! not bad D-HEROs!

Too bad that despite the new monsters, and the new support, these fusions suck so much ass. Stick to the GX ones.

EDIT: Or use the newly released "Destiny HERO- Dominance" instead

Which allows you to control what your opponent will draw by changing the order of their next 5 card, it will let you draw cards every time you destroy a monster and will also allow you to special summon high level monster! Compared to the Dystopia cards, THIS is a card fitting of a fascist ruler extending his "Dominance" through a ravaged land. With an awesome design to boot!

The Expansion "Dark Neostorm" not only added the new link and fusion, but also spells and traps to make summoning them and their GX Bosses even easier.

Support for Destiny Heroes is alive and well, too bad Arc-V decided to give Aster such crappy fusions when he was supposed to be a threatening antagonist.Aster Phoenix deserved better.

TRIVIA TIME!

Aster got a Gen 5 Booster all to himself unlike Jack or Alexis!
de603617-7c99-4448-9d82-cbd764c12e0e_1.44e97489795c38428be7f6d81bf38f03.jpeg

I knew this review was kinda blah, but I'm still seething with rage over the Pokemon news.

I´ll do better next time, here's a hint!
latest

Last edited:

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
In the Xyz Dimension, Aster Phoenix leads the occupation army tasked with keeping control of the ravaged city and transform any surviving, man, woman or children that dares use Xyz cards into a card. He is aided by the coward and loyalist Mamoru Noro and the extremely powerful duelists known as the Tyler Sisters, Gloria and Grace. Together, their reign of terror over the Xyz Dimension and it's survivors seems never ending.
I completely forgot about this bloke, lol. ARC-V had way too many characters.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Ed Phoenix who's using D-Heroes, not Jack Atlas :P

Oct 25, 2017
Would be even more great if you had added the new Destiny HERO cards in Dark Neostorm, such as Destiny Fusion and Destiny HERO Domination

Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon
Users: Yuya Sakaki
Artwork:

latest

I showed this card before in my review of "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon", and at the time, I never expected that this thread would come to to a point where I could talk about cards like this or "Nirvana High Paladin", I just assumed that one quick look would make anyone feel intimidated and close the tab. I'm so happy you guys have stuck with me and now we can go to the crazier depths of this mess of a game. Thank you!

After the death of Yuto and his soul getting trapped inside Yuya, Yuya develops fits where his Zarc personality starts coming through, usually, they were triggered by him having strong emotions, in this episodes, he would summon "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" and annihilate his opponents without ever thinking about entertainment. Yuya, unaware of his real identity as Zarc, starts thinking he's channeling Yuto's own rage.

During the Fusion Invasion at the end of season 1, Yuya is finally broken. After seeing a lot of the friends he competed and interacted with getting mercilessly turned into cards by the soldiers of the obelisk force, Yuya snaps, he becomes completely possessed by this new dark entity and his pendulum creates a new set of Darker cards for him to use "Xiangke Magician" and "Xiansheng Magician"

Their spell effects allow for the unthinkable, give a level to a Xyz monster so that it can be used as material for another Xyz summon. Yuya uses these effects to Xyz Summon a new monster using "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" and his own "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon"

The unholy merger of Xyz and Pendulum is completed, and a Rank 7, Scale 4, DARK, Dragon-Type Xyz/Pendulum Monster is created. "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" and it's immense power quickly disposes of the Obelisk Force. After Yuya gets a hold of himself, he eventually manages to control the card, and it becomes a valuable asset in battles against the likes of Sora and Jack Atlas.

Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon looks ugly, deformed and just simply unpleasant to look at. Which is why it's such a great design. Stay with me! This card is presented as some sort of aberration of nature, something that shouldn't exist yet does. Doesn't it make sense for it to look like this biomechanical nightmare in front of you? The red stripes pulsing with energy makes me think this thing is so unstable it might explode at any moment and that's metal. The background is my problem here, it's just plain purple with some slight effect, and the monster takes so much of the frame that you can barely notice it.

As a card, Ho-lee shit is this thing strong, at 3000 ATK it can take down many monsters already, but let's take a look at it's monster effects. This card must be Xyz summoned with 2 Dragon Monsters, and once it hits the field, it will start behaving like every other pendulum (The whole monster/spell combo). If this card is summoned using an Xyz monster as its material through the effect of the Magicians above it will destroy all Level 7 or lower monsters your opponent controls, inflict 1000 LP damage for EACH and then it gets to attack 3 times. That's it. That's game right there! This effect is so great it's only balanced by how fucking hard it is to pull off the condition of summoning it with an Xyz monster as material. If Odd-Eyes Rebellion gets destroyed in any way, it will be moved to an empty pendulum zone (if any) and start acting as a Spell.

As a Spell, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon let's you put any other Pendulum deck in your other pendulum zone if it's empty, setting you up with the option to Pendulum Summon right there. Great effect to set up new plays if this ace gets destroyed.

This card also includes a clause stating that you can Pendulum Summon if it's face-up in your extra deck it despite it having no levels, fuck your rules, this is Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon.

During the final season of Arc-V, Yuya is able to "Complete" this card into a less deformed form, "Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon"

Which is pretty much the same card but with a better scale and it destroys ALL cards your opponent's control instead of level 7 or lower monsters. It also looks cooler.

Needles to say, this card has not aged well in the era of Link Monsters, but a dedicated "Odd-Eyes" Deck can bring it out easily. No support for this card or Raging Dragon has been released

The last card of Gen 5 Round 2 is done!

TRIVIA TIME!

This card is supposed to be a foreshadow of the eventual summon of "Supreme King Dragon Z-ARC" (who I already reviewed in Round 1), which means the merging of all the mechanics into a single card.

Next Up!

Let's play a small game, I will give you 2 hints for 2 Gen 6 cards, and whatever Hint gets the more votes, gets the next slot.

Hint #1:
latest

Hint #2
main-qimg-f726e58f3fd32ab8a592df49e1834c11.webp

+

kisspng-china-chinese-dragon-nine-dragon-wall-japanese-dra-5af1c8c5203140.8555036315257950131319-674x370.png

Last edited:

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Shiiit, I don't know a thing about Vrains or anything post Gen V but I just have to know what that Hint 2 card is. A fire bomber stealth bomber seems rad as fuck!
Also you left Aster Phoenix as the user for Dark Rebellion. First its Jack Atlas using Destiny Heroes and now this? lol.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Shiiit, I don't know a thing about Vrains or anything post Gen V but I just have to know what that Hint 2 card is. A fire bomber stealth bomber seems rad as fuck!
Also you left Aster Phoenix as the user for Dark Rebellion. First its Jack Atlas using Destiny Heroes and now this? lol.

I just realized I had 2 tabs open, I changed it in one of them but not in the one I clicked "Post Reply"

I am forever ashamed

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I absolutely hated Yuya. He made an ok series be the worst. Yuma is fine and Zexal gets more crap than it deserves.

I´ll go on record saying Yuya is my favorite protagonist.

He's flawed, and human. He has fits of immaturity and insecurity, like any teen. He's great.

Yuma is not as bad as people say, but he takes the above characteristics way too far. The amount of "Let's cheer Yuma up so he goes back to be a catchphrase machine gun" are way more than Yuya's and also much more annoying. He´s not near as bad as people say he is, but he's definitely not great. He gets outshined by Kaito and Shark constantly.

Having said that. This asshole RIGHT HERE, is the one we should be hating on:

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Hint 1 could be refering to anything in VRAINS really, but I'm gonna say it is Darkfluid Firewall Dragon.
Hint 2 might be refering to Blood Shepherd drones?

I like Yuya a lot. My problem with it him is that by the time we got to Synchro it started to feel like his progress was resetting all the time. "Is my duel entertaining enough?" At some point I felt we weren't really getting anywhere. He was also screwed in the final boss battle, for obvious reasons.

Huh, are you gonna do Smile World, by the way? Or any of the En cards?

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I admit that I didn't play Yu-gi-oh for a while (still haven't gotten Link Evolution yet), so I'm surprised that the Destiny HERO Arc-V fusions in the anime are considered subpar. I have always thought that Dystopia has a nice effect so I thought it should be good.

It's funny to think that in GX, Aster doesn't have Destiny HERO Fusions until his last episode where he has Destiny End Dragoon (who is itself not considered a HERO card). Yet, Arc-V has basically excised the cards that Aster used in the original for a new set of cards that are fusion-focused. The decision to revive Aster is an interesting one only because I thought there are other GX characters that could potentially return, given how Aster is originally not from Duel Academy. Still, Destiny HEROes getting support is always welcomed

In general I felt that Destiny HEROes have better support than Elemental HEROes despite the latter having a higher quantity of cards, and I kind of envy this a little. Their fusions also lack the "Fusion Summon only" clause that many Elemental HEROes got, and this is a condition I wish didn't happen (I would be fine with a compromise of "Must be first Fusion Summoned" though).

Thank you for reading.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know enough to guess though is the second perhaps one from the Borreload series?

Maybe Tron guy is Encode Talker? That was a counterpart to Decode Talker right?

Last edited:

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
I´ll go on record saying Yuya is my favorite protagonist.

He's flawed, and human. He has fits of immaturity and insecurity, like any teen. He's great.

Yuma is not as bad as people say, but he takes the above characteristics way too far. The amount of "Let's cheer Yuma up so he goes back to be a catchphrase machine gun" are way more than Yuya's and also much more annoying. He´s not near as bad as people say he is, but he's definitely not great. He gets outshined by Kaito and Shark constantly.

Having said that. This asshole RIGHT HERE, is the one we should be hating on:
Nearly all of Arc V's side characters (and all 3 of his clones) outshine Yuya. Yuya's bullshit of stopping a duel for the dumb performance stuff was way more annoying to me than Yuma's catchphrases.
The only great thing with Yuya was
When Jack Atlas calls him out on his bullshit and beats him. Of course Yuya wins the next time they duel.
Arc V made me stop watching Yugioh.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know enough to guess though is the second perhaps one from the Borreload series?

Maybe Tron guy is Encode Talker? That was a counterpart to Decode Talker right?
Second one is almost certainly Topologic Bomber Dragon.
First one could be a few things, my guess is Cyberse Magician though, Yusaku's ritual monster he started using in the second season (He also started using synchro, xyz, and fusion monsters during that season as well)

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I like Yuya a lot. My problem with it him is that by the time we got to Synchro it started to feel like his progress was resetting all the time. "Is my duel entertaining enough?" At some point I felt we weren't really getting anywhere. He was also screwed in the final boss battle, for obvious reasons.

Huh, are you gonna do Smile World, by the way? Or any of the En cards?

Yuya seem like he was more concerned about making people happy than saving reality from Duel Academia and his dark alter ego.

Topologic Bomber Dragon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Topologic Bomber Dragon
Generation 6: VRAINS
Users: Ryoken Kogami (a.k.a Revolver)
Artwork:

In his never ending quest for revenge against the Knights of Hanoi, Yusaku eventually meets the leader of the Knights, Revolver, who at the time had his downgraded look where he looked like a faceless mook, Revolver plans to use VRAINS in his quest to destroy all of the Ignis AI, one of which had become Yusaku's partner "Ai". During their battles, Revolver revealed that he also has "Cyberse" type monsters in deck, which in the world of VRAINS are considered to be some extremely rare kind of monsters, to the point Yusaku thought he was the only one to have them.

Among Revolver's Cyberses, there's a certain LINK-4, DARK, Cyberse-Type Link Monster he will use whenever he wants to fuck up Yusaku's Link heavy strategies. Topologic Bomber Dragon!

As the clip suggests, Topologic Bomber Dragon is a card that spells death for any monster unlucky enough to be present in a Main Monster Zone. Revolver uses his Topologic Cards next to his own "Rokkets" and "Borrel" cards to great effect, as he always knows which kind of card is appropriate for which situation.

Bomber Dragon's design is so weird and abstract that I don't know how to describe it, Let's take a quick look at the design
257px-TopologicBomberDragon-OW-NC.png

First of all, there's little in this card that spells out "Dragon" which makes the naming even weirder, considering it's a Cyberse-Type, I expected a LOT more Tron in it, but it's just an orange robot thing. I don't dislike it per se, I just don't get what it is supposed to be, there's nothing "Topologic" "Bomber" or "Dragon" here, but I still can't decide whether I like it or not. I like the bulky look for sure, and the single glowing eye is my favorite aspect of it, as it takes my attention right to it. The wings I have a problem with, as they look like the tails of a helicopter that crashed on this thing's shoulders. I also like the energy blast it has in the card art too and the background of the card is a cool Michael Bay explosion, which is fitting considering it's effect.

Topologic Bomber Dragon has a really cool effect that was poorly timed, In the very first link summoning expansion the prospect of having 1 card with 3 arrows pointing down was a dream come true for those of us who were worried about the future of our summons, three arrows pointing down would be the fix to our concerns, we'd just need to summon this big guy and start summoning our Synchros and Xyz as usual!...You go down and read it's material requirements "2+, Effect Monsters" AWESOME.2 to 4 effect monsters would be easy to get in a consistent deck! My deck can play now! And then you read the effect...

"If another monster is Special Summoned to a zone a Link Monster points to, while this monster is on the field: Destroy all monsters in the Main Monster Zones, also your other monsters cannot attack for the rest of this turn. After damage calculation, if this card attacked an opponent's monster: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK."

giphy.gif

Yeah, talk about adding insult to injury, regular players could not use this card as it would nuke their Synchro/Xyz/Fusion monsters as soon as they were summoned and thus were forced to keep using "Decode Talker" to bring out their other summons. A Shame because the field bombing effect is actually REALLY good. as it disrupts Link spams pretty easily, Topologic Bomber Dragon remains in the extra monster after using it's effect and with it's 3000 ATK it should be able to take out whatever Link your opponent has in his Extra Monster Zone. And then it will burn your opponent! This card is 100% Michael Bay Approved.
hzQntPT.gif

While no support for Topologic Bomber Dragon exists, a deck with support for all of revolver's cards, including new "Topologic" and "Borrel" monsters will come soon in Japan.

Topologic was/is a relatively popular choice for controlling the field, but unfortunately, far better options exist at this time.

TRIVIA TIME!

"Topology is the mathematical study of the properties that are preserved through deformations, twistings, and stretchings of objects. Tearing, however, is not allowed" which explains this cards weird design!

Next Up!
516CxpISIGL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Second one is almost certainly Topologic Bomber Dragon.
First one could be a few things, my guess is Cyberse Magician though, Yusaku's ritual monster he started using in the second season (He also started using synchro, xyz, and fusion monsters during that season as well)
I can't believe you called them both. But yes

#2 is the winner so it came first

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Is it supposed to be Borel? The Borel Set is both important to topology and measure theory.

The tail of topological bomber dragon is a mobius strip btw.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a threadmark or maybe I missed it, but if you haven't already are you planning to cover Shooting Quasar Dragon, OP?