• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Trickstar Holly Angel
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Trickstar Holly Angel
Generation 6: VRAINS
User: Aoi Saizen (a.k.a Blue Angel/Blue Girl/Blue Maiden/ [Coming Soon])
Original Artwork:
1124357.jpg

Latest Artwork:

Yo, listen up, here's a story about a little girl that lives in a blue world, and all day and all night and everything she does is just lose, inside and outside the VR World!

I have already ranted about how terrible Blue Angel is as a character, so might as well just crosspost my rant here, that's about as much effort as this character deserves. Spoilers ahead.

This is Aoi Zaizen
maxresdefault.jpg

She´s a really shy girl that lives with her overprotective brother whose high profile job gives them a life of luxury. However, Aoi just acts like a shy girl, in reality she just loves thrills and of course, playing YGO. She secretly logs in to an AR world called VRAINS where she assumes the identity of "Blue Angel", a streamer like celebrity that livestreams her matches and makes a show out of it to let loose and be herself for a while.

maxresdefault.jpg

She´s a good duelist with a deck specialized in doing small amounts of damage to the opponent. She beats enemies by slowly draining their life, 200 points at a time.

This is quite interesting so far, and her first encounter with the main character (A generic dude in a quest for revenge who has a super powerful AI that creates cards for him whenever he needs them) is her challenging him to a match, she of course loses but kida gains the main character's respect....So far it´s nothing too offensive and par for the course....Then it all goes to shit...

The bad guys decide to use a virus in the form an evil card to brainwash her digital avatar and make her fight the MC again with a stronger deck.

MC defeats her easily, but wait! turns out the virus actually put a strain in her body so hard that she goes into a coma! And the bad guys take her! and put her on top of a castle!
tumblr_osmoajqEXc1tu276yo4_500.jpg

So MC decides to go after them, but not because of her, no, but because the bad guys might have some important info. He doesn´t give 2 shits about her, he just wants his revenge, her fate is just icing in the cake....

And ok. that´s bad but it´s nothing I haven't seen in other series before...I guess

And after MC saves the data and by extension her, she has an epiphany, she has to get better and stronger, leave the japanese idol streamer act and get her shit together. She starts getting close to another female character who happens to be a hacker, and she asks to be trained as a hacker duelist. She assumes a new idetity and is ready to kick ass...she is now Blue Girl!

maxresdefault.jpg

Confident and ready to kick ass, she challenges the MC's new best friend to prove she is worthy of taking part on their new adventure!

latest

and look at her face! she´s ready to win big! She starts completely beating the crap out of him! Her development paid off!!

maxresdefault.jpg

.....aaaaaand MC´s friend also has a super powerful AI that lets him activates a trap card that specifically negates all damage below 300 points, a trap that would be absolutely useless to him in any other situation or against any other opponent. So this duel ends like this...
tumblr_pabasw08lJ1shfh62o4_1280.png

.....shit. Now she gets disconnected from the virtual world and does not take part in the adventure, instead she stays in the background beating some no name grunts while "investigating".

The MC and their friend discover that their AI's are crucial to the fate of the world! And that there's more of them! Some are evil and some are good! And you won´t believe this, during her investigations Blue Girl managed to befriend one of this uber powerful AI's!! This AI gives her new cards and powers...So she assumes yet another new identity, she is now Blue Maiden!!

33a5f71f096d82e7eafdb32416be9341.jpg

And now that she has a fancy AI the other two dudes FINALLY accept her and agree with her offer of helping her in the final battle against the villains!! She is ready to face the final bosses, with a brand new deck and her own bullshit card generatng AI. It's finally time....She is going to...

So yeah....she gets destroyed along with her super plot important AI...in her first big battle against a major enemy. A major blow for the good guys.

HOOOOOOLY SHIT.
This is the worst treatment of a female character I have EVER seen

It's like the writers saw that they either had female characters that do nothing, or awesome female characters that eventually lose relevance and said "Well...why not make a character that simply just...Sucked?"

Blue Angel uses a Trickstar Deck, specialized on small but constant burn damage, your opponent takes a card, they take 200, they breathe, they take 200. It's a really annoying deck in a good way.

Holly Angel is a LINK-2, LIGHT, Fairy-Type Link Monster with a rather generic fairy looking design, the design of her dress is beautiful and but the pose feels generic, it's background is too dark to appreciate the design that all "Trickstar" cards have on their background and does nothing to make Holly Angel more visually appealing....and then we get to her second artwork...Yeah, uh...I...hum, I like this one...
2dd.jpg

It's the background! The more vibrant colors in the background make the card stand out more! That is it!, Ok jokes aside, the second artwork sexes up the design a bit, and I'm ok with it, her face now shows a bit more of a personality and she doesn't reach OCG Harpie Lady levels of raunchy, it's much better than her boring first artwork for sure.

Holly Angel is unfortunately not needed in a trickstar deck, it can give more options for damage as she will deal an aditional 200 for your trickstars being summoned and will also protect them, but when you have cards like these:

Holly Angel just looks tame in comparison. Because pf those great cards, in what's probably the most ironic turn of events, Trickstar were a Tier 1 deck for a good while, with some of their cards even getting banned in Japan, yet somehow, having a main female character with a tier 1 deck is not enough to make her win a freaking duel in the anime. Their ability to just destroy your hand and burn you for 200 for even look at them made them a great deck to play in early Link-era.

Holly Angel might not be great, but her deck sure is!

Trivia Time!

105 episodes later, Aoi still doesn't know her classmate Yusaku and the Playmaker she fights along with are one and the same.

The male heroes even treat her as a lesser character that doesn't need to know their plans, see this clip:

THIS WAS LAST EPISODE. IT'S BEEN 100+ EPISODES.

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean in fairness she'll probably find out his identity this season.

Also I wonder if she'll go back to Trickstars now that Aqua is axed

You know thinking on it, why is it that every time an anime character "upgrades" to a new archetype that new archetype is just strictly shittier than their original?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Blue Angel lost to a dude who wanted to fuck his tree mom.

And cried as he burned her favorite childhood book.

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
I could see Ai defeating Queen and supplanting her with a robotic double so he can take control of SOL Technologies.
I really don't see what Ai will gain from any of this because he straight up could just live in peace. I feel like this is completely out of character especially since it basically proves Revolver's point that all the Ignis were always dangerous even without Lightning's influence.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I really don't see what Ai will gain from any of this because he straight up could just live in peace. I feel like this is completely out of character especially since it basically proves Revolver's point that all the Ignis were always dangerous even without Lightning's influence.

This is a backup copy of Ai. Flame warned Ai about reviving himself in the form of a backup copy. This could be a corrupted version of him. Ai is also suffering from guilt of being the sole surviving Ignis.

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
This is a backup copy of Ai. Flame warned Ai about reviving himself in the form of a backup copy. This could be a corrupted version of him. Ai is also suffering from guilt of being the sole surviving Ignis.
I get that but I feel it would have been a bit more in character for him to work with Yusaku before doing anything drastic even if he was corrupted but at this point I guess the safest thing is to wait before jumping to conclusions.

Lightning stole that duel with that out of nowhere asspull.

I feel like we get that a lot I remember the last duel with Go and I was like there was no way they can win before Playmaker essentially said I win because the plot needs me to.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get that but I feel it would have been a bit more in character for him to work with Yusaku before doing anything drastic even if he was corrupted but at this point I guess the safest thing is to wait before jumping to conclusions.

I feel like we get that a lot I remember the last duel with Go and I was like there was no way they can win before Playmaker essentially said I win because the plot needs me to.
I mean Lightning literally cheated in that duel (twice even)

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Supreme King Z-ARC
Generation 5: Arc-V
User: Zarc

Artwork:
ac37b0a5ba4064326c64598df3bd18cc8d45f569_00.jpg

It was really bold of Konami to create a card that combines all the previous mechanics into a new one at the tail end of a show, but Integration Summon has opened lots of possibilities....*pffft* I'm just messing with you.

This is the real TCG card:
latest

After Yuya defeats Yuri and fuses the souls of all 4 of his alter egos within his body, they finally confront the leader of the fusion dimension who turns out to be...A misguided good guy. Who claims he's trying to return the world to one single dimension as it's supposed to be.

You see, in the beginning there was only one dimension, in this dimension, a nice dude named Zarc became an entertaining duelist just like Yuya, he had all 4 of the Dimensional Dragons in his deck and really liked making people happy with his dueling, he and his love interest,a girl Duelist named Ray, designed Pendulum summoning together but they never got a chance to use it.

Turns out, audiences in that world started demanding Zarc to be a sadistic prick in his duels, being more entertained with bloodshed than with his performances. Their insistence to have Zarc always go further in his cruelty, Zarc's own insecurity and the influence of the dragons drove him insane. He started using his Dragons to kill for fun and became a monster. Eventually the Dragons transform Zarc into one of their own, their King.

With a heavy heart, his girl friend Ray designs 4 cards to finally defeat him in a duel. The power of this spells coupled with the power of the Dragons shattered the universe in 4. Ray and Zarc, being at the center of all, also got split in 4. And led new lives in each of the created dimensions.

The Profesor wants to prevent Zarc from awakening again...And to that end created a fascist regime that conquers, kills and traps other people into cards...yeah

So what do the Lancers do with this information?
tenor.gif

Zarc begins to awaken inside Yuya. So the Profesor puts all 4 of the girls, Ruri, Rin,Yuzu and Selena in a machine that should replicate Ray's original spells and suppress Zarc....or something like that...I dunno.

So the 4 girls pass out AND DISINTEGRATE in the machine without ever having a closure to their storylines, hell we literally just saved Ruri and Rin at that point!!

While the waifu machine absorbs the girls the whole cast fights against Yuya/Zarc in a really cool battle. They all do their best to slow him down...Until Zarc fully takes over Yuya and summons his Dragon form....A Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Pendulum monster. Supreme King Dragon Z-ARC. Which was adapted to the TCG as a level 12, Dark, Dragon-Type Fusion/Pendulum monster.

Zarc has a fucking awful design. Everything was crotch. It's head is so small that it doesn't have an expression at all. I have NO idea how those wings even work and the little hands are just hilarious. This is peak "Trying too hard". Even the background is awful and uninspired. Z-ARC might be one of the worst Dragon designs ,period. But there is a godly aura on it that makes me like...I really don't know why...maybe it's own ridiculousness makes it fun?

As a card, Z-ARc is your new god. His insane fusion summon requirements are easily danced around by using Zarc's true form of Timegazer and Stargazer (the latter had to be banned) to bring him out with a bit more ease. He enters the field,nukes it and then is immune to everything that destroys or targets it and when it destroys a monster it can summon a powered up version of the Dimensional Dragons

Which are also so stupid OP that the fusion one got banned.

And if you somehow get rid of it and destroy it, it will go to the Pendulum Zone and as a Spell it will negate your Extra Deck summons while also destroying cards you add to your hand.

This is like if the egyptian gods where actually printed with their anime effect. The only reason this card is untouched by a list is because how hard it is to summon, but it's deck could easily bring him out before getting nerfed into Oblivion is because the deck could do more damage by playing fast instead of setting him up.

I should know. I played that deck before it was decimated :)

Trivia time!

When Yuya eventually gets control back and defeats Zarc for his body, he embarks on a quest to find Yuzu....by dueling all the characters in the show...and he believes his duels will reach out to her...this is legit the final 5 episodes. It's the exact point you notice the writing staff was moved into the movie.

The power of love brings Yuzu back and the ending shows that all their alter egos are alive inside them. So basically.

AmbitiousRealisticDunnart-small.gif

Except Kingdom Hearts realized that there's nothing happy in having your mind be prisoner of another person's body and walked back almost immediately.

Instead Arc-V ends with happy music while Rin and Yugo will never hug again and never got the chance to see each other one last time, Shun lost both his sister and his best friend and Selena will never resolve her issues with her upbringing.

Fuck that. At least Yuya gets to be with Yuzu I guess?

Still better than the Manga tho.

That's it for Gen 5

Next up the worst show, with the worst characters, the worst designs and the biggest shitshow with the implementation of a new mechanic I've ever seen....look forward to it! INTO THE VRAINS!

Shun lost his friend and his sister and he's smiling about this.

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Lightning literally cheated in that duel (twice even)

At this point I feel like a lot of what happens in general is cheating to some degree that it's a blur but I'd be lying if I said I have intimate knowledge of the card game outside of the anime. Plus Light winning the duel on a technicality didn't really do anything for him overall so eh.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I feel like a lot of what happens in general is cheating to some degree that it's a blur but I'd be lying if I said I have intimate knowledge of the card game outside of the anime. Plus Light winning the duel on a technicality didn't really do anything for him overall so eh.
I mean he should have straight up lost earlier when he pulled hostage shenanigans

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cheating's only an issue in the show for me when they draw specific attention to it.

Flubbing a rule or card effect slightly that the average non-competitive player wouldn't catch is okay by me.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cheating's only an issue in the show for me when they draw specific attention to it.

Flubbing a rule or card effect slightly that the average non-competitive player wouldn't catch is okay by me.
A reminder that the biggest cheater in Yugioh is Atem, whose magic power is literally just top decking shit lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone in the show has amazing luck in terms of what hands they get, with their best combos always given to them.

That's why I LOVE the episode of Vrains with Brave Max and a member of Hanoi and they both end up with absolutely shitty starting hands, but play things off as if they have an amazing hand. Because that's how it usually works.

In a way Playmaker having an ability that specifically explains how he gets a card he needs, that we never saw him obtain, actually is an idea I'm cool with on the surface level---I just think they needed to have him actually lose a few times even with that ability to make it somewhat less cheap.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Everyone in the show has amazing luck in terms of what hands they get, with their best combos always given to them.

That's why I LOVE the episode of Vrains with Brave Max and a member of Hanoi and they both end up with absolutely shitty starting hands, but play things off as if they have an amazing hand. Because that's how it usually works.

In a way Playmaker having an ability that specifically explains how he gets a card he needs, that we never saw him obtain, actually is an idea I'm cool with on the surface level---I just think they needed to have him actually lose a few times even with that ability to make it somewhat less cheap.

He's currently rocking 0 loses.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's ridiculous.

And the reason for this once again I assume comes to the fact there's no time to breath in the show. Because of how Ai will die if Yusaku loses (that's still a plot point right?), Yusaku can't lose in any of his duels.

If he had time to chill and have a friendly duel, maybe he could have a humble loss here and there.

Basically, I hate to say this, but VRAINS really needs a Tournament Arc so we can get some no-strings attached matches to just have characters show off rather than having to either win or get BTFO'd.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Joey was still just getting lucky. He wasn't literally bending reality to get the card he needed lol. And Joey's luck often screwed him over a bit in fairness
Very true.

I just get annoyed with Joey, especially in later seasons, as he went full on with the luck mechanic.

Time Wizard was very cool but I really wanted Joey to go the Red-Eyes route instead of a dice roll.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's ridiculous.

And the reason for this once again I assume comes to the fact there's no time to breath in the show. Because of how Ai will die if Yusaku loses (that's still a plot point right?), Yusaku can't lose in any of his duels.

If he had time to chill and have a friendly duel, maybe he could have a humble loss here and there.

Basically, I hate to say this, but VRAINS really needs a Tournament Arc so we can get some no-strings attached matches to just have characters show off rather than having to either win or get BTFO'd.
Yeah, Vrains needs some filler stuff focused on character interactions. At the very least Ai is no longer attached to Yusaku as of season 3, so we're past the point where Yusaku literally can't lose

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also something I just thought of...

So, OG Duelist Kingdom rules. You can't inflict direct damage. Doesn't this mean that, theoretically by having a larger deck than the opponent, the best strategy is to literally do nothing?
I think the OG rules also had a clause that you lost if you ended one of your turns without a monster on the field or something like that

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The first half of Arc V was actually good but after the Friendship Cup arc it went completely especially with the introduction of the Doctor and his duel parasites.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Synchro Arc of Arc-V gets flak for being so long and the show going downhill after, but damn was it good. The whole scene with the gang in prison and the Hanafuda dude, the awesome finale of Jack vs. Yuya, and Reggie trapping the villain in a non-ending effect loop.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the late reply but for the beginning I would recommend building around those two cards

Aromage Bergamott is also highly recommended.

But basically what the deck does for me is:

- pushing out ridiculous amounts of damage while
- healing as well as doing all kinds of different crazy side effects.

As I said before, I'm not done building the deck since i'm playing in Duel Links and it's honestly not fun getting a hold of those cards there since they are not available in Boosters.
But as of right now, running 80% Aromages coupled with a few other plant based cards works great. The synergy isn't completely there yet, but hey: That's why I said it's incomplete! :)

Edit :

I see. Glad I wasn't around then. But tbh, I still feel like I wouldn't enjoy playing Links

Looks like I will see what I can do with this. Never quite structure a deck before. Thanks

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The most emotion I've seen in VRAINS so far is Spectre crying over his mommy tree.

Please cover the Sunavalon cards eventually.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The Synchro Arc of Arc-V gets flak for being so long and the show going downhill after, but damn was it good. The whole scene with the gang in prison and the Hanafuda dude, the awesome finale of Jack vs. Yuya, and Reggie trapping the villain in a non-ending effect loop.

Shun confronting Dennis and exposing him as a spy for Duel Academia was really good.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I would fund an Arc-V OVA to Kingdom Hearts III' that ending if I could.

That's how much I love the Arc-V gang.

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Shun, Yuto, Cerina, and Moon Shadow are my favorite characters from Arc V

The worst is a tie between Yuri and Professor Akaba.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain

I was rolling on the floor with that duel. It's almost like they brought a completely different duel writer just for that episode.

Also, my favourite character from Arc-V is Barret, because he just disappears from the series and nobody ever wonders where he went. Tsukikage? Nah, HE is the real ninja.

Borreload Dragon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Borreload Dragon
User: Ryoken Kogami (a.k.a Revolver)

Original Artwork:

unknown.png

Latest Artwork
unknown.png

Among the Knights of Hanoi, one young mastermind is doing everything in his power to stop the propagation of AI, In VRAINS, his avatar is named Revolver. And he is hands down, the only good character in this show.

He and his minions are always making Yusaku's life impossible, while also managing to make me root for them every time they are on screen.Much like Yusaku, Revolver is a fucking prick, but the GOOD kind of prick. His trash talk level is 10/10, his plans to fuck over the AI's and VRAINS are always crazy and his eventual turn into athe series antihero was more than welcomed.

Revolver has a deck that would make the Digimon Franchise proud, with dragons madeof guns (....or is it guns made of Dragons?) Called "Rokket" cards ("Bullets" in the original version). Revolver always plays to win and is known for using the trolliest cards possible. He's just a blast to watch, specially when he gets to summon his LINK-4, DARK, Dragon-Type boss. "Borreload Dragon"

Borreload HAS COLOR. It's bright red armor is a sight for sore eyes among all that Tron. As you might have noticed, Borreload Dragon's body is a giant revolver, which is fitting, the robotic nature of the dragon feels authentic despite many robot dragons coming before him, the emerald colored accents and wings make it look even more colorful and badass. It's a great design. And it's animated form has a ton of personality to it.
5c53cdccb3a434bc3634f2bd2e8b49af35828842_00.gif

Look at that angry mofo. It's second artwork wins here because I feel the pose for the OG artwork is very uninteresting despite the solid design. Also I really love artworks that are just the monster in the middle of an attack.

Borreload was one very expensive card for a good while, and with good reason, despite it needing a minimum of 3 monsters to be summoned, it has the best positioned link arrows possible, no matter where you place this beast on the board, he will always unlock 2 zones for you to use your extra deck summons on. It's effects are AMAZING. It cannt be destroyed by card effects despite it's high 3000ATK, it can reduce the ATK of an opponent's monster by 500 and whenever it attacks, it can take control of the attacked monster by placing it into a zone it's pointing at until the end of the turn. Oh yeah, I can see why this guy is still at $20 a pop despite multiple reprints.

Revolver is the first character to use Synchro Summon in the show, evolving his duel style with "Borreload Savage Dragon"

And OMG, it's as good as the Link version if not better! Savage Dragon equips himself with a Link monster in the graveyard and will gain an effect negation for each link arrow it's equipped monster has! And i also gains ATK equal to half of the monster's that it has equipped! That makes Savage Dragon your go-to when your Borreload gets destroyed.

Not happy with that, Revolver decides to take things even further with the Xyz summon of "Borreload eXcharge Dragon"
300px-BorreloadeXchargeDragon-RIRA-JP-UR.png

2 Level 4 DARK Dragon monsters
Neither player can target this Xyz Summoned card with other monsters' effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; you cannot Special Summon other monsters or attack directly for the rest of this turn, also the targeted monster loses 600 ATK/DEF, then you can Special Summon 1 "Borrel" monster from your GY, but banish it during the End Phase.

Remember when I told you about Link now having synergy with all the old summon mechanics? Prime example right here. eXcharge will reduce the ATK of a monster and then revive OG Borreload to open more zones for you! (Extra Deck monsters that come from the graveyard are allowed to use the main monster zone, since they're not coming from the extra deck)

Best Character, we need you as protagonist. Save us Revolver.

TRIVIA TIME!

A random dude traded me a Borreload Dragon for chump change, even after I asked him several times if he was sure. I sold it and bought myself Spider-Man (PS4). Good times.

Also Borreload Dragons are all hanging out together in a hangar ready for deployment.

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Sergei suffered one of the most brutal deaths in the entire series. He didn't get teleported to the Shadow Realm or sent to a dungeon. Sergei was beaten to death.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Borreload Dragon
User: Ryoken Kogami (a.k.a Revolver)

Original Artwork:

unknown.png

Latest Artwork
unknown.png

Among the Knights of Hanoi, one young mastermind is doing everything in his power to stop the propagation of AI, In VRAINS, his avatar is named Revolver. And he is hands down, the only good character in this show.

He and his minions are always making Yusaku's life impossible, while also managing to make me root for them every time they are on screen.Much like Yusaku, Revolver is a fucking prick, but the GOOD kind of prick. His trash talk level is 10/10, his plans to fuck over the AI's and VRAINS are always crazy and his eventual turn into athe series antihero was more than welcomed.

Revolver has a deck that would make the Digimon Franchise proud, with dragons madeof guns (....or is it guns made of Dragons?) Called "Rokket" cards ("Bullets" in the original version). Revolver always plays to win and is known for using the trolliest cards possible. He's just a blast to watch, specially when he gets to summon his LINK-4, DARK, Dragon-Type boss. "Borreload Dragon"

Borreload HAS COLOR. It's bright red armor is a sight for sore eyes among all that Tron. As you might have notice, Borreload Dragon's body is a giant revolver, which is fitting, the robotic nature of the dragon feels authentic despite many robot dragons coming before him, the emerald colored accents and wings make it look even more colorful and badass. It's a great design. And it's animated form has a ton of personality to it.
5c53cdccb3a434bc3634f2bd2e8b49af35828842_00.gif

Look at that angry mofo. It's second artwork wins here because I feel the pose for the OG artwork is very uninteresting despite the solid design. Also I really love artworks that are just the monster in the middle of an attack.

Borreload was one very expensive card for a good while, and with good reason, despite it needing a minimum of 3 monsters to be summoned, it has the best positioned link arrows possible, no matter where you place this beast on the board, he will always unlock 2 zones for you to use your extra deck summons on. It's effects are AMAZING. It cannt be destroyed by card effects despite it's high 3000ATK, it can reduce the ATK of an opponent's monster by 500 and whenever it attacks, it can take control of the attacked monster by placing it into a zone it's pointing at until the end of the turn. Oh yeah, I can see why this guy is still at $20 a pop despite multiple reprints.

Revolver is the first character to use Synchro Summon in the show, evolving his duel style with "Borreload Savage Dragon"

And OMG, it's as good as the Link version if not better! Savage Dragon equips himself with a Link monster in the graveyard and will gain an effect negation for each link arrow it's equipped monster has! And i also gains ATK equal to half of the monster's that it has equipped! That makes Savage Dragon your go-to when your Borreload gets destroyed.

Not happy with that, Revolver decides to take things even further with the Xyz summon of "Borreload eXcharge Dragon"
300px-BorreloadeXchargeDragon-RIRA-JP-UR.png

Remember when I told you about Link now having synergy with all the old summon mechanics? Prime example right here. eXcharge will reduce the ATK of a monster and then revive OG Borreload to open more zones for you! (Extra Deck monsters that come from the graveyard are allowed to use the main monster zone, since they're not coming from the extra deck)

Best Character, we need you as protagonist. Save us Revolver.

TRIVIA TIME!

A random dude traded me a Borreload Dragon for chump change, even after I asked him several times if he was sure. I sold it and bought myself Spider-Man (PS4). Good times.

Also Borreload Dragons are all hanging out together in a hangar ready for deployment.
Oh, come on. We all know Revolver's real ace card. Show it off, you coward!

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying these, especially since the only shows I ever really watched were OG YGO and the first major storyline of 5Ds (along with some scattered later episodes). Actually makes me want to go back and watch that whole arc. I didn't realize the whole business with the one VA being in a cult was the reason all magic was excised from the series then on. I'd read about her getting blacklisted and it causing some changes, but didn't realize it went that far. Do we have any idea what the show was supposed to be before that?

This also has me really eyeing that Switch game coming out in August though in terms of the actual game my only experience is with Gen 1 with friends (started off the the Blue Eyes starter deck that I still have) and that one GBA game that covered Duelist City and Marik.

Mirror Force
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Mirror Force
Generation 1 & 6: Duel Monsters and VRAINS
User: Ryoken Kogami (a.k.a Revolver), made famous by Yugi Muto

Artwork:
latest

During VRAINS season 1, several anime magazines posted an episode preview about how Revolver would play a "terrifying" trap card ready to be unleashed on the game....Speculation ran wild about it being a new trap that would break the game, people all over the fandom questioned "What is Revolver's awesome trap?"....The episode comes and this happens.

It' just fucking Mirror Force...LOL.

But this is a good time to talk about it!

Mirror force artwork is a simple but effective special effect. A beam bouncing of a barrier, true to it's japanese name "Holy Barrier- Mirror Force".There's really not much to say about the art other than it's well drawn and it triggers many's trust issues.

Mirror Force as a trap has a great effect that can change the tide of the game, but the fact that it "Destroys" meant it fell under the might of "Stardust Dragon" and it's popularity took a huge hit.

But Mirror Force reinvented itself! Now there's several upgraded Mirror Forces ready to be unleashed!

Mirror Force might not be the game changer it was back in the day, but it's still one of the most popular cards ever made.

TRIVIA TIME!

Revolver using old school, troll traps is pretty much a meme at this point

Oh, come on. We all know Revolver's real ace card. Show it off, you coward!

52e.png

Last edited:

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Really enjoying these, especially since the only shows I ever really watched were OG YGO and the first major storyline of 5Ds (along with some scattered later episodes). Actually makes me want to go back and watch that whole arc. I didn't realize the whole business with the one VA being in a cult was the reason all magic was excised from the series then on. I'd read about her getting blacklisted and it causing some changes, but didn't realize it went that far. Do we have any idea what the show was supposed to be before that?

This also has me really eyeing that Switch game coming out in August though in terms of the actual game my only experience is with Gen 1 with friends (started off the the Blue Eyes starter deck that I still have) and that one GBA game that covered Duelist City and Marik.
Yes, there are some details. Now, I don't remember much of them or where I read them, but apparently Crow was going to be the villain (matches with Wiraqocha being a Condor), Bomber and Rua were supposed to fight each other (but Rua got sidelined by Crow) and some other minor stuff, like Rudger and Yusei having a speed duel.

Mirror Force
Generation 1 & 6: Duel Monsters and VRAINS
User: Ryoken Kogami (a.k.a Revolver), made famous by Yugi Muto

Artwork:
latest

During VRAINS season 1, several anime magazines posted an episode preview about how Revolver would play a "terrifying" trap card ready to be unleashed on the game....Speculation ran wild about it being a new trap that would break the game, people all over the fandom questioned "What is Revolver's awesome trap?"....The episode comes and this happens.

It' just fucking Mirror Force...LOL.

But this is a good time to talk about it!

Mirror force artwork is a simple but effect special effect. A beam bouncing of a barrier, true to it's japanese name "Holy Barrier- Mirror Force".There's really not much to say about the art other than it's well drawn and it triggers many's trust issues.

Mirror Force as a trap has a great effect that can change the tide of the game, but the fact that it "Destroys" meant it fell under the might of "Stardust Dragon" and it's popularity took a huge hit.

But Mirror Force reinvented itself! Now there's several upgraded Mirror Forces ready to be unleashed!

Mirror Force might not be the game changer it was back in the day, but it's still one of the most popular cards ever made.

TRIVIA TIME!

Revolver using old school, troll traps is pretty much a meme at this point

52e.png

I am pleased.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, there are some details. Now, I don't remember much of them or where I read them, but apparently Crow was going to be the villain (matches with Wiraqocha being a Condor), Bomber and Rua were supposed to fight each other (but Rua got sidelined by Crow) and some other minor stuff, like Rudger and Yusei having a speed duel.

I actually do remember the bit about Crow being a villain before his cards got popular in the past back when I was watching the show.