• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Last edited:

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
My favorite card. I was always sad it never got more support.

LON088.jpg
You do know it got Dark Sanctuary a while ago, and two new S/T support, right?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Ya'll forgetting the OG OG OP card.

61w1PMNLauL.jpg

Chaos decks? Yata Garasu? Ya'll need this bad girl along with Sangan to tutor for them. Effect might as well say, "enable any combo of any kind".

TIL they errata'd her to not allow you to play the tutored card on the same turn.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot about it, It's sad how irrelevant that card is now

"Lava Golem to your monsters"

"K, Link with Lava Golem"
Well, at least back in the day I got to live the dumb, janky dream of being a kid, playing it against a grown man, and managing to stall with Fairy Box till it killed him, making the guy very, very grumpy.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What about the 4* monsters with 1850+ ATK? I remember seeing some dude plop down a $20 for one at the mall.

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
All right, to close off today I have one of the cases where I´m forced to make an exception.

This character has 2 Ace Cards, as he spends most of his first season using one card as his ace monster, then he changes it later. For that reason, this character gets to have 2 cards reviewed in a row.

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman
Generation 2
: GX
User: Jaden Yuki

Artwork:

There's very little to talk about Flame Wingman, a level 6, WIND, Warrior-Type Fusion Monster that is the fusion of 2 of the most iconic GX cards. "Elemental HERO Avian" and "Elemental HERO Burstinatrix". The only way to start the GX era, is with a Fusion. So we start with Jaden´s episode 1 trump card.

What I love about this card's art is that he is more than the sum of his parts. Fusions in the original YGO were just taking the 2 monsters and mashing their recognizable features together. Flame Wingman looks like a combination of the 2 heroes into something never seen before. I like that. The mask is great, the pose is cool, the dragon arm is cooler and the single Sephiroth-like wing is the coolest. If I had to complain about this card´s art, it would be the piss colored background that works against an otherwise great design.

Flame Wingman is a fusion of 2 specific materials, which automatically kills any chance of it not being outclassed by the absolutely amazing manga version of Jaden's deck. Why would you waste a perfectly good Polymerization on Avian and Burstinatrix to bring this card out when these are an option?

Flame Wingman being from back when fusion required super specific cards to be combined works against it, because it's effect is not that good considering it's low attack, you'd need to pull a Jaden and summon him with "Skyscraper" to maximize his extra damage otuput. So he´s being outclassed by pretty much any HERO that is based on the GX manga and has fallen into complete irrelevance.

Support for this specific card doesn´t exist beyond it's upgraded form
latest

And that's not because of a lack of HERO support, HERO cards are one of the most supported archetypes in the game...What happens is that there is close to 35 better options to use instead of Flare Wingman.

Poor thing.

Trivia Time: Avian and Burstinatrix can form 2 other fusions besides this one "Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer" and "Evil HERO Inferno Wing".

Elemental HERO Neos
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Elemental HERO Neos
Generation 2

Original Artwork:
1186283.jpg

Latest Artwork:
300px-ElementalHERONeos-DUPO-EN-UR-LE.png

After little Jaden sent drawings of his made up cards to Industrial Illusions for a design contest where the winner's cards would be printed and *checks notes* ...sent to space to teach aliens how to duel.... The cards became infused with the power of Neo-Space, eventually finding their way back to Jaden. The main card of Jaden´s new ultra powerful deck being this Level 8, LIGHT, Warrior-Type normal monster.

Neos design is very plain, it's just a guy on a white leotard. As far of super hero designs go, he´s nothing to write home about. He feels like one of the millions of Spider-Man clones out there in the comic world. His original art has such a boring pose that it's hilarious. Picture any superhero you know on that pose...you just know there's bound to be like a million cooler poses for them. Thankfully the new 2019 artwork picks up the slack and makes him look way more like a respectable HERO should look like. If you need to choose, I say go with the new artwork.

Neos is the card that introduced the concept of Contact Fusion to the game, that is, fusions that do NOT require a spell card like "Polymerization" to fuse their materials. Many players, myself included, think this mechanic eventually got reworked into Gen 3's Synchro Summon.

Neos Contact Fusions require him to fuse with "Neo Spacian" cards (Cutesy Aliens) and do without any other Elemental HERO Cards....which was a blow to the coolness factor of Jaden´s deck. Neos Contact fusions are generally really good...but have a BIG problem, let's see if you can spot it

latest
latest

That's right, they have a built in kill switch that forces them back into the Extra Deck at the end of the turn they were summoned. Usually that includes a powerful effect to make up for it...but it's not worth it. You lose several materials to get the fusion out only to be useful at the very end of the turn when you can no longer attack and then they leave your field. Fot this reason Neos was reviled as one of the worst decks in the game.

Lately Neos received a lot of cool support that might not make it meta level on the TCG, but it sure boosted it's popularity on Duel Links. The new cards help dance around the self destruction effect, and give the game much needed summon capabilities.

Neos is my least favorite main protagonist card. It looks generic and uninteresting compared to any other HERO out there. and it's abilities and support are not enough to make up for being such a bore.

Trivia Time! Neos is the only ace monster who does not appear within the first season of its series

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really excellent thread, thanks for putting it together!

My primary exposure to the franchise so far has been Duel Links, so it'll be particularly interesting to me when you get past 5D'S, since I have yet to see pretty much any of those characters and cards. Can't wait to see what Xyz / Pendulum / Link Aces are like.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
What about the 4* monsters with 1850+ ATK? I remember seeing some dude plop down a $20 for one at the mall.
They were good in the early game, by the time the chaos wave in my area happened most people had realized that good effects and well thought out strategies were better for winning. You can use all the Archfiend Soldiers and Luster Dragons ya got but back in the day something like DD warrior lady far out classes them as far as 4*s went.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Elemental HERO Neos
Generation 2

Original Artwork:
1186283.jpg

Latest Artwork:
300px-ElementalHERONeos-DUPO-EN-UR-LE.png

After little Jaden sent drawings of his made up cards to Industrial Illusions for a design contest where the winner's cards would be printed and *checks notes* ...sent to space to teach aliens how to duel.... The cards became infused with the power of Neo-Space, eventually finding their way back to Jaden. The main card of Jaden´s new ultra powerful deck being this Level 8, LIGHT, Warrior-Type normal monster.

Neos design is very plain, it's just a guy on a white leotard. As far of super hero designs go, he´s nothing to write home about. He feels like one of the millions of Spider-Man clones out there in the comic world. His original art has such a boring pose that it's hilarious. Picture any superhero you know on that pose...you just know there's bound to be like a million cooler poses for them. Thankfully the new 2019 artwork picks up the slack and makes him look way more like a respectable HERO should look like. If you need to choose, I say go with the new artwork.

Neos is the card that introduced the concept of Contact Fusion to the game, that is, fusions that do NOT require a spell card like "Polymerization" to fuse their materials. Many players, myself included, think this mechanic eventually got reworked into Gen 3's Synchro Summon.

Neos Contact Fusions require him to fuse with "Neo Spacian" cards (Cutesy Aliens) and do without any other Elemental HERO Cards....which was a blow to the coolness factor of Jaden´s deck. Neos Contact fusions are generally really good...but have a BIG problem, let's see if you can spot it

latest
latest

That's right, they have a built in kill switch that forces them back into the Extra Deck at the end of the turn they were summoned. Usually that includes a powerful effect to make up for it...but it's not worth it. You lose several materials to get the fusion out only to be useful at the very end of the turn when you can no longer attack and then they leave your field. Fot this reason Neos was reviled as one of the worst decks in the game.

Lately Neos received a lot of cool support that might not make it meta level on the TCG, but it sure boosted it's popularity on Duel Links. The new cards help dance around the self destruction effect, and give the game much needed summon capabilities.

Neos is my least favorite main protagonist card. It looks generic and uninteresting compared to any other HERO out there. and it's abilities and support are not enough to make up for being such a bore.

Trivia Time! Neos is the only ace monster who does not appear within the first season of its series
I don't like Neos either. Though you could get around the "return to extra deck" thing thanks to Neospace.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I played YGO as a kid but haven't since. As a magic player, these text boxes are insane. So wordy and hard to follow, and that font is miniscule.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm currently using a Neos-focused deck in Duel Links, and it's the most fun I ever had in Yu GI Oh!

It doesn't always work out because of the number of cards in my deck, but when it does, my opponents do not stand a chance anymore, it's amazing!

Neos is great!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well...Neos Fusion makes Rainbow Neos happen pretty easily by fusing the card while it's in the deck so that you don't dead draw it
Fair enough. You're still essentially bricking if you do draw it, but then that's nothing new, given that back when brilliant fusion was unlimited people were running Garnets all the time

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense! Dark Magician is one of my favourite cards in the TCG and I've built many (terrible) decks around it trying to make it work.

I'm looking forward to more of this thread. Especially when we get into plants.

Wait, are you even doing plants or is this strictly casual/anime popularity only?

Sorry for the late reply.

Considering both Aki from Gen 3 and Yuri from Gen 5 have plant decks we will definitely have plant cards.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Neos is so fucking bad, it was terrible seeing all those new booster packs with a Neos as the signature monster and having a bunch of them as some mediocre filler. The most outstanding Neos stuff I remember was the annoying mole.

For the first batch of E-Heroes I thought that at least they had a cool theme and some fun stuff like miracle fusion to mess around. The thing I remember the most from Shining Flarewingman is that on it's booster pack it introduced one of my favorite archetypes with Dark World.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I love Hero cards! My favorites design wise are totally the Masked Hero cards. Mostly cause I'm a toku nut anyways.
51osdAbM5%2BL.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'll throw my top 3 favourite cards into the mix as well:

latest

Being the sibling that got the Kaiba starter deck way back in the day, this card has always been close to my heart. My playset of mint Starter Deck ones are some of my favourite cards in my collection.

latest

I took a fairly long break from the game but came back when The Dark Emperor structure deck was released and played Macro Monarchs for a while. Caius was a center piece of that deck and it always stuck with me.

latest

Tour Guide sticks out in my mind as it gave me my biggest trading related win in my time playing YGO. I managed to walk out with two of these at the Extreme Victory sneak peek, which was a huge get. After that it went on to be essential to the XYZ based deck I played of course(and Darkworld).

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Btw Fj0823 thanks for the thread. It's probably my mos closely followed thread on ERA.

I'm currently playing Duel Links and I'm running a Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician deck. It's not that great as dead hand happens a lot but lots of fun when you can start leaving your monsters up.

Can't wait for XYZ to be introduced to the game for some rank up magic bullshit.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I definitely think Jaden's manga ace was a major improvement
latest

Although his finale manga trump card is definitely awesome(although not as difficult/awesome as the original comic version that had unlimited guess draw but had call validation for each card... and he only got up to 6 anyways so 3 for the tcg game is more balanced)
latest

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Whats so good about Duel Links everyone? Haven't tried it.
Im one of those people that only really likes Gen 1 and 2, and is totally clueless to XYZ and all the other stuff they added to the game over time. would I enjoy Duel Links?

same
Well xyz isn't in duel links. But if you have a switch legacy of the duelist link evolution releases in August in the west has everything and a story mode with tutorials to ease you in. Duel Links is an abridged format in the first place and between that and the over structure it was just not enough to chew on for me

Also xyz is super simple all you do is get a certain number monsters of the same level on the field as required by an extra deck card, then you directly summon it(the card is the same level as the monsters and says the number required) it's not that hard

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what a nice thread Fj0823

I could never get into YGO mainly because of the shitty country we live in, but I always had a curiosity and I even made a deck about 15 years ago when this and magic where fierce competitors, because of how bans work in YGO I always wondered how some of my cards fared, well, the ones I didn't get stolen from me.

as a very serious Hearthstone player I always like to see how things work onother TCGs, but with YGO I have a special curiosity because I never got a real chance to play it because of shitty people.

Jaden's shitty friends' cards
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
There's so little to say about these cards that I'll just do them in one post

Steam Gyroid
Generation 2
User: Syrus Truesdale

Artwork:
latest

Syrus' most famous monster is here from back when he started his adventures in season 1. Steam Gyroid is a level 6, EARTH, Machine-Type Fusion monster.

It sucks. The art is evocative of the toon cards but without anything interesting to set it appart, it's just a helicopter train thing doing the dreamworks face. The purple background looks terrible with the also purple frame.

It's a fusion of 2 very specific cards with no effect, it wasn't useful then, when you could use as many fusions as you wanted, and is sure as hell not worth wasting a precious Extra Monster Zone now,

Roids have received no support since the end of GX, in fact they're so unpopular that if you go to the store and asks for "Roids" everyone there will think you mean Gen 5's "Speedroids"

This is why everyone likes your brother better, Syrus.

Trivia Time! Nada, it doesn't even have any fun trivia....I guess it appears in the artwork of "Dimension Explosion". ??

Cyber Blader
Generation 2
User: Alexis Rhodes

Artwork:
latest

Cyber Blader looks so cool, I love how elegant she looks, the focus of the art is on her legs and her pose really give off the idea that she's a pro skater. The visor she has is badass! i´m a sucker for things like that, and the background makes it looks like she's skating in the sea at sunset. Really lovely.

A level 7, EARTH, Warrior-Type Fusion monster that has an effecf depending on the amoun of mosters your opponent's have. Still, very specific fusion materials and a really low ATK value kill this card.

Alexis Rhodes as a character is pretty much wasted in the anime, and while not the most insulting case of a female character being treated like shit by the writers (Jesus Fucking Christ Blue Angel!!) her cards were never popular enough to get support.

However! The Manga version of Alexis is a great character with a deck so good that it's considered to be her "real deck" by all her fans, even when she appears in Gen 5's Arc-V anime, her anime deck is ignored in favor of her manga deck. The ritual deck Cyber Angels.

Cyber Angels even dominated Duel Links for a good while. They're soooooo superior to her anime ballerinas that it isn't even funny. I guess they still give her Ballerinas in games like Duel Links because they're fusions...but nah man,her ballerinas can´t compare to Cyber Angels, sorry Cyber Blader, you remain a useless forgotten card.

Trivia Time! This card eerily resembles "Destiny HERO Blademaster"

Master of Oz
Generation 2
User: Chum-Lee Hufflington

Artwork:

A level 9, EARTH, Beast-Type Fusion monster wielded by GX´s comic relief among comic reliefs Chum-Lee

The arwork is nice, I mean it has a background which is something I already said I appreciate, and the drawing is weirdly detailed. A giant Koala-Kangaroo hybrid that can box. I just can´t hate.

It's insane 4200 ATK value almost makes it worth the very specific and non comboable cards it asks for the fusion, but it's lack of an effect makes it not worth wasting your precious extra monster zone on it in these modern times.

Chum-Lee GOT written out of the show and his cards never truly received significant support.

But hey, now you know about yet another Australian thing that can kill you.

Trivia Time! This card has the highest original ATK and DEF of all Level 9 monsters, according to wiki.

Last edited:

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's so little to say about these cards that I'll just do them in one post

Steam Gyroid
Generation 2
User: Syrus Truesdale

Artwork:
latest

Syrus' most famous monster is here from back when he started his adventures in season 1. Steam Gyroid is a level 6, EARTH, Machine-Type Fusion monster.

It sucks. The art is evocative of the toon cards but without anything interesting to set it appart, it's just a helicopter train thing doing the dreamworks face. The purple background looks terrible with the also purple frame.

It's a fusion of 2 very specific cards with no effect, it wasn't useful then, when you could use as many fusions as you wanted, and is sure as hell not worth wasting a precious Extra Monster Zone now,

Roids have received no support since the end of GX, in fact they're so unpopular that if you go to the store and asks for "Roids" everyone there will think you mean Gen 5's "Speedroids"

This is why everyone likes your brother better, Syrus.

Trivia Time! Nada, it doesn't even have any fun trivia....I guess it appears in the artwork of "Dimension Explosion". ??

Cyber Blader
Generation 2
User: Alexis Rhodes

Artwork:
latest

Cyber Blader looks so cool, I love how elegant she looks, the focus of the art is on her legs and her pose really give off the idea that she's a pro skater. The visor she has is badass! i´m a sucker for things like that, and the background makes it looks like she's skating in the sea at sunset. Really lovely.

A level 7, EARTH, Warrior-Type Fusion monster that has an effecf depending on the amoun of mosters your opponent's have. Still, very specific fusion materials and a really low ATK value kill this card.

Alexis Rhodes as a character is pretty much wasted in the anime, and while not the most insulting case of a female character being treated like shit by the writers (Jesus Fucking Christ Blue Angel!!) her cards where never popular enough to get support.

However! The Manga version of Alexis is a great character with a deck so good that it's considered to be her "real deck" by all her fans, even when she appears in Gen 5's Arc-V anime, her anime deck is ignored in favor of her manga deck. The ritual deck Cyber Angels.

Cyber Angels even dominated Duel Links for a good while. They're soooooo superior to her anime ballerinas that it isn't even funny. I guess they still give her Ballerinas in games like Duel Links because they're fusions...but nah man,her ballerinas can´t compare to Cyber Angels, sorry Cyber Blader, you remain a useless forgotten card.

Trivia Time! This card eerily resembles "Destiny HERO Blademaster"

Master of Oz
Generation 2
User: Chum-Lee Hufflington

Artwork:

A level 9, EARTH, Beast-Type Fusion monster wielded by GX´s comic relief among comic reliefs Chum-Lee

The arwork is nice, I mean it has a background which is something I already said I appreciate, and the drawing is weirdly detailed. A giant Koala-Kangaroo hybrid that can box. I just can´t hate.

It's insane 4200 ATK value almost makes it worth the very specific and non comboable cards it asks for the fusion, but it's lack of an effect makes it not worth wasting your precious extra monster zone on it in these modern times.

Chum-Lee GOT written out of the show and his cards never truly received significant support.

But hey, now you know about yet another Australian thing that can kill you.

Trivia Time! This card has the highest original ATK and DEF of all Level 9 monsters, according to wiki.

Man I wish the anime would've done Alexis more justice. Best girl deserves better. Should've used Cyber Angels.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Not reading it is one of my mistakes. I love GX and the manga was always supposed to be pretty good.
I can't recommend the Viz ap shonen jump subscription highly enough. $2 a month for a 100 chapters a day and access to the entirety of a bunch of classic runs including Dragonball, one piece and Naruto, along with all the Yu-GI-Oh manga including the original runs
Edit provided your in NA and still want to check em out

Cyber Dragon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
We have reached the peak of Generation 2. This is the GOOD shit.

Cyber Dragon
Generation 2
User: Zane Truesdale

Artwork:

Latest Artwork:
latest

Possible the single most popular Gen 2 card here. A card that is extremely relevant today, years later.

Zane Truesdale was the most powerful duelist in all of Duel Academy, he even wiped the floor with our protagonist Jaden in their first encounter and proceeded to be one of the characters that was the most fun to watch as he descended into the dark path of underground duels. His signature monster was a level 5, LIGHT, Machine-Type Effect Monster. Cyber Dragon.

Cyber Dragon's art is extremely simple, what I like about it is how effective the blue background works with the creature´s white body. the creature design reminds me of something out of 80's sci-fi movies, a bulky robotic dragon. Simple and effecive. Funnily enough Cyber Dragon technology eventually suffered from Iron Man syndrome where with every upgrade the tech of the dragon became less bulky and robotic and more flat out robo-magic...I dig that.

Cyber Dragon's alternate arts are my favorite because they represent Zane's descent into the dark side, when he starts dueling in illegal underground circles for money and adrenaline rushes, his cards start reflecting that and transform from bright white dragons to Dark, more aggresive looking versions of themselves. I really really love that which is why I consider Cyber Dragon's alternate art to be the most justified change of artwork in the game, unlike say, Dark Magician's non stop design changes for no real reason.

Another cool thing about Cyber Dragon is how it keeps getting new "Models" as time passes, 15 years of advancements are not lost on Cyber Dragon, with new versions each labeled with a German number releasing from time to time.

(See? Iron Man Syndrome)

This really makes me feel like there's a Cyber Dragon version of Apple out there pumpling new versions of their original blocky Ipod evey time they can. I love it.

As a card game Cyber Dragon was....an absolute game changer. There is a "YGO Before Cyber Dragon" and "YGO After Cyber Dragon". Player demand for this card was so immensely high that even when it was anounced that the card would be included in promotional tins it still was extremely hard to find one. It was crazy good. The reason being that it's a 2100 ATK monster that has the ability to hit the field without tributes. This gave you either a powerful monster to take out your opponent´s initial low level normal summon or a way to tribute summon a monster in your first turn.

Cyber Dragon also has access to Contact Fusions, in fact Cyber Dragon is so badass that it fuses with your opponent´s monsters.

This is the reason why machine decks not named Cyber Dragon always get screwed by it. Whenever a Machine deck gets too powerful, players just put Cyber Dragon in their deck and Chimeratechs in their Extra and fuse the opponent's machines as they watch helplessly.

Cyber Dragon also uses the incredibly good fusion spell "Power Bond" to fuse normally into some game enders.

But what about the modern times?

Bitch, Cyber Dragon got one of the best Xyz monsters ever released for this game, "Cyber Dragon Infinity"

Which can easily be summoned as Xyz monsters only need that you have monsters with a matching level, so 2 level 5 "Cyber Dragon" will do the trick and get you "Cyber Dragon Nova" and set up "Cyber Dragon Infinity".

"But what about now? Surely the new Link-Era rules limiting extra deck summons screwed this card over, no way a card this old can remain this relevant"

Ahem.

I think you get the point by now. Cyber Dragon is a 10/10 card. It might not be busted enough to be a meta card but it's by far one of the most beloved, popular and consistently good cards out there. Cyber Dragon has so many options and support that it always finds a way to remain useful no matter what. A deck with acces to Fusion, Contact Fusion, Xyz and Link in a consitent way, Cyber Dragon proves that technology always wins.

Trivia time: All Cyber Dragons have the same basic structure inside them, it's called the "Cyber Dragon Core"

And you can see a "Cyber Dragon" being built on top of it in a card artwork

Last edited:

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great work, I am enjoying this thread a lot, I think the last time I played Yu Gi Oh was when it introduce the Elemental Heroes.

.n_n.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down to read a Blue Eyes review. The new cards introduced in the latest movie were cool as hell and the archetype has had a lot of other support over the years.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Cyber Dragon is amazing, I remember when some friends were so hyped for it that they even got the full box sets of cybernetic revolution to get the most of it. I prefer the original SR Cyber Dragon since the foiled looks great, it was (still?) splashable on many decks. The general deck is about getting huge attack monsters quickly, OTKs and get damage even through pierce.

Fortress is pretty good even on non cyber dragon focused decks since it works against opponent's machine type decks especially those that love swarming the field.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Ahh. The classic Cyber Twin Dragon + Limiter Removal OTK before they banned the latter. The best part is it's a quickplay spell that modified ATK, so you could wait until the damage step and only counter traps would work, which were weak to MSTs and Dust Tornados.