• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
The Claw of Hermos has potential as a side deck option, IMO. Time Magic Hammer is (if I'm reading it right) non-targetting removal for at least 1 turn and could help break lockdowns if there's a spellcaster archetype with lots of monster spam that's relevant that can afford to slot it in. The other two options are far less interesting but at least the Dragon variant has whacky OTK potential

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Claw of Hermos has potential as a side deck option, IMO. Time Magic Hammer is (if I'm reading it right) non-targetting removal for at least 1 turn and could help break lockdowns if there's a spellcaster archetype with lots of monster spam that's relevant that can afford to slot it in. The other two options are far less interesting but at least the Dragon variant has whacky OTK potential
I feel like there will always be way better options, especially since extra deck space is pretty tight nowadays

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

You need
a) An Extra Monster Zone to summon it
b) A monster to equip it to

I feel like there's probably way better options

The Fang of Critias
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The Fang of Critias
Generation 1: Duel Monsters
User: Seto Kaiba

Artwork:
latest

i-hate-u Hit it!

After a mysterious challenge from Maximillion Pegasus, Kaiba returns to Duelist Kingdom to find answers about the mysterious company that is in the process of forcefully acquiring Kaiba Corp. After a brief duel it is revealed that this Pegasus is an imposter, this imposter corners Kaiba with "The Seal of Orichalcos". But after a fierce resistance, Kaiba is chosen by the third legendary dragon, Critias.

Critias has the ability to combine with Kaiba's Trap cards, and absorb their power. Naturally Kaiba wastes no time in coming up with some hilarious powerful new Dragons. In the TCG, Critias is a Normal Spell Card.

Critias is by far the only legendary dragon that is truly memorable and well designed, so much so that it's card art barely changes it's anime design:
TheFangofCritias-EN-Anime-DM.png

The design manages to stand on its own with barely some small touches, I do appreciate the TCG version looking more ferocious though. The background in the anime was boring and uninspired so I'm a bit disappointed in them for keeping it.

Critias is, so far, the only fusion spell that can fuse Trap cards. By using a trap that's set in your field or is in your hand, Critias will absorb the power of the trap and become a fusion monster.

So if you use Kaiba's "Tyrant Wing" you get
latest

Or maybe a more well known Kaiba card like "Crush Card Virus"
latest

And my personal favorite good ol' "Mirror Force"
latest

God these are SO COOL.

Critias received support in the form of a new fusion with "Rings of Destruction"
latest

TRIVIA TIME!

The fusion of Critias and Blue eyes. Has sadly never been released

Next up a card that embodies THAT asshole kid who said his powers were infinity PLUS ONE.

Last edited:

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Fang of Critias OST has no business being as good as it is.
Then again, the original Yugioh OST is seriously under-rated.

Noticed you didn't mention their Knight version:
latest

But I understand, talk about underwhelming.:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
The Fang of Critias

Artwork:
latest

i-hate-u Hit it!

After a mysterious challenge from Maximillion Pegasus, Kaiba returns to Duelist Kingdom to find answers about the mysterious company that is in the process of forcefuly acquiring Kaiba Corp. After a brief duel it is revealed that this Pegasus is an imposter, this imposter corners Kaiba with "The Seal of Orichalcos". But after a fierce resistance, Kaiba is chosen by the third legendary dragon, Critias.

Critias has the ability to combine with Kaiba's Trap cards, and absorb their power. Naturally Kaiba wastes no time in coming up with some hilarious powerful new Dragons. In the TCG, Critias is a Normal Spell Card.

Critias is by far the only legendary dragon that is truly memorable and we'll designed, so much so that it's card art barely changes it's anime design:
TheFangofCritias-EN-Anime-DM.png

The design manages to stand on its own with barely some small touches, I do appreciate the TCG version looking more ferocious though. The background in the anime was boring and uninspired so I'm a bit disappointed in them for keeping it.

Critias is, so far, the only fusion spell that can fuse Trap cards. By using a trap that's set in your field or is in your hand, Critias will absorb the power of the trap and become a fusion monster.

So if you use Kaiba's "Tyrant Wing" you get
latest

Or maybe a more well known Kaiba card like "Crush Card Virus"
latest

And my personal favorite good ol' "Mirror Force"
latest

God those are SO COOL.

Critias received support in the form of a new fusion with "Rings of Destruction"
latest

TRIVIA TIME!

The fusion of Critias and Blue eyes. Has sadly never been released

Next up a card that embodies THAT asshole kid who said his powers were infinity PLUS ONE.
Oh man, I nearly forgot about the fusion with Blue-Eyes, had a figure of that dragon back in the day.

Obelisk The Tormentor
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Obelisk The Tormentor

Original Artwork:

71q91joIIoL._SY606_.jpg

Latest Artwork:
1110927.jpg

"The descent of this mighty creature shall be heralded by burning winds and twisted land. And with the coming of this horror, those who draw breath shall know the true meaning of eternal slumber."

The Last Egyptian God has come.

Seto Kaiba was confronted by Izhizu Ishtar, an egyptian lady who claim to know about Kaiba's past, true past. She informs him that he is the reincarnation of an ancient priests which fought a legendary battle with the Pharaoh whose spirit now lives on in the Millennium Puzzle. Ishizu warns Kaiba about the dangers of Marik and his rare hunters before entrusting him with the power of this Level 10, DIVINE, Divine-Beast Type Effect Monster.

And look, I know I'll get flack for this, but I've never been able to not see this card's design as anything more than a discount "Exodia, The Forbidden one", from its body type and the adorned head to angry eyes with exposed teeth, this is even more apparent when you see Takahashi's 2nd artwork for the card.

The all blue color scheme looks flat to me, and I guess Takahashi noticed this too because now he always draws him with markings through his body, it doesn't look too bad that way. Still even if I have my issues with the design, it is impossible to deny this card is an extremely iconic design that is memorable for many.

Obelisk is the best of the three Egyptian gods from a gameplay perspective. Obelisk has the same protations on summon that the other gods, but adds protection against being targeted. That means your opponent can only take it down with cards that won't select him as their specific target, such as "Dark Hole".

The card in the amime could tribute 2 other monsters to reach ∞ ATK. That's right. Unlimited Power!!!...But that's impossible to do on a TCG so he'll just destroy every monster your opponent controls, but won't be able to attack, fair trade. Obelisk has a fixed amount of attack that it's not tied to your hand or LP, that's good. And 4000 ATK is pretty high!!

Obelisk requiring 3 tributes and 2 more monsters as a tribute means he'said been outclassed by pretty much every single extra deck mechanic. Still it can be played to a somewhat positive effect, unlike Ra.

TRIVIA TIME.

Obelisk is Kaiba's Ultimate Attack in "Jump Force", and like everything in that game, it looks like ass.

Jump-Force-Seto-Kaiba-2-890x606.jpg

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang it fj, you're making me consider dumping a bunch of money into decks I have no one to use against again. Cyber Dragons and Blue Eyes...

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just went back to read how Link Monsters work and how the playing field was changed. How do people still play this game lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Just went back to read how Link Monsters work and how the playing feild was changed. How do people still play this game lol.

Being very careful on where I'm putting my cards

A fair amount stopped playing with how it was implemented. It might be better now, but it still sounds like the most complicated addition because you can't really ignore it... unless you have a ritual deck.

This.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just went back to read how Link Monsters work and how the playing feild was changed. How do people still play this game lol.

A fair amount stopped playing with how it was implemented. It might be better now, but it still sounds like the most complicated addition because you can't really ignore it... unless you have a ritual deck.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's pretty much what I was thinking. It sounds like Konami wanted to try and balance the game by limiting extra deck use, but instead it just seems to restrict how creatively a player can construct a deck because nearly every viable deck requires a Link monster to even use a deck to it's fullest potential.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
First of all, any plans to tackle Polymerization? I know it's my third time asking this, but if this is really not all that popular then I would understand.

Thank you for reading.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
First of all, any plans to tackle Polymerization? I know it's my third time asking this, but if this is really not all that popular then I would understand.

Thank you for reading.

It's not going to be "Polymerization" exclusive per se. But there will be a Polymerization review post for sure

Edit: In fact, I think I'll do it after tonight's card.

Last edited:

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My first ever Japanese pack I bought as a kid from GameStop (or whatever it was at that time) was a Water Omotics.

I was the GOD among fellow Yu-Gi-Oh friends at the time.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
We never got a valid explanation on how Kaiba was able to summon Obelisk the Tormentor in Dark Side of Dimensions.

Dark Magician Girl
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Dark Magician Girl
User: Yugi Muto

Original Artwork :
51sRdkQtWYL.jpg

Latest Artwork:
5128ko18uJL.jpg

Everyone's Waifu is here!

Agni Kai I never answered your DMG questions because I wanted to save a lot of it for this review.

During his time in Battle City, Yugi is confronted by Arkana, a high ranking rare hunter who also has two copies of the extremely rare "Dark Magician". Both Duelists Duel in a death game were saws approach their locked feet every time they lose LP...or maybe they're poorly edited dark energy discs that send you to the shadow realm...Who knows really?

Yugi eventually wins the Duel by summoning a different kind of Dark Magician. A Level 6, DARK, Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster. Dark Magician Girl.

258F4876D4097399F2E299B0EE2AA8FD7BCAADB2

And thus, millions of horny pre teens latched their fantasies on a single card design that's...well it's ok, The blue and pink armor looks good,her face is cute and the Dark Magic Circle looks nice on it. I don't mind the design team reducing her boobs because, the change to the pentagram in her chest for a red jewel is much much better looking and feel even more natural than the edgy pentagram.

Her art I feel doesn't make her feel as powerful as Dark Magician or even makes me think of her as his apprentice, which is why I like her 4th artwork the best because it makes her mirror the pose of the OG Dark Magician. also like her TCG unreleased Takahashi art, even if it's suggestive. Overall her design is much consistent than Dark Magician's and she looks bubbly and cute in all of her artworks. The cliché pink heart backgrounds suck tho. Leave the Dark Magic Circle alone!

As a card DMG is not very good, she requires 1 tribute for 2000 ATK and a pretty non threatening effect, thankfully in that unnecessary epiloguemovie that should never have happened, Yugi, free from the Pharaoh reigning him in, went full weeb with his deck and filled it with "Magician Girl" waifus, designed to bring DMG to a new level.

515VfkfNZPL.jpg

First off all...THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER SPINE!?, Second this just one of many "Magician Girl" created to support DMG

If Waifu deck is not your thing, there's been support so you can build a "master & apprentice deck"

Still the Magician girls put too much focus on needing the opponent to attack them for their effects to activate, and the Dark Magician Deck is better off having his superior ancient Egyptian apprentice instead
51XJ-RKyh6L.jpg

TRIVIA TIME

Kazuki Takahashi is very protective of his art and won't allow any changes to his art, for that reason along several other cards, Dark Magician Girl having fun with her wand won't see the light of the TCG

Last edited:

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Dark Magician Girl
User: Yugi Muto

Original Artwork :
51sRdkQtWYL.jpg

Latest Artwork:
5128ko18uJL.jpg

Everyone's Waifu is here!

Agni Kai I never answered your DMG questions because I wanted to save a lot of it for this review.

During his time in Battle City, Yugi is confronted by Arkana, a high ranking rare hunter who also has two copies of the extremely rare "Dark Magician". Both Duelists Duel in a death game were saws approach their locked feet every they lose LP...or maybe they're poorly edited dark energy discs that send you to the shadow realm...Who knows really?

Yugi eventually wins the Duel by summoning a different kind of Dark Magician. A Level 6, DARK, Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster. Dark Magician Girl.

258F4876D4097399F2E299B0EE2AA8FD7BCAADB2

And thus, millions of horns pre teens latched their fantasies on a single card design that's...well it's ok, The blue and pink armor looks good,her face is cute and the Dark Magic Circle looks nice on it. I don't mind the design team reducing her boobs because, the change to the pentagram in her chest for a red jewel is much much better looking and feel even more natural than the edgy pentagram.

Her art I feel doesn't make her feel as powerful as Dark Magician or even makes me think of her as his apprentice, which is why I like her 4th artwork the best because it makes her mirror the pose of the OG Dark Magician. also like her TCG unreleased Takahashi art, even if it's suggestive. Overall her design is much consistent than Dark Magician's and she looks bubbly and cute in all of her artworks. The cliché pink heart backgrounds suck tho. Leave the Dark Magic Circle alone!

As a card DMG is not very good, she requires 1 tribute for 2000 ATK and a pretty non threatening effect, thankfully in that unnecessary epiloguemovie that should never have happened, Yugi, free from the Pharaoh reigning him in, went full weeb with his deck and filled it with "Magician Girl" waifus, designed to bring DMG to a new level.

515VfkfNZPL.jpg

First off all...THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER SPINE!?, Second this just one of many "Magician Girl" created to support DMG

If Waifu deck is not your thing, there's been support so you can build a "master & apprentice deck"

Still the Magician girls put too much focus on needing the opponent to attack them for their effects to activate, and the Dark Magician Deck is better off having his superior ancient Egyptian apprentice instead
51XJ-RKyh6L.jpg

TRIVIA TIME

Kazuki Takahashi is very protective of his art and won't allow any changes to his art, for that reason along several other cards, Dark Magician Girl having fun with her wand won't see the light of the TCG

Thank you so much for this. I'm a shameless person who is about to invest money in a deck full of waifus.

I'm gonna buy few more booster packs of the Dark Side of Dimensions series until I get my Dark Magician Girls. If I'm not lucky, I guess I will just order them online.

Do you happen to know a trusty and reliable website I can buy specific cards from?

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
My first ever Japanese pack I bought as a kid from GameStop (or whatever it was at that time) was a Water Omotics.

I was the GOD among fellow Yu-Gi-Oh friends at the time.
That's awesome.

I had almost no exposure to OCG cards when I was young, hell, I saw more bootleg OCG cards than authentic cards. I actually used like 6 boots in my Exodia deck at locals and no one had a problem with it.

I did later see a bunch of OCG Structure Decks at a mall kiosk in like 2006(?) including the Japan only character decks. I ended up with the Joey deck with that glorious ultra uncensored Foolish Burial.

Maybe Konami will release it in the Lost Art Promotion. They did Call of the Haunted and that had a cross.

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you so much for this. I'm a shameless person who is about to invest money in a deck full of waifus.

I'm gonna buy few more booster packs of the Dark Side of Dimensions series until I get my Dark Magician Girls. If I'm not lucky, I guess I will just order them online.

Do you happen to know a trusty and reliable website I can buy specific cards from?
I really like tradingcardmint.com

I've been using this site for about 10 years and have always been satisfied.

Only problem is that the site pretty much only has newer cards.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Short story: Back in the fifth grade I used to be the hottest kid in my group because I was the only one with Japanese yugioh cards, even the Duelist Kingdom prize cards. As an idiot that I was, I used them in my deck fully knowing that Battle City rules were in placed in the band room, and because of it I lost my precious Dark Magician with a tan. That was a hard hit in an itself, but little did I know that he stole my Dark Magician Girl when he used exchange earlier. The next day, I kept telling him to give it back, but no budge and after a long stare down I challenged him to a rematch for double or nothing. I won, but because of the fire alarm suddenly ringing, that I think his friend pulled, he tried to pull a fast one on me by running away. No go, as I threw my tuba at him knocking him to the floor, and took back what was rightfully mine.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Short story: Back in the fifth grade I used to be the hottest kid in my group because I was the only one with Japanese yugioh cards, even the Duelist Kingdom prize cards. As an idiot that I was, I used them in my deck fully knowing that Battle City rules were in placed in the band room, and because of it I lost my precious Dark Magician with a tan. That was a hard hit in an itself, but little did I know that he stole my Dark Magician Girl when he used exchange earlier. The next day, I kept telling him to give it back, but no budge and after a long stare down I challenged him to a rematch for double or nothing. I won, but because of the fire alarm suddenly ringing, that I think his friend pulled, he tried to pull a fast one on me by running away. No go, as I threw my tuba at him knocking him to the floor, and took back what was rightfully mine.

What did I just read. This is awesome.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I remember doing "Battle City Rules" games with my friends when I was 12, an older dude came in and challenged me to a tag Duel, one of his friends would be my partner. He and his partner used a stall burn deck while my tag team partner sabotaged my plays all to take my DMG from me, I obviously lost. Being a kid I took it and ran away crying.

Then these 3 older motherfuckers tell on me with my teacher, and the teacher instead of taking the opportunity to give us a lesson about the dangers of gambling, forced me to give my DMG.

Years Later 20 y/o me is playing at a local store when the same guy comes in and apparently didn't recognize me, and he challenged me with the very same stall deck.

It really was a shame when all those stall effects got negated by Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
tumblr_ngwkp3VP5k1s9gsu0o8_250.gif

I didn't get my card back, but that was really satisfying.

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
That is one awesome yugioh tale!

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
I remember doing "Battle City Rules" games with my friends when I was 12, am older dude came in and challenged me to a tag Duel, one of his friends would be my partner. He and his partner used a stall burn deck while my tag team partner sabotaged my plays all to take my DMG from me, I obviously lost. Being a kid I took it and ran away crying.

Then these 3 older motherfuckers tell on me with my teacher, and the teacher instead of taking the opportunity to give us a lesson about the dangers of gambling, forced me to give my DMG.

Years Later 2y/o me is playing at a local store when the same guy comes in and apparently didn't recognize me, and he challenged me with the very same stall deck.

It really was a shame when all those stall effects got negated by Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
tumblr_ngwkp3VP5k1s9gsu0o8_250.gif

I didn't get my card back, but that was really satisfying.
Sorry to double post but this one is also quite a trip!