• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I was gonna ask with NGE on Netflix which Yu-Gi-Oh cards are thematically simillar to it...I guess these count?

Also the fact GX had a few references like Asuka and Rei

Well there's this, but it's anime filler

I can't wait until we get to the amazingly shit card that is the true "boss" of the sacred beasts. It's so fucking bad

Bold of you to assume I´m even doing a full review for it and not a mention under the "Support" part of the last Sacred Beast with a comment on how much it sucks

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, fun fact relevant to the current review monsters: Sacred beasts currently have a chance of getting a structure deck. The next OCG structure deck is being decided by vote. 20 themes were chosen for the intial voting round, and sacred beasts actually managed to get in the top 5 themes for the round allowing it to get to the next round of voting. Personally would rather Shadolls (who actually won the initial voting round) win out of the remaining themes since they're fun to play and have a chance of actually becoming competitive again with the right support

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, fun fact relevant to the current review monsters: Sacred beasts currently have a chance of getting a structure deck. The next OCG structure deck is being decided by vote. 20 themes were chosen for the intial voting round, and sacred beasts actually managed to get in the top 5 themes for the round allowing it to get to the next round of voting. Personally would rather Shadolls (who actually won the initial voting round) win out of the remaining themes since they're fun to play and have a chance of actually becoming competitive again with the right support

Anything but charmers.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
How is Sims 4 on PS4 now? Heard it was a pretty bad port on release but wondering if it has been improved at all since then. I asked in the current Sims thread but no response.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I see Uria will be next, and I can already tell that you will say some not-so-nice things about it. Personally I have a soft spot for it because it focuses on Continuous Traps, which contains of all things, Trap Monsters (hoping you will mention them too) and some cards with great effects like Imperial Order and Anti-Spell Fragrance. Plus, it synergises with them by powering itself up when you have them in the graveyard.

Speaking of Continuous Traps, I don't think you will cover it since the real game only has a fraction of cards from the user (the main character's professor-turned-spirit), but I would like to know what you think of Macro Cosmos. That card is interesting because it's not used for the Special Summoning effect, but its banishment effect, and it's on the Limited list for that reason.

Still am looking forward to seeing something from Abyss Actor even though they're not the most popular. In fact I felt there is a huge imbalance with the Arc-V characters since some of the characters never won a duel on their own (including the user of this archetype, sadly).

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Uria and the rest will take a while. My hands are full with all the Final exams I have

Next Friday I'll be Free at Last

Deleted member 2954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the next Yugioh anime being either: back to basics with no new summoning mechanics or something with AR tech, which was kind of? Done in Zexel

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think that full power Dragon Rulers would go right back to being a Tier Zero deck in 2019. He'll, even just the monsters alone would make the dangers look tame.

Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
Generation 2: GX
Users: Kagemaru

Artwork:

Now that I have a semblance of freedom back in my life, I can now spend what little free time I have ranting about children's trading cards.

During Kagemaru's face-off against Jaden, he used his continuous trap cards to summon this level 10, FIRE, Pyro-Type Monster, the second of the sacred beasts, a monster that gets it's power from trap cards, Uria! Lord of Searing Flames!

Yeah, that's Slifer. Like, I´m not even going to pretend any effort was put into differentiating this card from Slifer, the body is the same, the wings and claws are slightly tweaked and the back of it's head is spikier I guess. The main difference with Slifer's design is the face. While Slifer having two mouths is actually pretty fucking dumb, at least the card was given a lore that explains that it's second mouth can fire a different type of energy, thus activating it's second effect of weakening monsters. With Uria....it's fucking face is inside a mouth! What? How does that even work? Is the red thing a monster that just so happened to eat a slightly smaller monster? Maybe Uria killed Slifer and it's now wearing it's skin, trying to pretend it's the beloved Egyptian God for some nefarious purposes? Seriously LOOK AT THIS:
300px-Uria.jpg

How in the actual fuck is having your face inside a mouth useful in any real way? Well, GX never cared to provide any sort of explanation for this madness, all I'm left with is an extremely cheap ripoff of Slifer with an even stupider face. Background is more visible but it just helps in making Uria feel even more like a ripoff due to how similar it is to the Egyptian God's shared background, I kknow I said I would try to distance the Sacred Beasts from the Egyptian Gods but fuuuuucking hell, that's just way too blatant to ignore.

Gameplaywise, you can special summon Uria by *Checks notes* sending 3 face up continuous trap cards on the field to the graveyard. Yeah, good luck with that one. Continous traps nowadays are either a key part of your strategy that should remain face up as much as possible, or a quick one off card that you use to disrupt your opponen, like "Fiendish Chain" so summoning this card is pretty much not worth it in any scenario, and that's mostly because of how terrible it's effects are. It's attack is determined by the amount of continous traps in your graveyard, but given how few of those you're actually running, you'll probably always end up with a 3000 ATK monster, which is far from impressive. It's effect to destroy spells and traps is nice and you can use it knowing your opponent won't be able to disrupt it...But why would you ever use Uria to destroy spells when cards like this one exist?

This card does the same but better, by being a fairly easy to summon Xyz monster. So guess what? Uria sucks in design and as a card too!

In terms of support, I will now talk about one Sacred Beast support card that is actually really good. "Dark Summoning Beast"

Dark Summoning Beast let's you summon any Sacred Beast ignoring it's summoning conditions, so it's a really nice way to summon a 0 ATK Uria!...or any of the other 2 beasts for way better results. It will also search for any sacred beasts if you banish it from the graveyard. This is probably the best support the Sacred Beasts have gotten...and will get for a while lol.

You see, there was an online voting competition to determine which theme would get to have it's own structure deck filled with lots of new support come december. Many fans voted for the Sacred Beasts to the point they were in the top 5 finalists.Many people thought they were actually going to get the spotlight in the new Structure Deck. Today, it was anounced that the winner was "Shadolls" a Fusion Deck of creepy string dolls

It helps that Shaddolls were actually good to begin with.

Sacred Beasts can't catch a break can they?

TRIVIA TIME!

Keeping with the Evangelion-esque theme we got going (Go watch Evangelion on Netflix! It's really really good!) Uria also references Judeo-Christianity, as it's a different spelling of "Uriah" meaning "The Lord is my light"

Next up!
lightning_striking_tree.jpg

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently running a Uria deck with Odion in Duel Links that's filled with Trap Monsters and it's actually pretty fun to play, even if it's not the most viable deck in the world. I've been topping out at Gold rank... but when I win matches with it, the victories are hilarious.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so that is the actual card art? I thought you were making a joke at first. That's so lazy.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Spellbooks and Madolche are my favorite archetypes of all time, so when they got knocked out I was ready to watch the world burn.

At least Shadolls are mostly Spellcasters, so a small miracle might occur and the new cards are generic enough that they can be thrown into a Spellbook deck.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, while they might not get a structure deck, I'd be shocked if the theme poll wasn't also used to gauge interest in other future support. So I'd still expect support for sacred beasts in the near future.

Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
Users: Kagemaru

Artwork:

Here it is, the one Sacred Beast I actually like!

The Climax of GX season has Kagemaru, leader of the Shadow Raiders using this level 10, LIGHT, Thunder-Type monster against Jaden Yuki.

Hamon has a design that is unique enough to set it apart from the Egyptian God it's based on, The golden skeleton design is very unique and it looks imposing, the posing shows of the cool spikes in its hands and also gives us a good look at it's head which has a similar design to Raviel's which I already mentioned I really liked. I feel like this is the one design that doesn't immediately remind me of an Egyptian God. Hamon can stand on its own so it's immediately the best sacred beast.

While it's summoning condition is as dumb as Uria's (Except i requires 3 Continuous Spell cards), Hamon is actually playable!, first of all it has a fixed 4000 ATK which means summoning it with "Dark Summoning Beast" will at least get you a high ATK Monster. That High ATK has it's reward as every time this card destroys a monster it will inflict 1000 additional damage to your opponent. Hamon also has defensive capabilities, as playing it in defense position not only gives you a massive 4000 DEF wall but it's 2nd effect will direct all attacks to this wall. I say that this is the most useful Sacred Beast!

While nowadays you will probably bring Hamon out with "Dark Summoning Beast", the "Crystal Beast" Deck has used Hamon as a a beater for a long time, as the Crystal Beasts are Continuous Spell cards on the field after being destroyed, which means you can use them to summon Hamon. While you might think that Hamon also got buffed with the introduction of Pendulum Monsters, I'm afraid Pendulum cards are not formally treated as "Continuous" spells on the field, and as such can't be used to bring out Hamon. Sad times....

And now....We have to address the final piece of support for the Sacred Beasts....if you somehow manage to get all three on the field. You can start a contact fusion with them and summon the Ultimate Sacred Beast, the most powerful phantasm....

J.K.-Simmons-Laugh.gif

THAT THING IS SO BAD, LMAO. Ok ok, I'm fine....NO I'M NOT

tumblr_inline_o1vsx1VMWW1tzyu9y_500.gif

You just wasted three incredible hard to summon monsters for a 0/0 monster that buffs itself 10 000 during your turn only, with NO protection against effects, and that will become a 0 ATK piece of nothing in the next turn. And it cannot be destroyed by battle! Meaning it's a 0 ATK monster with no protection that your opponent can keep attacking int their turns for free damage. 10 000 ATK might sound intimidating, but as I keep saying over and over, ATK doesn't mean shit without a strategy, and this card is just so hilariously bad that it makes no sense to ever summon it. The individual pieces of the fusion are more useful than this card will ever be. LMAO.

TRIVIA TIME

In the Arc-V manga, the main villain, Eve, uses cards based on past YGO series boss monsters

One of her cards is a "Phantom" card, which is the japanese name for the Sacred Beasts, and it's pretty much a fusion of the 3 beast with an actual effect.....and a fucking weird design that looks nothing like the Sacred Beasts

Phantasm Emperor Trilojig/ Sacred Beast Emperor Trilojig
3 Level 10 monsters
If this card is Special Summoned, OR if a monster is Special Summoned from your GY while this card is in the Monster Zone: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that monster's original ATK. You can only use the effect of "Phantasm Emperor Trilojig" once per turn.

Poor Sacred Beasts man....But that's what they get for being cheap ripoffs.

*Mic Drop*

NEXT UP!

AromaticFixedCow-size_restricted.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fantastic thread, and you provide some incredibly-thorough explanations that give context to someone like me who stopped playing after the Gen 1 era.

But, I'm still not certain what Pot of Greed does?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Armityle is so, so, so bad. While the god card equivalent Holactie is honestly even harder to bring out and can't use cheaty methods like using cards like prisma to copy the name of one of the summoning requirements, at least bringing it out straight up wins the game for you instead of being a completely and utterly terrible card.

Also one of the funniest things about Armityle is that if you have even two traps in your graveyard, it's 10000 attack on your turn is no longer even superior to the combined attack of the three sacred beasts you would be using to summon it lol. And if you summoned Uria normally and thus have at least 3 traps in the graveyard you now have less attack and no useful effects as a result of summoning this shitty boss monster lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok now that the fake gods are done can we do the much superior Manga original Planet series? So much better both from a design and gameplay standpoint

Super Conductor Tyranno
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Super Conductor Tyranno
Users: Tyranno Hasselberry
Artwork:

ALL RIGHT SOLDIERS LISTEN UP! THIS CARD HERE IS FULL OF DINO DNA! THE DOCTOR SAYS IT MAKES YOU STRONGER THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE! UNDERSTOOD? GOOD!

Tyranno Hasselberry is known for being the first character to use a Dinosaur deck effectively. And of course, for having some of dat DINO DNA.

Hasselberry is a weird character, he's introduced in what appears to be the ultimate one-off villain of the week episode, he comes out of nowhere as a character demanding to be moved up to obelisk blue, then the gang finds out he's been stealing duel disks, Jaden confronts him and they duel, Jaden wins and he realizes the errors of his ways and says he's sorry, episode is about to end....And then he just moves in with Jaden and proclaims he will be part of the team from now on....And he does!

Hasselberry is a really fun character despite his addition not being meaningful to the greater plot, but if I have to give credit to GX for something, is for remembering people of color exist. Between Hasselberry and Axel Brody, GX shows that not only white/asian looking folks can be great duelists.

Hasselberry doesn´t really have an ace card per se, he always pulls up the craziest Dinosaur designs one after the other, but the play that struck the most with me is this one:

Where he just casually summons a 3300 ATK, Level 8, LIGHT, Dinosaur Type Monster, Super Conductor Tyranno!

In terms of design, I´m not really a fan of Super Conductor Tyranno, I feel like for all that DINO DNA!, the card doesn't really look like a T-Rex, it looks more like an Iguana, the metal implants of the monster are plain and look very bland and doesn't communicate very well the idea that this card is well...A Super Conductor. The background adds lightning to it to sell you that this card is somehow tied to electricity, but I still don't see it. I think much more could be done with the concept of a super powerful cyborg Dinosaur. Could be way better.

Gameplay-wise, Super Conductor is one of the few cards to break what we fans call "The Rule of 3000", which is that no monster with an attack higher than 3000 can be normal summoned, usually they're either Extra Deck monsters or monsters with a "This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set" clause. But not this guy! You can tribute 2 monsters and get a 3300 Beatstick on the field. or you can actually use your DINO DNA! and play the card effectively like Hasselberry, who summons it with the card "Double Evolution Pill"

Unfortunately, once again, all that DINO DNA! is not enough to save Super Conductor from having a pretty mediocre effect, where you can inflict 1000 LP damage to your opponent but not get to attack with Tyranno that turn. With all the crazy cards I've already reviewed, you pr,bably already know that there's way better options to burn your opponent or beat it with high ATK points.

But the power of DINO DNA! is too strong to be contained, as Dinosaurs recently rose to meta-level tiers with brand new support, and when I say Dinosaur deck I mean just Dinosaur type monsters in a well built deck, as the Dinosaur deck doesn't really need an Archetype to work. (Even though Dinosaur archetypes such as "Jurrac" exist)

The support came in the form of "Ultimate Conductor Tyranno", one of the best cards I´ve ever seen.

With the Ultimate levels of DINO DNA!, Ultimate Conductor can be special summoned simply by banishing 2 Dinos in your graveyard this card can destroy 1 monster on the field and if it does it will flip all monsters your opponent controls to face-down defense position, this effect can be activated during either player's turn, meaning that you can disrupt an extra deck summon with it, as materials for those always need to be face-up for the summon to take place. And that's not all! If this card attacks a face-down defense position monster, it will inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent AND send their defense straight to the graveyard! It's amazing. This card not only provides some insane control to the field but it also has a high 3500 ATK. Probably the best Dinosaur card ever made right here, and it's all thanks to Super Conductor Tyranno for laying the foundation for this card to exist.

This card was very well used in tournament level play, sadly, the coming of Link monsters, which cannot exist face down or in defense position and thus are immune to battle position changing effects, stole some of Ultimate Conductor's lightning.

Support for Dinos doesn't stop there, as some great cards like "Souleating Oviraptor" and "Babycerasaurus" were released alongisde ultimate conductor

Oviraptor will add a Dino to your hand or graveyard and will also be able to destroy 1 of your Dinosaurs and destroy it to summon any Dino in your graveyard, while Babycerasaurus can special summon Dinosaurs from your deck if it gets destroyed by Souleating Oviraptor or Ultimate Conductor's effects. This insane levels of DINO DNA were so dangerous, that Oviraptor had to be limited to 1 per deck in the American TCG, while Babycerasaurus faced the same fate in the Japanese OCG.

Dinosaurs always get shafted in favor of Dragons in YGO, so I'm happy to report that if you were a Dinosaur fan back in the day and are thinking about coming back. The quality is here.

DINO DNA!

TRIVIA TIME!

Both Conductor Tyrannos were first released as the featured card in Structures Decks designed to give Dinos a boost
51-3cJWtOjL.jpg

6000197276609.jpg

NEXT UP! We finally reached the card Mandos has requested for a while!

c99af9bd1350d72448f2e3ccb2bd1847.png

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the second dino structure deck is part of a series reimagining old structure decks, but this time they're not complete fucking garbage lol

I actually had the first Dinosaur structure deck, and since I was still pretty young when it came out it was still much better than any deck I'd made previously despite not being actually very good lol. To an extent I blame the anime though, since the anime, especially the OG anime, was fucking terrible at teaching you how to play the game on anything resembling a basic competent level. Trying to build a deck like Yugi is basically asking to get bricked constantly

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Super Conductor Tyranno
Users: Tyranno Hasselberry
Artwork:

ALL RIGHT SOLDIERS LISTEN UP! THIS CARD HERE IS FULL OF DINO DNA! THE DOCTOR SAYS IT MAKES YOU STRONGER THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE! UNDERSTOOD? GOOD!

Tyranno Hasselberry is known for being the first character to use a Dinosaur deck effectively. And of course, for having some of dat DINO DNA.

Hasselberry is a weird character, he's introduced in what appears to be the ultimate one-off villain of the week episode, he comes out of nowhere as a character demanding to be moved up to obelisk blue, then the gang finds out he's been stealing duel disks, Jaden confronts him and they duel, Jaden wins and he realizes the errors of his ways and says he's sorry, episode is about to end....And then he just moves in with Jaden and proclaims he will be part of the team from now on....And he does!

Hasselberry is a really fun character despite his addition not being meaningful to the greater plot, but if I have to give credit to GX for something, is for remembering people of color exist. Between Hasselberry and Axel Brody, GX shows that not only white/asian looking folks can be great duelists.

Hasselberry doesn´t really have an ace card per se, he always pulls up the craziest Dinosaur designs one after the other, but the play that struck the most with me is this one:

Where he just casually summons a 3300 ATK, Level 8, LIGHT, Dinosaur Type Monster, Super Conductor Tyranno!

In terms of design, I´m not really a fan of Super Conductor Tyranno, I feel like for all that DINO DNA!, the card doesn't really look like a T-Rex, it looks more like an Iguana, the metal implants of the monster are plain and look very bland and doesn't communicate very well the idea that this card is well...A Super Conductor. The background adds lightning to it to sell you that this card is somehow tied to electricity, but I still don't see it. I think much more could be done with the concept of a super powerful cyborg Dinosaur. Could be way better.

Gameplay-wise, Super Conductor is one of the few cards to break what we fans call "The Rule of 3000", which is that no monster with an attack higher than 3000 can be normal summoned, usually they're either Extra Deck monsters or monsters with a "This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set" clause. But not this guy! You can tribute 2 monsters and get a 3300 Beatstick on the field. or you can actually use your DINO DNA! and play the card effectively like Hasselberry, who summons it with the card "Double Evolution Pill"

Unfortunately, once again, all that DINO DNA! is not enough to save Super Conductor from having a pretty mediocre effect, where you can inflict 1000 LP damage to your opponent but not get to attack with Tyranno that turn. With all the crazy cards I've already reviewed, you pr,bably already know that there's way better options to burn your opponent or beat it with high ATK points.

But the power of DINO DNA! is too strong to be contained, as Dinosaurs recently rose to meta-level tiers with brand new support, and when I say Dinosaur deck I mean just Dinosaur type monsters in a well built deck, as the Dinosaur deck doesn't really need an Archetype to work. (Even though Dinosaur archetypes such as "Jurrac" exist)

The support came in the form of "Ultimate Conductor Tyranno", one of the best cards I´ve ever seen.

With the Ultimate levels of DINO DNA!, Ultimate Conductor can be special summoned simply by banishing 2 Dinos in your graveyard this card can destroy 1 monster on the field and if it does it will flip all monsters your opponent controls to face-down defense position, this effect can be activated during either player's turn, meaning that you can disrupt an extra deck summon with it, as materials for those always need to be face-up for the summon to take place. And that's not all! If this card attacks a face-down defense position monster, it will inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent AND send their defense straight to the graveyard! It's amazing. This card not only provides some insane control to the field but it also has a high 3500 ATK. Probably the best Dinosaur card ever made right here, and it's all thanks to Super Conductor Tyranno for laying the foundation for this card to exist.

This card was very well used in tournament level play, sadly, the coming of Link monsters, which cannot exist face down or in defense position and thus are immune to battle position changing effects, stole some of Ultimate Conductor's lightning.

Support for Dinos doesn't stop there, as some great cards like "Souleating Oviraptor" and "Babycerasaurus" were released alongisde ultimate conductor

Oviraptor will add a Dino to your hand or graveyard and will also be able to destroy 1 of your Dinosaurs and destroy it to summon any Dino in your graveyard, while Babycerasaurus can special summon Dinosaurs from your deck if it gets destroyed by Souleating Oviraptor or Ultimate Conductor's effects. This insane levels of DINO DNA were so dangerous, that Oviraptor had to be limited to 1 per deck in the American TCG, while Babycerasaurus faced the same fate in the Japanese OCG.

Dinosaurs always get shafted in favor of Dragons in YGO, so I'm happy to report that if you were a Dinosaur fan back in the day and are thinking about coming back. The quality is here.

DINO DNA!

TRIVIA TIME!

Both Conductor Tyrannos were first released as the featured card in Structures Decks designed to give Dinos a boost
51-3cJWtOjL.jpg

6000197276609.jpg

NEXT UP! We finally reached the card Mandos has requested for a while!

c99af9bd1350d72448f2e3ccb2bd1847.png

Ah yes it is time for Ma'at! Jk, I know you mean.... Supremecy Sun!

The Supremacy Sun
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The Supremacy Sun
Users: Principal McKenzie/Tragoedia (Manga)

Artwork:

Unlike its anime counterpart, the Yu-Gi-Oh GX! manga did put some effort in designing a set of legendary cards to have the plot revolve around. These cards are known as the "Planet Series", were created by Aster Phoenix's father under the influence of the evil spirtit Tragoedia, you see, these cards are so powerful, they drain the energy of the duelists who wield them little by little. Tragoedia wished to absorb enough energy from these cards to eventually break free and achieve it's true form.

The Planet series consists of 10 cards named after celestial bodies, that belong to the serie's strongest duelists:
And finally, a level 10, DARK, Fiend-Type monster, The Supremacy Sun, is said to be the strongest, and is naturally used by the final villain against Jaden and Chazz.

Design wise, the planets are very hit or miss, I really dislike the look of Terra Firma and Uranus (hehehehehe), but love Venus. The Supremacy Sun is in my opinion one of the strongest designs, an armored warrior harnessing the ridiculous among of power of the sun itself. The Black Armor looks designed to withstand the immense amount of heat and those solar flares as wings do look really good. The problem I have with Supremacy Sun is the background, I get it's supposed to be a Solar eclipse, but it feels so simple that makes the card have an air of cheapness that reminds of those cards arts that are just taken straight from the anime. I don't feel like this card or the planet as a whole are memorable enough to carry a plot.

While GX's anime Sacred Beasts are just cheap ripoffs, the manga planets are very uneven designs that don't mesh well with each other, one is a ball, the other is a crocodile, another one is Super hero, and there's an angel in there too. They all share the planet naming but I feel that more connective tissue was needed for these 10 cards to become absolute classics. Overall I don't dislike The Supremacy Sun, but it's just not that strong of a design.

As a card, the Supremacy Sun is bad. It needs 2 tributes and cannot be special summoned except by it's own effect, and it's own effect revives it after being destroyed, during the next Stand-By Phase it will return to your field...If you discard 1 card. Yeah when you compare that self resurrection to the likes of "Stardust Dragon" and "Treeborn Frog", The Supremacy Sun just looks like a lot of trouble for a mediocre resurrection effect effect. I get that it has high ATK, but again, ATK values are meaningless nowadays.

No support exists for any of the Planet series.

Overall, not a fan. Sorry Mandos =/

TRIVIA TIME
The Tyrant Neptune was banned from both TCG and OCG as it could start a near unbeatable lockdown with the "Lyrilusc" cards from Arc-V,specifically by tributing this card and summoning Neptune and then, activate its effect.

I'M FINALLY FREE FROM FINALS, so expect me to continue this last round!

Next Up!

Last edited: