• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 24, 2018

A REVIEW OF SEASON 0 YUGI!!!!!!!!
hqdefault.jpg

Winged Kuriboh
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Winged Kuriboh
Generation 2: GX
Users: Jaden Yuki

Original Artwork:

Latest Artwork:
DL12-EN008.jpg

In what's, for me at least, one of the most iconic "Passing of the torch" moments in anime, local hyperactive kid Jaden Yuki finds himself running late for his enrollment exam at duel academy, he races through the streets of the same Domino City where ten years prior, the "Battle City" tournament took the world by storm. Jaden accidentally had a fateful encounter with none other than Yugi Muto during his run through the city.

Recognizing him as a duelist, Yugi gave Jaden a Level 1, LIGHT, Fairy monster straight from his own deck,"Winged Kuriboh", which Jaden quickly came to realize contained the spirit of the actual monster. From that point on, Jaden always kept this card in his deck, despite it not really meshing with his entire super hero theme. And just like Yugi's OG Kuriboh, it saved Jaden's ass more than once.

Winged Kuriboh is just a Kuriboh with wings, there's very little to say about the design that I haven't already said in the Kuriboh review, however there's a couple of details that are worth mentioning. They're small, but they're there. First of all, Winged Kuriboh has a lighter colored fur, it also has brown colored eyes instead of purple, and it's a bit smaller looking, everything to max out that adorableness and to drive the point that this is a fairy type Winged Kuriboh, as opposed to a Fiend like OG Kuriboh. The background is beautiful, I´m really a succer for that shattered glass look, and I feel like it make this Kuriboh pop. The alternate artwork is a very rare variant that simply ups the adorable level.

Jaden took Winged Kuriboh to the bitter end, where he faced the very man that gave it to him, in a climatic final duel that was sadly cut from the 4kids version in it's entirety, along with GX's final season.
14133252.jpg

Winged Kuriboh's effect is pretty much a better and worse Kuriboh. It's better because it negates every damage you take in the turn it is destroyed, as opposed to Kuriboh who can only negate the damage from 1 battle. And it's worse because it needs to be on the field to do that, unlike Kuriboh which can be activated from the hand. Overall, I'd say OG Kuriboh is better...however! OG Kuriboh doesn't have access to these:

latest

Transcendent wings is a card Jaden obtained from a booster pack he got from an old lady he helped, and it proved to be the key to his victory as it allowed Winged Kuriboh to power up all the way to LV10

Winged Kuriboh LV10 has the ability to destroy your opponent's entire field and deal damage equal to the combined amount of ATK those monsters had, with how difficult it is to summon this card, this effect makes it worth it. Sadly, there's far better options out there for mass destruction and damage, still, a Kuriboh turning into a golden dragon is too cool not to praise.

The GX manga put it's own spin on this with "Winged Kuriboh LV9"

Which is nowhere near as good as it requires to be special summoned by activating it's effect as part of an effect chain link 3, that means being activated in response to a card being activated in response to the activation of another card...That's very situational, and it's effect is just to get buffed for every spell card in your opponent's grave. Not a good card at all.

Winged Kuriboh is a staple of GX, and a really nice spinoff on a classic. That said, it's way too similar looking to the OG, from now on, our Kuribohs will only get crazier.

TRIVIA TIME

Much like Kaiba's Dragons, Kuribohs can be summoned through a flute

That's it for Generation 2. It's been a blast to review it and I'm a bit sad to let it go. We move forward to the last Generation 3 cards.

NEXT UP!
quasars-disappear-head-640x353.jpg

Last edited:

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I wonder, what is the usecase for a card like treeborn frog? It doesnt do any demage, I see no reasony why anyone would ever summon a monster like that, unless you need something to tribute but I think this is also a special summon and could only be done in the turn afterwards, right?

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder, what is the usecase for a card like treeborn frog? It doesnt do any demage, I see no reasony why anyone would ever summon a monster like that, unless you need something to tribute but I think this is also a special summon and could only be done in the turn afterwards, right?
Using it as a tribute is pretty much exactly what it's for, yeah. It activates during your Standby phase so it's basically a free special summon at the beginning of your turn. And since it doesn't get banished when it goes to the Graveyard more than once, you can keep recycling it each turn. Pretty sure there's better options that fulfill similar purposes at this point in the meta, but that would generally be what it's used for if it were in a deck.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Using it as a tribute is pretty much exactly what it's for, yeah. It activates during your Standby phase so it's basically a free special summon at the beginning of your turn. And since it doesn't get banished when it goes to the Graveyard more than once, you can keep recycling it each turn. Pretty sure there's better options that fulfill similar purposes at this point in the meta, but that would generally be what it's used for if it were in a deck.
ahhh, its a free summon, that makes sense then.

Shooting Quasar Dragon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Shooting Quasar Dragon
Generation 3: 5D's
Users: Yusei Fudo

Artwork:

We start of our last venture into Gen 3 with the ultimate Synchro monster. Which appeared in the last season of 5D's, which never made to the english version of the show.

During his battle against Z-ONE, Yusei gets to wield the full power of the Crimson Dragon, making him able to fly in his motorcycle and even reach space. So now we got CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES IN SPACE. During the Battle, Yusei uses his full arsenal, combining both his Clear Mind ability which created "Shooting Star Dragon" and his Signer Power which created "Majestic Star Dragon" to synchronize 5 of the Signer Dragons into a brand new entity, the ultimate synchro summon, which he dubs an "Overlimit Accel Synchro".

That was so freaking dumb, so freaking awesome.

Shooting Quasar Dragon design is basically a bigger, badder Stardust Dragon, however he looks edgier, and even more alien looking, it lacks legs and instead has a body that resembles a spacecraft even more, it's face looks fiercer and it now has 4 wings. again, it is simply a cooler Stardust, and that's great in my book, but the real winner here is the background. It might not look like it at first glance, but this a full background with an actual meaning. It's set in space, to remind you that this Dragon is a space creature, it has a high speed effect underneath it to give us the sense that it's travelling at an insane speed and finally, it's surrounded by 6 synchronization rings, the ones that appear whenever a Synchro Summon happens, each ring colored to represent one of the original Signer Dragon, White for Stardust, Yellow for Life Stream, Light Blue for Ancient Fairy, Red for Red Archfiend, Purple for Black Rose and Black for Black-Winged. I love the details in this card's background and I love how well it all combines to give a sense of power and high speed. One of the best Dragons in the game if I do say so myself!

Shooting Quasar is a BITCH to summon, but it's nowhere nearly as impossible as many other cards we've seen here. If you create a deck dedicated to summon it, you will pull it off more often than not at a casual level. In fact the meme "But can it summon Quasar?" exists because of how hard this card is to summon, but how achievable it is on a well designed deck. Quasar must be Synchro summoned with at least three monsters, their combined levels must be exactly 12 and all of them, even the Tuner, must be Synchro Monsters. Many decks exist for the sole purpose to bring out this card just because you can, and in the Era of Link monster rules restricting the amount of Synchros you can have on the field, pulling it off is even more impressive.

Quasar Dragon rewards you plenty if you manage to summon it, with it's 4000 ATK it is able to attack 1 time for each non-tuner monster used for it's summon, so that's at least 2 4000 ATK blows to your opponent.Once per turn, Shooting Quasar is able to negate the effects of any card that is activated during either player's turn and finally if Shooting Quasar gets destroyed, or leaves the field in any way, it will automatically summon his little brother "Shooting Star Dragon" (Which I reviewed in Round 2) straight from the Extra Deck to help you out.

Quasar is often seen as the ultimate Synchro monster, despite many other versions coming after it. And with good reason, facing a Shooting Quasar Dragon was no easy task back in the day. Unfortunately newer options and cards exist now to make dealing with it easier, but that hasn't made a dent on it's reputation as one of the coolest, strongest monsters in this game.

TRIVIA TIME!
In the anime, we get a glimpse of Future! Yusei's information through a screen in the background, fans were able to enlarge it and find that the card future Yusei uses as it's ultimate card was not the Overlimit Accel Synchro summoned "Shooting Quasar Dragon" and instead talked about a "Cosmic Blazar Dragon" summoned through the weaker "Delta Accel Synchro" technique

Fans expected Cosmic Blazar to be the card that appeared at the very end of the show, and were surprised when it wasn't. Whether it was a placeholder name, or just background gibberish that was never supposed to be read...Fans demanded to know what this "Cosmic Blazar" from the alternate future was, and they got their wish.

As you can see, it's a transition stage between Stardust and Shooting Quasar, with an effect that requires it to leave the field to negate cards and summons, as opposed to shooting Quasar who remains on the field at all times.

Next Up!
amaryllis-300x200.jpg

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shooting Quasar was apparently competitive at one point from what I've heard, since despite being hard to summon it's a pretty good win condition and negation effects are super powerful. It wouldn't be as good now of course due to stuff like Kaiju's really diminishing the value of hard to summon powerful boss monsters

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Back in the day, a good synchro turbo deck could pull out Quasar in one turn if you had three cards in hand (Quickdraw Synchron, Synchron Explorer, Level Eater), all three being ridiculously easy to get (and even if you only had two but didn't have Level Eater, you could still Foolish Burial it and go from there). It was a long ass combo but it was pretty great. But Links and the Extra Monster Zone killed it.

Step 1: Have Quickdraw Synchron (#1), Synchron Explorer (#2) and Level Eater (#3) in hand
(The 3 cards). Alternatively, have a Level Eater in the graveyard and a different monster to discard for Quickdraw.

Step 2: Send Level Eater to the Graveyard to Special Summon Quickdraw Synchron.

Step 3. Decrease Quickdraw's Level by 1 to Special Summon Level Eater from the Graveyard.

Step 4. Synchro Summon Junk Warrior (LV5) [by Tuning Quickdraw Synchron (LV4) with Level Eater (LV1)].

Step 5. Decrease Junk Warrior's Level by 1 to Special Summon Level Eater from the Graveyard.

Step 6. Normal Summon Synchron Explorer, target Quickdraw Synchron in the Graveyard, and Special Summon it.

Step 7. Synchro Summon Road Warrior (LV8) [by Tuning Quickdraw Synchron (LV5) with Synchron Explorer (LV2) and Level Eater (LV1)].

Step 8. Activate Road Warrior's effect to Special Summon Unknown Synchron from your Deck (or any other Level 1 Machine-Type Tuner).

Step 9. Decrease Road Warrior's Level by 1 to Special Summon Level Eater from the Graveyard.

Step 10. Synchro Summon Formula Synchron (LV2) [by Tuning Unknown Synchron (LV1) with Level Eater (LV1)], then draw 1 card. It's optional however recommended.

Step 11. Decrease Road Warrior's (LV7) Level by 1 to Special Summon Level Eater from the Graveyard. It should now be Level 6.

Step 12. Synchro Summon Shooting Quasar Dragon (LV12) by Tuning Formula Synchron (LV2) with Road (LV6) and Junk Warrior (LV4).

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
With the Ultimate levels of DINO DNA!, Ultimate Conductor can be special summoned simply by banishing 2 Dinos in your graveyard this card can destroy 1 monster on the field and if it does it will flip all monsters your opponent controls to face-down defense position, this effect can be activated during either player's turn, meaning that you can disrupt an extra deck summon with it, as materials for those always need to be face-up for the summon to take place. And that's not all! If this card attacks a face-down defense position monster, it will inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent AND send their defense straight to the graveyard! It's amazing. This card not only provides some insane control to the field but it also has a high 3500 ATK. Probably the best Dinosaur card ever made right here, and it's all thanks to Super Conductor Tyranno for laying the foundation for this card to exist.
For all the memes about its complexity, I really miss stuff like this. Things like flipping facedown on face value just means use their likely weaker defense value for combat, but the implications for such a simple mechanic go deeper than that.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
For all the memes about its complexity, I really miss stuff like this. Things like flipping facedown on face value just means use their likely weaker defense value for combat, but the implications for such a simple mechanic go deeper than that.

Link monsters making defense plays even more irrelevant is one more of the large number of issues I have with them

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Cards/archetypes that focused on defence is refreshing I must say, because it's very different from those that rely on attacking stuff to win. Rock decks that focused on bouncing was something I liked, even if it's more difficult to use them now. Then there's Superheavy Samurai, whose unique DEF-value attacking (plus the focus on a Monster-only deck) gives their deck a strong identity.

I know that you have already written about the card that the image represents, but I was guessing that you would have covered Arcana Force XXI - The World. When I see that you have mentioned the end of Gen 2, I was disappointed because it can't be that.

Thank you for reading.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Say what you want about Z-One being a disappointing waste of cool villain concept, but I got chills from the moment Yusei summoned Quasar. I feel like good cards are memorable even if they only appear once, and Quasar is the best example of this.

I got similar vibes recently with Darkfluid in VRAINS, but nowhere near the same level of excitement.

Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis
Users: Aki Izayoi

Artwork:

Time for a quick review, as I was never going to say goodbye to Gen 3 without giving some love to the only good female character in this franchise.

5586161-tumblr_inline_nog9ouw7q81s2oynl_500.gif
tumblr_ltvq46GKl91qgwxk7o2_250.gif

Get-a-girl-that-can-do-both.jpg

Aki's Plant main deck is always full of powerful cards, but among them her favorite is clearly a Level 8, FIRE, Plant-Type monster, Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis!

This card is a really fun design, it's a Hippeastrum (often mistaken for an Amaryllis) flower modeled to look like the legendary fire bird Phoenix, with it's petals forming the wings and head of the creature, but still making it clear that this is just a flower, One thing I dislike about the design is the weird blue mist around it, as it's very distracting for me, the background being so simple also works against it's solid design, I think this card's design would've shown it's true shine with a full background of the plant growing in some mystical fire forest. As it is, the background even takes away from a solid design. Still the design is memorable and it fits with Aki nicely, I would call this card her most memorable card besides Black Rose Dragon.
latest

Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis gets it's name from the ability to resurrect, as it can only be special summoned through it's own effect or through a "Phoenixian Seed"

Once on the field, Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis will self destruct if you attack with it. Anytime the card is destroyed, your opponent will lose 800 LP, during the end phase after it is destroyed, you can banish a plant type monster in your graveyard to revive it.

Sounds cool right? Well let's say we're in the Link Era, and I decide to special summon it back to the field in a zone my "Topologic Bomber Dragon" is pointing at. And let's say that I have enough plants to keep reviving it....yeah you can see the problem. It's a pretty easy to set FTK, and for this reason "Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis" is banned in both the TCG and OCG. Which is fair as no ones likes FTKs.

No further support for this card exists as Aki support cards tend to focus on her Black Rose Dragon.

TRIVIA TIME!

An actual Amaryllis looks like this:
fantastica-400.jpg

NEXT UP!
GUEST_367ce2c4-ccaa-4082-af67-1fd8568a78e3

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I agree. But Yuzu was screwed over waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder
I don't know. I felt Aki and Yuzu shared a similar fate. Both pretty much disappeared in the last season. Yuzu at least for to drive the plot singlehandedly in season 1. They're both good examples of how you can write good female characters for Yu Gi Oh and how you can screw it up.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't know. I felt Aki and Yuzu shared a similar fate. Both pretty much disappeared in the last season. Yuzu at least for to drive the plot singlehandedly in season 1. They're both good examples of how you can write good female characters for Yu Gi Oh and how you can screw it up.

Aki had presence, even if reduced in the last arc. We saw her get her license, she fought in the tournament and also fought in Ark Craddle. It was annoying that she didn't get more but she was there

Yuzu carries season 1 on her shoulders for sure. But she later becomes a Pokemon to hunt and never fights. It was awful. And I say this as someone that loves Yuzu.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I see Morphtronic Celfon is going to be covered, and I admit that Morphtronic is a better archetype than Vehicroids, and as a result, it works much better as an underdog archetype. It's a shame that Morphtronic doesn't have any more support.

Thank you for reading.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Aki had presence, even if reduced in the last arc. We saw her get her license, she fought in the tournament and also fought in Ark Craddle. It was annoying that she didn't get more but she was there

Yuzu carries season 1 on her shoulders for sure. But she later becomes a Pokemon to hunt and never fights. It was awful. And I say this as someone that loves Yuzu.
I get where you're coming from. It's just for me after the journey Aki had in the dark singers arc to be relegated to a side piece that loses very quickly in the driving championship seemed super lame. With Yuzu while she became a macguffin at least you still got to spend time with her even in the xyz and fusion dimensions.

Still, probably detailing your thread with all this. Both characters deserved better and it was actually a shame that for how long the Synchro arc in ArcV was we never got Ali but ended up with Alexis in the fusion dimension.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Super Conductor Tyranno
Generation 2: GX
Users: Tyranno Hasselberry
Artwork:

ALL RIGHT SOLDIERS LISTEN UP! THIS CARD HERE IS FULL OF DINO DNA! THE DOCTOR SAYS IT MAKES YOU STRONGER THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE! UNDERSTOOD? GOOD!

Tyranno Hasselberry is known for being the first character to use a Dinosaur deck effectively. And of course, for having some of dat DINO DNA.

Hasselberry is a weird character, he's introduced in what appears to be the ultimate one-off villain of the week episode, he comes out of nowhere as a character demanding to be moved up to obelisk blue, then the gang finds out he's been stealing duel disks, Jaden confronts him and they duel, Jaden wins and he realizes the errors of his ways and says he's sorry, episode is about to end....And then he just moves in with Jaden and proclaims he will be part of the team from now on....And he does!

Hasselberry is a really fun character despite his addition not being meaningful to the greater plot, but if I have to give credit to GX for something, is for remembering people of color exist. Between Hasselberry and Axel Brody, GX shows that not only white/asian looking folks can be great duelists.

Hasselberry doesn´t really have an ace card per se, he always pulls up the craziest Dinosaur designs one after the other, but the play that struck the most with me is this one:

Where he just casually summons a 3300 ATK, Level 8, LIGHT, Dinosaur Type Monster, Super Conductor Tyranno!

In terms of design, I´m not really a fan of Super Conductor Tyranno, I feel like for all that DINO DNA!, the card doesn't really look like a T-Rex, it looks more like an Iguana, the metal implants of the monster are plain and look very bland and doesn't communicate very well the idea that this card is well...A Super Conductor. The background adds lightning to it to sell you that this card is somehow tied to electricity, but I still don't see it. I think much more could be done with the concept of a super powerful cyborg Dinosaur. Could be way better.

Gameplay-wise, Super Conductor is one of the few cards to break what we fans call "The Rule of 3000", which is that no monster with an attack higher than 3000 can be normal summoned, usually they're either Extra Deck monsters or monsters with a "This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set" clause. But not this guy! You can tribute 2 monsters and get a 3300 Beatstick on the field. or you can actually use your DINO DNA! and play the card effectively like Hasselberry, who summons it with the card "Double Evolution Pill"

Unfortunately, once again, all that DINO DNA! is not enough to save Super Conductor from having a pretty mediocre effect, where you can inflict 1000 LP damage to your opponent but not get to attack with Tyranno that turn. With all the crazy cards I've already reviewed, you pr,bably already know that there's way better options to burn your opponent or beat it with high ATK points.

But the power of DINO DNA! is too strong to be contained, as Dinosaurs recently rose to meta-level tiers with brand new support, and when I say Dinosaur deck I mean just Dinosaur type monsters in a well built deck, as the Dinosaur deck doesn't really need an Archetype to work. (Even though Dinosaur archetypes such as "Jurrac" exist)

The support came in the form of "Ultimate Conductor Tyranno", one of the best cards I´ve ever seen.

With the Ultimate levels of DINO DNA!, Ultimate Conductor can be special summoned simply by banishing 2 Dinos in your graveyard this card can destroy 1 monster on the field and if it does it will flip all monsters your opponent controls to face-down defense position, this effect can be activated during either player's turn, meaning that you can disrupt an extra deck summon with it, as materials for those always need to be face-up for the summon to take place. And that's not all! If this card attacks a face-down defense position monster, it will inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent AND send their defense straight to the graveyard! It's amazing. This card not only provides some insane control to the field but it also has a high 3500 ATK. Probably the best Dinosaur card ever made right here, and it's all thanks to Super Conductor Tyranno for laying the foundation for this card to exist.

This card was very well used in tournament level play, sadly, the coming of Link monsters, which cannot exist face down or in defense position and thus are immune to battle position changing effects, stole some of Ultimate Conductor's lightning.

Support for Dinos doesn't stop there, as some great cards like "Souleating Oviraptor" and "Babycerasaurus" were released alongisde ultimate conductor

Oviraptor will add a Dino to your hand or graveyard and will also be able to destroy 1 of your Dinosaurs and destroy it to summon any Dino in your graveyard, while Babycerasaurus can special summon Dinosaurs from your deck if it gets destroyed by Souleating Oviraptor or Ultimate Conductor's effects. This insane levels of DINO DNA were so dangerous, that Oviraptor had to be limited to 1 per deck in the American TCG, while Babycerasaurus faced the same fate in the Japanese OCG.

Dinosaurs always get shafted in favor of Dragons in YGO, so I'm happy to report that if you were a Dinosaur fan back in the day and are thinking about coming back. The quality is here.

DINO DNA!

TRIVIA TIME!

Both Conductor Tyrannos were first released as the featured card in Structures Decks designed to give Dinos a boost
51-3cJWtOjL.jpg

6000197276609.jpg

NEXT UP! We finally reached the card Mandos has requested for a while!

c99af9bd1350d72448f2e3ccb2bd1847.png

I sure do love playing me some dinos when I play with my friends, they hate me though, Ultimate Conductor Tyranno is just so good lol ... we refuse to play with links but may eventually move onto them, so it will be time for me to make some more stuff after. Do want to try me some Dinowrestlers eventually.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
I guess it does, we got back into it a couple years ago randomly out of the blue and with the dino structure decks being cheap as hell for making a decent deck, I just went for it. Too bad I don't have my old cards anymore cause I kind of just left them everywhere when I was a child and my parents got fed up with that lmao.

Been wanting to make a Thunderdragon deck also but you know... with building one around $150-200 I'm gonna wait on that for a bit. Wanted to try out Kaiju but after playing around with them a bit online didn't really like them. Now that's really putting my avatar to shame.

Morphtronic Celfon
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Morphtronic Celfon
Users: Leo / Rua

Artwork:

Can't talk about Morphtronic cards without mentioning their amazing theme first. Hit the music!!

The young Rua may be obsessed with getting his own Signer mark and Dragon card. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have his own beloved cards! As opposed to his sister Ruka who's all about fairies and cuddly animals, Rua is all about them machines, and that's why his deck is full of the Transformer inspired "Morphtronics" (Known as "Deformers" in Japan). These cards are basically robots that transform into everyday gadgets. To play off the theme of the cards having 2 "forms" Morphtronic cards have an effect when they're in Attack Position (Robot Mode) or Defense Position (Disguised mode). The anime drives the idea even further by having the card "Transform" when switching to ATK or DEF position As such, these cards are quite fun to play with.

In terms of design, I quite like that both of the "forms" appear in the card art, with the disguise form in the background and the robot form in the forefront, the creature itself is simply a transformer ripoff, and that's all it needs to be really, the placement of the phone parts is clever and the monster overall looks like a cute not-Bumblebee. That's pretty nice. I get the idea behind the rest of the background being this cell phone waves motif, but it's not doing it for me, I feel like it makes the whole art a bit messy. Overall, not a bad card, and a must for any transformers fan.

Celfon lets you roll a dice for both of it's effects. In Defense position, it will let you check as many cards from the top of your deck as the number in the die roll and then put them back in, which is pretty much nothing. At best it will let you know which cards are coming, but chances are you will shuffle the deck at some point.

For Attack Position, the effect remains the same EXCEPT it now let's you special summon any "Morphtronic" monster that is level 4 or lower among the revealed cards. Which could lead you to getting a Tuner monster for a Synchro summon by pullin "Morphtronic Remoten"

These effects, while fun, depend so much on luck that it makes Joey Wheeler proud, but they won't be any consistent for a duel, and what's sadder is that "Celfon" is one of the few searchers of the deck, a deck that at best can set up a Synchro Summon for it's boss monster "Power Tool Dragon" which I already reviewed.

You can use other spell and trap cards such as "Morphtronic Scramble" and "Morphtronic Engine" to power them up, but it's just not enough to make them usable outside fun matches

Support for Morphtronics is very scarce, with only a new upgraded version of Celfon being added recently. Obviously the upgraded version of a Cell Phone, is a Smartphone, so we got "Morphtronic Smartfon"

Which sadly is no upgrade at all....the effect is the exact same as Celfon, except instead of special summoning, it will add any Morphtronic card to your hand. That's hardly the support these theme needs at this moment. Shame.

TRIVIA TIME!

Morphtronics have no Synchro monsters at all, they depend entirely on Power Tool Dragon

Next up!
latest

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Smartfon is better than you make it out to be. Being able to Special Summon itself from the hand makes it a lot easier to play and pulling Morphtronic spells/taps makes them more playable and increases the number of situations the effect is actually successful.

Malefic Monsters
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Malefic Stardust Dragon
Users: Paradox

Artwork:

In the far future, where card games managed to destroy the world somehow, Z-ONE entrusts a last resort mission to one of his remaining allies, Paradox. His mission is to travel even further in time than his colleagues, and instead of reaching the age of Yusei Fudo, he must go back to the times of Yugi Muto, and kill Maximillion Pegasus, in an attempt to prevent Duel Monsters and by extension the eventual rise of Synchro Summon.

13e91f37fa56f679.jpg

In order to do this, Paradox first decides to make some stops along the way, stealing the series' most powerful dragons and turning them into evil, corrupted versions of themselves. His first stop is Yusei Fudo's "Stardust Dragon" but he makes a quick stop in the GX era, where he steals "Cyber End Dragon" and "Rainbow Dragon", turning them into:

Once he reaches the OG Era, he wastes no time and looks to add the strongest Dragons from that era to his roster, thus stealing "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" and "Red-Eyes Black Dragon"

With Yusei following him in order to recover his Stardust, the adventure quickly becomes the most ambitious crossover in history, as Jaden Yuki and eventually Yugi Muto himself join Yusei in the battle to stop Paradox.

Malefic Stardust Dragon gets the focus of the review as it's the main focus on the story. The design of Malefic Stardust, and all Malefic monsters for that matter is just the dragons getting a mask and wing paint to reflect the colors worn by paradox in his attire. The design pretty much stays the same so there's little to say in terms of artwork. That's why I likened them to evil beard spock, they just add a small detail to let us know these cards are EEEEEVVVVIIIILLL!!

In terms of effects, Malefic monster all work similarly. They cannot exist on the field unless there's an active Field Spell Card on the field, which is why Malefic monsters have their very own Field Spell "Malefic World" . Malefic Monsters can only exist on the field one at a time and they are summoned from your hand to the field simply by banishing their original version from your Deck or Extra Deck, which makes Extra Deck-based Malefic Monsters like Stardust or Cyber End more effective as you won't need to play cards like Blue-Eyes or Rainbow Dragon in your Main Deck, which could result in a dead draw. Malefic Stardust Dragon also has the ability to protect your field spells, from detsruction making it even more effective, as it will keep the field it depends on in play.

That's it for Malefic Stardust Dragon....But I feel this doesn't quite cover the impact of Paradox's cards. That's why I've decided to add a new card to this post.

Malefic Paradox Dragon
Users: Paradox

Artwork:

Now I've seen quite a few dragons in my time, but this one takes the cake! And probably ate it too!

...eh?...Cake?...Ate it?...Get it?

Anyways, with the help of the Tuner monster "Malefic Parallel Gear" you can Synchro Summon this card. Which is Paradox's own card instead of something he stole.

In terms of design, it's pretty bland as it's basically the "Evil" parts of the Malefic monsters turned into a Dragon. It's a pretty boring design that does very little for me, that said, I really like the blood red background.

Malefic Paradox Dragon can resurrect any synchro monster that is in the graveyard, and with it's 4000 ATK, there's no wonder why Malefic monsters are limited to only 1 on the field at a time. However, Malefic Paradox Dragon's main job is to get destroyed. So that you can summon Paradox's true ace, the monster that required the combined bullshit asspulls of THREE YGO protagonists to go down. I'm of course talking of "Malefic Truth Dragon"

At the cost of half your life points, this Level 12, 5000 ATK beast can be summoned whenever a Malefic Monster is destroyed, making it a costly monster,with an ugly and bland design, that can nuke your opponent's field whenever it destroys a monster with it's insane 5000 ATK.

I really dislike Truth Dragon, which makes it even more cathartic when the Trio of Protagonists came together and destroyed it.

Support for Malefic Monsters recently came out, which includes a card that nullifies the "1 Malefic at a time restriction", you can find all about the support cards in this video. Overall Malefic is a very niche deck that only focuses on attacking relentlessly, it's not very great and it's mostly played for fun and to use evil version of fan favorite cards all in one deck.

TRIVIA TIME!

In Japan, ,Malefic cards are known as "Sins"

Next Up!

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they came out with new Malefic support?

I used to have a pretty beast Malefic Skill Drain deck, maybe I should rebuild that with the new support...

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wait, they came out with new Malefic support?

I used to have a pretty beast Malefic Skill Drain deck, maybe I should rebuild that with the new support...

It came out in Japan a few months ago, so it will probably hit the west at the end of the year

The stand out card is this one

Malefic Paradox Gear

If a Field Spell is face-up on the field: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Malefic Parallel Gear" from your Deck, then add 1 "Malefic" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Malefic Paradox Gear". If you would banish a monster to Special Summon a "Malefic" monster from your hand using its own procedure, you can banish this card from your field or GY instead. You can only use each effect of "Malefic Paradox Gear" once per turn.

And people seem to also like these ones

Edit: Just remembered I'm missing one incredibly popular card from the Synchro Era that I was planning on doing before this Kuriboh, so I edited the hint accordingly

Last edited:
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Users: None (TCG/OCG Original)

Artwork:

What you're seeing right now is one of the most famous YGO cards OUTSIDE of the anime. Like "Tour Guide from the Underworld" this is a card that's popular because of its impact on the game, and not because someone in an anime used it in every episode. This card is often called one of the best Synchro Monsters ever created.

Today, I bring you a Level 9,WATER, Dragon-Type, Synchro Monster....Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier!

In order to talk about this card, we need to start with the "Duel Terminal" lore. Duel Termina is an arcade like machine where you get cards for playing.
duelterminal.jpg

What made this Duel Terminals special, is that they gave you cards depicting monsters from a unique story, and every update gave you bits and pieces of lore on the monsters, locales and events in that story. The actual plot is as complex as any DC Crisis event, with lots of universe resets and massive extinction events. I recommend reading the lore bits I linked above as they have pretty much the entire DT story, resets and all.

For Trishula, her story begins when the evil alien known as "Worms" monsters attack several tribes living in the DT World. The warring tribes join together to fight this new menace. One of the tribes being the "Ice Barrier" inhabitants. The Ice Barriers have 3 incredibly powerful dragons locked behind magic seals. At one point of the war, they decide to break the first seal, thus unleashing "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" to the DT world

"To deal with the army of "Worms" covering the world, the "Ice Barrier" unleashed one of their sealed ice dragons, whose chilling aura pushed the invaders back. "

The power of Brionac and the efforts made by other tribes eventually gives them the edge on the war against the Worms, but their advantage would not last, as soon the evil "Fabled" gods would awaken from their slumber thanks to the mayhem created by the war . The Fabled rise as a new threat to the tribes. After much deliberation, the Ice Barriers decide to break the second seal as the second Dragon is the only thing that can help them fight two enemies at once. And that way "Gugnir, Dragon of the Barrier" was released.

"Its breath turned the invaders and wicked gods into immobile ice sculptures."

The war raged on, and while the worms were ultimately defeated, the Fabled, while weakened, kept their attacks going. The war impoverished the land for inhabitants of the DT world, the entire world was at the point of collapse. The Ice Barriers, at the brink of destruction, propose releasing the third and final dragon. The Ice Barriers were divided on the decision, as many feared the power of the third dragon...Still, the Third Seal was broken, and our featured card was unleashed.

"The power of "Trishula" was terrifying and dreadful, and it destroyed all the "Fabled" on the planet. However, the "Ice Barrier" lost control of the beast, and it went into a furious rage - and the other dragons, as if in response, rampaged with it."

The battle against the Fabled soon became a battle to stop the Trishula and the dragons from freezing the entire world.

And I'll leave you with that cliffhanger! As the story goes on and on...

In terms of artwork, Trishula really looks like a monstrous Ice Dragon, If I had to name an issue with her, is that she really skipped leg day, as her legs look a bit small for its giant upper body, though that could be the perspective on the art playing tricks on me, but then again, her arms are so skinny they kinda get lost in the artwork too. That said, I really like Trishula's icy looking armor, I love it's frozen wings, and I love the blizzard like background. Trishula looks incredibly unique, and it's art has some real presence. Overall she's a nice looking dragon, but to be honest I'm more of a Brionac man myself.

Now let's talk about in-game Trishula, cause HO-LY SHIT this card was good back in the day. Trishula is synchro summoned to the field with any tuner and 2 non tuner monsters whose combined levels equal her own level 9. And once this beast hits the field her effect will trigger, letting you banish 1 card from your opponent's field, 1 card from their grave, and 1 card in their hand. That's one way to ruin an entire strategy. You just take the key card in their field, the one card they need in their grave and if you're lucky enough, the one card in their hand that could've saved them. But Players didn't simply use 1 Trishula, they SPAMMED her, meaning that a good deck could summon 2-3 Trishula in a single turn, thus taking away 3 cards in the field, 3 cards in the grave and 3 cards in the hand from your opponent.

"Trish" ,as the players called her, became a very expensive card and a beloved monster. But it's power was far too great, it eventually got limited and later, in a historic move, the TCG decided to create their own banlist instead of copying the OCG one and banned her. The OCG eventually followed suit, and Trishula remained banned for years....UNTIL NOW! Trishula was recently released in a limited fashion, and just this month, they removed all limitations on her, meaning players can run 3 "Trish" again. This changes were done because Link monster rules make it harder to summon 3 Trishula's in a single turn. But her devastating effects are still worth any effort you put into summoning it.

An amazing card that will be both a bitch to face again and a lovely throwback to use against your opponents.

Support for Trishula, doesn't really exist, but a new Fusion version of her was recently released:

That's it for Trish, one great meta defining card right here. And an important part of YGO history.

TRIVIA TIME!

Shit happens in the DT storyline, and eventually Trishula's corpse becomes infected by the "Evilswarm" virus, creating "Evilswarm Ouroboros"

Next up!

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say that I still think this thread is neat! You've more than earned a break at this point, but I look forward to it continuing eventually.

Kuribon & Junkuriboh
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Kuribon
Users: Luna / Ruka

Artwork:

Hey Thores. I'M BACK

After taking a nice vacation I feel fresh, and ready for everything....And just in time for Kuriboh time!

While YGO 5D's did not feature protagonist Yusei ever using a Kuriboh card, the series still featured a Kuriboh card used by a main character, in this case Luna's signer powers let her connect to the spirit of Kuribon, a Level 1, LIGHT, Fairy-Type brand new version of our beloved furball.

Kuribon takes the cuteness of Kuriboh and exaggerates it to the point it becomes...too sweet. They take away Kuriboh's ghoulish green skin in favor of a more regular rodent skin tone that makes it look like a rat, it's iconic eyes were changed for moeblob eyes which I hate, it looks like an american parody of what anime looks like:
latest

And finally there's the tail with the Ribbon this card is named after and honestly, that's the least offensive part of this design, I actually think it looks cute, had this been a regular Kuriboh with a big tail and a ribbon I might have give the design a pass, but as it is, this design is not my cup of tea.

In terms of effect, this is probably the worst Kuriboh card in the franchise. When Kuribon is selected as an attack target, you will receive no damage, instead your opponent will gain LP equal to the damage you would've taken. So unless you're extremely desperate to not receive damage, this card only benefits your opponent, you're giving them an reward for destroying this card....While you could combine this card's effect with the popular "Bad Reaction to Simochi", there's waaaay better options for that kind of burn strategy, in fact, a Kuriboh even features in the artwork of one of those options!

Junkuriboh
Users: Yusei Fudo (Manga)

Artwork:

The 5D's manga decided to right the wrongs and give Yusei his very own Kuriboh card, now the fandom can finally stop making fun of him for not having one. When cornered in a duel, Manga! Yusei resorts to a Level 1, EARTH, Machine-Type monster, a new member for the Junk family, JunKuriboh!

latest

Junkuriboh starts the trend of actually adapting Kuriboh's design to the new protagonist deck, so instead of keeping the furball design, the artist decided to inject Yusei's own Kuriboh with everything that you think of when you think about Yusei Fudo's cards. As such, this card is full metal and bolts, it has a no-nonsense look in it's face and is decorated with Yusei's criminal face mark. That little touch...
tenor.gif

So yeah, I really like Junkuriboh's overall design and I feel changing Kuriboh to match the MC is way better than just forcing a furball in a deck with a different feel than Yugi's. Winged Kuriboh was deliberately out of place in a HERO deck for plot reasons, but that's a trick that was only going to work once.

Junkuriboh's effect continues the trend of having Kuriboh be a shield to your LP, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect that would inflict damage to you you can discard this card and negate the activation of that card and destroy it.Having the card actually negate the effect is really nice and while the card is very situational and there's much better options to use in a Junk themed deck, it's the first Kuriboh card with a more modern effect design.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Trivia Time!!

Junkuriboh is the only Kuriboh without a LIGHT or DARK attribute

That's it for 5D's Kuribohs!! GENERATION 3 is FINISHED.

Next Up!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuribon worked well in my Hope for Escape Exodia build (along with Ultimate Offering, talk about shenanigans). That deck always confused people, they didn't get why I was raising their LP until it was too late.

Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder
Generation 4: ZEXAL
Users: IV (Four) / Quattro

Artwork:

Hey kids want to watch a creepy doll violently grind one of the main character's monsters to pieces in a very graphic way?

IV (Pronounced "Four" in Japanese and "Quattro" in english) is a character that joins the Zexal cast towards the middle of the first act.
dD7vWA3m.png

A tournament champion with a huge army of fangirls, IV is considered to be a kind and lovely star that always goes the extra mile to give his fans what they want. In reality, he's a sadistic and narcissistic asshole who takes pleasure in torturing his fans in a duel, which he calls the ultimate "fanservice". IV is known to make the most hilariously insane creepy faces when dueling, most famously this one:
bcb.gif

lol.

IV is one of the sons of the minor antagonist Throne (Vetrix in the english version) a grown man cursed to live in the body of a child due to exposure to the power of Astral and the Barians, not only that, but IV also cheated Shark out of a tournament which caused him to go on his downward spiral towards becoming the bully we meet in episode 1.

While IV has an army of the creepiest fucking dolls he uses to scare and torture the crap out of his victims, today we focus on his most recognizable card, a Rank 8, DARK, Machine-Type Monster. Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder!

Giant Grinder, also known as Giant Killer in Japan, has a fantastic design, it's pose is already unnerving, one quick look makes you think you're looking at a corpse, upon closer inspection you notice that it's a creepy, blank staring puppet that is being controlled by some nefarious machine, in it's chest, rests the grinder it's named after, a deadly device it uses to literally crush the opponent monster to pieces, my only real complaint with the design is the fact that they took the "Number" and placed it in the background of the card. See, the "15" symbol is supposed to be in it's crown, but since you can't fully see all the detail in it's head they added it a giant "15" to the background to make sure you get that this is in fact "Number 15", I think the artist should've moved the number to a different part like the knees or the toes to avoid having to use such an odd looking background.

Number 15's effects are as deadly as they look, first the requirement of 2 Level 8 monsters to summon it are a joke in the Gimmick Puppet deck, which is designed to quickly change your monster's levels into 8. After the card hits the field you get the effect to detach 1 Xyz Material beneath it to destroy 1 special summoned monster on the field, this effect can be used up to twice per turn. And that's not all. if the unfortunate victim of Grinder's effect turned out to be an Xyz monster, Grinder will inflict direct damage to your opponent's LP equal to that monster's original ATK. This cool effect is balanced by Grinder's relatively low stats, with only 1500 ATK and 2500 DEF it's easy to take out in a battle, so make the most of it during your turn.

Gimmick Puppets have always been very popular...But mostly because of their unnerving designs, the cards themselves have had a lot of issues to form a cohesive and consistent deck. For that reason the latest anime support pack "Legendary Duelists: Immortal Destiny" which focuses on fucking insane villains such as IV and Bakura will provide much needed support for the beloved Gimmick Puppets

These cards will become available in the TCG by the end of the year, so if you're the kind of sick bastard who finds these spawns of Satan appealing, now is a great time to start collecting them.

And of course, no modern support is complete without a Link Monster, which they recently got:

Which is a fantastic card that lets you special summon puppet monsters and add more puppets to your hand.

Overall, I really like these disgusting things.

TRIVIA TIME:
Gimmick Puppets also have their own Exodia like "Duel Winner" effect, "Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo"

Which can be "Ranked Up" into "Disaster Leo" for an easier to pull Auto-Win effect

Next Up!

Let's turn down the creepy shit, and focus on some cute, totally not threatening or gamebreaking rabbit.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Xyz monsters are really interesting. Unfortunately, the main way I play is Duel Links, and I get the vibe that Xyz Summons won't be introduced to the game for another year or so. Looking forward to eventually trying some of the wackier stuff out, though.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The thread came back just in time for Link Evolution on Tuesday. Thanks for all the hard work.

Which reminds me, is it ok to do another OT for the english and physical release of that game?

I think it makes sense considering the import one died pretty quickly as it was only available in the Japanese Store, but I wouldn't want to do a redundant thread

If the answer is yes, what would be a good subtitle? I was thinking on simply doing "Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution (English + Physical Version) |OT| Link me"

Man, Xyz monsters are really interesting. Unfortunately, the main way I play is Duel Links, and I get the vibe that Xyz Summons won't be introduced to the game for another year or so. Looking forward to eventually trying some of the wackier stuff out, though.

Xyz monsters have the benefit of not requiring any major alteration to one's deck to work. For Fusion and Synchro you needed either a fusion spell card or a Tuner monster in your deck, that meant changing your deck, with Xyz, any deck can get 2 monsters of the same level with ease, so it will be interesting to see many decks that didn't use an extra deck before get access to more options in Duel Links.

Last edited:

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
Which reminds me, is it ok to do another OT for the english and physical release of that game?

I think it makes sense considering the import one died pretty quickly as it was only available in the Japanese Store, but I wouldn't want to do a redundant thread

If the answer is yes, what would be a good subtitle? I was thinking on simply doing "Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution (English + Physical Version) |OT| Link me"

Personally I know I would stop by to find matches and deck building unless it would be easier to just do it here. I would say go for it since more people are likely going to get this release and I'd probably make a joke about not being able to special summon spam as the subtitle since I know some people are going to pick this up and be very very confused.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to buy it or not
Edit: for reference I currently have a heavy backlog, a bunch of additional games coming out soon I want and a N64 Replay I'm doing so I don't necessarily need to bite right now

Last edited:

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to buy it or not
Edit: for reference I currently have a heavy backlog, a bunch of additional games coming out soon I want and a N64 Replay I'm doing so I don't necessarily need to bite right now
Kind of in the same boat. I started playing Duel Links on mobile to try help decide but it eventually took up too much space so I had to get rid of it.

Rescue Rabbit
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Rescue Rabbit
Generation 4: ZEXAL
Users: None (TCG/OCG Original)

Artwork:

Does that look like the face of mercy to you?

Rescue Rabbit is perhaps one of the most meta defining cards of the ZEXAL Generation, decks based around it dominated the tournaments which led this card to spend some time in the Forbidden and Limited list. Today, I'll tell you how this little bunny became the reason for many, many ragequits.

In terms of artwork rescue rabbit is just a fucking rabbit in rescue gear, cute for sure but there's nothing exactly memorable about it, the background is a very boring white explosion that I THINK is meant to represent a blizzard, so this little rabbit is out there in the middle of a hail storm looking for people to rescue, what a hero!

Just because the design is not very unique doesn't mean it isn't obscenely adorable.

With only 300 ATK and 100 DEF what makes Rescue Rabbit so deadly is it's effect. You may banish this card from you field to special summon 2 Normal Monsters with the same name for your deck, but you must destroy them during the end phase. In general, any card that lets you special summon multiple monsters for such a small cost is going to be great, however Rescue Rabbit could only summon normal monsters, in a world where effect monsters are now the norm and classic normal monsters have been rendered obsolete, you might think that having to run several effect-less monsters in your deck to use Rescue Rabbit, coupled with it's inability to be special summoned from the deck would act as enough counterbalance for that powerful effect.

You're wrong.

Remember, this is the era of Xyz monsters, monsters that can be summoned by controlling 2 cards of the same level. Rescue Rabbit was basically a 1 card Xyz summon into an Xyz monster, as the 2 normal monsters summoned through its effect would obviously have the same level. And a certain Xyz monster was released just alongside this little rabbit, enter Evolzar Laggia.

Laggia was intended to be the boss monster of the "Evol" theme, cards that would tribute themselves to allow you to summon an evolved form, think Pokemon, where Evoltiles->Evolsaurs->Evolzars. All that effort rewarded the Evol deck with a board with 2 dinosaur types that fulfill the summon requirements for Laggia, a card that could negate the activation of any spell or trap card or the summon of any monster during either player's turn. This card was basically a 2400 ATK "Solemn Judgement" without a cost.

Player's soon found that you shouldn't waste your time evolving your Evoltile cards until you reached a board that could summon Laggia, you could simply use "Rescue Rabbit" 's effect to bring 2 of one of the oldest normal dinosaurs in the game:

By summoning rescue Rabbit in your first turn and summoning 2 Kabalzaus with it's effect, you got a powerful negater and you could still set several traps to disrupt your opponent even further. The "Dino Rabbit" Deck was born, and the rage could power a city. The popularity of this deck was so immense than even a normal monster like Kabalzauls was re-released as a secret rare foiled card (pictured above)

While Link rules and the abundance of hand traps made it so Rescue Rabbit is no longer a gamebreaker, many still remembers the days of the "Rabbit Format"

No further support has been released for Rescue Rabbit.

TRIVIA TIME

Before "Rabbit" there was "Rescue Cat" a card that also got itself in the banlist for having a similar effect to the point even it's card text needed to be altered for balance, since then, any new "Rescue" Furball is met with extreme caution from players.

However, besides Cat and Rabbit, no other Rescue Card has broken the meta game, but they are all working together to save the lives of many critters

Next up!

original.gif

Last edited:

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Is there some place to read up on the history of banned cards in Yu-gi-oh? I don't know anything outside of the TV show, but I'd be interested in reading about controversial cards like that.