• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL BEGINS!!
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
giphy.gif

In just exactly 1 month, Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker will hit theaters, for that reason, even if I'm not a big fan of this new trilogy, I will do my part to get you all hyped!

In the next 4 weeks I'll be reviewing the most Star Wars-y cards in Yu-Gi-Oh!, there is A LOT of characters and references from the Galaxy far far away in the card theme that I will be covering, so I figure that 2 reviews a week is the best way to do it. I hope I'm able to pull it off.

These reviews will be a little different, as they will be more focused in giving you that good Star Wars nostalgia rush I know you all love...

Kozmo Goodwitch
Generation 5: Arc-V
Users: None (TCG Exclusive)
Artwork:

Star Wars is filled with many Mentor figures, Qui-Gon Jin, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and of course, Master Yoda.

6e7c08fb42efe9bf1d1e31eb6540a294.gif
giphy.gif

So what if we take all three of them and combine them with Gilnda, The Good Witch of the South from the classic story "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" ??
tumblr_inline_nvo3idyk1p1rdrebb_500.jpg

We get the level 4, LIGHT, Psychic monster "Kozmo Goodwitch" of course!

As crazy as that sounds, that is the entire theme of one of the standout themes in Yu-Gi-Oh's Generation 5...The "Kozmo" Cards! These incredibly unique batch of cards combine both of these stories into one hell of a crossover!

Kozmo Goodwitch design answers the eternal question "What if Yoda fusion danced with Qui-Gon Jin and then turned into a hot anime chick?" That is to say, the design keeps Glinda's design as the core and incorporates a nice good coat of Star Wars on top of her, and the end result is a very cool looking, if a bit too voluptuous green girl with a green "Lightsword" which now takes the place of the iconic wand. The fact that they could replicate the traditional Jedi Robes without getting into too much trouble surprises me, as this isn't exactly parody. But It looks great! And finally we get to have a fully realized background that feels like a reference to the interior of the Death Star, which gives the card a lot more personality than yet another generic explosion background.

Kozmo Goodwitch has an effect that allows her to Special Summon level 5 or higher monsters from your hand, this is an effect that all Kozmo cards have that I will go into detail shortly. What I want to talk about now is her unique effect, Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and change it to face-down Defense Position. This effect is supposed to mirror a certain power Jedi have to avoid confrontations or get the upper hand in battles.

giphy.gif

But like many more powers it comes at a cost, using the Force in Yugioh will cost you LP, so use it wisely!!

In this unique take on Star Wars, Kozmo Goodwitch has a certain enemy that she must confront, just like the "Kozmo" are the Jedi, always 2 "Kozmoll" there are, which brings me to...

Kozmoll Wickedwitch
Artwork:

MistyUnlinedDuck-size_restricted.gif

How about we take that sweet Darth Maul over there and combine it with Evanora, the Wicked Witch of East?
220px-Evanora_Oz_Great_and_Powerful.jpg

We get the Evil Level 4, DARK, Pyschic monster "Kozmoll Wickedwitch"!!

The design for Wickedwitch is very weak to me, the artwork feels a bit TOO anime for my tastes, the whole stupid "Yandere" look is something I particularly do not like. Once again the interior work well with the card and as a reference to STAR WARS, but this design is much much weaker than that of Goodwitch, that just looks better drawn and realistic enough. Sadly, not a fan of this design.

Wicked witch is able to "use the force" at the cost of 1000 LP, making her as invincible as Darth Maul himself, who can walk off getting cut in half!

7zfx.gif

WickedWitch is also able to summon forth a level 5 Kozmo monster by banishing herself, and now it's the time to explain what this means. This just means that all Kozmo Cards can leave the game (by Banishing themselves) to get aboard their starships!! And just like Darth Maul's Scimitar

HandmadeNimbleAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Wicked witch pilots this beauty!

The Dark Destroyer can destroy any monster as soon as it hits the field, and much like Maul's Scimitar, it's so stealthy you can't target it with card effects!.

And if your opponent manages to destroy it, you will be able to special summon another high level spaceship card! Because trust me, we're getting more of those.

With that I give your first little taste of Yu-Gi-Oh! STAR WARS, with much much more to come!! Next up, we meet a young girl wishing for a better life in a sand planet...And her fateful encounter with two droids!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Kozmo Farmgirl
Artwork:

A long time ago, in a desert planet, a young farmer girl dreams of a better future, much like...

giphy.gif

She also lives with her mechanical dog, until one day she decides to run away from home...much like...
giphy.gif

So yes, by combining Luke Skywalker and Dorothy Gale, we get a Level 3, EARTH, Psychic Monster, Kozmo Farmgirl! I like to think one of my favorite Star Wars characters, Dr. Aphra was also thrown in the design process. I don't care if it's impossible, that's my headcanon, which means I can say whatever I want.

In terms of design, Kozmo farmgirl also has some really lovely art that keeps the overall look of Dorothy's design while applying a cool coat of Star Wars here and there, if Dorothy lived on Tatooine (Or Jakku, Or Jedha, Or Pasaana, Or that other Desert Planet from The Mandalorian...seriously what's with Star Wars and desert planets?) she would look exactly like farmgirl. Turning the dog Toto into a cyber beast makes too much sense and gives the card some cool edge. I also like how her bright colored clothes and her makes her stand out from the dry and desolated look of the background. And speaking of backgrounds...Once again having an actual background does wonders for the card art, making it feel more alive. And the Twin Suns in the sky....Man...
source.gif

In terms of effects, Dorothy is the bread and butter of a good Kozmo deck, as she can use the Force (pay 500 LP) to search for any Kozmo card in your deck and add it to your hand, whenever she inflicts damage to your opponent, what this means is that our little farmgirl can add ANY of the character/spaceship cards to your hand. And much like other Kozmo, she is able to banish herself to call forth help from Goodwitch or her other level 4 or higher friends, or maybe she takes matters in her own hands and jumps into her X-Wing-like "Kozmo Sliprider"

cY7mA01.gif

Which is, of course, also based on Dorothy's red slippers. Sliprider will also come in with those Ion torpedos ready to destroy your opponent's spells and traps, and once again, if they ever get destroyed, you will be able to summon it's pilot back into the field!

Kozmo farmgirl and Kozmo Goodwitch eventually face off against "WickedWitch" in a "Duel of the Fates" Style battle, as depicted in "Kozmo Lightsword"

Where a fully trained Farm Girl finally gets her own magic wand errr, Lightsword.

ImmediateEasygoingCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

In the end, Wicked Witch is defeated, not before admitting defeat and dying peacefully in front of her enemies, who take a moment to mourn the loss of someone close to Goodwitch.

Not unlike Darth Maul himself.

tumblr_on4oycWemS1uvhnh7o1_500.gifv

This trap card, will help you set up your plays as you keep your deck filled with resources to call forth with your Kozmo's special summoning abilities.

With that we conclude this weeks look into the Kozmo cards!

4 weeks remain for THE RISE OF SKYWALKER!

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
Well this seems pretty powerful but also pretty interesting since you need to have the cards in your hand to make full use of the effects.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Kozmo Strawman
Artwork:

giphy.gif

Yeah...That thing supposed to be our C3PO mashed up with the Strawman from the Wizard of Oz....yeah...

In terms of designs, I fucking hate it, it looks far too scary, and the elongated limbs and pose are just unnerving. The blank face with small eyes and mouth looks incredibly generic and it's blank stare does not help with the creepy factor,the fact that it is colored like a mannequin is just the icing in the cake, this thing looks like something that would jumpscare you in a shitty horror film and not an actual droid/Scarecrow homage. There is a positive though,once again the background help us piece together the story, in this case, we find Strawman in the dessert being confronted by none other than "Kozmo Farmgirl" and her robo-dog, as this is the kickoff to their adventure across the yellow galaxy road far far away. Points for that!

In terms of effects, our creepy Strawman cannot pilot any starships, but he can still summon them to the field by banishing himself, the monster level of cards summoned by this effect is quite lower, which lets Strawman summon the likes of Goodwitch or Farmgirl too! Also, at the cost of 500 LP, Strawman brings back any of your banished Kozmo Cards, this actually a great way to set up an Xyz or Link summon, which makes strawman an ugly, but viable member of the Kozmo family.

Kozmo Tincan
Artwork:

Now that's more like it! Here we have a much more appealing mix of the classic R2D2
giphy.gif

And the tinman from the wizard of Oz

tenor.gif

The design for this one is much stronger, it captures the charm of R2 pretty well, it looks like a charming steampunk R2, and I'm all up for it! I love how much personality the card art shows by having it blowing a bunch of steam in the middle of an argument with Kozmo Strawman, it's hilarious! Again, we get a full background and card that just oozes the personality of it's starwars counterpart, I love it, and it's probably one of my favorite Kozmo cards

As the lowest level Kozmo card, Tincan is able to summon any Kozmo card that higher level than it, from Strawman to the gigantic spaceships. However, Kozmo Tincan also has the ability to search for Kozmo cards, have your opponent pick one of them, and add it to your hand, all for the measly cost of 500 LP. As any searcher card, this is probably one you will find in most Kozmo Decks!

Never mess with R2!
giphy.gif

21 Days Until THE RISE OF SKYWALKER!!

May 9, 2019
Last spooky card before our Halloween champion arrives! This one goes to my pal Vito

Vampire Lord
Generation 1 & 2: Duel Monsters & GX
Users: Seto Kaiba, Camula
Artwork:

While this card was first used by Seto Kaiba in the Virtual World Arc, that arc was trash so let's talk about GX instead!

After being trusted with the keys to the sacred beasts, Jaden and his friends are relentlessly attacked by a group known only as the "Shadow Raiders", a group of duelists loyal to Kagemaru, who will do anything to get him the keys to the power of the sacred beasts. Among them, there's Camula, master of vampires.

Camula-TFSP.png

Camula is an actual vampire herself, she is one of the few survivors of a genocide of the vampire race that took place in Medieval Europe. Camula wishes to obtain the power of the beasts to revive her people, and she has the power to turn everyone who loses to her into dolls. Man GX was weird...

Camula is by far the most well known Shadow Raider, as she acts as sort of mid-level boss for Jaden and Co,, defeating both of the team's heavy hitters (Crowler and Zane) and turning them to dolls. She overwhelmed her opponents with her ace card "Vampire Lord", a level 5, zombie effect monster that can take out cards from the opponent's deck...She is even able to go further beyond and evolve lord into the almighty "Vampire Genesis"

Vampire lord has a pretty badass design, a bishonen anime vampire with a huge claw that works as both his cape and his wings. I like how he's snapping his fingers as if calling a swarm of vampires to attack his enemies, his shit-eating grin makes the design work perfectly. I also love the blood red background, even if it lacks the impact to make Lord pop out a bit more.

Lord's gameplay is, by modern standards, dogshit. This cards requires 1 tribute to be summoned and it has a mediocre 2000 ATK, it has an effect that allows you to choose a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) and have your opponent choose one card of the desired type in their deck and send it to the grave,this happens every time Lord inflicts battle damage. So in an era where every card can have an effect that triggers in the graveyard no matter if it's a spell, trap or monster you are pretty much setting up your opponent's strategy for them. Lord has a much better second effect, allowing it to return to the field after being destroyed with a card effect. However, given how easy it is to get rid of monsters without destroying them these days, you'll probably never get to trigger that effect.

While Vampire Lord remains pretty useless, Camula's deck has received tons of really cool support, creating the "Vampire" deck theme filled with anime waifus and husbandos

Konami even managed to sneak in a reference to their other hit franchise "Castlevania" with those last two! And those are just the tip of the iceberg, there's vampires for days. And there's incredible spell and trap support too.

And no support is complete without some Extra Deck Support, in this case, Vampires got both Xyz and Link monsters

All that support unfortunately ends up making "Lord" even more obsolete, as these vampires have a much more consistent playstyle, they can swarm the field, attack your opponent's cards and revive them as their servants.

Probably one of the coolest zombie decks out there! And while not very competitive, it has lots of fans.

Sadly, Lord is left out of this Halloween Vampire party as there's much better options than him.
This is super late but I love the Vampire archetype. Up there with Fire Kings.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Kozmoll Dark Lady
Artwork:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

And here she is Kozmoll Dark Lady, the cruel, masked Kozmoll, based on no other than the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Vader and the Wicked Witch of the West!

tenor.gif

Serving as the main antagonist of the "Kozmo" Story, Dark Lady has a pretty badass design and pose, with a costume design that is the perfect blend of the classic witch look and some Star Wars style Sci-Fi, the mask though is a bit underwhelming, as it looks like a simple visor instead of Vader's chilling breathing apparatus. I LOVE the posing of this card as it makes her look in command of an army (more on that later) and basking in the glory of her own might. It goes without saying that this card having a fully drawn background keeps working wonders for it. I just wish the wand-saber on this card was bright red instead of purple, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Dark Lady can use the power of the force and take 1000 of your LP to negate the activation of any monster effects, leaving them as powerless as those poor rebel soldiers in Rogue One. And like all Kozmo Cards, Dark Lady can summon higher level cards giving you access to the spaceships cards, but the dark side is such a powerful foe that this Dark Lady of the Kozmoll also commands the immense power of the fully operational "Dark Planet"

tenor.gif

Dark Planet can only be summoned by banishing 10 Kozmo Cards from your hand, whose levels equal 10 or more, it cannot be targeted by any card effect, it will negate the effects of any spell card that is activated by simply banishing a "Kozmo" card in your graveyard, in case it gets destroyed, it will return a Kozmo card to your hand. And with 4000 ATK points, it will leave your opponent in as good shape as Alderaan.

giphy.gif

But this technological terror is no match to the power of the force, Dark Lady does not take kindly to those who simply rely on her Dark Planet, and will choke to death anyone who dares go against her, with the full power of her "Kozmojo"

i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-gif-2.gif

This card is a great tribute to it's iconic inspiration, and probably one of my favorite among the Kozmo cards!

Just 5 Days until THE RISE OF SKYWALKER!

Generation 7 reviews starting now!
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So....TROS kinda sucked huh? I was so disappointed in it that I couldn't finish the last card review for this thread!

But that's not why I'm here today. As you might know, the seventh Generation of Yu-Gi-Oh! has been fully revealed! And as promised, I will be the first to talk about the new cards that will be a part of this new generation.

For reasons that will be explained in depth below, the cards reviewed will be evenly split between cards featured in the new anime, and brand new, original cards created for the latest sets of the card game as the TCG and the anime have been kind of divorced into two separate products!

Seven Roads Magician
Generation 7: Sevens
Users: Yuga Oudou
Artwork:

TheGremlinHasKeywords.jpg

Effect: You can activate this by sending the top card of your Deck to the GY. Gains 300 ATK for [each different Attribute amongst monsters in your GY] until the end of this turn.

Review:

After the absolute disaster that was Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS ended it's run with a rushed last season due to cancellation and the dismal reaction to the so called "Link Rules" which locked away your Extra Deck plays unless you used the new Link Monsters, the question "What's next" felt like both a prayer and a dreadful fear. For the first time in a long time, a new generation anime did not took over as soon as the previous one ended, there was no teaser, nothing, just an announcement of hiatus....Then came the big day.

YGO Gen 7 was revealed in a weird way, the first piece of news we received was the culmination of Konami's Link rules apology tour. The Link Rules will be effectively removed from the game on April 1st 2020, instead a new, much fairer version of the Extra Monster zone rules will take its place. Now Link Rules only affect Pendulum Monsters and Link Monsters themselves, while Fusions, Synchro and Xyz cards are exempt from the rule. THAT IS AWESOME! THAT SHOULD´VE BEEN LIKE THAT DAY 1.

Then came the new anime trailer.... where we meet our new hero, Yuga Toudou!
200px-YugaOudo-Full.png

You see Yuga is BORED by how the OLD GUYS play Yu-Gi-Oh!, so he creates a NEW, COOLER and EXTREME way to play YGO that catches up with all the kids that simply can't care about classic YGO, he names this new game, RUSH DUEL.

Yeah, it's that kind of reaction from Konami to the VRAINS disaster. They are changing course and went for a much more generic take on YGO that apes on modern card game anime trends such as Buddyfight or Vanguard, from artstyle to gameplay changes. RUSH DUEL is basically a new game that will try to soft reboot YGO into a more japanese kid-friendly game....More on that later.

The Rules for a Rush Game are the following:
Rush Duel's Basic Rules
• Decks are between 40 and 60 cards
• Starting hand is 4 cards
• Starting LP is 8000

Rush Duel's Duel Field
• Monster Zone: Where you put monsters
• Spell & Trap Zones: Where you put Spells and Traps
• Deck Zone: Where you put the Deck
• Graveyard: Where cards go after you use them
• Field Zone: Where you put Field Spells
• Extra Deck Zone: Where yout put special cards face-down
RushDuelField.jpg

Rush Duel's Traits
● DRAW A LOT!!
• Draw until you have 5 cards in your hand during your Draw Phase
• The player with the first turn draws 1 as well
• If you hand size is 5 or more, you still draw 1
• No limit to your hand size
● CONTINUOUS SUMMONS!!
• You can Normal Summon/Set monsters from your hand as many times as you want per turn

Rush Duel's Procedures
[Duel Start]
(1) Draw Phase
(2) Main Phase
(3) Battle Phase
(4) End Phase
[To Opponent's Turn]

Regarding The Effects of Rush Duel Monsters
• The effect of a face-up monster on the field can only use its effect once per turn while it remains face-up
As you can imagine, this is a much more chaotic version of the game where you want to dump your entire hand on the field in one turn to draw as much cards as possible next turn.

Yuga will be the king of game he also invented with his powerful Spellcaster deck! where his ace is the Level 7, DARK, Spellcaster-Type, Seven Roads Magician!

The first we have to notice about this card is it's brand new card layout. Cards for RUSH DUEL have a modernized look that once again apes from the card design we've seen in games such as Vanguard or Buddyfight. The biggest changes are that Instead of the traditional stars at the top of the card, the Level of the monster now sits as single star at the bottom of the artwork with the card's level on it, also the card's ATK and DEF are now much more prominent and easier to read.

Overall, while I like the old layout, it's undeniable that these changes are for the better. The information on the cards is easier to obtain and one quick look at the card will immediately let you know all of it's basic stats. Don't lie, you too sat down and counted the stars on cards to know what their level was in the old layout. I feel like this layout would be great for the classic game as well....Alas RUSH DUEL cards are illegal to play with your old cards, and the two styles cannot be mixed despite having the same card backs.

Seven Roads Magician himself looks like ass. He's a gremlin whose head was set on fire...and wears a BDSM suit...and a blue scarf. It looks under designed and over designed at the same time. That creepy smile on its face I feel like I've seen it a billion times before in other anime based card games. And it's weapon straight up looks phallic. The background is KILLER though as I am a total sucker for magic spellcasting circles, and the new layout really gives the background enough space to breathe and serve it's purpose correctly.

I'm not writing off the design's on Yuga's cards just now because one of his other revealed monster cards "Windcaster Torna" is aces and much more in line with my expectations for a spellcaster deck. If anything, I'm happy to see there's variety in his deck designs despite having a set theme....After 120 episodes of TRON, you appreciate that kind of stuff.

The effect of the card is extremely basic, a simple buff effect that has a cost and requires that you set up your graveyard beforehand, I guess they're weary of going to wild with the effects with an untested playstyle, particularly one as manic as RUSH DUEL.

Finally it's stats are 2100/1500, officially breaking with the "Ace monster has 2500 ATK" tradition that was kind of broken in the past gen when they retconned Decode Talker as Yusaku's ace monster when Firewall Dragon was banned. For a level 7 monster that requires 2 tributes to summon, even if you can summon it quickly with the Rush Duels....Those stats are just terrible and not worth just keeping your 2 monsters. The only reason to play this card and lose two monsters is to either get the most of its effect or guarantee an extra Mass Draw next turn.

In terms of support the new spell card "Wind Spirit Blessing" will let you buff Seven Road and any spellcaster type monster by 1000 ATK by sending a card in your deck to the grave
GetHelpFromFairies.jpg

Not bad for a starter set!

You might be worried about me not saying anything about the main game after mentioning that Link Rules will be gone...Worry not! The classic YGO game will continue to be supported with new expansions, in fact the TCG won't even adapt RUSH DUEL for America and Europe. As of now, Rush is Japan's problem

The classic game will continue to get sets themes and support for fan favorite cards, in fact the sets for the main game will no longer be dragged down by shitty anime cards that need to fill up set space to promote the anime. RUSH sets will be done separately from main sets and so will my reviews, this situation forces me to change the approach to reviewing.

Now I will review anime cards AND whatever new cards are introduced in the new sets that are recognizable enough to warrant a review. Reviews will go up without a schedule, as the Generation is ongoing and announcements can happen at any time....And also because I need to focus on my graduation project.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Those new card frames are a massive improvement over the older ones- especially if they allow for larger text boxes on cards that need it.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those new card frames are a massive improvement over the older ones- especially if they allow for larger text boxes on cards that need it.
The new frames are only for rush duel cards, which are completely divorced from the OCG and the TCG (and not even being released in the TCG markets atm) and are apparently going to have simpler effects (which are all apparently soft once per turns by default) so there shouldn't be large text boxes on these cards in the first place

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Guess I'll contine with this thread since I can't...you know, go out.

Rush Dragon Dragears
Generation 7: SEVENS
Users: Kamijo "Rook" Tatsuhisa
Artwork:
300px-RushDragonDragears-RDKP01-JP-RR.png

[Requirement] You can send the top card of your Deck to the GY.
[Effect] This turn, this card can make a second attack during the Battle Phase it destroyed a monster by battle.

In Goha City, the young "Luke" Tatsuhisa is known to be the best duelist in school, always looking for new challenges

Rook takes an immediate interest on Yuga's Rush Duel Format, and helps him bypass the Duel Disk's system protections to install the new rules into all Duel Disk's in the City. To do this, he makes use of his unique talent, unlike Yugam who is an inventor and is always coming with new invention, Luke basically destroys any technological thing he touches, Rook himself believes that this is due to his soul being possessed by a demon, but Yuga believes that it may be an example of the Pauli effect.

As soon as the new rules are installed and ready, Rook challenges Yuga, and in the most "Sorry about VRAINS" fashion he defeats our protagonist two episodes in with his powerful Level 8, Dragon-Type,LIGHT, Effect Monster "Rush Dragon Dragears"

The artwork of Dragears is pretty unique...Or maybe anything feels unique after so much TRON, but in a game filled with all kinds of crazy dragons, Dragears feels pretty memorable, it has quite alot of that Gen 1 Dragon design with a simple color scheme and easing on the adornments a bit. The posing is very Gen one-ish too and reminds of Blue-Eye's original pose, as for the background. It shows seven stars, because SEVENS duh and it's pretty cool looking, each star accentuates each part of the dragon's body.

With a pretty solid 2500 ATK and a rather mediocre 1500 DEF, Dragears is an absolute BEAST in Rush Duel format,Rush Duel rules make it incredibly easy to summon, and those same rules usually encourage the player to dump his hand into the field, which makes it easier for Dragears effect pretty deadly as it can make two attacks on monsters each turn. In a Rush Duel, two 2500 ATK hits against two weak monsters your opponent dropped into the field to maximize his draw next turn could prove game ending. The beauty of Rush Duels is how such a mundane effect in Advance Format can be really good in this format, it makes things fresh and it really accentuates how these formats are supposed to be two completely different takes on the game.

Dragears is a great card, one I hope we see if Konami gets their heads out of their asses and brings Rush Cards to the TCG.

Next Up!
giphy.gif

Feb 24, 2018
Couldn't find an official YGO discussion thread on Resetera and I remember this thread got used for general YGO talk so I'll post this here (ALSO YAY!!!! Hadn't noticed the Gen 7 reviews being posted so that was a treat to see and read (: ).

I was inspired to do this by a Nintendo vs Capcom fan roster people here were working on in the Smash thread a few weeks back. I decided to make my own fan roster (or a Mark 1 of it) for a dream fighting game, a Pokemon vs Yu-Gi-Oh game, based on balance, fan popularity, iconism, gameplay, typing, archetype, competitive play, synergy etc.

Pokemon side: Pickachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Ninetales, Mewtwo, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Lucario, Chandelure, Greninja, Mimikyu and Toxtricity (additional being: Snorlax, Scizor, Tyranitar, Aegislash and Dragapult)

Yu-Gi-Oh side: Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Relinquished, Elemental Hero Neos, Cyber Dragon, Blackwing Armor Master, Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord, Number 39: Utopia, D/D/D Doom King Armageddon, Borreload Dragon, Sevens Road Magician and Tour Guide of the Underworld (Additional being: Red Eyes Black Dragon, Harpie Lady, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En and Trickster Holly Angel) Think most fans would be okay with this roster?