• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Just happened during BitSummit.

There was a talk segment. Kamiya said he is working on Bayonetta 3 in some capacity and he can't wait to share more information in the future.

The following is what Inaba had to say, translated and paraphrased:

- PG is working on a bunch of interesting games.
- One title in particular they think is new and innovative that you've never seen before will turn the action genre on its head.
- A lot of people at PlatinumGames don't even know about this Top Secret project.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yay!

He's not talking about Bayo 3 though? I remember them saying that game will represent a "new direction" for them as well.

Exciting times ahead for Platinum it seems!

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Sweet, always love seeing where these bold statements end up. I'm sure if Platinum says that it will be a big deal.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully this game comes along with a new engine instead of the dated POS they've been using...
Either way im not getting my hopes up. Platinum is more miss than hit.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Having just replayed Metal Gear Rising, I need more P* games in my life. The system of endless light attacks that can seamlessly transform into chains using timing and heavy attacks was amazing. Using the directional stick plus the attack button for a parry system beats DMC's Royal Guard and Bayonetta's Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa. Then there's the slicing and zandatsu technique! AND THE BOSSES!

I really want a spiritual successor to MGR.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Just happened during BitSummit.

A talk segment occured where Inaba mentioned PG are working on various games and mentioned they are working on a game that they think hasn't been done before and will turn the action genre on its head.

Before that, Kamiya said he is working on Bayonetta 3 in some capacity.

Go back a few minutes here in this stream linked if you just saw the thread open. (It's still currently live streaming.)

Flip the genre on its head...

I thought an idea. Vanquish 2, set in a space station where there's artificial magnetised gravity, so the ceiling can have buildings and stuff on it like the floor. The game plays like vanquish 1 with a big difference - you can press a button and switch personal gravity from the ceiling to the floor like VVVVVV.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Krayonetta

2s1rmJF.png

Oct 25, 2017
Flip the genre on its head...

I thought an idea. Vanquish 2, set in a space station where there's artificial magnetised gravity, so the ceiling can have buildings and stuff on it like the floor. The game plays like vanquish 1 with a big difference - you can press a button and switch personal gravity from the ceiling to the floor like VVVVVV.
Don't think they'll make a vanquish 2 since SEGA probably doesn't want it and it's kind of Mikami's baby.

Wesley-Σ

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully this game comes along with a new engine instead of the dated POS they've been using...
Either way im not getting my hopes up. Platinum is more miss than hit.
It's a great engine, what are you on about?

and i'd hope they get sued.
Your weird obsession with flaming PlatinumGames for Scalebound is perverted, but unneeded.

Everything Scalebound related was confiscated by Microsoft.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
"When you dodge this enemy, everything goes into slow motion.

We call it...uh...um...

Warlock Period."

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Platinum mostly delivers when they have time and money i wonder who is financing this genre bending action game

Oct 25, 2017
They also asked the crowd if they who played W101 (sounds like not many raised their hands) and then they asked if people would buy it on Switch and Kamiya smiled at the response.

Continuously asking might mean it's still not happening, but I hope they get that going soon.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully a character action game and not an action RPG.

and pls no Bayonetta's witch time or dodge offset.

I want fresh and innovation.