• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Screenshot_2020-02-03_at_20.21.48.png

It sounds like it's not out of the question.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Astral Chain is succesful, I don't know if Nintendo would let that one go easily.

But weirder things happened anyway.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it a few days ago so it's gonna be ported to PC for sure now where I would have rather have played it, you're welcome PC gamers.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's not gonna happen I think.

TW101 KS happened because Nintendo allowed it to, likely because the game bombed. AC however is a much bigger success and sold over 1m. I don't see Nintendo giving it up

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain and W101 are vastly different situations. One was a flop and one was a success that's already gotten talk of a sequel.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_2020-02-03_at_20.21.48.png

It sounds like it's not out of the question.
in another answer they talked about nintendo cutting them a deal for the 101 ip, so if this multiplat venture is a success, they'll probably try to get another deal.

past nintendo would have probably laughed them off the office at the idea, but new nintendo is strange, so who knows

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to have it on PC for 60FPS.
I'd like to think that Astral Chain would end up 60fps wherever else it landed, but I'm with ya. I want mouse support, lol. Sounds crazy but I rigged up my own mouse and keyboard control scheme when I played the game, and controlling the Legion with a mouse felt just right, like I was controlling a cursor on-screen. I could maneuver through and chain. enemies without a second thought.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They also say in the very next paragraph that it's Nintendo's call and not PG. Curious that you didn't put that in OP Jawbreaker

Ask Nintendo. It's not happening.
zpoLQ4g.png

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
in another answer they talked about nintendo cutting them a deal for the 101 ip, so if this multiplat venture is a success, they'll probably try to get another deal.

past nintendo would have probably laughed them off the office at the idea, but new nintendo is strange, so who knows
Paradoxically, the more successful the Kickstarter of W101, the more money Nintendo will ask for by Astral Chain. W101 sold 200K, Astral Chain has already sold more than one million.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I do not want to think bad, but that the OP has not put the second paragraph is shady.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
AC sold well. I'd totally buy it again on PS or Xbox, but I wouldn't get my hopes up or hold my breath for it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Game was a lot of fun, and I really hope a sequel comes and kinks out some flaws and is a huge jump!

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It probably won't be for a while, if ever. In the case of W101, Nintendo was unhappy with the sales and sold the full rights back to Platinum, which is why they are now Kickstarting a re-release for self-publishing. Astral Chain sold pretty well, so I doubt Nintendo will let go of the reins here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

TW101 KS happened because Nintendo allowed it to, likely because the game bombed. AC however is a much bigger success and sold over 1m. I don't see Nintendo giving it up
With the way this answer is worded i don't think it has much less chance of happening tbh. Nintendo has shown flexibility in letting PC ports being made of its funded games. I wouldn't be surprised if its just an extended period of time which is the difference between Daemon x Machina and astral chain's release time between switch and PC ports.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
With the way this answer is worded i don't think it has much less chance of happening tbh. Nintendo has shown flexibility in letting PC ports being made of its funded games. I wouldn't be surprised if its just an extended period of time which is the difference between Daemon x Machina and astral chain's release time between switch and PC ports.
Nintendo doesn't own DxM, they own AC and it was a success for them. TW101 had no value to them.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo has no ownership of Daemon X Machina.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Nintendo doesn't own DxM, they own AC and it was a success for them. TW101 had no value to them.
They partially own astral chain and not fully which means that its fully out of the picture. The rest of the bit i said in the above comment is just my speculation like with any other timed exclusive hunch i've had from console to PC in the past.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Which ones?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I would have laughed at the idea before the W101 Kickstarter

Still don't think it will happen but you never know

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Who knows? It all depends on the relationship between Nintendo and PG. They might do more of the deals or they might not. But I certainly hope we won't get dozens of thread port-begging for Nintendo IPs on other consoles now.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Yeah, I think they allowed W101 because they didn't want to do anything with the IP. I can definitely see Nintendo wanting to continue the Astral Chain IP, and so I doubt they will give the go-ahead for a multiplat port.

Oct 26, 2017
I can see Nintendo being cool with a PC port, in all honesty. We're seeing MS and Sony allowing for PC ports of 1st party non-internal games and I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo followed suit, but not so much any other platform. TW101 is a bit of a special case

Status
Not open for further replies.