• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes delayed to 2023 in Japan, development update video

Level-5 has released an Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes development update video featuring company CEO Level-5, who shows off the latest footage of the game running on Switch.
  • Level-5 has released an Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroesd evelopment update video featuring company CEO Level-5, who shows off the latest footage of the game running on Switch.
  • Hino apologized for the game's long, ongoing development, but said that he wants to reward fans with a perfect game. Currently, it is moving forward with plans for release in 2023 in Japan.
  • The game is being developed as a "culmination" of the Inazuma Eleven series, with the idea of making it the series' defining entry.
  • Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes will be available for PlayStation 4, Switch, iOS, and Android.
  • According to Hino, the final version of the game will be incomparable to the work-in-progress footage.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks quite good, if they just could release it at some point.
Ino what are you doing?

Release the game already!
jesus... it's been delayed to 2023
www.gematsu.com

Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes delayed to 2023 in Japan, development update video

Level-5 has released an Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes development update video featuring company CEO Level-5, who shows off the latest footage of the game running on Switch.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
well nice to know something exist, but yeah not going to even bother getting excited

Subhero

Nov 18, 2018
Well, if this is the Gameplay, I'm disappointed. Afaicr you could do football matches against other teams. Seems that they have skipped it with this iteration.
No buy!

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
  • July 2016 - Inazuma Eleven Ares is announced
  • October 2017 - It's given a summer 2018 release period
  • June 2018 - the release is delayed until fall, also a western release announced for 2019
  • October 2018 - release is delayed until winter
  • December 2018 - delayed until sometime after May 2019
  • September 2019 - game is renamed to Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes, now delayed until spring 2020
  • April 2020 - make that 2021
  • April 2021 - you know, we're actually feeling 2023, yeah that's a good year

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Cursed game. My friend has been waiting for years. He's not gonna like this news lol

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
The previous updates about the game:

(Sep 27, 2019) Inazuma Eleven Ares retitled Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes, launches spring 2020 in Japan

(Mar 18, 2020) Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes facing development difficulties

(April 1, 2020) Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes delayed to 2021 in Japan, new details

(Sep 21, 2020) Level-5 prioritizing "Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Academy Y – Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu" over "Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes"

It doesn't look good for Level-5, doesn't it?
I recall, they restarted development (changing studios, from an outsource to an in house studio) but still, they gave us dates to look forward... Why they still gave dates?

Releasing on Android, Switch and PS4 in 2023? Not convinced on the Android release.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Game looks great, though, with what games are they surviving until then? With this Ni No Kuni Mobile game? I do not understand Level 5 from a business standpoint.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
When games get delayed this many times over the years I generally just assume it isn't coming out at all.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Yep, that's it, Level 5 is not making it to the end of 2023, they either close down or sell to somebody within these two and a half years in my book.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
pffffffffffffhahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • June 2018 - the release is delayed until fall, also a western release announced for 2019
  • September 2019 - game is renamed to Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes, now delayed until spring 2020
You forgot about how the Ares anime started and ended then the SEQUEL anime started and ended.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They seem to be reusing a lot from Inazuma Strikers... Which isn't a bad idea, but still that release date 😅

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
PS4 in 2023? In Japan? They might as well just release it on Switch at that point there and on PS4 everywhere else but... on PS4 in 2023? Uh... I don't think that's a good idea... Though this entire game has not been a good idea since the beginning, we might be seeing another Switch revision/successor at that point too. What are they releasing this year again? I know COVID has been hard on everyone but they won't be able to release it in 2023 if they go under due to bad game performance and/or not releasing anything for too long.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
5 years of delays for a game that might sell 150k units is quite ... let's call it ambitious.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
What's gonna release sooner this or Ushiro? 🤔
I'm really worried Ushiro is going to be completely retooled into something I don't want by the time it comes out :(

The Level-5 who announced it was on top of the world and could afford to make weirder games that didn't appeal to the wider market. Their current situation is going to force their hand in some respects, and probably junk the turn based combat and horror elements.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy f*ck Level 5, this is crazy.
Will they even survive that long, I'm not sure they can rely on that warchest money from Yokai Watch for this long without another big success.
And to say I am a big Inazuma Eleven fan, this really hurt.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
That's an impressive delay, wow. Kinda weird too considering how polished it already looks.

Someone should take bets on whether this, Bayo 3, or Metroid Prime 4 comes out first.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
This company is in such a bad place right now.

The footage also looks so early. I don't know what is happening with the direction of this game once they brought it in house.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
By the time this comes out (if it actually comes out), I have almost certainly stopped caring.

Wasn't that because of some weird trademark dispute about the word Galaxy?
If it was then it's a stupid reason because all previous IE localizations had at least one version where the subtitle was changed from the original Japanese subtitle.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
And to think at one point level-5 was on the cusp of having a media empire akin to pokemon. There will be case studies on just how far this studio has cratered.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
This isblike itd 4th delay and the second one after the reboot? Impressive.

LEVEL-5 remains a FLOP

ezgif-2-3bae5618b51a.gif

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to read a postmortem about this game's development when all is said and done.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
First I thought we were already in 2022 but then I realized the game is 2 years off. What the heck are they doing with this game?

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
There's a good chance that between this game's announcement and release, Metroid Prime 4 goes through the cycle of announced --> started development --> restarted development with Retro --> released. Absolutely insane lol.

Of course that's assuming Level-5 manages to release it at all.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no interest in this game or series, but I love to know wtf is going on behind the scenes.

Isn't this the game where there was supposed to be an anime that launched alongside it, but the anime already came out and finished long ago due to all the delays?