• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
c/o the official website

banner_whf2018.png

Game is scheduled to launch this summer for the Switch and PS4, and a mobile release is apparently planned for some point in the future.

img_product_footer_sp.png

make soccer cry if old

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just a small note: Level-5 officially referred to it as simply "Inazuma Eleven Ares" in its English press release when the game was first announced in 2016. I know the Japanese subtitle is "Ares no Tenbin," but the localized subtitle as far as we know is just "Ares."

Also, the summer release is for all versions unless there's something I'm not seeing on the official site.

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just a small note: Level-5 officially referred to it as simply "Inazuma Eleven Ares" in its English press release when the game was first announced in 2016. I know the Japanese subtitle is "Ares no Tenbin," but the localized subtitle as far as we know is just "Ares."

Also, the summer release is for all versions unless there's something I'm not seeing on the official site.

Mobile release is TBD as far as I know, like all Level-5 mobile ports

http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15441549

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Probably to differentiate it from the cartoon, which probably won't air in the west

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It appears there was more to this than I initially surmised. The series premieres in the Philippines soon, the official title is Inazuma Eleven Ares, and there is a logo reflecting this on promotional materials. Noted.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It appears there was more to this than I initially surmised. The series premieres in the Philippines soon, the official title is Inazuma Eleven Ares, and there is a logo reflecting this on promotional materials. Noted.

Curious what the logo looks like - can't find an image online. Can you share this?

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed the DS games.

Is there any footage of gameplay? I'd like for it to still be RPG focused.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the game is good. Compared to the OG and even Go, the anime isn't all that great.

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok rad. That's exactly the game I wanted it to be. Will definitely be buying.

Me too! I'm actually thinking of claiming the OT which I've never done despite years of hanging around these parts. Very excited to build a community of gamers here who have imported.

The cover looks amazing. Im definitely in for this game.

Yeah, the box art is fantastic. Here's hoping the home menu icon lives up to it!

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they try to localize this to NA one more time. Their attempt last time was quite sad to say the least. I am enjoying the anime more than anything past the first season of Go, so it would be nice to get the game without having to pay an outrageous price.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would dispute that immensely.
Maybe it's just the pacing thus far. Matches are too rushed and it doesn't feel as if any of the characters are designated much development or personality. Unlike both the OG and Go, I can hardly remember anyone's name, and I find the coach's gimmick to be tiresome and we're not even too far into the show. Also the edgy tan skin guy feels like yet another retread of Tsurugi in both personality and backstory. Same with the trope of "seemingly useless training turning out to be the key to winning" which has been done enough in the series already. I'll keep with it in hopes that it'll improve, but so far it hasn't done much to stand out compared to the first two series in a good way imo.

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they try to localize this to NA one more time. Their attempt last time was quite sad to say the least. I am enjoying the anime more than anything past the first season of Go, so it would be nice to get the game without having to pay an outrageous price.

This would be a great time to pester Level-5 Abby about just such a thing. The IE 3DS American localization (voice acting aside) was literally a find+replace job, could not have been easier. With the series popping up relatively quickly in the Philippines and France and I think I heard Germany?, there's at least some reason to believe that a game localization is already in the works. The decision with regard to where those localizations are going is probably being made now-ish.

If anything, it's the perfect game to localize for NA. They localized the first, and this is technically a sequel to the first. Tada! There's their in.

Also, if you're in Canada, importing the game from Japan is literally cheaper than a 79.99+Tax local copy.

Maybe it's just the pacing thus far. Matches are too rushed and it doesn't feel as if any of the characters are designated much development or personality. Unlike both the OG and Go, I can hardly remember anyone's name, and I find the coach's gimmick to be tiresome and we're not even too far into the show. Also the edgy tan skin guy feels like yet another retread of Tsurugi in both personality and backstory. Same with the trope of "seemingly useless training turning out to be the key to winning" which has been done enough in the series already. I'll keep with it in hopes that it'll improve, but so far it hasn't done much to stand out compared to the first two series in a good way imo.

Going back and actually re-watching the previous seasons as a result of my Ares hype has exposed what I consider to be some cracks in this argument. It's no secret that some western fans are at least a touch disappointed in Ares' anime, and you echo much of that sentiment. At this point in the OG generation, did anybody give a shit about 50% of the team? Like, who was Kurimatsu? Shourin? They didn't matter, and ultimately never did. Did you remember Shourin's name at this point in the OG? What about the guy with the glasses in GO? What was his deal? If anything, I'm actually more invested in this cast, even just as a result of the montage of them preparing to leave the island. That was more development, even for like Golem and Hanta, than a lot of the OG cast would ever get. Jin? Like, did we ever learn a thing about Jin past his character gimmick? Where'd he even go?

If the issue is that it's a retread (episode 8 of Ares featuring a match against the same team as in episode 8 of OG, with some other similarities sprinkled in), then I'll definitely give you that. They're clearly leaning in on nostalgia for the older fans, and an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ideology with regard to their approach to new fans. But, as far as I can tell, they've already laid the groundwork for another complete story arc after this one, and I'm excited to see where this story takes us. We still know very little about the primary antagonist, nothing with regard to this motivations, a miniscule amount with regard to his methods for achieving that ideology... and I'm intrigued. I want to know about the conspiracy behind Ares, and the main cast is still a fair distance from it. I wanna know where the rest of the OG team ended up. I wanna root for the opposing teams on some level, which Inazuma Eleven has almost never given me in the entirety of the OG and GO runs. Give it time. If you became a diehard fan of Inazuma Eleven, it's not because of the first 10 episodes, and these first 10 have given me, at least, more to chew on.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel Ares anime was less...energetic than original seasons, but still much better than Chrono Stone/Galaxy. Go's story was actually fun but the matches with the avatar thingy was boring, and it showed less creativity in super moves.

Ares's premise was very weak and hard to take (original Raimon spread into enemy teams? I felt like it's much exciting if the new Raimon was actually fighting for their original school) but the matches seems to be more fun. They also focused on the enemy rival first, we don't have a Raimon character focused episode yet.

At the very least, if IE Ares (the game) is localized in Europe at l can still play it now, bless region free.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This would be a great time to pester Level-5 Abby about just such a thing. The IE 3DS American localization (voice acting aside) was literally a find+replace job, could not have been easier. With the series popping up relatively quickly in the Philippines and France and I think I heard Germany?, there's at least some reason to believe that a game localization is already in the works. The decision with regard to where those localizations are going is probably being made now-ish.

If anything, it's the perfect game to localize for NA. They localized the first, and this is technically a sequel to the first. Tada! There's their in.

Also, if you're in Canada, importing the game from Japan is literally cheaper than a 79.99+Tax local copy.

Going back and actually re-watching the previous seasons as a result of my Ares hype has exposed what I consider to be some cracks in this argument. It's no secret that some western fans are at least a touch disappointed in Ares' anime, and you echo much of that sentiment. At this point in the OG generation, did anybody give a shit about 50% of the team? Like, who was Kurimatsu? Shourin? They didn't matter, and ultimately never did. Did you remember Shourin's name at this point in the OG? What about the guy with the glasses in GO? What was his deal? If anything, I'm actually more invested in this cast, even just as a result of the montage of them preparing to leave the island. That was more development, even for like Golem and Hanta, than a lot of the OG cast would ever get. Jin? Like, did we ever learn a thing about Jin past his character gimmick? Where'd he even go?

If the issue is that it's a retread (episode 8 of Ares featuring a match against the same team as in episode 8 of OG, with some other similarities sprinkled in), then I'll definitely give you that. They're clearly leaning in on nostalgia for the older fans, and an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ideology with regard to their approach to new fans. But, as far as I can tell, they've already laid the groundwork for another complete story arc after this one, and I'm excited to see where this story takes us. We still know very little about the primary antagonist, nothing with regard to this motivations, a miniscule amount with regard to his methods for achieving that ideology... and I'm intrigued. I want to know about the conspiracy behind Ares, and the main cast is still a fair distance from it. I wanna know where the rest of the OG team ended up. I wanna root for the opposing teams on some level, which Inazuma Eleven has almost never given me in the entirety of the OG and GO runs. Give it time. If you became a diehard fan of Inazuma Eleven, it's not because of the first 10 episodes, and these first 10 have given me, at least, more to chew on.

You have a really good point about giving it time. Prior to Ares I went back to rewatch Go and the OG as well, but I skipped the first several episodes of each, probably for good reason in hindsight. Like you, I am excited to see where the original players went as well. I think the reason I want to know more about this new team is because they seem like they could be interesting characters and have great designs, but I don't recall much about many of them. Hopefully that's just something that changes with time.

The other issues I have with it (being slight retread and the quirky head coach) don't seem like things that will change anytime soon, but I absolutely love the Inazuma Eleven series, and it's been how long since the hiatus that began after Go Galaxy (like 4 or 5 years?) so I'm not going to drop it anytime soon, but I do have my reservations that hopefully lessen with time.

At the end of the day, I just thank L5 for actually putting the series on PS4/Switch which are actually region free. Importing the OG games was fine, but I bought a japanese 3DS specifically to be able to play the Go games. And I sadly was never able to even touch the Wii games.