• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I'm gonna call the Piranha plant Audrey 2.

After seeing this I want to call him Planty.

317.jpeg

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I, too, can use the least complimentary pictures to prove a point.

JPIStcH.jpg

ss_1.jpg
They can remake SFII with Smash graphics, throw in some other Capcom characters then we'd have Nintendo vs Capcom.

Seriously even Guile with AT level of detail looks authentic. First thing he did in the Direct was block lmao

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Why is SFV Ken using sharpie for his eyebrows?
They're bushy, like Ken's eyebrows are.

E6GbWCv.png

I mean just look at the CG art of him in Smash, he's got ropes pasted on his brows.

XAkn1m3.png

Thats like using the worst face to prove a point atleast use a good shot of his face from smash ultimate and not one where he pulls a funny face to prove a point.
I honestly did not try to use some intentionally bad shot unlike those who always bring up the SF5 character select screen. It was his thumbs up pose which, to me, is pretty evocative of him. A lot of the other shots I saw in-game were mostly >>>>>:((((( looking which is very un-Ken imo. Trust, if I wanted to get a bad shot of his face in Smash there is no shortage of them from the scant footage already.

OMJAAOO.png

Haha did you really think this makes Street Fighter(EX)5 look good?
Yes? It looks closer to your own avatar than Smash's does ya phony.

You post these images, trying to run from the truth.

Ken's face was the reason SFV sold so poorly at launch and Capcpom can't make Ken look good no matter how hard they try.
I love you luce.

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to people who don't think that Ken is just kind of a weird looking dude in general. I maintain my opinion that he's only ever been 'handsome' in SF3 art.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Street Fighter should just steal the cross chop, I know it's pretty much just a divekick but still.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome characters, I hate Petey Piranha but I like the plant. Neat inclusion that I didn't see coming.

Anyway I'm hoping the DLC includes:
1. Banjo
2. Chun-Li
3. Tifa (Little Mac echo?)
4. Lara Croft
5. Iwata (with Sakurai echo)

1. Banjo (Phil Spencer is ok with it, so it really is up to Nintendo)
2. Rayman or a Rabbid. I think Ubisoft and Nintendo's recent partnership could make this happen.
3. Dante from Devil May Cry
4. Another Sonic character ( Shadow, Knuckles, or Tales)
5. Raiden from Metal Gear Solid (I think it would probably be more likely that a Xenoblade 2 character though)

Thats off the top of my head. Im sure some others can think of characters that would make me rethink this.

I never thought about this until yesterday, but Bayonetta, Cloud, and Ryuu was all DLC characters. Maybe that allows both parties to make a little money off DLC with some kind of deal, because then you know how much a specific character sold.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Street Fighter (EX)5 is a hideous eyesore in general, but banana Ken was the turd-based icing on the cake.

So glad to finally have a good Ken in 3D.
Yes? It looks closer to your own avatar than Smash's does ya phony.
You should probably seen an optometrist.
Also I've used this avatar, with no changes, for over twelve years.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, Pirahna Plant is basically Harry Potter when the goblet of fire chooses Ken and Inceneroar, and once everyone thinks it's over, it spits out Pirahna Plant to the confusion of everyone.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
An actual playable Virtua Fighter character in the DLC pls and thnx. Akira as just a trophy assist is downright mean.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
This is like arguing that Road Runners true enemy is Acme.

Can you logically dismiss what I'm saying though? I'm saying he may arguably be a more legitimate Mario series villain because he's more consistently opposed to Mario.

Piranha Plant has been Mario and Yoshi's enemy more often than Bowser has. And it is one of the first enemies (besides Goomba and Koopa) that Mario faces.

At least Bowser and Mario are occasionally rivals that aren't totally opposed, but Piranha Plant has always been Mario's enemy, period.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Can you logically dismiss what I'm saying though? I'm saying he may arguably be a more legitimate Mario series villain because he's more consistently opposed to Mario.

Piranha Plant has been Mario and Yoshi's enemy more often than Bowser has. And it is one of the first enemies (besides Goomba and Koopa) that Mario faces.

At least Bowser and Mario are occasionally rivals that aren't totally opposed, but Piranha Plant has always been Mario's enemy, period.

They are rivals MOST of the time not counting spinoffs. And MOST of the time Piranha Plant is attacking Mario OR Yoshi it is under the command of Bowser, even in the first Paper Mario.

Now I see why Sakurai branded clones as echoes despite not using them to their full potential. People will rationalize anything, woke my kid up laughing so hard at that when I first read it though so it was pretty amusing.

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM

Pirahna Plant may be in more games than regular Mario (not Baby Mario).

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Hyped for Ken. Don't care for Incineroar, it's such an ugly Pokémon. Piranha Plant is a wtf addition but I welcome him.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Press release was updated:

Early Purchase Bonus: Piranha Plant takes root! The iconic enemy from the Super Marioseries is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for early purchasers. Players can purchase the digital version of the game or register their physical game card on a Nintendo Switch device by Jan. 31, 2019, to gain access to this new fighter when it is available around February 2019 at no additional cost. Piranha Plant will be available for purchase as DLC in the future. Fans can pre-purchase the game and secure the Piranha Plant reward starting today by visiting http://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...ltimate-nintendo-direct-unleashes-new-details

Meaning, Piranha Plant will not have have its own stage and music soundtracks. It's officially 108 stages with 1 extra black empty space in the corner.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty against Incineroar as the final character when the rumors were pointing to him, but seeing him in action and how much character they've put into his animation has turned me to actually be pretty excited for him.

As much as Decidueye is my favorite Alolan started, personality wise he'd be another Lucario or Greninja. The showmanship of wrestle-cat brings a lot of great flavor to the game.

mcgrem

Dec 13, 2017
I was pretty against Incineroar as the final character when the rumors were pointing to him, but seeing him in action and how much character they've put into his animation has turned me to actually be pretty excited for him.

As much as Decidueye is my favorite Alolan started, personality wise he'd be another Lucario or Greninja. The showmanship of wrestle-cat brings a lot of great flavor to the game.

I totally agree with you. I really hated the idea of Incineroar in this game since his design was totally unappealing to me. The over the top wrestling poses really turned that character around for me. Looks super fun to play. Sakurai seems to know what he is doing (and all the other people working on this behemoth of a game).

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017

Sakurai magic strikes again.

I am also a new fan of Incineroar. And feel daft for thinking he would be a boring pick for Smash.