• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
NO. BANJO. KAZOOIE. IN SMASH.

Happy 20th birthday Banjo. Everyone forgot you.

1541083653-am5vygxmo-480w-v1.jpg

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A plant got chosen over many popular characters. Disappointed final reveal, Rex being deconfirmed for dlc hurt the most.

Nov 13, 2017
I love Piranha Plant.

Ultimate looks amazing in so, so many ways.

Here's to hoping that Octolings, or Captain Cuttlefish, or DJ Octavio make it into the DLC pack, and literally my wishlist will be completely fulfilled.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Incineroar was my starter in SM and I couldn't care less about his inclusion. So... that's bad.

Really wanted more non-Pokemon JRPG characters. Instead we were just taunted with the stupid Rex costume.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird to have a new smash without a retro character like ROB, Mr. Game and Watch,and Duck Hunt. Guess there's always DLC for Mach Rider or something. RIP to Isaac and Shadow wanters though

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Leaving Ken and Incineroar for the end was fucking atrocious and they should feel bad about it. Literally all they had to do was swap this reveal with Ridley or K. Rool's and they could have ended on a high note.

Piranha Plant on the other hand is hysterical. I almost feel like they picked him because they knew he's the one character who would never leak.

"Guys, the final newcomer is Piranha Plant! I swear! GUYS!!!"

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Piranha Plant is, no joke. A far better choice than Isabelle ever was. I would have legit preferred Isabelle as DLC so i could ignore her forever.

Incineroar is also amazing, i love how he, with his tag team partner Ken, single handedly destroyed every single rumour up to this point.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I feel bad for all those insiders that caught shit because others couldn't keep their hype in check.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for my avatar, had a feeling #team real was done for a few days ago, but I decided to sink with the ship like an honorable (and maybe stupid) captain!

On another note: Pirhana Plant is a fucking amazing idea for a troll character, NOBODY would have guessed that!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Incineroar looks awesome. (Though I was hoping Masked Royale would appear with him.) Ken is meh, but I always welcome more hunks. Piranha Plant is random as hell.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Piranha Plant is the character I didn't know I wanted till he was here.

I think Rex still has a shot, small one, but still a shot. It's not like he's an Assist Trophy like Springman, Who I felt would be saved for the next Smash.
They said that the characters were planned out before Xenoblade 2 so he's not in the game.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Two underwhelming reveals for the final Smash Direct. I could really not be any less interested in Incineroar. I really don't like its design at all and would have rather had Blaziken or another Fighting type Pokemon. Piranha Plant was the best character shown in the last Direct and it's DLC.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Piranha Plant is like my favorite possible outcome for a new Mario character and he's half a dlc character too so I'm content. Spirits and world of light look awesome. Ken will be fun. Now for the real question, when will they reveal the first dlc paid character

Nov 1, 2017
Well, i appreciate that they ripped that bandaid off real quick. But Nintendo are so fucking dumb. If Isaac/Shadow was an assist trophy all this time and there is all this huge talk going on about them being fighters (along with a shitload of other highly requested fighters) then all they had to do was release an update on their website showing his assist trophy status and in one fell swoop they could have cut that off at the pass.

But no, they let this fake leak simmer and fester until it built up quite frankly unreasonable levels of discussion, hype and unrealistic expectations. Not how i would have played it.

Of course now we know there are 5 newcomers still as DLC the rumours wont stop until they announce the last one. Not paying attention to any leaks from now on though. Fool me once...

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Piranha Plant is genuinely an amazing pick for an out of left field character; I only wish it was available at launch instead of as a DLC fighter

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Rex with Pyra and Wonder Red dream is dead.
Why? Sakurai specifically mentioned that Rex couldn't be in the roster because he didn't even exist when it was made.
So dumb. Mario and Pokemon didn't need another rep. Especially not the two we got.

Mario has 9 reps now.

Pokemon has 8.

Fire Emblem only has 7.

So dumb. We better get a Three House character as DLC. Fire Emblem deserves to at least tie Pokemon.
LOL, hopefully sarcasm.

Piranha Plant is the greatest thing ever. No leak, no speculation, just a WTF reveal. Kudos, Sakurai-san.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Sakurai wins once again. Never trust a leak that has Geno in it.

Also for everyone saying Rex is 100% deconfirmed as DLC the Mii got also Inkling costumes.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Well, i appreciate that they ripped that bandaid off real quick. But Nintendo are so fucking dumb. If Isaac/Shadow was an assist trophy all this time and there is all this huge talk going on about them being fighters (along with a shitload of other highly requested fighters) then all they had to do was release an update on their website showing his assist trophy status and in one fell swoop they could have cut that off at the pass.

But no, they let this fake leak simmer and fester until it built up quite frankly unreasonable levels of discussion, hype and unrealistic expectations. Not how i would have played it.

Of course now we know there are 5 newcomers still as DLC the rumours wont stop until they announce the last one. Not paying attention to any leaks from now on though. Fool me once...
Don't see how that is Nintendo's fault.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ask my mum before each smash direct what her character predictions were and one of them was Piranha plant. I didn't say anything but at the time I thought how stupid that was and how it was never going to happen. I guess I was wrong and she was right purely because she pretty much only knows Mario characters. Quite funny tbh.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell who's actually into Smash for reasons other than dumb roster speculation based on who's mad about Piranha Plant as a fighter

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
Pirahna Plant was there lurking in the shadows all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably won't use any of these characters, but I can't get mad at more variety. Like I said in the Direct thread, Incineroar's poses are an entertaining touch anyway.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Ken and Incineroar were boring picks to me but Piranha Plant made it worthwhile. I was chuckling my was off the whole time watching it.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Always knew some Mario enemy would get in before Waluigi

giphy.gif

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Piranha Plant is the character I didn't know I wanted till he was here.

I think Rex still has a shot, small one, but still a shot. It's not like he's an Assist Trophy like Springman, Who I felt would be saved for the next Smash.
The wording of the Rex costume, especially since they clarified he was too late for the roster, heavily implied to me that he's planned for DLC and the costume is a placeholder for now

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the same thing about the Inklings & King K. Rool back in Smash Wii U, but........ ;_; Rex's Mii Costume was even mentioned as a consolation prize due to him being too new (unless I misheard the Direct).
Sakurai said he was too new for the base game, it seemed like he wanted to put Rex in but there wasn't enough time. Won't say he's guaranteed but I think he still has a chance since I think Sakurai still really likes Xenoblade 2. If he is made as a reverse Pokemon Trainer like some speculated, it may take awhile for him to show up.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
RIP

Rex + Pyra
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Issac
Shadow

Though that really does open up potential DLC though. Banjo dream still lives