• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Controls seem way too janky and level design overly chaotic for my tastes.

Presentation was impressive though.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Well, depends on whether you mean "a full game with cutscenes throughout" or just "a story with a beginning, a journey, and an end". Because Sonic Robo Blast 2 has the latter, mainly with a proper opening cutscene will full dialogue and establishing the plot and an ending where Eggman's latest plan is foiled.

I meant the former but I need to play Robo Blast 2.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It looks great for a fan game, but oh dear god it's just dripping in 3D Sonic jank, I'm getting frustrated just watching

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I meant the former but I need to play Robo Blast 2.

A new update of Sonic Robo Blast 2 is probably coming this weekend (it was supposed to be out already, but based on their tweets the devs seem to be stuck in a cycle where every bug fixed introduces a new bug).

If you were planning to play now, I'd wait a few days first. But I highly recommend the game.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It is too slow for Sonic and yet is too fast for its open structure. The Level design is a complete mess as well and does not communicate well with the player where to go next. Which is extremely important in an arcade platformer such as Sonic.
The level design is a demo area meant to show off the movement systems, not an actual level of a real game. Of course, that is the problem with these 3D Sonic fan-games: the ones with potential aren't actual games, and the ones that are actual games usually aren't actually good.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The level design is a demo area meant to show off the movement systems, not an actual level of a real game. Of course, that is the problem with these 3D Sonic fan-games: the ones with potential aren't actual games, and the ones that are actual games usually aren't actually good.
I think SRB2 is really the only genuinely good and basically complete 3D Sonic fangame out there. And it's a goddamn Doom mod, well, technically.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I can't play it. As soon as I start the game it opens steam VR. While the game displays the title screen just fine, as soon as I start the game I get a black screen (with the game starting in the background). Closing steam VR also closes the game...

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
A new update of Sonic Robo Blast 2 is probably coming this weekend (it was supposed to be out already, but based on their tweets the devs seem to be stuck in a cycle where every bug fixed introduces a new bug).

If you were planning to play now, I'd wait a few days first. But I highly recommend the game.
I'll definitely take a look.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is too slow for Sonic and yet is too fast for its open structure. The Level design is a complete mess as well and does not communicate well with the player where to go next. Which is extremely important in an arcade platformer such as Sonic.

That's how game engines are tested, there's no level design. I can see that engine being used in linear Adventure/Unleashed/Generation like levels perfectly fine, it's better than Sega's engine.

Now Sonic Utopia is the one that's overhyped. Sonic doesn't work in open world levels.