• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Mohdi has been pushing for an ethnostate since before he became Prime Minister so no surprise there.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Muslims are getting fucked everywhere in the world. It's becoming harder and harder to be a Muslim.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
"There are Muslim countries, there are Jew countries, everybody has their own identity. And we are a billion-plus, right? We must have one identity," said Ravi Kishan, a famous action-film hero and member of Parliament who is a central supporter of the citizenship legislation.
When asked if he was trying to turn India into a Hindu nation, he laughed. "India has always been a Hindu nation," he said. "The Muslims also are Hindus."
Jew countries? The hate is strong with this one.

Also this is pretty massive too, India is building mass concentration camps to round up Muslims as soon as the law goes in effect
The Indian government is already racing to build an enormous network of prisons to house thousands of migrants. If immigration law is applied selectively, Hindu migrants who are swept up in raids may be released and allowed to apply for citizenship, while Muslim migrants could instead be sent to detention camps, opponents say.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Many in the region of Assam are currently protesting the bill. The military has been deployed and curfews have been put into effect.

Reminder that for months India has been stripping Muslims in the region of their citizenship and moving them to detention camps (and trying to deport them):

It's also worth noting that India has more Muslim citizens than any country in the world apart from Indonesia and maybe Pakistan and its constitution prohibits discrimination on the basis of religion.

The current ultra-nationalistic BJP government is working to change both aspects -- Modi was considered a terrorist by governments worldwide (including that of the United States) for the mass murders of Muslims that took place under his watch, but upon becoming Prime Minister, those crimes were swept under the rug.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The current ultra-nationalistic BJP government is working to change both aspects -- Modi was considered a terrorist by governments worldwide (including that of the United States) for the mass murders of Muslims that took place under his watch, but upon becoming Prime Minister, those crimes were swept under the rug.
w5eG6fA.png

Thanks Obama.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
It's only gonna get worse with climate change and mass migrations. We are quite fucked.

As much as there's a lot a truth to this, just throwing up our arms in the air and saying "we're fucked" isn't right. We have to fight against fascist capitalism, even if we can't win. Defeatism doesn't help anyone.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
India was already a nationalist country since it's independence. It is founded on nationalism.
India was founded on secular principles and the Constitution makes it abundantly clear. Nehru warned against the dangers of communalism and always envisioned a secular, multi religious nation where no law favored over each other.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
India was founded on secular principles and the Constitution makes it abundantly clear. Nehru warned against the dangers of communalism and always envisioned a secular, multi religious nation where no law favored over each other.
Yeah, sorry I generalized. A significant population of India believe in Nationalism since day one (because of how British treated us), and the new government is catering exactly to that crowd. The previous governments catered to that crowd but they tread lightly. Modi straight up said fuck it and got elected for that. With the rise of internet and a cellphone in everyone's hand, and the rise for WhatsApp, the nationalism spread like wildfire. Unlike US where there's people on the other side, in India the press is pro-nationalist with fear-mongering production (complete with scary music and flashy explosions and screaming reporters), and it helped feed the flames to where we are now.

Modi is doing everything he promised in his campaign. It's a shock now to people that he's following through his promise. What did they expect? People in India are happy though.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard for the international community to deal with India on these issues since they're a nuclear power, but yeah this is really fucked up

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's going to be sad and depressing. But yeah, climate change need to be a big focus in India and the rest of Asia as they'll be affected first.
that was sarcastic. one of the biggest things about climate change I'm fearful of is it leading to a nuclear exchange on the subcontinent

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
that was sarcastic. one of the biggest things about climate change I'm fearful of is it leading to a nuclear exchange on the subcontinent
Yeah, honestly if a nuclear was does occur in the near future, India and Pakistan are probably at the top of the list of countries I'd expect to be directly involved in starting said war. They're both nuclear powers, they hate each other, and are positioned such that they'll be hit hard by climate change and people often take irrational and stupid courses of action during desperate situations

Dec 31, 2017
Not surprising by the Modi government. They are Hindu-nationalists. The hundreds of millions of Muslims in India that already exist are soon going to be treated officially as second class citizens if these policies continue to progress. I mean you're allowing Hindu migrants a path to citizenship but not Muslims - you lose all credibility there. And this will also worsen relationships with Pakistan. The world is lucky that at this moment at least Imran Khan is the sensible one out of the 2 leaders. If somehow both countries had a Modi like figure everything would be absolutely fucked.

It's crazy how brazen his supporters are too. I'm worried the attitudes in that country are approaching apartheid state levels. "So what? We are a Hindu country anyway!" is sad because India was founded as a secular society. If this movement continues it'll be akin to the Islamization of Pakistan in the 80s, and it won't be good.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The fuck is he on about? Like a good chunk of their population is already muslim. Just when terrorism in the world slowed down shit like this could spark new aggressions.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I'd like to think this isn't going to stand in the Supreme Court, but given recent events and in particular the Ayodhya judgement - yeah, they're probably just going to roll over.

I'm glad there at least seems to be more of an outcry against this particular bill, especially in the North-East.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): History of misrepresenting concerns around racism
Hilarious how so few posts have shown any sort of knowledge about the bill that was passed by their parliament. The rest just jumping on board with random comments assuming Indian citizens are getting stripped of their citizenship lol.

ez4era

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Hilarious how so few posts have shown any sort of knowledge about the bill that was passed by their parliament. The rest just jumping on board with random comments assuming Indian citizens are getting stripped of their citizenship lol.

Haha right? It's almost as if they're talking about the National Register of Citizens which is a complete different thing that is stripping Indian citizens of their citizenship! Haha, what doofuses! Get your nomenclature of fascism right, Era!

How Jadax hasn't been permanently banned from this site is a mystery to me, but it probably comes with never engaging in a topic beyond tossing a pro-BJP driveby

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to think this isn't going to stand in the Supreme Court, but given recent events and in particular the Ayodhya judgement - yeah, they're probably just going to roll over.

I'm glad there at least seems to be more of an outcry against this particular bill, especially in the North-East.
For entirely different reasons than you imagine, sadly..

ez4era
This is the latest in a series of inflammatory shit being pulled by the current government. Your point being?

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supreme court will strike this down. It's unconstitutional.

ez4era
Not true CAB is a precursor to NRC which means Muslims are fucked. It's unconstitutional. Hindus and others get citizenship if they cannot prove it and Muslims will be deported if they cannot prove they belong in the country.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not true CAB is a precursor to NRC which means Muslims are fucked. It's unconstitutional. Hindus and others get citizenship if they cannot prove it and Muslims will be deported if they cannot prove they belong in the country.
Is the Supreme Court in India strongly independent?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
India is regressing under that piece of shit Modi.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
India is regressing under that piece of shit Modi.
I'm in India right now and the last time I was here was a decade ago.

Maybe it's nostalgia, but things definitely feel more uh depressing now than a decade ago, at least up north.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck?
This goes against everything that the people who fought for Independence wanted.

"We must have one identity" No we don't. Unity in Diversity was like one of the core ideals that people wanted to strive for. Hopefully the Supreme Court rejects this and tells everyone to GTFO.

I partly blame Congress party for this, for being a weak opposition and being spineless for not moving away from hereditary leadership.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Same Supreme Court that gave Modi the biggest win of his career with the Ayodhya ruling? I highly doubt they will strike this.