• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit&Nut

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Mar 16, 2018
I couldn't help but laugh when I first read this. I shouldn't though.

A 40-year-old Indian man was stabbed to death on Saturday when he refused to apologise to a dog in a New Delhi neighbourhood, Times of India reported.

The suspects stabbed Vijendar Rana six times with kitchen knives and a screwdriver.

According to reports Tommy, the dog in question, started barking when Rana's truck drove by. Upon hearing the barks, the suspects stopped the truck, pulled out Rana by his hair and told him to say sorry to Tommy.

Rana freed himself and tried fleeing away but the suspects stopped and stabbed him to death.

The victim's elder brother was stabbed thrice when he tried to help him.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...dog-stabbed-to-death/articleshow/66103800.cms

OP
OP
Fruit&Nut

Fruit&Nut

Banned
Mar 16, 2018

Essentially they pulled this guy out of a vehicle by the hair. And demanded he apologise to a dog.

Remember in India, women have even married dogs.

Well this guy refused, so they killed him. It's just ridiculous someone would demand someone apologise to a dog, even if they weren't going to kill him.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
What did he do to the dog that they felt he had to apologize for?

This story is too horrible.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
Essentially they pulled this guy out of a vehicle by the hair. And demanded he apologise to a dog.

Remember in India, women have even married dogs.

Well this guy refused, so they killed him. It's just ridiculous someone would demand someone apologise to a dog, even if they weren't going to kill him.

ODD to point that out ,is this a generalization based off one incident or many

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dont even have words to describe how I feel bout this right now. We live in the Looney Tunes dimension.

OP
OP
Fruit&Nut

Fruit&Nut

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
ODD to point that out ,is this a generalization based off one incident or many

A 4-year old Indian girl has married a

stray dog in a traditional Hindu service prompted by an

astrologer who told her father the ceremony would transfer the

evil effects of the planet Saturn from the girl to the dog.

P. Selvakumar, a 33-year-old farm labourer from the southern state of Tamil Nadu, married the four-year-old stray bitch after it was bathed and processed to his village temple dressed in an orange sari and garlanded with flowers.

An 18-year-old Indian girl has married a stray dog as part of a tribal ritual designed to ward off an evil spell.

Mangli Munda, from a remote village in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand, wed the canine in a lavish ceremony.

A very quick google search found 3 Indian Hindus who married dogs. Including a 4 year old girl. It appears to be common enough. Must've been a fun honeymoon.

I pointed it out, because Indians appear to view dogs in a very different way. At least some of them.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
A very quick google search found 3 Indian Hindus who married dogs. Including a 4 year old girl. It appears to be common enough. Must've been a fun honeymoon.
Maybe read those instead of just reading the title lol? They say those marriages were conducted as ritual to ward of spirits or their future husband to have a long life etc. And 3 results doesn't equate to being a common thing in a country with over a billion people.

If you search 'woman marries dog' on Google you'll get more european girl marries dog than Indian on Google.

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I pointed it out, because Indians appear to view dogs in a very different way. At least some of them.
Lol out of like 1.3 billion people that's significantly less than 1%.

Edit: I just think it's really funny you used 'common enough'

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
I laugh at some morbid shit but the dude was stabbed to death with a screwdriver. This is just fucked.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
Where did I say Indian girls and men marrying dogs is funny? Read a bit. I found it funny that an Indian would actually demand someone apologize to a dog. Not the death.

Me saying you thought it was funny was about the whole incident not just you generalizing that Indian women marry dogs

The way you worded the op makes it seems as though you thought all of it was funny , you are just now clarifying that you think everything up to the death was funny

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The suspects stabbed Vijendar Rana six times with kitchen knives and a screwdriver
Well, fuck. There's memories of dark internet shit I wish hadn't resurfaced.
Horrible event, can't even imagine what posesses someone to do this, letalone over something so fucking stupid.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

3 reported cases that you googled...in a country of 1.4 billion...."common enough".

What is this shit? I'm Indian and this is the first time I am reading anything about this. Don't generalise stuff like this man, and most of all it's irrelevant to the topic.

OP
OP
Fruit&Nut

Fruit&Nut

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Me saying you thought it was funny was about the whole incident not just you generalizing that Indian women marry dogs

The way you worded the op makes it seems as though you thought all of it was funny , you are just now clarifying that you think everything up to the death was funny

I never said its funny. I said I initially laughed when I read the headline, due to how ridiculous it is. But that is wrong due to the fact someone was brutally murdered. That is literally saying I should not laugh because it aint funny.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017

no they don't. and it isn't common enough. are you an idiot?

OP
OP
Fruit&Nut

Fruit&Nut

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
3 reported cases that you googled...in a country of 1.4 billion...."common enough".

What is this shit? I'm Indian and this is the first time I am reading anything about this. Don't generalise stuff like this man, and most of all it's irrelevant to the topic.

Yeah, common enough such that the first google page brought up 3 different cases. You seem to not understand the meaning of the phrase. Common enough does not mean its common. Stop being willfully obtuse.

It may be rare, but it does happen in India. That's just a fact.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This story makes no sense even reading it is a confusing mess

Also fucked up sense of humor op. Awful

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, common enough such that the first google page brought up 3 different cases. You seem to not understand the meaning of the phrase. Common enough does not mean its common. Stop being willfully obtuse.
I'm at a loss of words here, you call me obtuse for telling you that you are generalising something that you shouldn't.
If you don't mean it's common then don't say it's common enough. If it was common enough you'd think I'd have heard about it and not be surprised since I lived in that country for 20 years.

It may be rare, but it does happen in India. That's just a fact.
Which has zero bearing on this topic in any way whatsoever, and there was no woman involved at all, so I have no idea why you'd even bring it up in the first place.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never said its funny. I said I initially laughed when I read the headline, due to how ridiculous it is. But that is wrong due to the fact someone was brutally murdered. That is literally saying I should not laugh because it aint funny.

I mean, what you could've said was nothing.

Horrific story, to be sure.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need a thread about every bad thing that happens in the world, especially when they don't result in any real conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.