• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Credits goes to Meetwo on the Mobile Gaming Thread for finding it.

Cuphead is out now on iPhones and iPads for $4.99 with controller support. Comes at 1.8GB:
LINK REMOVED BECAUSE IT'S A SCAM

In hindsight maybe platformer wasn't the best word to use there but you know the game anyway.

Oh and that's just after FEZ, Life is Strange, INSIDE and Oddworld New 'N Tasty last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, nice one. I don't usually do iOS gaming, but this is tempting. Can I hook up a Dualshock or XBO controller to play?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't see that coming. I'm super tempted to buy it but does anyone know how it controls? Wish the app page described the controls.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
These iOS ports gotta make a lot of money cause I see everyone is doing them and they never control that well.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Interesting. I thought maybe they'd release it on Android before iOS considering the Nvidia Shield and Shield tab, and I think they're due to release a new one soon.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
I figured this would be about some incredibly blatant knockoff.

The truth was stranger.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a good idea? You are practically forced to have a controller if you want a chance to beat anything besides the first boss on Easy. Even if you do have one, the small screen doesn't help, not to mention it's a phone you're playing on: calls, messages, all kinds of interruptiions and slow-downs seem like a bad combination with a game that often requires almost pixel-precision and great timing. But hey, more options are always nice I guess.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I cannot possibly imagine playing this by using touch screen alone, unless the difficulty has been compromised somewhat to make it a little bit easier on the fingers, so to speak!

Curious to hear somebody's thoughts on this (touch) version of Cuphead.

On another note altogether, this superb game is on nearly every single platform apart from the Switch and PlayStation 4. I do half-wonder just how much of a dramatic increase in sales Cuphead would gain by being on those two very popular platforms...

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Do the original / old version 8bitdo pads work well with this? I know the new ones aren't iOS compatible; just Switch/PC/Android.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
As many times said before by one of the devs, this Cuphead game is console exclusive to X1.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I want someone to try this and report back. If it's the same game I'm playing on X1, it would be nearly impossible on a phone with no controller.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
When I'llcheck back when someone plays it with a controller.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Does this support a Mfi controller? There's no mention of it in the listing... I'd get this in an instant, but only if I can use a controller.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So who is taking the plunge to tell us how it does on phone and iPad ?

I have both and am super tempted but if it is too hard to play then screw it.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
4.99 dollars ?
Alright, I know it's a different market, but why would I pay 4 times more to play the very same game, which has the very sames assets ?
Unless it's a different version.

Status
Not open for further replies.