• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
This just came out on Steam, I haven't played it as it is, so no impressions from me. I have been following it for a while and it looks neat!

It's coming out on Steam at $14.99, with plans to release on PS4, XBOX One, and Switch I believe.

DLC characters will be free as they continue to recruit Indie devs on board. Current DLC plans include Dust, Octodad, Gunvolt, Bullet-kin, Voltar the Omniscient, and Kick.

Here's the launch trailer:

Their Description:
Indie Pogo is a 2D platform-brawler game for 1-4 players about bouncing, ricocheting, and pogoing your friends into oblivion! Imagine replacing the cast of Super Smash Bros. with 30+ unique, indie all-stars and giving them all trampolines to fight on. We're striving to create the ultimate indie crossover!

Some combos:

Some Photos:

Screen5.png
Screen4.png
Screen3.png
Screen1.png
Screen6.png
Screen7.png
Portrait%20~%20Shovel%20Knight%20vs%20CommanderVideo.png
Portrait%20~%20Lilac%20vs%20Orcane.png

Roster:
3ad871becee1de5136b401bd05a6b712_original.png

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the look of this on Kickstarter but couldn't justify backing without a guaranteed console release, I'm all over it the second that happens.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Game looks like PVP Downwell, and that's amazing. Will definitely buy on PS4 or Switch. Physical, if able.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Is that Downwell and Shovel Knight in the same fucking game

I NEED IT

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
"Everyone is constantly jumping, and that works so well as a battle concept" might be the most hilariously literal trailer pull quote I've ever seen.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
It looks really fun. I'll hope for a console release soon, but I might cave and try it on PC.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving all these Indies Smash-likes. And these cross-overs are super cool too.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
I got to play it a little early since I was a backer, and the core gameplay is a lot of fun! A warning though that the starting roster is very small, and unlocking characters has been kind of a slog, at least in single player.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I forget about this time and again. That's a huge cast of indie all-stars!

The trailer shows Cadence from Enter the Gungeon as a trophy, but I don't see her in the roster...

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've heard of Jack The Reaper. Did that game ever release? I can only find info from 2014

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I think it is super rad that Rivals of Aether are contributing a character to this given that they're in the same genre.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest I find the airplay in Smash to be rubbish so a game which is that but with infinite jumping sounds like my idea of hell. Despite it not being for me I hope this finds an audience, it's nice to have fighting options out there.

May 5, 2018
I'd play this now if it was on Mac. Otherwise I'd main as Lilac and Kick easily. Shame you have to unlock the other characters and start with 5.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Looks like a lot of fun. The air game seems to be the main way to play it from the trailer. Looks like its definitely hoping for a Switch release with both GX and Nintendo Life quoted in there.

I'll probably check it out. That sprite work reminds me a little of Jump Ultimate Stars from the DS (I loved that game...). Even though its barely the same gameplay wise.

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for this for awhile and I'm really enjoying it. It's hard for me to keep my attention on one game for very long or long periods of time but I've already got 4 hours into it today it's crazy fun!

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up on Steam and had an absolute fucking BLAST playing it. I don't usually go for "Smash" style games, but this one really clicked with me and is a ton of fun. High quality pixel art and awesome music, too. Don't hesitate to pick it up!

OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Picked this up on Steam and had an absolute fucking BLAST playing it. I don't usually go for "Smash" style games, but this one really clicked with me and is a ton of fun. High quality pixel art and awesome music, too. Don't hesitate to pick it up!
I backed this, but have yet to give it a full run. Glad that people are enjoying it. Going to dive in tomorrow.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Always jumping seems super annoying and I see shitty Gunvolt, not even Copen, 10 other indie guys I've never seen before and NO Quote or Jacket???
Not even Sans Undertale?
Hard pass. Shame because the pixel art seems very good, a notch above Rivals of Aether.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
its weird seeing a character from RoA which was already its own pixel art smash-like
is there any depth to the competitive side to this or is it mostly just for laughs?

Last edited:

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got this. It's pretty dope, and I support this project fully. Also Icons come out this week, but that seems to be standard smash clone to this which is a bit more invenative for platform fighter.

Always jumping seems super annoying and I see shitty Gunvolt, not even Copen, 10 other indie guys I've never seen before and NO Quote or Jacket???
Not even Sans Undertale?
Hard pass. Shame because the pixel art seems very good, a notch above Rivals of Aether.
TobyFox doesn't let any of his characters cameo from what many indie creators have said when reaching out to him. Quote is owned now by a company that is putting him in there own crossovers and likely are also playing hard to play ball with. Hating on the entire game itself for it's roaster that it can't control is super weird to me in crossovers like this, cause if you like the gameplay you may learn of characters you'll like, and your support funds free DLC characters from games you already love.

At most there might be characters with gameplay you like and basically function as original characters in your eyes with indie allstars. And yes, some of this characters are up there in recognition and game quality despite what some will say (Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, Downwell, etc.).

Plus with this game's success tons more game studios reaching out allowing them to add characters as they want later on, this was start of kickstarter with beyond their launch roaster possible picks, and more creators have reached out since.

dea0261422405c7ffd4ff184573540c9_original.png

OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Not even Sans Undertale?
Undertale is unlikely to be in ANY crossover, the dev isn't open to having his characters be used for that level of fanservice.

Also, the roster is evolving with the devs intent on continuing to grow the roster...so...Jacket and Quote aren't impossibilities.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Clunk jumping around just sounds hilarious to me. Won't be picking this up anytime soon, but glad to see it released! Remember reading about it forever ago, but totally forgot it existed.