• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
ITT Americans learn that Canada has very good PR. To everyone going 'not you too' this shit comes as no surprise and has a disgustingly long history.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Platform for what? US and Canada are constantly chastising countries overseas as being backwards. Violence against non-white ethnic groups gets swept under the rug 24/7. How y'all treat the lowest of the low is the real you, miss me with the performative wokeness.
As a platform for you to assuage your insecurity related to your national identity. Start a thread if you want to discuss that. This is the second thread I've engaged you on this subject about using First Nations in this way.
Are indigenous women the lowest of the low to you? That's quite the thing to say about these women to support your statement.
If this specific issue was being swept under the rug it wouldn't even be heard about.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a platform for you to assuage your insecurity related to your national identity. Start a thread if you want to discuss that. This is the second thread I've engaged you on this subject about using First Nations in this way.
Are indigenous women the lowest of the low to you? That's quite the thing to say about these women to support your statement.
If this specific issue was being swept under the rug it wouldn't even be heard about.
I am Black and Haitian. That's my identity. If there is a Haiti vs Canada beef lemme know.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Disappointed to hear this practice infected Canada as well.

People of color forever getting stepped on by the decedents of the colonists.

Every day I am reminded that Killmonger was more right than he was wrong.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
My statement was in response to you assuming I was hurt over my national identity, which ain't the case. I don't care about any US-Canada pissing contest.
Your original statements in both threads read similarly in intent. They make a First Nations issue in Canada about some perceived grievous level of national righteousness and not the matter under discussion. They sound like Saudi foreign ministry twitter.
lowest of the low?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your original statements in both threads read similarly in intent. They make a First Nations issue in Canada about some perceived grievous level of national righteousness and not the matter under discussion. They sound like Saudi foreign ministry twitter.
lowest of the low?
Lmao damn. I'll word my posts differently next time. And by lowest of the low I mean the most vulnerable population, like that "lowest of my brothers" reference in the Bible.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Lmao damn. I'll word my posts differently next time. And by lowest of the low, I mean the most vulnerable population, like that "lowest of my brothers" reference in the Bible.
That makes sense in that context. It's right to voice outrage at these things and the amplification appreciated. The government needs to get on this and calling them out on any delay is good. I'm not sure how long is needed to get things in order to call an investigation. If this roots out a suppressive problem in the child welfare/health system this is going to be massive. Whatever it is, it needs looking into now.