• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Indivisible |OT| It Shall Be Engraved Upon Your Skull
Indivisible_logo.png

Developer: Lab Zero Games
Publisher: 505 Games
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC (Steam, GOG), NSW (Date TBA)
Release Date: October 8th, 2019
Format: Physical, Digital
Genre: Role-Playing Game
Price: $39.99
Official Site: https://indivisiblegame.com/
7QyY0F6.png

Hand_Drawn_and_Loving_It.gif

Indivisible is an RPG from the creators of Skullgirls. Featuring hand-drawn art and animations, it's a love letter to the PS1 era and inspired by Valkyrie Profile and Metroidvania-style 2D action games. Presented in a 2D side-scroller fashion, Indivisible mixes action platforming with active cooldown-based combat focused on combos and mix-ups. The maps have a sense of verticality, challenging players to overcome obstacles blocking their path, solve puzzles, or get the drop on enemies by using the environment to your advantage. All the art in Indivisible is hand-drawn, giving it a beautiful and personal touch to every image and animation.

wKtE0gj.png

Indivisible's story follows Ajna, a fierce and rebellious young girl who lives on the outskirts of town. She leads a quiet life until the day her hometown falls victim to a warlord's ruthless path of destruction. Following the attack, Ajna soon learns she holds a mysterious new power that lets her absorb people into her own body and usher them out at will. As she carries on across the world in a quest to learn more about herself and her powers, she'll come across many allies with their own stories of fortune and disaster. Gathering these noble Incarnations will help her gain the strength, knowledge, and skill she'll need to protect the world from the same fate as her village.
ee7kK1i.png

Jump,_Bounce,_Fight!.gif

Indivisible's combat is reminiscent of Valkyrie Profile while taking its own spin on the style. Lab Zero's background in fighting games shows as each character has their own special ways to counter, crush guards, juggle enemies, and more. When not in combat, the game plays as a 2D Sidescroller, complete with wall-jumps, wall-climbing, platforming, puzzles, sliding, and timed challenges.

Combat in Indivisible has its own unique spin on the face button combat style made popular by Valkyrie Profile. The main difference is that there are no turns - attacks are essentially based on usage and cooldown. Attacks charge up when you're not attacking and go on a cooldown that is on hold until you stop your assault. If the enemy is attacking, your moves will be on hold until they stop. However, you can press the attack button to guard. Blocking consumes a resource called Iddhi, which can be built up by attacking/comboing enemies.

Every character has an Up, Neutral, and Down attack. Each one is different for each character, so you're encouraged to play around with the attack types and learn how to juggle, combo, and punish enemies. Juggling enemies will grand you a large amount of Iddhi, so learning the timing of your attacks and the hitboxes of enemies is greatly encouraged.

Certain enemies can guard your attacks, meaning you'll want to get crafty with how you break these. You can hold attacks to charge them (thus accumulating Iddhi at the cost of recharge time) and help shatter a guard, or you can do a Technical Break by attacking with an Up Attack and a Down attack at the same time. This is bound to crush the enemies guard and grand you more Iddhi to spend. Iddhi and Magic attacks bypass the enemies guard, often sending them skyborne or into the ground to be juggled with more hits. The general loop you'll want to achieve is building Iddhi with combo and using it to devastate an enemy with magic attacks and powerful skills.

On the defensive side, enemies will often change up both their attack patterns and their targets, ensuring you'll want to be actively defensive. By guarding at the right time, you can execute a perfect guard and spend minimal Iddhi while blocking far more damage. You'll want to learn the timing and rhythm of your foes to ensure you can brush their blows aside.

You can find a video of the aforementioned mechanics here, but do note its from an earlier update and values/abilities may have changed.
Indivisible - Battle Mechanics Update

Below is an example of just how differently two characters might play.

EExFwfcXUAIh8Ox.jpg:large

EEJEnRcXUAI4Fa_.jpg:large

SKR8Yb2.png

Super_Friendship_Squad.gif

Indivisible has over 20 characters who will join Ajna on her quest. Each has their own unique playstyle, complete with specialized combos that evoke the personality of the character. Every character has a backstory that ties into Ajna's quest in one way or another, creating a bond that will allow them to unite with her as an Incarnation that allows them to travel safely within her and be called out to battle when the time comes.

Ajna.png
antoine.png
baozhai.png
dhar.png
ginseng.png
hunoch.png
kampan.png
kushialtun.png
lanshi.png
latigo.png
leilani.png
nagarider.png
nuna.png
phoebe.png
qadira.png
razmi.png
ren.png
sangmu.png
thorani.png
tungar.png
yan.png
zahra.png
zebei.png

TBHdbYy.png

I7Sd8Kb.png

Q. When is the Switch release?
A. While there is no currently date, it's expected before the end of the year barring any delays.

Q. What happened to X character?
A. Not all prototype characters made it into the final game. Additionally, some more complex designs may have been updated for the sake of animation.

For those who are looking to get it on Steam, GreenManGaming has it for $31.39 (21% off).

Check out the official twitter at https://twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG

Below are a couple launch events as well!

tumblr_pxsifp5OaU1uzx2jzo1_1280.jpg

Thanks!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm obscenely hyped for this. Can't believe it's right around the corner!

Just the other day I remembered that they'd send me a physical copy on top of the digital one. I sure had more disposable income back then :lol

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Copy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow; I'm really excited to finally see this release.

Great job on the thread!

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Hopefully trophy list is manageable. Finally a good Valkyrie Profile-esque profile game (Exist Archive isn't good), is there like a skill system here like in VP (auto item, guts, etc)?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yep hyped for this. Been following it for a while. Really odd that the game doesn't get much attention on Era but once the great reviews come rolling in I think that will change.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I still cant believe its almost time.....still glad I decided to go on media blackout early on with this. I wonder when the guest characters will be added though.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Bought on steam a few days ago, waiting for the unlock. Fortunately there's Shadowkeep.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Pumped to see this releasing. I'll be waiting for a Switch release but I hope it does well on all fronts!

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like forever since I forgot to back this on Kickstarter. Also seems like it's turned out to be one of the better ones!

Do we have any reviews for this yet?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They had me at "VP-clone"

I'm hyped as hell (I made an NPC and can't wait to see her in there).

Oh I was a little worried. No notifications from Lab Zero yet about shipping anything, have other contributors heard stuff yet?? (I could sworn I saw some already playing)

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. For whatever reason I have never heard of this game. Looks absolutely amazing.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sad to hear the delay on the Switch version. Backed this game for years but it still seems a ways away.

Excited to hear early impressions though.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I backed this so many years ago. I backed for a digital Steam version and a physical Switch version.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I backed this many years ago. When are we expecting them to ship and arrive by?

Edit; I ordered the Switch physical at $60 but see that doesn't actually have a release date yet. However I also get a Steam digital code. Are those being emailed to us?

Last edited:

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
This looks absolutely amazing, definitely gonna get physical on Switch is possible.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Finally. Shame the Switch version is taking longer to come out, but I've waited this long, I can wait a little bit longer.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just checked, I backed this game 4 years ago today! How times goes...
When should the backers receive their keys? On release day?

Holygriever

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I'm obscenely hyped for this. Can't believe it's right around the corner!

Just the other day I remembered that they'd send me a physical copy on top of the digital one. I sure had more disposable income back then :lol

This is the final game I had backed that was yet to deliver. Dollar prices were more stomachable a couple years ago in here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got so.e of my rewards, but who knows how long I have to wait to be able to play.
Got it on Switch.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks great, but there are so many ways it can go wrong. We'll see.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Any news on the Switch version? I have the Physical Collectors Edition (from BackerKit) backed.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the Switch version is delayed? Well, crap, I should've just left my backerkit stuff on the ps4 CE instead :\

At least I got the pc version and other goodies to look forward to.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Definitely looking forward to it, but I am still really bummed that Toko, Hassam, and George didn't make the cut. Such a bummer.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't really followed development at all since backing so I can't wait to finally play it and see some more.

DKeygo

Jun 29, 2019
I didn't back this but I've been following the development loosely. Is there any word about guest characters? I'm really looking forward to this either way 😊

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Excited, I backed on Switch, but I decided to just preorder the PC version. Not in the mood to wait, lol.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Those of you sleeping on this, If you aren't aware there is a playable demo, albeit it is the prototype version of the game, which still is a solid experience in it's own right.

The full game has come a very long way from the prototype demo, but I'd suggest checking out the demo (It's available on Steam and PSN) to get an idea on how the game plays and some dungeon exploration.

That being said, I didn't get a shipping confirmation of my Indiegogo backer stuff, but probably will see something in my inbox sometime this week.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got enough RPGs to tide me over but as soon as the Switch version is released they're all getting dropped. Can't believe we're nearly there.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to finally playing this after backing it years ago!

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I knew this was releasing in October, but I forgot that it was in two days. Probably the last game I'll be getting until November.
edit: Or the 25th when The Outer Worlds releases...duh.

Last edited:

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
I backed this game, and kind of forgot about it. Can't find any information on indiegogo about access to download it yet. Hopefully, they release the backer keys soon.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately my digital version is Switch, so no telling when that version gets done, so I've got to wait for my physical version to arrive, which I still have no confirmation that it's been shipped.