• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Um... they revoked my backer content? What? 🤔

bLPCzvU.png
You should have new codes on the backerkit page, happened to me.
But I don't know why, I have two entries for roti, one pending.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying this game quite a bit so far. Starting to get used to how the combat works so that helps, properly guarding is a very important thing.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I guess I'm not the only one... There might be some issue with the content, because there was an error saying it couldn't be installed when I redeemed the code. Did you get that too, KarmaCow? Maybe they pulled it due to some problem and will re-issue codes...

I tried redeeming that code first but it said I didn't have the base game so I redeemed the other code first. After that it let me redeem that first code without issue.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
You should have new codes on the backerkit page, happened to me.
But I don't know why, I have two entries for roti, one pending.

Ah yeah, I do have new codes. And I have a pending Roti one, too. When redeeming the non-pending one, it said it activated something like "Test DeliCious for beta testing"... 🤔

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
"Razmi's 1 heals the party!"

That's awesome. Uhh, someone tell me how to use a 1. I got 4 buttons and none of them are labeled 1 :(

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
"Razmi's 1 heals the party!"

That's awesome. Uhh, someone tell me how to use a 1. I got 4 buttons and none of them are labeled 1 :(

The 1 refers to using 1 bar of iddhi by doing R1+her button. She changes supers depending on two or three levels.

Most other characters like Ajna just get more hits/damage added.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Yeah they were a bit obtuse with wtf the idhi bar was. Like what's 1 mean? Should have had a legend/guide.

Also does anyone think the roti buddy is a bit of a spaz? Like constantly running, as if something was wrong with the pathfinding.

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
Maybe this will become clear as I get further in the game (I'm only an hour or so in), but how can I change to my backer exclusive color palettes and get my Roti pet to follow me around?

I love this so far by the way, so happy I backed, what a ride it was to make this happen too. I'm REALLY hoping for a New Game+ or for post game content to be added to utilize those indie tie-in characters!

Oct 25, 2017
Just redeemed my backer codes on Steam, I'll wait till all the guest stuff is in the game so I assume I won't be playing this for a while, good luck to everyone else and I hope you all enjoy the game.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they were a bit obtuse with wtf the idhi bar was. Like what's 1 mean? Should have had a legend/guide.

Also does anyone think the roti buddy is a bit of a spaz? Like constantly running, as if something was wrong with the pathfinding.
This definitely confused me. Wish they had a move list guide somewhere noticed how like Ajna has different moves depending on what you previously used.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Had to stop playing right as the combat was beginning to click but I really like what I've played so far.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Definitely need to play this in windowed, broke it alt tabbing in full screen.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Admittedly, I didn't know about this game at all until the Giant Bomb quick look but it looks so good. Very tempted to go grab a copy.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having fun, but damn the audio mix is super distracting. Why are vocals panned so far left and right?

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Is there no review/impressions thread? Not sure if I should buy this yet. Buzz seems relatively positive.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Im loving it.
It's the right amount of madness,exploration and writing.
Bliss pure bliss

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking it quite a bit, but let it be known that the RPG mechanics in this are VERY light.

It's way more Metroidvania with a VP-like combat system stripped of things like equipment, skills, and so on. It's basically just levels (and I haven't found a way to grind as enemies don't respawn) and permanent, infrequent powerups.

The story is a bit cliche but the characters are wonderful and the voice acting/writing is top notch.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Random question, is there anyway to disable the Steam notifications for achievements? They are absolutely dreadful and distracting as hell in this. I can't find the setting to turn them off at all and I feel like I've looked everywhere.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Huh crashed twice on one boss fight at the end cutscene and had to switch to windowed to get passed it.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot fucking believe you can't skip cutscenes you've already seen after you die.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Got my backer stuff revoked (kind of a scary message to see on Steam, I've never seen that before, haha), but I got the two new codes and activated them (Roti and backer colors) so I think it's all good now? The second pending Roti code is probably a mistake...?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Random thoughts after the first hour as someone who was really looking forward to this game.

Lovely opening cutscene. Extremely jarring intro to the game with bad animation stills immediately afterwards. Its like a night and day difference of production values within the first 5 minutes which just left me a bit under whelmed. Obviously the entire game isn't going to feature fully animated cut scenes but the juxtaposition of these two things makes the game feel off. Voice acting is just ok. I don't mind not every dialog box in the game not being voiced. Story seems super rushed and I'm not a fan of the writing or dialog. The game didn't give me a good feel for the world and while the setting is beautiful to look at I wished it took more time let me take it all in. I feel like I'm being pushed to speed run the game or something due to its linear nature and brevity. Not spoiling anything but the events at the beginning of the game feel so mishandled considering what transpires. I don't like how the characters are conversing with eachother at all in regards to the dialog. Love the Valkyrie Profile style fights and platforming. Disappointed with the seemingly bare bones RPG elements. This game is feeling more like a platformer with the Valk Profile battle system in place than it is a RPG. I think I was just expecting more rpg than what I'm getting here which is why I'm a bit down on the experience. Still liking it. Just kinda underwhelmed so far.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I cannot fucking believe you can't skip cutscenes you've already seen after you die.
I think you can hold B right? I had to hard exit windows when alt tabbing and the game becoming seemingly stuck. But coming back to it I was able to hold B to skip cut scenes.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Random question, is there anyway to disable the Steam notifications for achievements? They are absolutely dreadful and distracting as hell in this. I can't find the setting to turn them off at all and I feel like I've looked everywhere.

I believe the only way of doing it is to disable the Steam overlay, which will disable community features too. You can either do it globally under Steam>Settings>In-Game, or per-game by right-clicking the game in your library.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I believe the only way of doing it is to disable the Steam overlay, which will disable community features too. You can either do it globally under Steam>Settings>In-Game, or per-game by right-clicking the game in your library.

Got it. Ty very much! The way some of the achievements are set up in this seem like they continually pop up every fight since they keep track of your progress with em.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Does anyone know what the hearts mean on the party menu yet? I can't figure it out.

Also I'm at OC city right now and holy fuck is this the most ridiculous kickstarters backer shit yet. In a good way though.