• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
Ughhh, I just lost in the last part of a long as fuck fight that dragged out from having to do 3 different platforming sections and it started me right at the beginning. Guess I'm done for the day.
Yeah I got stuck in the same part and it's a little annoying that there isn't a checkpoint in this pretty long section of platforming/cutscenes/boss fights.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
oh crap! this is a thing? I redeemed both codes earlier, is there something wrong with the thank you package?

They messed up the original DLC code, but you should have new codes in your Backerkit account now.

I played this game for a few hours, and it's fun as hell. Can anyone explain to me what the map is supposed to be? The game said that the map should appear when I look up, but when I do, nothing appears. Same if I go into the menu and try to open the map, nothing ever appears.

There should definitely be a map there... Maybe report it to the devs.

Combat is setup in a pretty interesting way here, seems to really want you to explore to find synergies an different strengths for the characters. The character info dabbles very lightly on some of it but doesn't really detail much. I'll try to make a basic move guide for the characters I've seen so far

Anja:

Up - Launcher
Neutral - Standard swipe, can hit multiple enemies.
Down - Double swipe, powerful attack. Best for single target.

Idhi 1 - String of rapid attacks on one enemy
Idhi 2 - Longer string of attacks on one enemy
Idhi 3 - Longer string of attacks on one enemy

Funnily enough she actually can't hit anything in the air, someone else needs to knock them down first.

Dhar:

U - Overhead slash. Hits one target.
N - Standard slash combo, can hit multiple people.
D - Charge rocks. Adds extra damage to other attacks, might be placebo but it seems to charge his attacks a lot faster too.

Idhi 1 - Single strong attack that can hit everyone in a group.
2, 3 - More powerful version of the same thing

Ginseg:

U - Party heal
N - Rapid hits on one enemy. Makes heal better.
D - Throw object. Idhi 1 makes this pretty good.

Idhi 1 - Pulls an object that is stored for the next D attack
Idhi 2 - Shoots a bunch of objects at every enemy
Idhi 3 - Like a super beefed up version of her normal attack, also heals your party

Kushi:

I do not like using this character at all. Godspeed everyone else.

Quadira:

U - Launches an enemy and jumps with it for a follow up attack.
N - Standard attack that can be followed up
D - Slide into an enemy, followup hits them in the back.

Idhi 1 - Shield charge, can hit multiple enemies
2, 3 - Better version of the same thing.

Pretty sure every attack from Quadira can catch multiple enemies.

Razmi:

U - Launcher. Hits AoE, super powerful
N - Single target attack
D - Slows enemies

Idhi 1 - Team heal.
Idhi 2 - Fire attack that hits everyone
Idhi 3 - Big beam drop on the enemies that hits them all a lot.

Thorani:

U - Activates puddles. Heals allies and hurts enemies that touch them.
N - Shoots water with her hair, leaves puddles on the ground.
D - Gets close and hits an enemy, makes a puddle at their feet for better damage later.

Idhi 1 - Sprays water around.
Idhi 2 - Turns into a puddle for...awhile. Not sure what it actually does.
Idhi 3 - Creates a rainfall over the team that is constantly healing, hurts enemies that go into it. Suuuuuuper strong.

Zebei:

U - Aeriel attack downwards. Does a lot of damage on bigger targets if all the arrows hit.
N - Rapid shots at a single enemy. I guess if the aeriel would miss a lot this is meant to be used instead.
D - Launcher/AoE. Weak damage.

Idhi 1 - Gets really close and shoots a bunch of arrows. Mostly one target but can hit a few.
2, 3 - Better version of the same thing

Thorani, Ginseg, and Razmi are all pretty interesting. I definitely like the characters that have different idhi moves based on the meter.

Thanks a lot for this!

Wasn't a move list like this supposed to be in the game, though? I'm pretty sure they said it would be. I had found the prototype fun but pretty overwhelming, and I was looking forward to the full game since I figured things would be better explained but... they're really not. This is disappointing.

Also, is there a way to get PlayStation button prompts on PC? My DS4 seems to be detected as a 360 controller for some reason...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
On that note wtf is there no character move guide for Ajna but every else has one?

Yeah. Ajna needs a guide because her moves keep changing as you find weapons and unlock shit. Everyone else comes kind of baked in with the stuff they have (not 100% sure because I think im still in the early game)

Also...what is the point of leveling up?? I just don't see it doing anything. It didn't increase my characters HP, my attacks were doing the same damage as before, my iddhi gauge doesn't fill up any faster doing offensive actions nor drained less for doing defensive ones. All the progression seems to be tied to collecting Ringsels and getting to certain points in the story. If there are stats, then they're clearly hidden from the player making things all the more confusing.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Found this in a post on the steam forum. Explains how Ajna works.

Okay, scratch that, finally figured out how that works.
Going with hands, axe and bow here are all the string branches;

DN = down, NE = neutral, UP = .....up.

UP, UP, UP ~ Upper-axe, bow shot x2
UP, UP, NE ~ Upper-axe, bow shot, axe-swing
UP, UP, DN ~ Upper-axe, bow shot, arrow-detonation

UP, NE, UP ~ Upper-axe, roundhouse, bow shot
UP, NE, NE ~ Upper-axe, roundhouse, axe-swing
UP, NE, DN ~ Upper-axe, roundhouse, double-axe-swing

UP, DN, UP ~ Upper-axe, double-axe-swing, bow shot
UP, DN, NE ~ Upper-axe, double-axe-swing, axe-swing
UP, DN, DN ~ Upper-axe, double-axe-swing x2

*Upper-axe can ONLY be an opening move.

**Party members continuing the combo for you allowing you to reset your string is the only way to do multiple upper-axe swings in a continuous attack phase.

***Starting with neutral replaces Upper-axe with a jab, still follows the same combo patterns as with upper-axe above.

****Starting with down replaces upper-axe with a low-jab, still follows the same combo patterns as with upper-axe above.

~~NOTE:
Before entering combat, if you fire off arrows into an enemy then jump into them to initiate combat, the battle starts off with the logic that you just used bow-shot already.
Going by that logic now;
  • Spamming DOWN will cause Ajna to use arrow-detonation over and over, though with no affect.
  • Using DOWN in general like this will cause Ajna to use arrow-detonation during the first combat phase, doing any other direction will follow the same combo patterns as with upper-axe above.
  • After your first combat phase, the game goes back to normal logic for the first move used, no longer assuming bow-shot has already been used at the start of your second combat phase and onward.
  • Since arrows auto-detonate outside combat, Ajna spamming arrow-detonation is quite literally wasting your moves; watch out for that when going for extra damage before combat with the bow!

If anybody is curious as to how combos change when more weapons are introduced, I can edit this post later detailing that.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Ughhh, I just lost in the last part of a long as fuck fight that dragged out from having to do 3 different platforming sections and it started me right at the beginning. Guess I'm done for the day.

I know exactly what you are talking about! I died there, on the end of the very last phase and when it spawned me back to the start I nearly threw the controller and turned the game off.
Maybe it's just me, but I do not play fighting games and I'm horrible at then, and I find this game difficult. Honestly, I can't wait for this alleged "super easy" game to show itself because it's tuned a little too frustrating for me lol. Weak, I know. But it's hard to me!!

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Switched my kickstarter pledge to switch a while back, hopefully it comes soon! (this year please...?)

That full cast of characters is awesome. Leilani, Kushi, Phoebe, Dhar, Ren, and Ginseng+Honey look amazing

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
This game is easily the most charming I've played this year. Love the characters and the Saturday morning cartoon vibe. Maximum comf. Surprised at how challenging the combat is so far. Still enjoying it about 6 hours in or so. Agree that some of the menus and explanations could be better, but it's nothing that's been distracting for my playthrough so far.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
This game is easily the most charming I've played this year. Love the characters and the Saturday morning cartoon vibe. Maximum comf. Surprised at how challenging the combat is so far. Still enjoying it about 6 hours in or so. Agree that some of the menus and explanations could be better, but it's nothing that's been distracting for my playthrough so far.

Eehhh, once idhi hit 3 bars, seems like it got super easy. Enemies feel like hp sponges now.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Just ran into an issue where I can't continue on with a fight because I didn't realize that fights start exactly where is an area is at. Lmao

I shot a soldier with an arrow a couple of time before hitting him with an axe. Sometime in the fight, they fell into a pit with a floating platform. Now the the soldiers and two characters are under that platform and I can't proceed to do anything.

This is tragic. I have to restart the game from my last save.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, game needs some balancing for sure. Once you unlock three Idhi bars, the game is INCREDIBLY easy and enemies have WAY too much HP. I'm just mashing buttons and making my way through but battles are taking 3+ minutes. Even focusing and pulling off "optimal" combos is only shaving off like 10% of the time per battle. You don't need to block, just abuse the R1+L1 heal and nothing matters.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I'm getting upset at the dude who commands the worm. I'm enjoying this game and its combat, but these interludes between boss fights I'm not a fan of. I dont struggle with the combat all, its these weird shake ups that interrupt the fights that are killing me.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
So, how is performance? My laptop is a bit old, so I was thinking about trading my steam code for a Switch code (when it releases). I already got the switch physical version though....

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting upset at the dude who commands the worm. I'm enjoying this game and its combat, but these interludes between boss fights I'm not a fan of. I dont struggle with the combat all, its these weird shake ups that interrupt the fights that are killing me.
Just make sure to hit him with the arrow a lot it keeps him knocked down.

Spooksy

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone figure out what Phoebe's super does yet? She just runs forward and does nothing. I thought maybe she was one of the characters who don't have supers but she does the animation, feels like a bug.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I like how Zebei is all mad at Ajna, but once that scene is over with and you go into the Inner Realm, he's all friendly as if nothing happened. lol

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if you can accidentally miss picking up a party member? I am not far in, and there was a "Look a person" point in the story, and I followed a path, and didnt get them.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Anyone know if you can accidentally miss picking up a party member? I am not far in, and there was a "Look a person" point in the story, and I followed a path, and didnt get them.
I think you can miss party members for sure. However I don't know if there's ever a way to return to past zones to get them.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
About 7 hours into the game now and I want to like it so much more than I do. The writing and story leave so much to be desired. I think the characters and world look cool but I don't actually care about it. There's a ton of little things that culminate in making the game feel really unpolished too. This might be one of my biggest disappointments of the year :( I may have hyped myself up way too much with this one. I was hoping for a grand RPG with a battle system from one of my favorite games and it's not delivering. Even the fights which are the highlight of the game feel unbalanced at times with really arbitrary numbers. There's a really weird disconnect with the stats , both inflated hp numbers and damage values. I wish this game had deeper rpg mechanics at it's core. Juggling enemies is still inherently fun but I'm not super engrossed. I'll keep playing but I'm not feeling it.

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, game needs some balancing for sure. Once you unlock three Idhi bars, the game is INCREDIBLY easy and enemies have WAY too much HP. I'm just mashing buttons and making my way through but battles are taking 3+ minutes. Even focusing and pulling off "optimal" combos is only shaving off like 10% of the time per battle. You don't need to block, just abuse the R1+L1 heal and nothing matters.

That's... really disappointing to hear. A shame

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, i'm kinda bummed it doesn't seem like every party member you can get doesn't seem to be involved with the story. I was able to get Tungar, but he isn't even voiced through character interaction, only in combat. I know there's a lot party members you can get, so I can't fault them for not having them all intertwined with the plot.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Ajna needs a guide because her moves keep changing as you find weapons and unlock shit. Everyone else comes kind of baked in with the stuff they have (not 100% sure because I think im still in the early game)

Also...what is the point of leveling up?? I just don't see it doing anything. It didn't increase my characters HP, my attacks were doing the same damage as before, my iddhi gauge doesn't fill up any faster doing offensive actions nor drained less for doing defensive ones. All the progression seems to be tied to collecting Ringsels and getting to certain points in the story. If there are stats, then they're clearly hidden from the player making things all the more confusing.

To make it an "RPG" obviously! I haven't seen a single thing yet that makes this an RPG in any way. Being able to customize your team and pick offense over defense? I bought it for the "metroid + valkyrie profile" aspects, and it's doing that well enough, if not spectacularly, but I just don't know why it's being called an RPG everywhere. Not seeing it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
About 7 hours into the game now and I want to like it so much more than I do. The writing and story leave so much to be desired. I think the characters and world look cool but I don't actually care about it. There's a ton of little things that culminate in making the game feel really unpolished too. This might be one of my biggest disappointments of the year :( I may have hyped myself up way too much with this one. I was hoping for a grand RPG with a battle system from one of my favorite games and it's not delivering. Even the fights which are the highlight of the game feel unbalanced at times with really arbitrary numbers. There's a really weird disconnect with the stats , both inflated hp numbers and damage values. I wish this game had deeper rpg mechanics at it's core. Juggling enemies is still inherently fun but I'm not super engrossed. I'll keep playing but I'm not feeling it.

Does it feel like something that would be fixable with balance patches or is it systemic issues that are really bugging you?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Does it feel like something that would be fixable with balance patches or is it systemic issues that are really bugging you?
Some things can absolutely be patched. But the overall structure of the game is leaving me a lot to be desired. I mainly wish it were more of a rpg.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's cool.

I have e-mails dating back to August and again in September from [email protected] assuring me that they'd be updating my shipping address to my new one.

Today I got a call from the landlady of my old apartment in a city I NO LONGER LIVE IN saying they got a package from 505 Games.

So fuck me, I guess.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I feared from the previews. Glad I held off.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Found this in a post on the steam forum. Explains how Ajna works.

I feel like I'm...missing something here. She literally only uses the axe for me, and I have the bow and spear. If I do triple up she just does the axe launcher three times which whiffs the other attacks. I've never seen her use the bow.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
My Collector's Edition showed up in the mail today. Packaging is very nice.

a8c6dyi.jpg

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm...missing something here. She literally only uses the axe for me, and I have the bow and spear. If I do triple up she just does the axe launcher three times which whiffs the other attacks. I've never seen her use the bow.

I am only up to the bow, and she was randomly shooting it for me all of the time, but only in a combo, and never as an opening, or singular move. Are you trying these within a combo? Because you can't just do up+attack, then wait and do another in isolation. It's up+attack then up+attack then up+attack consecutively when you have three available attacks with her all at once.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Does the PS4 version run fine? I think I selected the PC when I pitched in to the indiegogo a decade ago when I didn't have my own place, but nowadays I just want to play on the couch.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Yes you can miss that guy if you finish that area early on.
Whaaat. RIP.

Patches won't fix the writing and level design. I forgot if I mentioned it here, it felt more arcade-y versus being a grand rpg experience. Like the characters lacking customization, in fact the character join moniker feels like a gacha intro. But at least gacha rpgs have customization!

Last edited:

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaat. RIP.

Patches won't fix the writing and level design. I forgot if I mentioned it here, it felt more arcade-y versus being a grand rpg experience.
Oh someone just told me elsewhere that he actually does show up later so if you missed getting him out of the cell you're safe.

Yeah I feel like calling it an rpg just gives people the wrong expectation.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am only up to the bow, and she was randomly shooting it for me all of the time, but only in a combo, and never as an opening, or singular move. Are you trying these within a combo? Because you can't just do up+attack, then wait and do another in isolation. It's up+attack then up+attack then up+attack consecutively when you have three available attacks with her all at once.

Yeah, I'm trying to do them quickly but I just get the same axe launcher.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm trying to do them quickly but I just get the same axe launcher.

With three actions available? It does nothing but the axe launcher if you only have a single action available at any given moment. Say you use "X" to attack with her, you need to have "X X X" on her action bar". You can just hold up and mash X at that point and the bow will shoot twice after the launcher.

edit: You don't even need more than two actually. Just think of it as a move you do after the launcher for a juggle combo. She can shoot the bow directly after the launcher, and you don't actually need more than two Xs. You just need to first initiate the launch attack, then her follow up attacks can all be the bow if you want. Or she can just shoot the bow as her second attack and then you do something else. That guide seems to just be focusing on full three hit combos instead of just move inputs or prerequisites in general.

Last edited:

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting to get the physical so quickly, didn't even get tracking info for it (not a complaint, just surprised). I'll probably hold off until the omitted characters are added, though.

GrimJawz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey sorry if this has been answered already, but I was wondering if anybody knows how long this game is supposed to be? It being a indie game and all I was expecting it to be in the 5-7 hour ball park, but after watching that opening anime intro with all those unique looking environments this looks like it could be JRPG length.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably super obvious but how do I get my code? I backed the game but haven't really kept on any updates since then.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Wonder if Mike Z will end up tinkering with the game after release like he did with SG.

So far I definitely echo the complaints about the writing. It feels chopped down from a larger game with beats missing.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
The game is not doing it for me so far, nothing is bad about it but also there's not much I look foreword to see more of, as in when I close the game I don't get excited to fire it up again.

That being said, they went off when it comes to the character designs though, it's one of my all time favorites.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Hey sorry if this has been answered already, but I was wondering if anybody knows how long this game is supposed to be? It being a indie game and all I was expecting it to be in the 5-7 hour ball park, but after watching that opening anime intro with all those unique looking environments this looks like it could be JRPG length.

20-30 hours

Oct 25, 2017
I remembered that I backed this game, but was surprised when the physical soundtrack came in the mail last week, didn't think the game was near done at all. Now I checked my status and it turns out I've got a physical game coming too. Looks like I actually upgraded my pledge to the $100 tier later on. Huh.

Seems my DLC + Digital Copy + Digital Soundtrack redeemed fine, but how are we getting the Digital Art?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Skullgirl's managed to nail everything when it released where as outside of the art and animation Indivisible feels pretty lacking. I think part of it's the way the combat works with the lack character progression; every fight against a mob feels identical and I'm not even getting progression. I love the axe jump mechanic but outside of that the traversal really boring with a lack of collectables/upgrades/rewarding exploration that are vital to Metroidvanias. Then the writing/story isn't doing much for me.

It kind of feels like Skullgirl's had a smaller scope but they put the work into making every element of it perfect where as Indivisible's much more vast yet much more shallow.