• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
At this point in my life, my code of ethics>>>>>>>>>>>>games.

I'm either getting a refund on Shenmue III or selling it immediately if I'm not eligible as well.

I hope Lab Zero can hold it together and not fall for Epic's bullshit.
So if they are close to running out of money and this will save them you still have a problem with it

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
They have a publisher. There are other options other than fucking over backers.
That wasnt the question and that is an even bigger problem if the publisher takes the deal and they they won't too all I'm saying is everything ain't black and white but ethics in gamging I get but I agree tho those who pre orders steam version should get it regardless but cause that deal was in place before epic etc

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

Just a quick update, Peter (Ravidrath) is no longer with Lab Zero. He's doing well, though, and he's taking some time off before getting back into the swing of things. He didn't really want it to distract from Indivisible hype, which *will* be awesome.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
That's a shame, I hope things ended amicably and that he continues to have pride in what he and his company has accomplished! And that all is well. Very excited for this game whenever it does come out.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

Just a quick update, Peter (Ravidrath) is no longer with Lab Zero. He's doing well, though, and he's taking some time off before getting back into the swing of things. He didn't really want it to distract from Indivisible hype, which *will* be awesome.
I hope that whatever he goes on to do is successful and fulfilling and I appreciate how prompt and friendly he was towards us despite a lot of our issues.

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didnt wanna break the news, privacy and all that. Game is gonna be great and is coming along pretty well! Im guessing you'll see a fair bit of media updates closer to release.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

Yeah I didnt wanna break the news, privacy and all that. Game is gonna be great and is coming along pretty well! Im guessing you'll see a fair bit of media updates closer to release.

Man, that's heartbreaking. Thank you for letting us know. He was great with the community and it's saddening to hear of his departure. However, I'm happier that he's doing well and taking a breather. There's so many items that can stress us in life. If you speak to him personally, please let him know that I and others care.

Best wishes to him!

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Damn, sorry to hear, I've been quietly following the project for a while and have been so impressed with the progress and the communication. I hope Peter is okay and nothing bad has happened. The lack of information or announcement makes me worried.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that sucks to hear that Ravidrath left, he did a great job with the community both now and back in the Skullgirls days. I hope there is/was no bad blood between him and the rest of Lab Zero since they all seemed like a group that worked together so well. At least it's good to hear he's doing well and I hope he gets all the rest he needs and deserves before his next venture.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Wait, really!? That sucks....he was great at his job. I hope he gets a well deserved time off/breather and finds the next best thing for him when he is ready.

Hope there was no bad blood or anything with the team, which I would find very hard to believe in the firstplace.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I backed for a ps4 copy, and changed it to switch, but I'm kinda worried after not a single answer or statement on framerate for switch. Does anyone have confidence in the switch version running at 60fps, or should I just go back to the ps4 copy?

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I backed for a ps4 copy, and changed it to switch, but I'm kinda worried after not a single answer or statement on framerate for switch. Does anyone have confidence in the switch version running at 60fps, or should I just go back to the ps4 copy?

I think we should not worry that much with Mike working as the programmer and the fact that he made Skullgirls run even on "toaster" set up of PC's I think it will be fine.. thinking positive!

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, like I said, totally from my ass. Can the team do it? Probably. But I wouldn't assume.
I've heard reports that Skullgirls on Switch was demoed at AX (or some other event), and that the game was running smoothley, and that both Skullgirls and Indivisible use the same engine.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

Oh that's a shame. It was fun to have him post here. Well hopefully he rests up and can move on to the next step in his life. Wish him the best

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I've heard reports that Skullgirls on Switch was demoed at AX (or some other event), and that the game was running smoothley, and that both Skullgirls and Indivisible use the same engine.

Same engine, yes, but theres been some improvements and additions to it. I know that the way characters are lit are improved since they've talked about it on their early streams way back when.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As of the Discord, it is releasing on Oct 8th for PS4, Xbox One, and specifically Steam. Switch release is "coming soon". Some pre order bonus info, too.

Looks like the switch release is delayed (to make sure it's up to snuff), is it too late to switch my backer copy back to ps4? Sent backerkit a message, hopefully they can swap it for me.

imBQPbc.png

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Part of me entertains the dumb idea that (Nintendo Switch Coming Soon) might mean the game will shadowdrop during a direct before the 8th of October.

But that's silly. Can't wait for the game.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Just learned that the main initial reason I backed the game- the awesome character design that was Toko- was dropped sometime during development.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, and a bit confused since I anecdotally remember seeing more fanart of her than a number of characters who did make it through. I take solace in the fact that Ren exists and wasn't a thing at the time I backed and I LOVE HIM... but to say I don't miss badass samurai nun would be false... Was there a poll I missed or something?

latest

Anyway, RIP to a real one, here's hoping the design gets used somewhere in the future.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
kickstarter allows us to experience the joy and depression of video game development as it occurs in real-time over several years: from concepts to finished designs.

not everything conceptualized makes it to the finish line

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Just learned that the main initial reason I backed the game- the awesome character design that was Toko- was dropped sometime during development.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, and a bit confused since I anecdotally remember seeing more fanart of her than a number of characters who did make it through. I take solace in the fact that Ren exists and wasn't a thing at the time I backed and I LOVE HIM... but to say I don't miss badass samurai nun would be false... Was there a poll I missed or something?

latest

Anyway, RIP to a real one, here's hoping the design gets used somewhere in the future.

Literally every one of my favorite characters were dropped. Out of the full list of characters shown, there couldn't have been a worse final roster for me (not to say that the roster itself is bad, just the worst out of all possibilities)

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
kickstarter allows us to experience the joy and depression of video game development as it occurs in real-time over several years: from concepts to finished designs.

not everything conceptualized makes it to the finish line
Indeed, indeed. That's why I'm more sad and not at all angry, I'm absolutely sure there was good reason for the cuts and design changes made (like I think I remember reading Baozhai was really hard to animate in her old design or something? It WAS super awesome but probably rather unwieldy to animate), it just sucks.

Literally every one of my favorite characters were dropped. Out of the full list of characters shown, there couldn't have been a worse final roster for me (not to say that the roster itself is bad, just the worst out of all possibilities)
Ah jeez, that sucks. D: I hope when the game comes out you'll be able to make some new favorites.

How any characters were dropped vs are in?
Oh there are still a LOT, 23 possible party members including Ajna. But I think something like... 8 or so were dropped looking at the current roster vs the old one?

LOL I still can't get over what they did to Ren's design, went from this:

52a.png

to this:

pose_ren.png
See this makes sense to me like with Baozhai. The chain is already hard enough to animate, having a whole extra braid would just make things harder. I do prefer his original hairstyle, though, true. But he looks just as cute in the in-game art I've seen so I'm good.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this as an advertised game when logging in to Steam. Has peaked my interest. Will probably support as it looks cool and meshes RPG w/ action platformer which is a unique take

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I have a question.
Years ago I won a contest on Neogaf, I needed to play the Indivisible demo and won the contest, my nick was Punished Snake, changed to Ludens later. I than quit Neogaf after the big meltdown, and created an account here.
The user I won the game from, Moonlight on Neogaf, found me and he gave me two keys, one was for the Indivisible prototype if I remember correctly, another was for How to Survive, as apologize. I later decided to quit my resetera account, but after a months or two I decided to create another one, this one.
Is there a way to contact the user I won the giveaway from? Sadly I have not him anymore on my friend list. I know he should be active in this thread, but I fdon't know if the nick is the same.

Last edited:

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
I have a question.
Years ago I won a contest on Neogaf, I needed to play the Indivisible demo and won the contest, my nick was Punished Snake, changed to Ludens later. I than quit Neogaf after the big meltdown, and created an account here.
The user I won the game from, Moonlight on Neogaf, found me and he gave me two keys, one was for the Indivisible prototype if I remember correctly, another was for How to Survive, as apologize. I later decided to quit my resetera account, but after a months or two I decided to create another one, this one.
Is there a way to contact the user I won the giveaway from? Sadly I have not him anymore on my friend list. I know he should be active in this thread, but I fdon't know if the nick is the same.

Moonlight is Nocturne on here.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
With the money I could spend for a physical copy of Indivisible I could get instead Valkyrie Profile 2 AND Dragon Quest VIII both for Ps2.

I'm juggling the decision.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like at least one store broke the street date and has the game available.

When are we backers getting codes? Are they going to be sent on the 8th?