• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, HadesGigas, for the original thread.

Indivisible is a RPG by Lab Zero, the makers of the hit fighting game Skullgirls! It ran a Fixed Funding campaign in Indiegogo a while ago, hitting their $1.5 million goal. In this thread we will keep up with the updates to the game as they get ready for release.

The game will get a physical retail release at launch, but only in a Standard Edition.

You can still preorder and donate towards the game through BackerKit. That is also the only way to get the physical Collectors Edition

Yes, if you back it via the BackerKit pre-order store now, you'll get access to the Backer Preview!

Any tier that includes the game, i.e. $30 or above.

https://indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Note that the Collector's Edition is exclusive to the campaign. While there will be a physical retail release, it will only be the standard edition.

DKG5a7pVYAARhR7.jpg:large

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games#/

Campaign Video

Anime Expo 2017 Sizzle Reel

zyl6nxxwoparidhdhrx0.png

Steam
Windows Download
Mac Download
Linux Download
NA PS4
EU PS4

Lab Zero is proud to announce that we're partnering with 505 Games to develop a new action/RPG, currently titled Indivisible.

Indivisible is inspired by classics like Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid, but with the unique character, world, and gameplay depth Lab Zero is known for.

Indivisible will be released on Nintendo Switch PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam Windows / Mac / Linux. The final product will support the English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Russian languages.

Indivisible is a side-scrolling RPG in the vein of Valkyrie Profile, spanning a huge fantasy world inspired by our own world's various cultures and mythologies.

Players will navigate beautiful environments using a variety of different traversal abilities, and engage monsters in fast-paced combat.

pd2r8bq.jpg

Soundtrack:

For Indivisible, Lab Zero has once again partnered with a legendary Japanese game music composer: Hiroki Kikuta.

If you don't recognize the name, Kikuta-san is responsible for the amazing soundtracks to Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2), Soukaigi, and Koudelka, among others.

Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKcx0oWbdbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAOihikWqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvkYP-ejCs

Opening:

Thanks to reaching one of the Campaign Stretch goals, Indivisible will have an animated intro with a dream collaboration by none other than famed Studio Trigger (Little Witch Academia, Kill la Kill) and Titmouse.

Some Pre Production art from Trigger

DOEU9XfUEAAWb0p.jpg:large

Here is an illustration by the great Yoh Yoshinari

55d3d39eb77ac07cd6a49f9bbdc5895e1498051629_full.png

Images and Concept Art:

outside-screenshot-768x432.jpg

insidescreenshot-768x432.jpg

Ajna_Bow-768x432.png

Thumbnail-2.jpg

latigo_atk_down_tripshot.gif

yan_attackup_rough_medit.gif

baozhai_attack_up_rough4.gif

22271090764_45945eb62c_o.png

Budget:

The total budget for Indivisible is $3,500,000.

If we raise our goal of $1,500,000 or more, 505 Games will provide the remaining $2,000,000 we need to complete the game. So, effectively, up to the initial goal your contribution is worth more than double.

And the more we raise beyond the initial goal, the better the game gets and the better the publishing arrangement with 505 gets for Lab Zero.

To be clear, this is not a campaign to "gauge interest" – Indivisible's budget represents a more equitable funding split, where your support directly influences not only the game, but also the post-release benefits Lab Zero receives.

Indivisible will not happen if we don't hit our goal. But should the campaign succeed, Lab Zero will have a better outcome than we would've gotten through a more traditional publishing deal – that's the risk we took, and we feel it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

Additionally, this represents the complete budget for our entire vision of Indivisible. If we are lucky enough to be in that situation, we will not be adding additional gameplay content to the core game as stretch goals As such, all additional content funded through stretch goals will be released in post-release updates.

Rewards:

lg1bmfenxre3ycgclwph.jpg

hys67geelqhosvsm41y8.jpg

finalrender-front_SM.png

For extra info, you can always visit the following:

Official Site
Twitter page
Youtube page

Last edited:

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait. Day one buy and will support the shit out of this gem. The prototype demo alone sold me.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot I backed this game, which is a good surprise considering how good it seems to look.Valkyrie Profile being my favorite JRPG, I am excited to play it.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for this to come out. I backed the campaign and I'm looking forward to seeing something new from Lab Zero after Skullgirls.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Nintendo Switch Physical Copy "backer". Am I suppose to get a beta-demo via Steam or something?

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Argh trying to decide between PS4 and Switch physical. I hope the Switch version turns out well and we get some footage of it before I have to lock in my final choice.

Ravidrath

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Woo, new thread in a new forum!

I'll be posting a new content update soon.

In the meantime, happy to announce that the Backer Preview has passed Sony US and EU, and we're just waiting on Microsoft now.

No promises, but hoping to have it out next week.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woo, new thread in a new forum!

I'll be posting a new content update soon.

In the meantime, happy to announce that the Backer Preview has passed Sony US and EU, and we're just waiting on Microsoft now.

No promises, but hoping to have it out next week.

Great to see you on here.

I missed out on the indiegogo campaign. Is there anyway to get my hands on that preview through backer kit?

Super looking forward to the content update.

Ravidrath

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Great to see you on here.

I missed out on the indiegogo campaign. Is there anyway to get my hands on that preview through backer kit?

Super looking forward to the content update.

Yes, if you back it via the BackerKit pre-order store now, you'll get access to the Backer Preview!

https://indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Note that the Collector's Edition is exclusive to the campaign. While there will be a physical retail release, it will only be the standard edition.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect to see you here so soon, Ravidrath! Nice. I'll just keep on quietly waiting for the Backer Preview.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still the case that Shantae will be one of the guest characters? I thought I remembered that announcement from a long way back, but didn't see the lineup image with her in the OP.

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Awesome, thanks Ravi. I'll probably grab a CE then a couple normals at launch as gifts.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the game that made GGers blow up for some stupid reason?. I remember backing an Indivisible game on indiegogo, but for some reason I thought that was a fighting game, not an rpg.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this thread has reminded me what a roller coaster that Indiegogo campaign was. Whenever I see an update for this game I get really happy knowing that this is happening.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is the backer demo available now? Not sure if I should spoil myself, or wait until the full game comes.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a question. In the old forum there was a contest in which you needed to play a demo in order to win a copy of the game. I was one of the winner (winning a Steam copy), but since...well, we know what happened, the giveaway hoster left the forum too. I don't know if he/she subscribed to ERA, so I'm leaving the message here just in case he/she posts here.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Welcome to the ERA, Mr. Ravi D. Rath. Care for a drink?

Wait, is the backer demo available now? Not sure if I should spoil myself, or wait until the full game comes.
No, it is not. The date for the backer demo is still TBA, but I imagine it will arrive in the next two months.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
If I back the Switch version, will I get the backer preview? Or is it only for the PS4/Xbone version. I have all the systems, so it's no a problem.

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Subscribed.but not going to touch the backer preview since I won't to remain unspoiled come release time.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Backed it when it was on IndieGoGo and completely forgot about this, those guest characters look like they'll fit in nicely.

Ravidrath

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If I back the Switch version, will I get the backer preview? Or is it only for the PS4/Xbone version. I have all the systems, so it's no a problem.

Yes, you can get the Backer Preview. You'll just have to get it on PS4, Steam or XB1 instead.

Subscribed.but not going to touch the backer preview since I won't to remain unspoiled come release time.

While I sort of understand this sentiment, there really isn't any story content or anything that I would consider "spoilers" in the Backer Preview.

It's made up from whatever assets we had available at the time, so not even the monster placement is going to be the same in the final game. It exists entirely to test out systems, look for bugs/exploits, and get feedback so we can improve the game.

Last edited:

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
While I sort of understand this sentiment, there really isn't any story content or anything that I would consider "spoilers" in the Backer Preview.

It's made up from whatever assets we had available at the time, so not even the monster placement is going to be the same in the final game. It exists entirely to test out systems, look for bugs/exploits, and get feedback so we can improve the game.

Is it similar in length to the first demo?

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you can get the Backer Preview. You'll just have to get it on PS4, Steam or XB1 instead.

"Spoilers" in this case does not mean story, but the game in its entirety - visuals, audio, animations, combat system, etc. I want to go into the full release blind :)

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey just noticed this thread. If you're allowed to answer can you give us an estimate on which quarter the game will release at?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Glad it's coming to Nintendo Switch. Didn't see that in the other thread from The Before Times. Being on Switch just makes good games all the more appealing. Gotta have that portability and versatility.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Ah good to have this thread here (thanks Raging Spaniard) and good to see you here too Ravidrath. I'm looking forward to the next Backer Preview. Hopefully it clears MS certification soon. I won't be able to play it but Iook forward toe the streams and videos that will follow.

As an aside, there are two months left until the "slacker backer" period ends and you are about $170k I beleive to the last stretch goal. Is there going to be an attempt at a last push to cross the line or will it just be left to "what happens, happens"?