• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Am I naive or just out of touch? I have a cousin visiting from out of town and he was totally down with the idea of running a train on woman we picked up in a club even though he is married. It didn't happen tonight, but it could happen tomorrow if I push for it. Should I use morals and not let it happen and prevent him from cheating or just do whatever happens? It's not really my conscience on the line. I'm shocked he would cheat on his wife, but is it really my concern or business? His wife is way more attractive, but I guess he just wants some strange.

Last edited:

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Am I naive or just out of touch? I have a cousin visiting from out of town and he was totally down with the idea of running a train on woman we picked up in a club even though he is married. It didn't happen tonight, but it could happen tomorrow if I push for it. Should I use morals and not let it happen and prevent him from cheating or just do whatever happens? It's not really my conscience on the line. I'm shocked he would cheat on his wife, but is it really my concern or business?
Nope, if he wants to be a scum bag let him.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Am I naive or just out of touch? I have a cousin visiting from out of town and he was totally down with the idea of running a train on woman we picked up in a club even though he is married. It didn't happen tonight, but it could happen tomorrow if I push for it. Should I use morals and not let it happen and prevent him from cheating or just do whatever happens? It's not really my conscience on the line. I'm shocked he would cheat on his wife, but is it really my concern or business? His wife is way more attractive, but I guess he just wants some strange.
I don't think you're out of touch. I would not push for it.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The vast majority of people are capable of cheating, yes. I dont know if you can quantify exactly how many do, but it's common.

There's no organ in the body that produces the "monogamy" particle, that's a social norm. We're programmed to reproduce. That doesnt excuse scummy behavior like your cousin's, but it's not up to you to make him a better person, insofar as what you believe is morally "better". You might stop him this time, but if he's a douche, then he's going to regress to douchiness until something in him convinces him enough to change. Getting caught can do the trick, sometimes.

I would give him crap for it, and let him know I disapprove, but I wouldnt do anything explicitly to make (or not make) a decision for him.

Also, hard pass on the cousin conducted train.

Last edited:

lil jetski

Nov 1, 2017
Though really you should not be responsible for preventing him cheating, I personally would never be complicit. Cheaters to me are the worst, most selfish people there is and I genuinely believe cheating is indicative of some sort of narcissistic disorder

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Sounds like a horrible person. Best go stay away from that guy OP

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
When someone asks you to engage in an activity with them that might/will lead to another person being emotionally hurt for no reason, then the usual answer from a decent human being should be "No."

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If someone wants to cheat on their wife, I don't really think what anyone else does or says is going to change their mind.

But I wouldn't want to be complicit.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'd just stay out of it either way

one of my biggest shocks in 30+ adulthood is how often married people cheat but came to the conclusion it's whatever, their business

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to comment on the "infidelity" side of things, then i googled the term "running a train" and realized that i'm ridiculously unqualified to comment on this specific situation.

one my biggest shocks in 30+ adulthood is how often married people cheat but came to the conclusion it's whatever, their business

Also, this.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
That's not someone I'd want to be next to. Cheating because your relationship is fucked up or something is one thing, doing it so nonchalantly just because of the sex... that's scummy as fuck.

OP
OP
Imitation Of Life
Oct 25, 2017
That's not someone I'd want to be next to. Cheating because your relationship is fucked up or something is one thing, doing it so nonchalantly just because of the sex... that's scummy as fuck.

Yeah it was weird. He didn't even care if they were less attractive than his wife. Just wanted to fuck something. I'm not into sharing to so I probably won't help him with this. I probably would have if it had happened tonight though because of how persistent they were. It's really fucked up.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, can someone explain what running a train means? I'm assuming a threesome or suchlike?

Anyway, I would not encourage or enable him to cheat on his wife, but you probably can't do more than that. Are you particularly close? If so you could have a more serious talk and tell him he shouldn't cheat, but you can't be responsible if he makes that decision.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when cousins just went bowling, those were the days.

CY1FAqe.jpg

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. distance yourself from this time bomb. who the fuck loudly broadcasts that they want to cheat on their spouse?

2. [sneak: 22] get his partner's number and tell her

Last edited:

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how many of you are just saying to look the other way. Does his wife not deserve to know? OP shouldn't participate and the cousin absolutely will continue his ways, but he might contract an infection or get someone pregnant, and then its his wife's problem too. She deserves to know. (And anyone justifying it with "but it's instinct, monogamy is a social invention!" can fuck right off)

OP, tell your cousin's wife and let her handle it from there.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the mental anguish that this act would inflict on the man's wife. Imagine how it would impact her ability to trust again in the future, how it would impact her self worth and any future relationships she might have. This is all in addition to the physical STD risks that would be exposed to his wife.

Then ask yourself if you want to be complicit in that. To effectively encourage it with your participation.

I hope you can come to the proper conclusion.

Oct 27, 2017
Just stay well away from that time bomb OP, no good can come out of it for anyone.

Also, I had to Google what running a train meant. Every day's a school day!

OP
OP
Imitation Of Life
Oct 25, 2017
I would not even hang out with them ever again

Easier said than done. I just won't indulge his desire to cheat. Completely blowing him off would lead to a lot questions from other relatives. I still like him as person I just think it's fucked up that he wanted to use me as an avenue to cheat. This is something completely new. I never thought he would even entertain the idea.

A threesome with your cousin?

A fivesome. Yes it is EXTREMELY gross, but my inhibitions were low in the moment do alcohol. A serious train. He just happened to be the only married person.

Last edited:

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
Cheating is their business but participating in it ....whole different matter. I would not touch that at all, especially with a family member. I m not a saint, I have cheated and been cheated on before, my mistake. But even I find it unthinkable to do whatever you are writing about

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd support you telling his wife OP because if he's okay with the prospect of cheating he can (and probably will) cheat.

I have no idea how the fuck you could explain you were about to have an orgy that included your cousin while maintaining credibility in her eyes though.

OP
OP
Imitation Of Life
Oct 25, 2017
I'd support you telling his wife OP because if he's okay with the prospect of cheating he can (and probably will) cheat.

I have no idea how the fuck you could explain you were about to have an orgy that included your cousin while maintaining credibility in her eyes though.

I'm not telling her anything. That's not my business.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The self-righteousness in this thread man.

If you're not in support of it OP, just don't get involved. He'll cheat if he wants to cheat, you don't have to be a vehicle for that and have it on your conscience.

Those saying "tell his wife" are frankly ridiculous IMO. Don't insert yourself into the situation OP.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Don't do trains with your cousins. Also take the highroad. You'll feel better afterwards. One, for not doing a damn train with your cousin and two, knowing you weren't part of the whole thing where your cousin cheats on his cool wife.

Trains... What will they think of next, Bullet train?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
To be honest I really didn't think of the consequences until I made it home. I was foolishly preoccupied with showing that I could make it happen. I won't do it even if i could.
How old are you? Please take this opportunity to get it in your head not to do things that will hurt people you respect for no reason.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Have you even asked him about it? Motive doesn't make it much better but it'll give you more understanding of him could inform your decision.

But you are kind of complicit in not telling him he's fucking up; he'll get or already has an idea that it's ok, that its just something married people do.
Then again maybe it is what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.