• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

For context, Infiltration is a notable FGC competitor who 3 and half years ago got into trouble for Domestic Abuse. That resulted in Panda Global dropping all ties with him and Infiltration volunteering to not participate in the 2019 Season of CPT....and that was kind of it. He eventually got back into competing again and it's just been the elephant in the room that people have had to put up with for the past 3 years.

Well Infiltration got clipped going on a rant about how it's okay for him to drop slurs because he's not actually a racist since he only says them to his "FGC Friends."

Update

so yeah to be short, he is mad that there is no clear reason of why he is banned, which as people has mentioned here, if he was not banned before from EVO after the 2018 incident, just having EVO under new leadership and looking at the lack of sanction all makes sense, but yeah I understand that in cases of code of conduct violations, you prevent to say the specific reasons in order to them not to appeal for everything and twist the rules so they can continue with bad behavior

It looks like the "exact" reason for Infiltration's ban wasn't made, just that he's considered to have violated the Player Code of Conduct.

Last edited:
A History of Infiltration's Behavior

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Related, a good summary and clarification on the transgressions Infiltration has committed over the past few years. Despite what some folks will claim, dude did plead guilty to the domestic violence charges and has shown no remorse for his actions in the 3 years since they came to light.

themsfightingwordsblog.com

The Continued, Puzzling Elevation of Infiltration

A few years ago, I was living with my brother and his wife, and it was difficult for me and my sister-in-law to connect. She was born and raised in the Chinese province of Sichuan, living in its bi…

OP
OP
crimsonECHIDNA

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Related, a good summary and clarification on the transgressions Infiltration has committed over the past few years. Despite what some folks will claim, dude did plead guilty to the domestic violence charges and has shown no remorse for his actions in the 3 years since they came to light.

themsfightingwordsblog.com

The Continued, Puzzling Elevation of Infiltration

A few years ago, I was living with my brother and his wife, and it was difficult for me and my sister-in-law to connect. She was born and raised in the Chinese province of Sichuan, living in its bi…

Threadmarked, thanks.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
When there's smoke there's fire.

I've been hard on Infil never really suffering any consequences for his domestic violence. Sure he (I believe voluntarily) missed a CPT season. Yeah he got dropped from PG. BUT HE NEVER MISSED A SINGLE EVO. Evo never banned him, but people celebrated his return like he was fucking Luke Skywalker despite the guy never so much as publicly apologizing for his behavior. What consequences is a fighting game player really suffering if he's allowed to participate in the world's largest fighting game tournament like nothing ever happened? Fuck that.

This shit here don't even surprise me. Of course he thinks it's cool to call us niggas. Homeboy really feels like he's untouchable because he's a great fighting game player and up until tonight the FGC basically said he was. Again, fuck that.

Good riddance.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive Commentary Around Bigotry; Prior Ban for the Same
A bunch of people in the FGC say it or use to, Justin wong, TS Sabin, Yipes, basically almost everyone. Not saying it's right, but I don't understand how people pick and choose.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
A bunch of people in the FGC say it or use to, Justin wong, TS Sabin, Yipes, basically almost everyone. Not saying is right, but I don't understand how people pick and choose.
what does that have to do with this?

this is a thread about infiltration and you bring up unrelated players??

did the infil fans hear an alarm or something???

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Part of me wonders if they were waiting for an excuse to ban him, part of me thinks they already had a valid excuse to permaban him the first time round with the domestic violence admission.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
My only issue with that is feel like it would have been more transparent to announce it at the start of the year and not in an email a few weeks before combobreaker. Just think its weird they didnt really announce his ban at the start of the year. Thats honestly my only issue with this lol.

OP
OP
crimsonECHIDNA

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Part of me wonders if they were waiting for an excuse to ban him, part of me thinks they already had a valid excuse to permaban him the first time round with the domestic violence admission.

Not gonna lie, it did come across as a "mafia member getting busted for tax evasion" energy. Same with FChamp's banning where people will argue the "final straw" was light compared to the other bullshit he did.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what does that have to do with this?

this is a thread about infiltration and you bring up unrelated players??

did the infil fans hear an alarm or something???

Are you kidding me... I don't watch infiltration. Is he part of the FGC, are the people I mentioned part of the FGC? I'm saying I've seen other people in the FGC use the same exact word and no body cared... That's how it has to do with this. Christ!

Is he banned for saying the word or for his dumb explanation?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Are you kidding me... I don't watch infiltration. Is he part of the FGC, are the people I mentioned part of the FGC? I'm saying I've seen other people in the FGC use the same exact word and no body cared... That's how it has to do with this. Christ!
then make a thread about them if you're so mad about it

save the whataboutisms for someone else

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I met him in person like 2 years ago when he was hosting some FGC events in Seoul. Seemed cool until I realized who he was after the event. It's kinda weird that so many people even showed up knowing who he is

Is he banned for saying the word or for his dumb explanation?
He did beat his gf or wife too. He's just a bad guy all around. Saying some words is the least of his issues , but they add up

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Wasn't there some backstory to his wife beating thing? I remember that after the news came out and people were calling for his ban, some counter news made the accusation easier/different and he was still accepted in some events

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with that is feel like it would have been more transparent to announce it at the start of the year and not in an email a few weeks before combobreaker. Just think its weird they didnt really announce his ban at the start of the year. Thats honestly my only issue with this lol.
Maybe he already bought the tickets and reserved an hotel so it's better this way, to waste his time and money.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Wasn't there some backstory to his wife beating thing? I remember that after the news came out and people were calling for his ban, some counter news made the accusation easier/different and he was still accepted in some events

Seems like he convinced enough people that he only admitted guilt cause it was cheaper then lawyering up to fight it.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
A bunch of people in the FGC say it or use to, Justin wong, TS Sabin, Yipes, basically almost everyone. Not saying it's right, but I don't understand how people pick and choose.

Awful take. Others already explained why but damn, Infil is an openly racist domestic abuser. Truly vile all round, you need to ask yourself why you're running mental gymnastics trying to defend him.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

The backstory is he was arrested and charged with domestic violence, lost the court case, and had to pay a fine for it. Period.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda get the """logic""" of what he's originally trying to say, that like with friends, there's no filter. But y'all, why does everyone use slurs as an example of not needing a filter and trusting yourself around others? And then he uses the most absurd racist examples. No filter means trust, authenticity, not a free n-word pass.

He should have been banned for the domestic violence. Dude even admitted it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Please show me Jwong saying the n-word or the f-word? In fact show me any of those people you say say it all the time saying it

s y

Nov 8, 2017
AssuredHeftyDore-size_restricted.gif

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

Nobody is stopping you from bringing it to light tbh

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Maybe he already bought the tickets and reserved an hotel so it's better this way, to waste his time and money.
Honestly I feel like, with covid and the 2 years with no offline events, they probably forgot about the whole infiltration thing and only remembered once they noticed he was registered

OP
OP
crimsonECHIDNA

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Seems like he convinced enough people that he only admitted guilt cause it was cheaper then lawyering up to fight it.

The only thing that has surfaced regarding it is what has been willing to share, and he's painted it as "I grabbed her wrist to keep her from breaking my stuff."

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
About time
Too many players in the FGC gets free passes on the stupid shit they say because they bring in views/press button good. It's baffling it took this long considering all the stuff Infiltration did up till now.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy seeing people (including in this thread) fall back into what is essentially the "Black people can say the N-word, I'm not racist, I just wanna say it too" defense.

Stop y'all buffoonery.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always hated how he got let back in to stuff like nothing happened so good riddance to him. Of course you'll always have fucking losers going to bat for him such as well-known asshole F-Champ;

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Deserved ban. Lost respect for him ages ago even used to be one of my favourites back in the day. But when you are a shitehead... you're a shitehead and there's no excusing that.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
About time
Too many players in the FGC gets free passes on the stupid shit they say because they bring in views/press button good. It's baffling it took this long considering all the stuff Infiltration did up till now.
The FGC is trash. Take one gander at r/Kappa, one of the biggest hubs for the FGC around, and you will see that a HUGE part of this community is sexist and racist.

Truth is, while Era is far from perfect, anyone who likes fighting games will find that the community here is way better than the majority you will find around the internet. The fighting game community here is pretty rad.

Last edited:

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
First of all, this banning has nothing to do with the N-word.

Second of all yes you can probably find people like Wong dropping N bombs. Here's one for example at 4:25.....

...but here's the thing. We "pick and choose" because it is at the discretion of the individual black person. If Mike Ross here is fine with Justin dropping a nigga then he's fine with it, he won't say anything about it. Same with anyone else okay with it in the area. But of course Mike Ross doesn't speak for black people so just because he's okay with it doesn't mean every black person will be.

If you say it and your black friends are cool then hey it's all gucci but they don't HAVE to be okay with it and if they change their mind a day later then they can do that and you just have to take it and if someone else that isn't your friend finds out about it then they are well within reason to be upset with you about it. This is the risk you take when saying the word, if all of this sounds like too much for someone then it is best they simply don't say it at all.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The FGC is trash. Take one gander at r/Kappa, one of the biggest hubs for the FGC around, and you will see that a HUGE part of this community is sexist and racist.

Truth is, while Era is far from perfect, anyone who likes fighting games will find that the community here is way better than the majority you will find around the internet. The fighting game community here is pretty rad.

r/kappa is not the fgc

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Always hated how he got let back in to stuff like nothing happened so good riddance to him. Of course you'll always have fucking losers going to bat for him such as well-known asshole F-Champ;

Of course it has to be F-Champ. They belong to each other.