• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
And this gets to the simple truth with tournaments that are 99% crowd funded, owned, or volunteer-ran; you don't have an inherent right to participate in a fighting game tournament. This is just a very fundamental risk of having your sole source of income rely on said tournaments.

In terms of "degrees" of abuse, that's going to be up to the community at large (or the individual TO), where the range is going to be something like what Noel Brown did, or what Dark Prince did in the day (or I guess in the Smash Community, attempted vehicular manslaughter is 6 months).

Man, I just cannot agree with a community making a judgement on a guy over a personal dispute. It just seems like a really bad precedent to set.

The guy who drove a van into a crowd of people is one thing, but a domestic dispute? That's reaching way too far. I hope other companies and communities don't start following this precedent.

Oct 27, 2017
Abusers always invent conspiricies against themselves to explain away horrible shit they did. Of course it wasn't you, it was the strange faceless people online making up lies, Infil. I'm not ready to forgive him yet, because the whole situation sounds fucked. the stuff behind his wife and him doesn't at all sound like a functioning relationship

There's a difference between making up conspiracies and actual having an investigative report written about what transpired. Unless you want to say that he he paid off someone to write that as well.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Even with the investigative report, people here still don't wanna swallow their pride or budge on their stance. Don't wanna acknowledge that with this particular case what has been done to him and his character is not proportionate with what has been reported.

How progressive.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Even with the investigative report, people here still don't wanna swallow their pride or budge on their stance. Don't wanna acknowledge that with this particular case what has been done to him and his character is not proportionate with what has been reported.

How progressive.

I don't see how you read the reports and act like he's a victim. He got violent with his wife. She got injured. He got hit with a restraining order and paid fines for it. He did this to himself and his character.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how you read the reports and act like he's a victim. He got violent with his wife. She got injured. He got hit with a restraining order and paid fines for it. He did this to himself and his character.
I don't see how you read the reports and come to that conclusion without seeing a shred of nuance, so I suppose the feeling is mutual.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was wild.

Read the first page: Dude beat his wife's ass in a hallway one time and almost choked to her death another time. Goddamn this dude lost his mind. What kind of name is Infiltration anyway? This man is crazy.

Read the last page: She may have sustained a bruised wrist because they were fighting over a phone.

Like brehs, the fuck? That is some wild divergence. This just sounds like a whole lot of nothing aside from an ugly divorce.
Well, I'd believe the investigation that took two months looking at court records and text records over the anonymous Reddit post personally.
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He didn't choke her to death but he probably did more than bruise her wrists.

Last edited:

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He didn't choke her to death but he probably did more than bruise her wrists.

There is no evidence for this whatsoever.

The altercation that occured happened when Infiltration asked for a divorce. Text records show his wife repeatedly tried to force him back into the relationship, even after his fine for violence. He was unknowingly recorded denying any violence towards her before the bruised wrist. No evidence has ever been entered into record, AFAIK, that he abused her in any way prior to this. The only allegations otherwise come from an anonymous reddit post that has been pretty well debunked.

And for the wrist itself, this was a verbal altercation that rose to two people fighting over a phone to call the police on one another. It's not hard to imagine how that injury could have been unintentional. Which isn't excusing it, because any kind of laying on hands is unacceptable and merits punishment, but there is a degree of difference between something like that and hitting your spouse.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Even when there's a detailed report outlining everything that happened, it's still apparently "somewhere in the middle". This is why these kind of allegations are so fucked up. People will cling to the initial allegations even in the face of facts. Why? Who the hell knows, you don't even know these people.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even when there's a detailed report outlining everything that happened, it's still apparently "somewhere in the middle". This is why these kind of allegations are so fucked up. People will cling to the initial allegations even in the face of facts. Why? Who the hell knows, you don't even know these people.
Have you read the report? They didn't even deny the transcripts and audio recordings.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is the key takeaway from this. He's awful for what occurred and deserves no pity, IMO. If Infiltration ever leaves the FGC permanently nothing of value will have been lost.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Panda Global's weak "investigation" is part of the internet.

The transcript is legit but incomplete.
Care to point out what makes Panda's investigation "weak"? Panda has all the financial incentive to be as thorough as possible, regardless of how much internet pundits want them to take their side.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know who to believe, this situation is far too complicated but he did get charged for the broken wrist.

Can't lie, I do feel a little sorry for him. What a fucked up relationship

I still can't get behind infil on this based on his actions and alleged speech. The whole relationship was a little strange; they got married very quickly.

Last edited:

Kyo

Oct 25, 2017
Those allegations were debunked. People seriously need to stop believing everything they see on the internet after this fiasco.
Care to point out what makes Panda's investigation "weak"? Panda has all the financial incentive to be as thorough as possible, regardless of how much internet pundits want them to take their side.

The craziest stuff in the initial reddit post was definitely debunked.

The transcript bandied about as proof supporting the initial reddit post was affirmed to be legitimate from the investigation, just cut around to remove some context of the conversation. He says some pretty nasty stuff in that transcript no matter how you cut it.

In the end, she had proof that she was injured recently and proof they were in what could have been a physical domestic dispute around the same time as that injury, and he challenged neither thing.

My takeaway, personally is that while Infil didn't deserve the extra court of public opinion fearmongering about what happened from people cutting up the transcript to make things sound worse than what they were, the actual result of the investigation is still vague and doesn't really exonerate him wrt laying hands on his ex. So yeah, it is "somewhere in the middle", and largely in part because he never tried to fight the charges or dispute her evidence.

So while the extra damage to his public image may have been unfair, I don't think PG and Capcom's actions were.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The craziest stuff in the initial reddit post was definitely debunked.

The transcript bandied about as proof supporting the initial reddit post was affirmed to be legitimate from the investigation, just cut around to remove some context of the conversation. He says some pretty nasty stuff in that transcript no matter how you cut it.

In the end, she had proof that she was injured recently and proof they were in what could have been a physical domestic dispute around the same time as that injury, and he challenged neither thing.

My takeaway, personally is that while Infil didn't deserve the extra court of public opinion fearmongering about what happened from people cutting up the transcript to make things sound worse than what they were, the actual result of the investigation is still vague and doesn't really exonerate him wrt laying hands on his ex. So yeah, it is "somewhere in the middle", and largely in part because he never tried to fight the charges or dispute her evidence.

So while the extra damage to his public image may have been unfair, I don't think PG and Capcom's actions were.

Precisely where I am.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Ugh. I just leaned infiltration will be attending evo

He deleted his tweet which had a few bits from the transcript to avoid further harm to the actual victim but it quickly reminded me why I flushed him and stopped watching his streams. I know I'll be disappointed but I'm hoping he'll not be playing any of the games I'll be watching. Ever that or just keep his matches off stream if they're too cowardly to ban him.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

He deleted his tweet which had a few bits from the transcript to avoid further harm to the actual victim but it quickly reminded me why I flushed him and stopped watching his streams. I know I'll be disappointed but I'm hoping he'll not be playing any of the games I'll be watching. Ever that or just keep his matches off stream if they're too cowardly to ban him.

Wasn't this case a lot more complicated than simply Infiltration being the bad guy?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017

I thought the situation is already cleared tho.. Man already through his punishment and suffered financially heavily.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Wasn't this case a lot more complicated than simply Infiltration being the bad guy?
I thought the situation is already cleared tho.. Man already through his punishment and suffered financially heavily.

Yeah, I heard there was apparently some new evidence or something that came to light but I'm not sure what could make things like, "that wasn't a suggestion, bitch. it was a threat. A command" Or "hey, carefully evaluate your situation. You want it bent until your bones get broken" make him sound any better.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I heard there was apparently some new evidence or something that came to light but I'm not sure what could make things like, "that wasn't a suggestion, bitch. it was a threat. A command" Or "hey, carefully evaluate your situation. You want it bent until your bones get broken" make him sound any better.
They were lies, that's what.

Unfortunately, the OP was never updated with the stuff that came out.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The transcripts of the audio logs were lies? Where did that get mentioned? I don't think I remember anyone saying the transcripts were faked
Actually, now I'm not even sure. I know that a big part of the initial accusations were lies and some dubious stuff with the original Reddit creator and pepole associated with the wife that had their own agenda to make Infiltration look bad with false information. I'd have to actually look back for the full story; a lot of the articles that popped up were focused on the initial accusation and weren't interested in the follow-up.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Actually, now I'm not even sure. I know that a big part of the initial accusations were lies and some dubious stuff with the original Reddit creator and pepole associated with the wife that had their own agenda to make Infiltration look bad with false information. I'd have to actually look back for the full story; a lot of the articles that popped up were focused on the initial accusation and weren't interested in the follow-up.
Yeah, I've been searching since I read your post earlier and I'm having difficulty finding any info on those transcripts or whether or not they're accurate.
Is this guy allowed to do a redemption arc or what?
I mean, he was one of my favorite players to watch in tournament and on his streams but if what I read here is true, fuck that guy.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
You should just look into Panda Gaming investigation transcript.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Woaaah I had no idea this was him. I thought he was a cool person. That sucks.. He invited me to his game room .

Guess I shouldn't go there

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember of the Panda investigation it was a messy situation of a toxic relationship. Supposedly the leaked information wasn't accurate and/or representative of the facts.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, he was one of my favorite players to watch in tournament and on his streams but if what I read here is true, fuck that guy.
It isn't, so far as I can find at least. They got into a heated argument because he wanted a divorce. During this altercation, he grabbed her wrist, leaving a bruise. Sure, it may still technically be domestic abuse. But it's hardly the psychopathic assault he was accused of.

EDIT: Re-read PG's summary of their investigation. It appears that the transcript is legitimate, but the events are presented out of order, while some are omitted entirely. So, the physical abuse could have been more severe and simply left no visible injury. But, I don't know how much I would trust the translation in that link given that it was posted by the same rando on r/kappa that shuffled the transcript around and then deleted their account not long after their original post.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
This whole thing is so messy and what is fact and rumor is all over the place. I say that as a person who isn't even a fan of his. Reacting to rumor and conjecture when we could not and still can't separate what really happened is crazy, especially now that there seemed be obviously be way more going on here than we knew.

That said, if they choose to not give him any shine at EVO, like being on stream then so be it.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I remember something along the lines of the translations of the police documents regarding the incidents were falsified, and even then the authorities confirmed they never released those documents to anyone in the first place. It's all a huge mess and I'll try to find that info later when I can.

Edit: not a fan of his by any means or trying to defend an alleged abuser, just going by what I recall.

Edit 2: actually it looks like documentation was obtained and he uhh... Is guilty? Lol. Hate to reference r/kappa but there is a big write up there. The video/audio evidence was considered inadmissible at court though so I don't know why.

Last edited:

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
The transcripts were never confirmed to be fake, but rather out of order or omitting some information listed in the investigation, if that's right. The issue is that some of the stuff that Infilitration said isn't good in any context and he more than likely did put hands on his wife.

With that said, I personally am not holding out that his former employer is necessarily a 100% unbiased source of info with all of this