Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooo that's insane lol iPod Touch days! Man I wish they would do the same for Chaos Rings 1 and 2

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Ho-ly shit.

I played these on my iPod Touch until the battery went out, it's no official remake/re-release but i'll take it!

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow!
I gave up hope on this ever coming to Android/PC and went as far as to get an iPhone 7 (The last phone it apparently worked well enough on) just to play this.
Awesome to see, hopefully same thing is done for 2/3.
It is sad to think I consider these games among the top mobile games I've played, and it was really early in the smartphone life, now we just have to be happy with gachas apparently.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It actually looks quite nice still, even on a big ultrawide.

The touch controls while working well and the same is a different thing, having to click to the far reaches of the screen for dodging isn't as fast.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It actually looks quite nice still, even on a big ultrawide.

The touch controls while working well and the same is a different thing, having to click to the far reaches of the screen for dodging isn't as fast.

Yeah I was just thinking it probably wouldn't feel the same with a mouse.
Guessing it may be better on tablet, I'll give it a try on ROG Ally, maybe Deck if it works with proton.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
This is that famous "look how good games can look on mobile" thing from years and years ago, right? Might give it a shot!

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
And this has lore written by Brandon Sanderson, right?

He's friends with them because of this and that's why one of his Mistborn characters ended up in Fortnite. The only Fortnite collaboration of a character that only exists in novels.

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
I played this a ton back in the day! I played IB2 a little less and I don't think I ever even touched IB3.

Will try to give this a shot for nostalgia's sake.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I was saying this in the Xbox thread a couple days ago, but if they are bringing back old cell phone games, they need to bring back the doom and Wolfenstein RPGs!

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
And this has lore written by Brandon Sanderson, right?

He's friends with them because of this and that's why one of his Mistborn characters ended up in Fortnite. The only Fortnite collaboration of a character that only exists in novels.
Not just lore, two books (that were good!) that are not optional reading to understand the quite well-imagined story of this franchise. There are some really excellent reveals if you play through. I'm sure they're mostly common knowledge by now but at the time it was like.... whaaaaaaat

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Not just lore, two books (that were good!) that are not optional reading to understand the quite well-imagined story of this franchise. There are some really excellent reveals if you play through. I'm sure they're mostly common knowledge by now but at the time it was like.... whaaaaaaat

Of fucking course Brandon Sanderson wrote two entire novels. He probably could write an entire trilogy based on a commercial for Pop Tarts he wrote.

That said, I did really want to play these games for his story in addition to how insane they were as a graphical powerhouse/showcase at the time, but I just did not have a phone that could run them. I might actually download it on my phone just a mess around when I'm offline.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Of fucking course Brandon Sanderson wrote two entire novels. He probably could write an entire trilogy based on a commercial for Pop Tarts he wrote.

That said, I did really want to play these games for his story in addition to how insane they were as a graphical powerhouse/showcase at the time, but I just did not have a phone that could run them. I might actually download it on my phone just a mess around when I'm offline.
To be fair they were both like 80 pages each, novella length. They slotted in between games, one between 1 and 2 and one between 2 and 3.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've been wondering if Epic might fix these up a bit and re release them to fill out their iOS Europe app store at launch.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I never jumped out of my bed so fast to get this running. Looks fine on Steam Deck as well.

I have an old iPad 4 with IB1-3 games on it. I'm making sure it never dies.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I actually do miss some (older) mobile games, Infinity Blade would be one of them. Too bad most of them can't be downloaded/played anymore (bought lots of them on iPod touch and iPhone/iOS but switched to Android over the years). Cool that that modders brought this to PC now. Game was fun, looked awesome and played well enough on the touch screen.

Nov 27, 2020
I actually do miss some (older) mobile games, Infinity Blade would be one of them. Too bad most of them can't be downloaded/played anymore (bought lots of them on iPod touch and iPhone/iOS but switched to Android over the years). Cool that that modders brought this to PC now. Game was fun, looked awesome and played well enough on the touch screen.
I'd love to see the iOS Dead Space game get a rerelease. Hell, bring that Mass Effect cover shooter too.

There was a brief moment where iOS and Android seemed to start getting "real" games, and I was all excited. And then the reality set in and I went right back to consoles. Lol

Jul 1, 2020
This is that famous "look how good games can look on mobile" thing from years and years ago, right? Might give it a shot!
Apple had Epic on stage whenever there was a new iPhone or iPad released to show off the graphics prowess on par with the then current consoles (PS3, Xbox 360) on the new devices. I'm kind of annoyed that we didn't get Shadow Complex 2 because of the crazy success these games had.

I'd love to see the iOS Dead Space game get a rerelease. Hell, bring that Mass Effect cover shooter too.

There was a brief moment where iOS and Android seemed to start getting "real" games, and I was all excited. And then the reality set in and I went right back to consoles. Lol

Then the mobile audience didn't want to pay for games and it all went away.

Jul 1, 2020
I did my part! Paid for both…and can't play them anymore. Lol
I did too. I also bought the Mirror's Edge 2D platformer for iPad that was pretty good. I have quite a few iOS games that have basically just evaporated because Apple killed 32-bit apps on iOS. There is some early work being done to get these games playable on PC but so far I only know of it working with Super Monkey Ball.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blz7qJrZ-s8

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I was saying this in the Xbox thread a couple days ago, but if they are bringing back old cell phone games, they need to bring back the doom and Wolfenstein RPGs!
I've had the Doom RPG PC port on Steam Deck for a while now - enjoy!

Doom RPG Port Reverse Engineering Update (version 0.2.2) Source Code Release

As we promised, the Doom RPG port for PC is finally here. created using SDL2 and BREW version doomrpg.mod original file reverse engineering. This is my first port made for PC and I hope this works for you too. Special thanks goes to @Anarkavre as thanks to him we got the original Brew game files....

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
The original "holy shit" mobile game. Seeing that on phones / early tablets was mind blowing.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
I remember how impressive it was to have an Xbox 360 style game running on my iPhone 4.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just got this running on steamdeck and it works great. I'm swiping the touchscreen for attacks and using the dpad to dodge and block. Would love an official rerelease of the trilogy to modern systems, but this works in the meantime.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That's cool! I had all 3 games at one point on my iPad but lost them after the take down and I needed room before hand. I had 1 backed up, but it was an old non-64 bit version...

Since last year though I've actually been playing the Infinity Blade series by sideloading them on my M1 MBA. The built in trackpad controls along with Better Touch Tool to click and swipe specific areas mapped to keyboard works pretty nicely.

With all the extras this has this is probably the best way along with a touch screen enable device. Got an itch to try it out on the Surface later. Maybe on the Steam Deck too.

tiza blanca

May 9, 2020
Yoooooo that's insane lol iPod Touch days! Man I wish they would do the same for Chaos Rings 1 and 2

This and Chaos Rings are one of the first "(portable) console quality games on your phone" games I remember.

Fortunately Chaos Rings has official vita port (although only the third game is on the cartridge), and it's great to see Infinity Blade be preserved even though it's unofficial.

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
Wait how did they do this?

The art part I get though, all the assets for Infinity Blade were eventually released for free on the Epic Games Store. I think I might have used a bunch of their rocks or something

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Oh mna, this is rad. I didn't have a smartphone until literally a month after it got delisted so I never got to play. Stoked to finally get my hands on it!

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This and Chaos Rings are one of the first "(portable) console quality games on your phone" games I remember.

Fortunately Chaos Rings has official vita port (although only the third game is on the cartridge), and it's great to see Infinity Blade be preserved even though it's unofficial.

haha yeah, and they looked amazing at the time, especially Chaos Rings 2. But I was heavy into Square's mobile games. I remember loving Drakerider too which wasn't a great game but something about it always stuck with me. Think it was the battle system and music

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHl_7pNU3MU