• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which did you like more?

• Harry Potter Saga

Votes: 141 20.4%
  • Infinity Saga

Votes: 506 73.2%
  • Both

Votes: 63 9.1%

• Total voters

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I've watched 3 Harry Potter movies now and never enjoyed even a single second of them so it goes to Marvel.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
They were both good. And both have the same scenario with the penultimate film being the better of the films.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's Harry Potter for me BUT i was really disappointed with the ending in the movies.

in the movies:
harry + voldemort go running around the castle hitting spells at each other, harry pretends he is going to give voldemort a hug then pulls him off the side of the castle, they go for a nice little flight around the castle. they land in the courtyard, are on their knees, and both their wands connect so they both try push their spell towards the other.

DeathlyHallows.png

harry then overpowers voldemort who then just turns into bits of snake skin that disappear into thin air. his body is completely gone and everyone has to take harry's word for it.

in the books:
after harry is revealed to be still alive everyone starts fighting and everyone gets pushed into the great hall. eventually harry + voldemort confront each other. everyone else is standing around them watching.

latest

both harry/voldemort circle each other while harry explains how voldemort has failed and that he can't win. he calls by his real name Tom and gives him a chance to feel some remorse but of course voldemort refuses and goes to kill harry who then disarms him. voldemorts wand comes flying towards harry and the killing curse strikes voldemort dead. everyone in the hall witnesses his death and his body doesn't disappear. his body is put in a room away from all the other dead bodies.

voldemort was afraid of dying and that's why he wanted to become immortal. having him die like any other human is such an important point. also having his followers witness the death means they wouldn't say oh he'll come back. he died like a human and was probably buried or cremated. i'd absolutely love it if he was buried in the same grave as his father who he hated.
Yep. It's as though everyone who had power in the decision to change this ending didn't understand the series at all.

It's not even just that - it's the fact that Voldemort is physically kicking Harry and stuff in the movie - like, what? The Voldemort of the books would never resort of physical violence because he'd deem it a "muggle" method of fighting - and beneath him.

They straight up ruined Voldemort for the movies IMO. Instead of a skeletal, scary, dangerously intelligent sorcerer - they made him into a weird, middle-aged dad or something. The adaptation in Philosopher's Stone, when he was still on the back of Quirrell's head - to me was way more in line with how he was in the books (apart from the nose). Fuck, the first two movies in general were way more in line with the books, both in detail and in the "feel".

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't have any idea what they have in common besides a baddy dying and the generic idea of a hero. But like...Harry isn't like a superhero, you know? And Avengers movies are about teaming up with other heroes. Are we just comparing any conclusion to any other? In that case, can someone make a poll between of whats the better conclusion: Digimon: The Movie or the ending to Ubisoft's The Crew.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I never was a fan of Harry Potters's ending. The whole deal with the ownership of the wand annoyed me more than anything. Somehow the movie makes the ending worse than the one from the book. I also wasn't a fan of the final confrontation in the book, but why do they hug each other and fly around Hogwarts.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
it's Harry Potter for me BUT i was really disappointed with the ending in the movies.

in the movies:
harry + voldemort go running around the castle hitting spells at each other, harry pretends he is going to give voldemort a hug then pulls him off the side of the castle, they go for a nice little flight around the castle. they land in the courtyard, are on their knees, and both their wands connect so they both try push their spell towards the other.

DeathlyHallows.png

harry then overpowers voldemort who then just turns into bits of snake skin that disappear into thin air. his body is completely gone and everyone has to take harry's word for it.

in the books:
after harry is revealed to be still alive everyone starts fighting and everyone gets pushed into the great hall. eventually harry + voldemort confront each other. everyone else is standing around them watching.

latest

both harry/voldemort circle each other while harry explains how voldemort has failed and that he can't win. he calls by his real name Tom and gives him a chance to feel some remorse but of course voldemort refuses and goes to kill harry who then disarms him. voldemorts wand comes flying towards harry and the killing curse strikes voldemort dead. everyone in the hall witnesses his death and his body doesn't disappear. his body is put in a room away from all the other dead bodies.

voldemort was afraid of dying and that's why he wanted to become immortal. having him die like any other human is such an important point. also having his followers witness the death means they wouldn't say oh he'll come back. he died like a human and was probably buried or cremated. i'd absolutely love it if he was buried in the same grave as his father who he hated.
I kind of like both, to be honest. In the movies it's quite exciting and very cinematic when Neville kills the snake and then Voldermort implodes. It's a bit like Lotr changes it so there's a fight between Frodo and Gollum, even you could argue that's not the point of Gollum being killed by his own madness and falling over, it still works as a scene.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They both stuck the landing quite well I thought. Infinity Saga is tough because even though it was kind of an overarching narrative, it also kind of wasn't. The Thanos storyline often took a backseat or wasn't present at all, where as Harry Potter had a much more cohesive through line. Which doesn't make one better or worse, they're just different things. Both of them are titans of cinema, and minor miracles that they executed as well as they did.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The movies were terrible adaptations so the conclusion wasn't satisfying because it made no sense. There was no set up to pay off.

The films absolutely butchered the central Dumbledore/Harry relationship.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The last 2 HP movies were absolute bore. That so called final fight is just bleh. The only good part was Snape twist.

Oct 26, 2017
What's funny about this is that both penultimate films were better than their finales.

Deathy Hallows 1 > Deathly Hallows 2
Infinity War > Endgame

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Are we talking about just the HP movies or the actual book endings? I voted for Marvel under the assumption that we were comparing the two film series, but I actually adore the book's ending (other than the stupid epilogue).

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Outside of Prisoner of Azkaban, the Harry Potter films were kinda a shitshow. The HP film franchise in general has to really deal with "The book was better." complaints since they more or less try to be direct adaptations while the MCU films are largely taking inspiration from 60+ years of Marvel history without being direct adaptations of any of it.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
For me:

Infinity War>HP books before epilogue>>>>HP books after reading the epilogue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HP movies

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I voted for Infinity War. I haven't read any Potter books, but I saw 3 of the movies, and was underwhelmed with all of them.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Infinity war. I loved the Christopher Columbus Hp movies 1 and 2, 3 was also great but starting with 4 it all started to fall apart for me.

Firstly I hated that they made Dumbledore into a asshole, 2nd all the actors's scripts were better when they were kids teenage/ young adults

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Happy leaned down and patted his son on the head, "Tony Natasha Jarvis/Vision Pietro, you were named after the bravest hero's I ever knew."

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
For the movies specifically, I would say the Infinity War conslusion had the more satisfying conclusion. The Harry Potter movies tried to hard to make a spectacle out of the final battle and lost sight of what made the finale in the book good.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Harry Potter's ending was fine, but it was let down by the epilogue. Not sure why we needed to know that the characters married their high school romances and had a bunch of kids named after dead people.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
The HP books are so much better than the latter movies. I can't believe we're still stuck with Yates and now with Post-HP Rowling. Sigh.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
When in doubt, always choose The Lord of the Rings.
I don't and will never understand how those movies came to be as amazingly crafted and put together as they were in goddamn 2001. Just wow

On topic, I'd choose Infinity. I haven't read the books but even though I quite liked the last two HP movies, the ending just felt extremely anticlimatic. Like, I couldn't even believe that Harry, who spent 8 movies being a hack at magic, could beat Voldemort in a full on magic battle.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"Which had the more satisfying conclusion?"
"Which did you like more?"

"Both."
"I liked both... more."

giphy.gif

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I find the Harry Potter books to be pretty bad and the movies even more so, the MCU.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The first Deathly Hallows movie was god awful which was spared ridicule by the much better second part.

The Infinity Saga stuck the landing for the most part.