• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Fandango has announced that the movie has already become the best-selling superhero movie in advanced pre-sales, taking just six hours to surpass both Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the most recent record-holder, Marvel's Black Panther, with tickets going on sale at 6 AM PM/9 AM ET today.

As of now, limited box office predictions have been made, but it's possible that it could finally surpass the Marvel Cinematic Universe opening weekend record of $207.8 million, set back in 2012 by The Avengers. That figure stood as the highest opening weekend ever for several years, before it was ultimately beat by Jurassic World ($208.8 million) and the current opening weekend record holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($247.9 million).

https://movieweb.com/infinity-war-movie-new-presales-record/

This movie is gonna make so much damn money.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wonder how many new marvel/black panther fans bought tickets to see him continue his story.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
wonder how many new marvel/black panther fans bought tickets to see him continue his story.
I know I'm definitely gonna up there unlike with previous Marvel movies. I've always been a fan but Black Panther made me wanna see them day 1 now rather than waiting until they hit blu-ray.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean. Black Panther is in it, Wakanda is playing a big role. So you could say Black Panther contributed to the higher presales.

OP
OP
Falconbox

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I mean. Black Panther is in it, Wakanda is playing a big role. So you could say Black Panther contributed to the higher presales.

Or the fact that's it's a culmination of the last 10+ years of movies.

As the article pointed out, the highest MCU movie opening weekend (also all-time sales) currently is the first Avengers, which of course was the first meetup of all our heroes. People just like to see the big team-ups.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. For sure the past few Marvel movies being excellent, especially Black Panther, contributed to this.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Pretty sure this just a repeat of the article from earlier this afternoon and is only comparing each movie's first 24 hours of presales.

It's not IW 1 day/6 hours of presales are bigger than the total presales of those other movies.

But IW is going to be huge and should wind up being the second highest opening weekend of all time.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Makes sense... I'm going to see it and didn't see any of the others in the theatre except for black panther and Thor rag.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time I ever preordered tickets and I couldn't be more excited. First showing opening night baby!!!!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think Hawkeye nor Ant-Man are gonna be in this one. They haven't been in any of the promotional material.

They'll probably show up for Avengers 4 in 2019.
avengers-infinity-war-all-hawkeye-poster-by-bosslogic-1093994.jpeg

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I am sure black Panther had some influence to this. After seeing BP, i m definitely more excited for IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.