• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Because Call of Duty's developers take turns developing games, and 2019 is IW's turn.

Right but how do we know that they're not hiring for their next game which will for sure be next gen. Seems like a bit of a reach.

Edit: next game as in next, next game. Like after MW4

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
PS5 next year would be incredible. Maybe Sony is going for the X360 strategy of a year headstart, let's hope they don't take the hardware failures with them though.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
PS1 was September which is Q3.

So really only the PS3 and PS4 have been Q4 releases. With Q1 rapidly catching up to Q4 as a major release window for games it stands to reason that a console may also release in Q1.

I just fact checked this. You're talking about JP release dates. I'm referring to North America. In North America, it's always in the October/November/December time frame.

They want the console out right before the holiday season.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I'm not sure I'm following your math...

then don't. my initial post said it feels like this gen started only 3 years ago because there were little to no compelling games between 2013 and 2014. a lot of it were cross-gen, even. not until 2015 did we see what this gen was capable of and only now are we seeing games that are truly next-gen.

Also, technically we are at year 4, not year 5. year 5 doesn't come until next month. that's the math.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see the next step. Maybe with that BR stuff they gonna spend more time in tittle transition. Who knows.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Nah, I still don't believe that next-gen consoles will launch next year. Sony released the PS4 Pro in late 2016. Yes, that should count.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
then don't. my initial post said it feels like this gen started only 3 years ago because there were little to no compelling games between 2013 and 2014. a lot of it were cross-gen, even. not until 2015 did we see what this gen was capable of and only now are we seeing games that are truly next-gen.

Also, technically we are at year 4, not year 5. year 5 doesn't come until next month. that's the math.
Okay so it was 4 years and 11 months ago.

Also: DriveClub, Infamous Second Sun, Ryse are some example of next gen games in year one.

Anyways seems like I was right in guessing 2019 for next gen. Looking forward to it.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Booooo. Seriously no one wants a new gen. Feels like this gen has just started 3 years ago.
Hmmm I want it and I only recently upgraded from my launch PS4 to the Pro but I'd trade that in and get a PS5 day one.

Provided they don't rush it out with seriously poor specs and miss the boat on a lot of tech leaps that are inbound, then it's all good. And from all the threads we know they can do proper "next gen" tech by late 2019, it just might cost them a bit more to do that than if they waited a while, that's the only downside to Sony to kick-start the next gen.

Dec 14, 2017
IW again on the cross-gen entry like with Ghosts. Hope it doesn't turn out like that one.

I am cautiously optimistic for their entry though, with quite a few Respawn members returning to the nest.

Some Respawn people are on the IW team? I thought they were all on Jedi Fallen Order? Either way, cross-gen CoD is most likely.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
You guys hopefully know that this could mean for their next game after the 2019 one?
Let the 2019 dream die folks.

Doubt it. Their last game was 2016, that gives them 3 years, and it's not like the next gen version wont be cross generational title as in basically the PS4 version just running on PS5.

I mean could mean they are just working on final dev kits and maybe it still is 2020.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
MW4 Next year with MW2 Remastered.

MW2 Remastered will be different then previous MW:R

• Full Singleplayer remade ala CoD 4 :R
  • Will not have seperate MP mode
  • Core of 8 - 10 classic MW2 maps included in Deluxe Edition for Day 1 owners
  • 12 base maps for MW4

Book it.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont find crazy that they skip a year, maybe BO4 is supposed to last more than expected.

Who knows lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

• 12 base maps for MW4

Book it.

This would make sense. If MW2 is a real thing, releasing it alongside MW4 with MP would be HORRIBLE. Like MWR and IW played very differently an so didn't cannibalize each other but MW4 and MW2 would.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I'm down for a new gen.

Last gen went on for way too long, and I'd welcome a return to 5 year generations like we had before last generation.

for me, yknow, games take longer to make. we are now hearing about 5-year dev cycles from pre-prod to launch. I want at least 2 games for each title/franchise in one gen, and let the ideas flourish while being familiar and proficient with the technology vs creating an idea plus re-tooling for new tech yet again.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

• 12 base maps for MW4

Book it.
As in, a huge batch of MW2 maps for MW4 right off the bat?

I'll book the shit out of this.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Genuinely think it will be a big mistake if ps5 comes out next year unless it's like ps4 pro2.0

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That would mean 2022, which seems more unlikely.
It really doesnt. MW4 or whatever they are working on must be in full production for current gen.

2020 is when nextgen happens and will have Sledgehammer on the table. They are IMO the only CoD Dev Studio that are using a impressive looking version of the CoD Engine. WW2 looked superb on OneX

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
This could absolutely be referring to a non-CoD project with a 2020+ release... but honestly, considering Activision's leash/whip, it probably isn't...

A new generation in 2019 would be a bummer and it's looking more and more likely, sigh...

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry guys but next-gen still means current gen on job postings and it will continue to do so when the next consoles come out. That term doesn't seem to be going away. This game is/has been in production for over a year now probably targeting current consoles so don't expect anything but a cross gen title if new consoles do come out but this generic job posting doesn't really mean anything.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I love when we start to hear all that moise about Next Gen.

I predict we will hear sbout Scarlett specs rumors later this month or early November before the X0 event.