• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Huge props to Borman for covering this at GDC. The panel is not being streamed but will eventually go up in the GDC vault, though for folk missing out these glimpses at the presentation are tantalising.

Full thread kicks off here.
https://twitter.com/Borman18/status/1108475080026152960

perIaOd.png

rru9XAo.png

NtJACsX.png

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I know 1 and 2 are getting remasters. I really hope Saga gets one as well because right now the only way would be for me to fork 800 for a pal/US copy on saturn

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to watch the video. Makes sense that SEGA's internal devs would be both impressed and scared of the PlayStation's capabilities. Of all the early Saturn games, Panzer Dragoon was certainly one of the most visually pleasing.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
They can't port them without the source code though.

we've heard this for years, yet Saturn emulation has been solid for quite a while now
it's a lack of inclination at this point

yeah I'm still quite pleased at these 2 classics finally being ported (swear to god, orta over component cables is great as it is) but even in a reality where shnemoo 3 is coming, i still need to see more of these to believe!

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
I Will clearly watch that conference when it will get out. Still ashame Sega didn't included the series in their recent survey...

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember seeing Panzer Dragoon 1 for the first time on some TV show and thinking to myself "Wow, it looks like real water" during that first stage. It absolutely blew my mind back then. Maybe the graphics are slightly less impressive in 2019 but that first level when I finally got around to playing it is one of the most epic moments I've experienced in gaming. The music for the stage is perfect too.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Glad everyone enjoyed this, had to leave early though for a meeting.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
One of my favorite series of all time. Anything involving the making of the games is always appreciated.