• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will they still call Anna 'Onna' for reasons I don't completely understand?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
hmm the difference in perspective of the impressions actually makes this movie even more interesting to me

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Frozen 1 was a bit of a mess IMO, my kid loved it but overall the quality of the songs outside of a couple were largely forgettable. If anything, these reviews actually give me hope that it'll be better because I never understood the fanfare around the first.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao. They were already posted when you asked me if I read the OP though...
You responded to my 50s-60s prediction by asking me how I could've possibly garnered that from the tweets provided so far. I asked you if you read the OP, which showed tweets with mediocre impressions. I literally answered your question. And then you retorted by asking if I'd read the OP, which was puzzling because the OP showed mediocre impressions. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, there are more positive tweets later on, but impressions have been divisive so far. Some less impressed, some more.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care much. Just noting that your assertion that mediocre reviews would translate to 60% on RT is wrong. But, if it gets outright bad reviews, who knows what'll happen.
Mediocre impressions usually lead to really bad reviews in my experience. Movies like Justice League and BvS got mediocre Twitter impressions. Not terrible; mediocre. And look how they turned out on RT.

Obviously I'm not saying that's what's going to happen to Frozen II, but in my experience, if impressions are less than glowing on a film on Twitter, you're going to see some lower RT scores. Who knows though.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"It's good, but the first one was great"

I'd argue the first one was not great so I guess this is a pass for my childless ass.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
A worse plot sounds really disappointing tbh. The initial trailer made it seem like it was gonna be like the How to Train your Dragon the series

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
People actually liked Frozen's story? I thought it was one of the lamest Disney princess stories. Kinda hard to believe that this one is less interesting. The trailers made me think that this one was going to have a much more interesting story.

Edit- Some of the other tweets seem a lot more positive, so I still have hope that'll I'll like this one more than the original.

Last edited:

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never saw the first and no real interest in this. Still ki da sucks it seems it went through the motions.

Wreck it Ralph 2 disappoints me the more I think about it.

It had so much potential to explore about videogame lore.

-The same character meeting different versions from the same game.
-The character meeting later versions of themselves from sequels.
-A Donkey Kong Country situation where the villain of the series goes on to become the hero in a completely different series.

The directors even gave some of these story ideas for any potential sequel!

All thrown out for the piece of mediocrity we got.

PS. I'm kind of tired of Disney (and Western animation) getting rid of straight up villains.

They're usually the best and most memorable part of a cartoon.

The issue you seem to have with the movie is that it's not about video games. Wreck it Ralph 2 is about the internet. From there, you get plots about communicating, being selfish at expense of others, and learning how to deal with different views in life. And Ralph 2 was magnificent in that way.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I think Ralph 2 is amazing because it's nowhere near a safe sequel. It takes risks and actually shows growth for the two main characters. The structure of the movie is non traditional and at times it wanders but in a good way. The main conflict set up is solved pretty quickly and the movie shifts into a character study in a way.

The fact that villain was a person's insecurities personified was beautiful. The movie people wanted with video games references and characters like Felix having a main role seems to be the safe sequel.

Dec 31, 2017
The issue you seem to have with the movie is that it's not about video games. Wreck it Ralph 2 is about the internet. From there, you get plots about communicating, being selfish at expense of others, and learning how to deal with different views in life. And Ralph 2 was magnificent in that way.
Ehh.

It also kind of rewrote the main two characters.

Not the worst animated movie I've ever seen. Possibly the most mediocre.

Oct 30, 2017
Low-mid 70s probably. I'll see it once it's out on Bluray. I love the first film, so this seems right up my alley. Also fucking adore Josh Gad as Olaf.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

It was pretty boring in that way. It went through all the expected motions of an internet plot, the most remarkable thing it did was bringing the Disney Princesses together and even that was just "Ok".

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Never really understood the internet's fit over Frozen's success. Is there something that occurred during it's release?

Cause no other current animated Disney movie has reactions like this

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
My four and a half year old stepdaughter is obsessed with this franchise, so it's safe to say I have some Frozen fatigue going in to this movie (though of course we already have our tickets bought, and we're taking her to a "Meet Queen Elsa" event this weekend).

So I'm not sure what to make of these Twitter impressions just yet. The plot complaints, given how simplistic the first film was in that regard, are a bit discouraging. It being darker but still family friendly is something I can get behind (the trailers already seemed to indicate more peril in general). And the songs being better but also more catchy is probably something I'm going to appreciate in the short term but come to hate long term (I'm so fucking sick of "Let it Go" even though it's adorable when my stepdaughter tries to sing along, y'all have no idea).

I'm gonna be forced to rewatch/listen to songs from/hear about/buy merch from this film for god knows how long, so I guess I was hoping it'd be better received.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
There is almost nothing that can stop me from watching this movie. Frozen was so magical and I still have Let It Go stuck in my head. Impressions seem just fine to my biased view :D

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that this one doesn't shoehorn in a traditional villain has me way more interested, not gonna lie

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These impressions are exactly what I needed to hear. I hated Frozen and wanted something that was different from it, so this probably means I'll love this film.

also Jonathan Groff has the best song? Yes, thank you Disney.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Frozen was wonderful, but they put all the songs in the first 30 minutes. Hopefully they are better spread out with this one.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just barely watched Frozen for the first time this year. I guess the whole hype around Let It Go kinda turned me from seeing it. It was decent enough to where I wanna see the sequel.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
The movie is going to be incredible. The stuff I've heard from someone who saw the movie is extremely exciting.

Also, LOL at some of these Rotten Tomatoes predictions. This movie isn't going below 80%. It'll land somewhere between 85%-93%.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
While I love my Disney Villains, focusing on the heroes' flaws and vulnerabilities seems like the right move if you want to explore the protagonists more.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of time in these movies for Disney Villains with the types of stories Disney Animation wants to create.